Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Lips2kiss Lip System--early RAVE!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
Is anyone still using this system?

Kandis' site is not the easiest to navigate. I thought she might have improved it over the last few years but I guess not. I'm going to start up with the program again - in full plus some of the day time colors.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
I'm still using LTK system but I'm well stocked up. I'm sure though somebody will take advantage of this offer.
I agree Sis, Kandis' site isn't the best for navigating, she really should improve it.
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
I have absolutely NO luck in buying lip colour online. I wouldn't want to waste my money if you have to use the lip colour to have success with the line.

Are those still using the L2K system only using L2K colours?

I was wondering if it was the type of system where you could do the treatments and as long as you wore higher quality lip sticks, glosses etc, will the products still work?

TIA

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using it but lately having more peeling so I'm getting frustrated. So I'm scaling back using L2K and using another brand for my lips in between. I just hate when my lips peel and bleed and it's been happening since I started back in the spring. Maybe I just have bad luck with this line.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
White Wolf - maybe you're allergic to something in the product? Do you have sensitive lips, or is this something that you don't normally have happen to you?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
Time2Bme, possibly. I've had some reactions to products in the past, so I do tend to consider myself more sensitive than the norm. Maybe I'll try this system again later down the road and see if the same thing happens.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
That's frustrating. I hate when I've spent $$ on something that, not only doesn't work, but actually ends up hurting my skin.

5% products discount

Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:58 pm      Reply with quote
I just want to say that I am having outstanding results with just the night lip cream. I started using it just on its own and I haven't had dry lips since I started using just this product. I have been using the whole system for about 6 months. Because the lip cream is so moisturizing the vertical lip lines ON my lips are far less noticable. I swear my lips look so much better. At the very least the lines don't bother me anymore so I guess that is a testament to it's effectiveness.
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
Petunia, do you only use the L2K products, or do you also use lipsticks?

I envy anyone who can get a decent colour online. I can pick products up in the store; they look like they'd be perfect, but when I apply them they turn orange on me. Bleck

5% products discount

Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
I only use the treatment products--and right now I am just loving the night lip cream. I don't have any flaking, peeling or dehydration when I use this product. I only have the Lips2Kiss gloss in Drama Queen. I got it as a free sample with my first kit. Other than that I have not ordered the lipsticks or other makeup products. I agree that it is hard to make a good purchase of lip color without actually trying it on first.
I can't quite figure out how to order the colors on the website--it isn't that clear. I emailed Kandis and she asked me to send in my favorite lipstick shade and that she would dupe it. This is a great offer. What I would really like, however, would be a mini-lipstick kit of assorted colors to try. This would give me a chance to try out the colors and order a full size if I want.
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
Petunia wrote:
I can't quite figure out how to order the colors on the website--it isn't that clear. I emailed Kandis and she asked me to send in my favorite lipstick shade and that she would dupe it. This is a great offer. What I would really like, however, would be a mini-lipstick kit of assorted colors to try. This would give me a chance to try out the colors and order a full size if I want.

Petunia, I think this is a great idea. I can't imagine that there aren't others who are hesitant to order coloured products on line. The only ones I've ever ordered on lines are ones that I already knew I liked and just ordered on line to save myself a trip to the store.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
Okay, folks... I'm jumping on the bandwagon! Your reviews have convinced me to finally order this product line, and I am hoping for the best.

There's a great deal on these products right now -- order by the 27th, and get a free gift equal to the value of your most expensive purchase (with a $5 margin for error). Sets appear to be included in this offer, but handhelds are not able to be your free gift.

I ordered the new client special, and requested a second one as my gift. I also ordered the penetrable stain, and an additional stain color.

I got some money earmarked as a birthday gift, and decided to use it for this.
birdlove
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
I will keep you folks updated on my progress, and will even take pics (which I never do, often to my disappointment later.)

I'm turning 43, and despite being a smoker, have very few lip lines at this point... I attribute this to genetics (my wrinkles go elsewhere), dermarolling!, regular facial peels, and a few IPL treatments that I had years ago.

What I am really wanting from this system is plumper, healthier lips. I have been using the long-wearing lipsticks for many years now, and they are very drying.

I have had restylane/juvederm injections in the past, and loved them, but they just aren't worth the expense. I also have a luscious lips lip plumper, which I do like, but it has some drawbacks.
birdlove
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
The lip pump works, but the plumping doesn't last that long... though I do think with regular use it has enlarged my lips permanently somewhat. The biggest drawback for me is that it seems to make my lip area much more prone to acne breakouts, even if I keep it very clean.

I may combine this with the lips2kiss system eventually, but will start out just using the lips2kiss, and see how it goes. I'm pretty excited about it.. and being a gadget freak, I don't mind the blowdrying and all that... it keeps me on task with a regimen if I have to remeber to do something daily. Wish me luck!
Deheune
5% products discount

Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:49 pm      Reply with quote
I am a recent user of the lip system as well. I'm trying to keep an open mind, but it is taking some effort. My bottom lip was damaged, so I know it will take some time to heal. But my faith in Kandis is fairly low right now. I'm hoping she is just overwhelmed by the holiday rush. She is contradicting herself in her emails to me, like perhaps she is getting her customers mixed up. The lip journal she sent to me was essentially a sales pitch for more expensive items. It appeared copy/pasted together with several fonts and many spelling issues. My product shipped late, and was missing an item. Kandis did apolgize and resend, but there's been an overall lack of professionalism to the communication.

I'm going to stick it out for another month and give the products a true chance.
birdlove
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
Kandis does seem pretty scattered right now, which I don't think is typical for her from what I've read. My order took a while to ship, too.. and the emails have been confusing... BUT....

OMG! My preliminary review of this product is a rave, rave, rave! My lips look amazingly better in a very short time. I woke up this morning to pink, super plump lips! They honestly look like they did when I had restylane, but without the fake-plump bizarre-o feeling that fillers give. I am excited beyond belief about this... like a lot of us, I have tried just about everything on the market for lips, and NOTHING has come close to these results. I can't wait to see what the future holds.
birdlove
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
I ordered the entire system, and so far so good with the line eliminator/line smoother combo. I have very acne prone skin, so I was a bit worried about that after reading what other people experienced re: acne... but no breakouts yet. I will wait and see on this one.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
I started back on L2K a few months ago and really am enjoying the products. I like the blowdrying too - For me this system works but you do need to stick with it. My lips are plump, moist and happy Smile Like anything - if you stray too far for too long it all sadly goes away.
I do use other lip products but for the most part I am using Kandis' line - the colors are very forgiving - not over the top bright or anything. I have Sexy Mama which Kandis sent for free - She is VERY generous with freebies I'd say.
I love one color called I think Showstopper and another called Claim to Fame (or something like that). This was another freebie. It looked kind of orangey but ended up being the besst of all - go figure.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
That's great birdlove, I'm glad it's working so well for you! I cheat and wear reg. lipstick at times and it still works. Wink
birdlove
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:35 am      Reply with quote
I ordered two of the penetrable lip colors, and I absolutely love the shades of both of them (I love dark, rich lip colors.) I am going to order some of the time to heal glazes as well... I'm not wearing lip color yet (per her instructions), but think I will be happy with the ones I purchased.

And, yes, I am sure I will cheat and wear some of my favorite shades for special occasions, too... but right now, I am trying to follow this to the letter.

If I can have beautiful lips, I am perfectly happy to do this program for the forseeable future! I've had Restylane, and I loved it, but it is way too expensive to do regularly (and it does feel very, very weird... like having a balloon in your lips!)
Eep

Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:30 am      Reply with quote
After reading some pages and trying to navigate the somewhat confusing site, I think I may bite!

I always have dry, cracked, peely lips, but my one wish would be to plump them. I'm scared of fillers, so hope for a nice, natural enhancement. What would you ladies suggest for a beginner? I just want moist, plumper lips. I'm more interested in plumpin' my pucker more than anything!

I'm leaning towards the lip pump but I heard it can be painful and that it causes acne. What else delivers a plentiful pout? Laughing
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:27 am      Reply with quote
Hi birdlove - Thanks for your response - I always wondered if the fillers in the lips made your lips feel wierd or at least different.

And White Wolf - The first time I used the program I started to have all sorts of peeling after a few months. This time I'm not coming at it as strongly. I use the three system (Cream, Liquid gold and glaze) three times a day (twice with blowdryer) and the rest of the time I just use time 2 heal or just glaze. My goal is have healthy, hydrated looking lips. When I want to add something for fun (other than L2K) I go for it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:12 am      Reply with quote
Even when I backed off with just the lip cream, I still had peeling. When winter hit here, it got even worse. Now I'm using "Your Best Face" Define & Quench and things are back to normal. It's just an easier system for me right now especially in the cold. Someday I'll go back to L2K though.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I'd vote for Lips2kiss over the lip pump any day. The lip pump works, but the plumping doesn't last long (it does get better in time) and it DID make my skin break out. I have acne prone skin, so someone without that problem may do better with it.

As for fillers, there's honestly nothing to be afraid of ... my derm numbs my lips, so there's minimal pain (but you are numb, like after the dentist, for a few hours.) I have also gotten a bit of bruising and soreness for a couple of days. Done well, they look great! They do make your lips feel very strange indeed, but you get used to it.

The problem for me, with fillers, is that they just don't last. I only got about 3 months out of each treatment, and it isn't worth the price.
birdlove
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
I am hoping that I can get the same results with this system, and it will be my own lips, not a filler. I am seeing so much improvement right now that I feel very, very optimistic about the future of my lips Very Happy

I am not getting much peeling so far -- a little -- but I have also never been a lipbalm person. Lipstick, yes... but I don't wear Carmex, chapstick, or any of that.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:19 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |