Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Lips2kiss Lip System--early RAVE!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Patty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
I did my own lip color right after learning how to do it. I absolutely butchered my lips. LOL!!!! I know A LOT MORE NOW than I did then, plus I invested in a top of the line computerized tattoo machine. Honey, this past year, I've had the most fun of my life. But, I am sooooo in debt. But, I have faith that more good times are ahead and I will do my part to be successful. I originally did my lips in a very soft mauve color. I wanted a color that looked like baby colored lips. Soft colors tend to be too pale so I have another color in mind that is just beautiful on the lips. It's another mauve color but darker than the one I used. It implants beautifully. You're wanting some Angelina lips aren't you? The Restylane can do that for you and it lasts at least 6 months and sometimes longer. Our lips tend to turn under as we age and Resty can definitely puff those puppies up. I charge $400 for a 1 ml syringe of it. Use that when checking prices in your area. I never price gouge on anything and my husband fusses at me constantly because I give so much away. I guess that's because I've always worked hard for the money so I love to make things more affordable when I can. These are all luxuries that we we don't have to have, but if you're into this sort of thing....ain't it fun? HaHa!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
I can't believe I heard from Kandis already. She emailed about 15 minutes after I emailed her. Don't you love business people who stay on top of things?

BTW, PocoLoco, I just noticed your question about permanent eyeliner. I'm going to email you because I have a great way of doing eyeliner that doesn't bother my clients in the least. Most of them sleep through the eyeliner procedure.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
How long does it take to peel? I have exfoliated 4 times in 6 days and no peeling yet. My lips are not dry at all, in fact I have to keep reminding myself to put stuff on during the day per directions. Trust me, my lips are OLD so I would think they would peel at some point in time. I will say though, they are quite soft.
PocoLoco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
Mine started peeling within 24 hours of using the system, it lasted 2 days and now it's stopped.
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
Hi guys,
Anyone knows how to get a hold of Kandis? I e-mailed her several days ago through the 'customer service' e-mail on her website, but I haven't heard from her yet. From what some of you have been saying, Kandis is generally quite fast to respond to e-mails, so I am concerned that I didn't use the right e-mail address (or Kandis is just away on holidays).
Thanks, R. Smile

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:44 pm      Reply with quote
try kandis@lips2kiss.com
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:48 pm      Reply with quote
I think I started peeling at 5 or 6 days. Mine was pretty gentle peeling. Make sure you're reapplyng frequently during the day. That seemed to help me. There have also been a day or two when certain areas will seem to get a little dry. Don't know if thats part of the process or not.

kimberly
Scottishjuls
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:38 am      Reply with quote
What I am wondering is when you start using the colour do you still use the system before you put it on as it states on the information sent your lips should be free from all creams before you put colour on? So do I stop using the cream and line eliminator in the morning??

Have been using system for a week but still no peeling here either !
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:32 am      Reply with quote
I have been comunicating with Kandis over the last few days on email. I just received her system also. She is very helpful.

She told me peeling can occur anywhere from a few days to "upto" 30 days. Since I was also concerned having no peeling yet after 5 days.

So wait at least 30 days for the peeling thing.

My understanding is, lips should be wiped clean of all products (Gold, Cream or glaze) before applying the color, and top coat. The glaze, gold, and cream cannot be applyed under or over the color.

So you would use the treatments when you are not useing the color, and at night.

Which is one reason lips need to be in good shape before useing the color, and also because the color will stick and wear better. The top coat is also a treatment product, though it maybe less concintrated then the standard "spa" system?
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:34 am      Reply with quote
the line eliminater goes above the lips, so you could probably use that, mixed with a bit of the cream to help absorption, still in the AM. Just guessing here. Wink
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:27 am      Reply with quote
I've now been using the system for around 2 weeks & my lips definitely look & feel better. Luckily my lips haven't been peeling much at all. So now I'm thinking of using the lipcolor system soon, but I wish there was a nude beige pink shade available, I don't really wear reddish shades. Confused Maybe I'll just try the pacific pearl??

But so far my results are quite good! Wink
Scottishjuls
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:38 am      Reply with quote
I have the pacific pearl and it is very light so if you dont like too deep colours this one is perfect. I also got the Sonoma Sun which looks really dark in the bottle but when you put it on its not too dark at all. Of course if you want it darker you could just apply more coats...
rkai93
5% products discount

Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:39 am      Reply with quote
safire - kandis told me that one of her new lip glosses has a nude like the one JLo wears - FYI - i dont use anything but pinkish nudes either!!! I always think it;s becuase darker lipstick makes my lips look thinner
PocoLoco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:45 am      Reply with quote
I tried both of my colors just to see what they looked like. I liked the mauve one, it is not as dark as it is in the tube. I also tried Pacific Peal and was surprised that this one stung! The mauve one didn't. Has anyone else had this sensation from the Pacific Pearl?
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:48 am      Reply with quote
I'm SO excited! Girls, I've jumped on the L2K bandwagon, too! I ordered the system from Kandis (who is simply amazing!) a week or so ago and just started using it last night (I knew I'd be out of town for Christmas and New Years and didn't want to start and stop and start and stop my treatment).

The products are so nice ... they are so silky feeling. You know, I actually like using the blow dryer on my lips - I whipped out my little concentration cone thingy and put that on the dryer and just directed the warm stream of air on my lips for about 2 minutes or so ... the time went by really fast and the warm air felt really nice. I'm sure my lips will peel like crazy as I've been using a waxy lipliner as my lip color with gloss over it and am sure my lips are just starved for moisture. We shall see!

I'm really excited for results to show, but realize its going to take some time. I've taken before pics and will post my progress. Very Happy
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
I wish I'd thought to do before and after pics. I was new to this game when I purchased l2k and now I'm kicking myself. I love the blowdryer step. I'm also using the Line Eliminator so I'm hitting those areas with the dryer too. The other day, one of my clients made me sit down so she could inspect my lips with her glasses on and she was impressed at the increased fullness and color.
rkai93
5% products discount

Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
i do the same thing with my directional thinggie on my hairdryer too!

my lips, after 16 days of diligence with the system, have started peeling - but only the bottom one so far.
KANDIS
5% products discount

Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Ladies - Kandis here again

Though I personally have not tried this, one of the young ladies in this forum sent me an email clarifying how she was using the color before her lips were conditioned. I'll paste it here for you. (As a side note - I formulated lipglosses which can be worn immediately. Sometime this month 2 of them will be available. Now for the lipcolor trick (use this only in the beginning. When your lips are conditioned, the color won't adhere with the cream underneath).

(From an EDS Forum Member) "Okay about my lip color trick. I apply the LC to my lips evenly like I would at night just to get a good base. After it absorbs, I add a bit more over my lips in small dabs and then comes the color. I apply the color wand directly on the LC/lips. I do wipe off some of the color before I do this though, since the wand holds quite a bit. I just basically use the wand to mix the two together. After I'm done I wipe the color wand again and that's it. This is not so much a lipstick/gloss kind of coverage, but it just tints them enough so that I don't feel naked. Then I use the glaze for color over it at least twice an hour, usually more.

Also ladies, I communicated with the majority of my testers during the holiday break (over 3 dozen living in various parts of the U.S.) and asked them specifically about their "peeling" experiences. One in particular said she didn't start peeling until after she had been on the system almost three months, and then she really peeled. This tester was the exception. (She also started with deeply pronounced wrinkles above her lips; however, others with similar wrinkles peeled much sooner). All of my testers peeled at some point.

Neither you nor I can control how fast your lip tissues are going to take to rejuvenate; however, what you can control is how much and how often you provide your lip surface with product during the day. Because I personally instruct every one of my testers, each of them applies product At Least Twice an hour during the day, during the rejuvenation process.

Once we have eliminated all the wrinkles above, below and or around your lips, it is essential that you continue to provide your lips with hydration. Preferably every hour. Allow me to relate an experience with one of my testers, a beautiful southern woman who is in her seventies. She started with extremely noticeable wrinkles above her lips. I made her one of my testers and personally instructed her on how to do the system. She was diligently faithful and I vividly recall the phone call from her telling me she no longer had ANY wrinkles above her lips. Then about 7 months later she called me again and said a couple of her wrinkles were coming back. I asked her how often she was applying her glaze (the one in the color system) over her color. Her answer revealed the problem - oh a couple times a day - you know I just get so busy and I forget. After getting her to understand that her lip tissues are live and need constant hydration - (more so than any other organ in her body) she agreed to apply her glaze at least once an hour, which took care of the problem. Today she is more beautiful than ever. Her lips do not age, and never will, as she is committed to the products and understands proper usage. She does and will continue to use the nightly treatment, using the heat at least 3 nights of the week. Once rejuvenation has occured, using the heat nightly is up to you; however, it does need to be used at least 3 nights a week. (Personally I still use it nightly. For me it is relaxing).

Hopefully I have shed some light on the "peeling" issue, in that it truly varies from one individual to the next. So if you haven't peeled yet, just make certain you are applying enough product to your lip surface during the day (at least twice an hour), and then realize it now all depends on your lip tissue layers, and they can't be rushed.

The topic has also arisen regarding "maintenance" and preventing any further aging once we have reversed it. Hopefully I have shed some light here as well. Please feel free to email me directly if you still have questions and or concerns that I can help you with.

Again, I'm VERY PROUD of all of you who are using the system!!! Several shades of the color with hyaluronic acid and several colors of the lipgloss have been formulated and will make their entry throughout this new year.

KANDIS
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
looking forward to the new colors and the gloss you can use right away!

I did not receive any colors with my kit, so have not tryed them.

It would be great Kandis, if you could also sell a small kit with small testers of all the colors. Or even a small container with a small dollop of an individual color.

I am super picky about the colors of my glosses, and have drawers full of colors that look good in the store, but wrong once I apply them to me.

And since your colors are a bit more costly, because they are a treatment, and we can't return them - it would be easier to use them if we could test them more cheaply to find the correct color before ordering the full size product.
KANDIS
5% products discount

Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
Tangal sweetheart I totally agree and wish I could have samples. The problem right now is that the manufacturing process is so involved and time consuming because of the formulations, that cutting the quantity of the color and or lipgloss even in half only reduces my cost by pennies. If I am able to somehow rectify this, I certainly will; however, as of now, I don't see any way around it.

The lipgloss colors however, show much easier on a monitor and are in a teardrop picture so to speak. I formulated them with my chemist from the actual picture which I'll display. They are very true to life. I hope this helps.

KANDIS
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
I vote for the color samples too! Although Kandis was wonderful in helping me find a color!

Kandis - So are you saying that you have two different kinds of colored glosses? One with HA and one without? I ask because I thought the Walk of Fame seemed different than the Napa Wine, although now that Scalawagg has my WOF, I can't do a comparison. Do they work differently?
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
TAMgirl99 wrote:

Kandis - So are you saying that you have two different kinds of colored glosses? One with HA and one without? I ask because I thought the Walk of Fame seemed different than the Napa Wine, although now that Scalawagg has my WOF, I can't do a comparison. Do they work differently?

Are you saying that there are coloured lip glosses already available, and you have them??
I don't see any on L2K website - just the L2K system and the LipColor system. Am I missing something? Confused

R. Smile

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
Not sure if this is possible, because of the way your product is formulated. It may dry to fast.

But companys like Aromaleigh put a small doolop of color in a tiny tiny zip bag when you request a sample. The sample will dry out after a few weeks, but usually is good enough for you to test immediately after you receive it in the mail.

I think they just open some tester bottle they store "in house" for this purpose.

And they do charge for costs, usually just a few dollars a sample, plus postage. Often it can fit in a regular envelop though.

Its not perfect, but allows you to get a few samples cheaper.

May not work with the glosses, but possibly with the "color"

I do understand your concerns with sample costs. I work directly with many companys in the skincare industry, and this is a common concern, and reasons why samples are not always possible.

Better test swatchs on the site may help, as you mentioned for the gloss. Smile
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:53 pm      Reply with quote
the gloss and new colors are not on the site yet.
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
I have also received lipcolor samples in little blister pacs. One card has a few plastic blister bubbles that each hold a color.

Or sometimes each little card holds one color, in the blister bubble.

This would probably be pretty costly to produce though.

Maybe you can decant a small amount in tiny sample bottles? Many companys sell tiny plastic sample vials, and you would not need to "fill" the vials. Just a small amount for testing.

This would be something you would need to do "in office"
www.dianayvonne.com sells the vials I am thinking of on her site, either with samples, or individually for customers to fill for travel use.

I am sure wholesale would be cheaper on them. But Thats one type that may work.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:30 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |