Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lips2kiss Lip System--early RAVE!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
PocoLoco wrote:
My lips are in their second round of peeliness. I hate it! Confused I keep rubbing my lips together to feel the hard flaky skin inside the oily lip glaze. Bleagh!

I've gotten that a couple of times. Yeah, nothing "softens" those dried areas but it's not like you can peel them off either. That's when I went "exfoliating-happy". Probably a little too much though.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
My lips have started to peel too Confused & I have a bad habit of rubbing them together & picking at the dry flaky skin, I'm trying to avoid this but it's hard grrr! Mad

Although I think my lips *are* starting to look a bit fuller now YAY! Very Happy I also hope Kandis gets those gloss samples out soon that would be great!
KANDIS
5% products discount

Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
Ladies the Sexy Mama and Drama Queen lipglosses aren't samples. They're the real things, in a different container than my new tubes.

Peeling is good. Each layer will go through this. Be patient.

KANDIS
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
KANDIS wrote:
Ladies the Sexy Mama and Drama Queen lipglosses aren't samples. They're the real things, in a different container than my new tubes.
KANDIS

Laughing I knew that! I have no idea why I said samples. I meant I can't wait til you get these glosses up for sale. Very Happy
patrod
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
PocoLoco wrote:
My lips are in their second round of peeliness. I hate it! Confused I keep rubbing my lips together to feel the hard flaky skin inside the oily lip glaze. Bleagh!

Laughing I couldn't have said that any better. It happened to me this morning. I used the exfolitive without water and couldn't believe how much skin came off. But they felt so much better after that.
Why isn't anyone talking about the Face2Flaunt. I luv it. I've been using it for about a 1 1/2 wks now and I can feel the difference already. My skin gets all tingly after putting it on and I swear when I woke up this morning my face was glowing. My lips are another story as I mentioned above. This is so much better than any retinoid I've ever used. I was using Derma-gel but would have to back off on usage after a couple of days due to irritation. Especially on my neck and upper chest. I've been using it every day and night and no irritation.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:03 pm      Reply with quote
ACK. I reviewed Face2Flaunt but called it the Line Eliminator. Oh boy. Is there a way to edit that, anyone?

kimberly
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:44 pm      Reply with quote
I also like the face2flaunt. I am noticing a little difference in my wrinkles but at the same time I am also using the Quasar SP and HA supplements and will start the Nuface in a few minutes. I know I should have started one thing at a time but there was no way I could do that. I am too impatient, I want it now. Rolling Eyes
KANDIS
5% products discount

Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:48 am      Reply with quote
Rjez darling
I'm sure that Carekate's products are great; however, if they have even the slightest bit of wax, a wax derivative or any petroleum by-product, or mineral oil, or glycerin, (ect.), they will interfere with your rejuvenation process because your lips2kiss products won't be able to absorb through them and get down to your lip tissue layers which we're targeting.

Your success with my system sweetheart is truly my #1 priority. I cannot however guarantee the promises I make you if you deviate from the directions I sent you, and incorporating any other product into your daily or nightly routine while you're using my system will unfortunately jeopardize your success.

Now all you little darlings who are peeling like the dickens, I need you to really get this > Every single one of you using my system ordered it because you desire the results which I promise you. There are no other products or systems which promise to interrupt the aging of your lips, then reverse the aging which has already occured (when this segment happens you'll see all the wonderful things I've promised you when you look in the mirror)and then continue to prevent further aging. Ok - I need to create another analogy for you:

You have just inherited your auntie's beach house that is worth more than the entire block of homes where you currently live. You have decided to move there permanently. As you're clearing out her attic, you come across a few peices of furniture that have been painted a ghastly color and these pieces look like they could be treasured antiques. So what do you do? You have them restored - in other words, you want to take them back to how they were when they were new. The only way to do that, and to get down to the gorgeous wood that the pieces are made of, is to PEEL or remove the paint that is currently on them. The professional who will do it knows exactly what to use so as not to damage the pieces. The natural and vibrant color of the wood will be restored, but to get down to that, several layers of paint have to be removed/peeled away.

Now the difference with the antiques and your lips is that unless cell proliferation was taking place in your underlying lip tissue layers, all the peeling in the world wouldn't reveal beautiful new lips (some of you have dealt with peeling for a long time - long before you started using the system, and your lips have never improved) This time however, your peeling is totally different because it is a result of the new tissue that is being formed deep within your lip tissue layers and each layer has to go through this. Your natural maximum lip fullness results from every one of your lip tissue layers being nourished, revitalized, hydrated and rejuvenated. To form and grow new underlying lip tissue, the old stuff has to be sloughed off and the only way for our lips to do this is through the peeling process. Now tell me - did you get it???

(Your peeling can take 2 weeks or 2 months - it's totally out of your hands and my hands, it's up to your lips). Those of you who are not yet peeling, there are only two reasons:
1) you're not giving your lip tissues enough product during your waking hours, for cell proliferation to occur.
2) assuming you're giving your lip tissues enough product, then your underlying lip tissue layers are extremely dehydrated and damaged and are needing alot more product before cell proliferation can occur and the peeling can begin. (those of you with extremely pronounced wrinkles above and or around your lips will fall into this category.

So my little darlings, if you really got this, instead of getting upset and agitated over your peeling process and instead of pulling and or picking your lips, you'll now realize that the promises I've made you, the reasons you purchased the system in the first place, are beginning to occur in your lip tissue layers. This process starts in your deepest underlying tissue layer and works upwards towards your lip surface, where every promise I make you will manifest.

Now my little darlings, tell me seriously, DO YOU GET IT???

KANDIS

MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:34 am      Reply with quote
KANDIS wrote:
Now my little darlings, tell me seriously, DO YOU GET IT???

KANDIS

Kandis, everytime you clarify stuff for us I understand it better, and it really helps to read your explanations because they doubly confirm I'm on the right track. I'm peeling a little bit every day and started peeling at the end of day 1 or 2! Normally, I'd be mildy irritated by the peeling, but its not so bad and now I fully understand the reason and need for it.
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:03 am      Reply with quote
Oh, I can hardly wait to start Rolling Eyes. I hope my stuff arrives early next week. I got the shippment notice the same day I ordered (actually, only a few hours after I placed my order), so hopefully my package is on its way. I'm sure I'll have buckets of "old stuff" to peel off Very Happy.
Happy peeling and rejuvening everyone Wink.
R. Smile

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
Scottishjuls
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:32 am      Reply with quote
Can anyone help me? I dont seem to see an answer for what I am supposed to put on my lines above lips during day? I know this question has been asked but I cant seem to see a reply???? I have been using the system about a week now using night cream mixed with line eliminator in the morning but still unsure what to use through the day above the lips?
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:50 am      Reply with quote
Scottishjuls,

I don't know if this is correct or not but I slap everything on & above my lips except if I am out. Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:31 am      Reply with quote
Scottishjuhls,
You put the lip cream on the lips and if you have the LE you mix equal amounts together to apply above the lip. L
Scottishjuls
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:24 am      Reply with quote
Yes that is what I do in the morning but when I am at work I dont want my mouth looking all greasy around it and wondered is it ok just to use the lip cream on my lips during the day or should I be putting stuff above them where the main problem is....
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
Scottishjuhls,
would you like a copy of the instructions that Kandis sent to me when I first got the line eliminator? I'll be happy to copy them and send in a pm.

If your main problem is the lines above the lips and you're using your cream mixed with the LE above he lips you should be fine. You only put the Lgold above the lips if you're not using the LE. I go ahead and put the glaze above the lips but I don't believe you have to do that. Tangirl doesn't mix the two, she puts the LE above the lips.

I hope that helps.
zumlya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
Edit: oops.

I've just received my order. Kandis shipped priority mail. It took 2 days to get here! yay.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
Bluesheart that would be really kind of you - thanks ..I think I am doing everything right but reading over it might help .cheers
PocoLoco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Now the difference with the antiques and your lips is that unless cell proliferation was taking place in your underlying lip tissue layers, all the peeling in the world wouldn't reveal beautiful new lips (some of you have dealt with peeling for a long time - long before you started using the system, and your lips have never improved) This time however, your peeling is totally different because it is a result of the new tissue that is being formed deep within your lip tissue layers and each layer has to go through this. Your natural maximum lip fullness results from every one of your lip tissue layers being nourished, revitalized, hydrated and rejuvenated. To form and grow new underlying lip tissue, the old stuff has to be sloughed off and the only way for our lips to do this is through the peeling process. Now tell me - did you get it???

Okay, I'm not sure I get it. Confused Let's see, you're saying that the peeling of the lip surface is a result of the new tissue being formed deep within the lips. This sounds like how a retinoid works. It works deep in the skin and increases the rate of cell turnover which can result in flakiness at the surface. I understand that analogy. You also say that every layer of the lips must go through this (the peeling). And you say that every layer must be "nourished, revitalized, hydrated and rejuvenated" in order to achieve maximum results. I'm not sure how (or if) this relates to new cell proliferation or to the peeling that you previously said must occur at every level of the lips... Confused Your last statement is "To form and grow new underlying lip tissue, the old stuff has to be sloughed off...." This seems clear at first except it is opposite to your first statement that the peeling of the surface is a result of the new cell proliferation deep within the lips. In other words, the first statement says that the peeling is a result of what's happening inside the lips, and the last statement says that the peeling is a prerequisite of the new cell proliferation within the lips. If I translate this into cause and effect, it seems contradictory--peeling is both a result of and the cause of new cell proliferation? So maybe cause and effect is not a good analogy to use. All I know is that I have a lot of trouble translating non-skincare analogies into an understanding of what's going on with this system. I would love to understand from a scientific perspective what is causing the lips to peel. Can you tell us which chemical and/or which biological process is stimulating the lips to peel? I just find science much easier to understand than analogies, most of the time. For example if you were to tell us that hyaluronic acid is a humectant that draws water into itself, and that when it is placed on dehydrated lips it dries out the surface completely because there is not enough underlying moisture in the lips, and then the surface peels. I would understand that. That's how hyaluronic acid can act in a dry environment.

I'm not trying to be difficult I just really want to understand how this system works and so far I'm not "getting" the explanations.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
Patrod,
would you mind posting your thoughts about Face2Flaunt in the mini review in the products review. It sounds like you're having a good experience with it. I'd love to hear how you're using it. Are you putting it all over your face or on the trouble spots?

kimberly
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:53 am      Reply with quote
PocoLoco wrote:
Quote:

Okay, I'm not sure I get it. Confused Let's see, you're saying that the peeling of the lip surface is a result of the new tissue being formed deep within the lips. This sounds like how a retinoid works. It works deep in the skin and increases the rate of cell turnover which can result in flakiness at the surface. I understand that analogy. You also say that every layer of the lips must go through this (the peeling). And you say that every layer must be "nourished, revitalized, hydrated and rejuvenated" in order to achieve maximum results. I'm not sure how (or if) this relates to new cell proliferation or to the peeling that you previously said must occur at every level of the lips... Confused Your last statement is "To form and grow new underlying lip tissue, the old stuff has to be sloughed off...." This seems clear at first except it is opposite to your first statement that the peeling of the surface is a result of the new cell proliferation deep within the lips. In other words, the first statement says that the peeling is a result of what's happening inside the lips, and the last statement says that the peeling is a prerequisite of the new cell proliferation within the lips. If I translate this into cause and effect, it seems contradictory--peeling is both a result of and the cause of new cell proliferation? So maybe cause and effect is not a good analogy to use. All I know is that I have a lot of trouble translating non-skincare analogies into an understanding of what's going on with this system. I would love to understand from a scientific perspective what is causing the lips to peel. Can you tell us which chemical and/or which biological process is stimulating the lips to peel? I just find science much easier to understand than analogies, most of the time. For example if you were to tell us that hyaluronic acid is a humectant that draws water into itself, and that when it is placed on dehydrated lips it dries out the surface completely because there is not enough underlying moisture in the lips, and then the surface peels. I would understand that. That's how hyaluronic acid can act in a dry environment.

I'm not trying to be difficult I just really want to understand how this system works and so far I'm not "getting" the explanations.

pocoloco,

wow, you're sharp as a needle! after procrastinating bigtime by reading this thread in its entirety, i just don't get it at all... What are the ingredients here? I think that would make it so much easier for us to understand what is going on. I mean, it seems like Kandis has global patent already; why should this prevent her from publishing ingredient lists?
anyways, after looking on the website, it is clear that the system works but I am a bit put off by the photoshopped illusionist photos all the same. the older 'before' photos most certainly have "sharpened edges" which makes wrinkles stand out more, and the after photos are progressively "softened" and in some cares, stretched vertically (if ever so slightly). You can still see that they are the same pair of lips and that they are definitely plumper, but why the need to exaggerate if the system works?
And I just do not see how products applied to the external surface of the lips can rejuvenate them from the inside. I like your theories, Pocoloco--they sound right. Is this just a strong retinoid for the lips, then?
also, if it is revealing such new skin on the lips, I'd be nervous about not being able to put sunscreen on them to protect them.
I don't own a hair dryer, so this is not even an option for me; plus, hydrapulp 3d has really worked for me in the past...

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:20 am      Reply with quote
Thanks PocoLoco, for wording most of my thoughts on this system so elegantly. I also find the analogies confusing and can not understand why this can not be explained much easier by how the ingredients work.

I thought companies were not even allowed to sell products without disclosing their ingredients.

I am sure the system works very well since so many forum members have had good results, but I also keep thinking that this sounds like some form of retinol treatment.
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:10 am      Reply with quote
I'm having the same thoughts about this system. I'm very suspicious of it because I don't feel like a lot of the questions being asked are truly being answered as much as they are being danced around. Calling someone "sweetheart" doesn't make up for not answering their question. If there's a patent and the ratio of ingredients is key, why can't they be disclosed? Also, does anyone else feel that it very convenient for the seller that you can only use the system for a long time (no other products) and that you must re-apply several times an hour so as to go through it very quickly. (You can only use this products and you have to use a lot of it????) I don't believe in before and after photos because I'm married to a photographer, and I know what photoshopping can do. (Just watched him add about six inches to a girl's legs and a full cup size to her breasts.) I'm reserving my judgement until someone on this forum really has some positive results. Doubt Actually, I'm waiting to see what happens for Aries. If it works for her, it works. Meanwhile, I'm using only Carrie's products and lipfusion. I've got better ways to spend $80.00.
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:11 pm      Reply with quote
Tosca wrote:
Also, does anyone else feel that it very convenient for the seller that you can only use the system for a long time (no other products) and that you must re-apply several times an hour so as to go through it very quickly. (You can only use this products and you have to use a lot of it????)

My thoughts exactly - so you end up replacing your wax lip product * spam alert * with a Lips2Kiss * spam alert *, and I know which one is cheaper to keep up...
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
Tosca wrote:
(Just watched him add about six inches to a girl's legs and a full cup size to her breasts.)

OMG ... imagine if you could package THAT and sell it?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
I'm fixated on my lips and keeping them plump and usually jump on the bandwagon when a huge rave review of a product appears. In this case I have held off awaiting B & A pics of EDS members who can prove to me that what appears to be a complicated process, actually works. Until I am convinced it works better than Lipfusion/HA Collagen supplements I will continue to 'wait and see'.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:17 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |