Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lips2kiss Lip System--early RAVE!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:15 am      Reply with quote
Tangal wrote:
She should have a simple basic instruction sheet, sort of like what I just posted.

And then maybe the longer "added notes" for those who want more clarification. Otherwise is it daunting. Smile

Exactly
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:34 am      Reply with quote
I agree! I'd also like to see her note the part about not going by how the product feels but how it looks. I think as she got going the instruction sheets became more complicated in an effort to make sure everyone was following directions.

Tam, I sent Tangal a few swipes of RG and I'd be happy to send to you as well. I consider it a brown/pink. If one of the kids can get a picture for me I'll post something as well.

kimberly
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:13 am      Reply with quote
I just emailed Kandis about this. She said she has also been thinking along the same lines, and currently has some "Streamlined" information in the works, which will appear with her product info, and on her website.
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
Actually, Kandis has the acronym in her product name. KISS - keep it simple stupid
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
Tam, I sent Tangal a few swipes of RG and I'd be happy to send to you as well. I consider it a brown/pink. If one of the kids can get a picture for me I'll post something as well.

kimberly

I would love one! I'll pm you my mailing address. Thanks!!! Very Happy
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
I received my Lips2Kiss system this morning and started the day routine straight away. My lips are peeling terribly already, but they don't feel irritated... Beautiful presentation of the products.
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
Smoothskin wrote:
I received my Lips2Kiss system this morning and started the day routine straight away. My lips are peeling terribly already, but they don't feel irritated... Beautiful presentation of the products.

I am in total awe that you are peeling on the first day. I am ending my 3rd week and no peeling yet.
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:37 pm      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:
Smoothskin wrote:

I am in total awe that you are peeling on the first day. I am ending my 3rd week and no peeling yet.

Well, my lips were in quite bad condition to start with and it just seemed like dryness turned into flakes of dry skin during the day. Now that I have done the evening routine, my lips are so smooth, comfortable and healthy looking. I wonder if tomorrow will bring more peeling...
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:
Actually, Kandis has the acronym in her product name. KISS - keep it simple stupid

I always thought it was "keep it simple SWEETIE"?!?!?!?
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
MermaidGirl wrote:
Frodo wrote:

I always thought it was "keep it simple SWEETIE"?!?!?!?

Actually I did a google to make sure I had it right. BTW, I like your definition better.
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:
Smoothskin wrote:

I am on my 4th day and I've been peeling for 3 days!? I guess my lips were very dry to start with, so I am not surprised there is all this dry skin that needs to come off Smile.

R. Smile

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
zumlya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:59 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the great reviews ladies!

I have just reached week 2 on the L2K system. My lips feel great! My cuticles never looked better! Ha. Anyways... well, I haven't really gotten my top lip to peel. I'm very sad about that. I have been trying to apply every 20 mins (failing more than succeeding) for the past day or so, so maybe this will help. On the other hand... My bottom lip has peeled everyday almost.

I'm one of those people who would apply lipsick in the morning, retouch at lunch, and forget about it for the rest of the day unless I go out at night. Maybe some lip balm in between. I was addicted to Blistex in HS. And torchered myself with that covergirl long wearing lipstick in the early 90's -- made my lips peel like crazy, but I didn't care it lasted for ever (yuck! I look at pictures it was so horrid looking.)

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:38 am      Reply with quote
Kandis mentioned to me that it is not uncommon for one to go 30 days or so before any peeling. So don't worry if you feel you are not peeling at an effective rate.

I have been on the system three weeks, and have only had very minor peeling on two occassions, only on the inside of my lower lip. But my lips are improving and able to hold moisture better, and "I think" they may be looking a bit more rounded and lush. Smile

Today they really look terrific. Smile
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:10 am      Reply with quote
Tangal,
Don't you think the info in your post above should appear in the literature? Probably would help answer some questions.

kimberly
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
Tangal wrote:
Kandis mentioned to me that it is not uncommon for one to go 30 days or so before any peeling. So don't worry if you feel you are not peeling at an effective rate.

I have been on the system three weeks, and have only had very minor peeling on two occassions, only on the inside of my lower lip. But my lips are improving and able to hold moisture better, and "I think" they may be looking a bit more rounded and lush. Smile

Today they really look terrific. Smile

This gives me hope as I haven't had anything so far to get me really excited about this product. I'm ending my 3rd week and have enough product for probably 10 days. I Haven't made up my mind whether to continue with this. My lip color is maybe, and I say maybe a little more pinkish. Since I have very small thin lips I don't expect them to get much bigger, just would like to eliminate the wrinkles. I have never been able to keep lipstick on because of them being small. Off topic: Does anyone know if there is a lip dye/stain for people with small lips? If so please direct me to the topic as I can't find anything.
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
Yes Blue I agree. Wink

Frodo- Do you mean the brush on temp lip stains like Benetint? (I think By Benifit Cosmetics? Other companys make some also, I have one by Vincent Longo) You can use them on thin or thick lips.

I don't like them, because every color I have tryed is always to "cool" toned for me. (even the ones that look warm in the pics) But others love them.

Heres some.

http://www.sephora.com/search/search_results.jhtml;jsessionid=I2Z3THJONMBOZLAUCJBRXCQ?command=text&attr1=lip+stains&attr2=&%2Fcom%2Flvmh%2Fcommerce%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch%2Fiphrase%2Fproxy%2FIPhraseSearchFormHandler.search=search&_D%3A%2Fcom%2Flvmh%2Fcommerce%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch%2Fiphrase%2Fproxy%2FIPhraseSearchFormHandler.search=+&searchString=lip+stains&_DARGS=%2Fincludes%2FsearchFinder.jhtml
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
Blue I am also creating an FAQ page, and I am going to run that by Kandis. Maybe she will be interested in it also. It will cover many of the questions asked on this thread, with simple easy answers. Smile (incluiding the one you brought up)
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Tangal, I will check these out. One of my "hopefuls" is to find a way to have a little color that will stay on, short of having a tattoo. OMG, gives me the hebie gebies (sp) just thinking about it.
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
The Benetint Lip stain, and V Longo Lip and Cheek stan do hold up well. Wink
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using the system since yesterday and I can't remember the last time my constantly sore, dry lips felt so comfortable. I am peeling, so my lips don't look good, but they feel great as soon as I apply the products. I think I will get obsessed with it though, I keep thinking I should not drink since I have just applied the products. Fingers crossed this will solve my problem.
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:07 am      Reply with quote
I love my Vincent Longo stains ... but haven't used them since I started this system.

I think I'm probably lagging because I've never been a huge lip products person. I buy a ton of stuff, just don't reapply. I really can't seem to remember to reapply more than once every 2 hours.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:49 am      Reply with quote
I've been alternating the LC/NG and the LG/NG for several weeks. Have any of you found which combo works best for you? I seem to respond best to the LC/NG.

Pat? I wondered how you've been doing using the F2F all over your face? I'm still just spot treating but I'm intrigued.

kimberly
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:00 am      Reply with quote
Definitely LG/NG feels more moisturizing to me, but when I know I won't be able to reapply, it's easiest to do LC/NG - then it's sort of barrier feel too.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:29 am      Reply with quote
I find my NG did not last me 30 days....So apparantly I apply it to liberally. Other products are lasting a month though. I have lots of NC left, almost out of LG, completly out of NG. I am at 26 days right now.

Also the whole 1/3 application option makes me go through the NG faster I thing.

I have tryed to do like you do Blue, I don't really notice a difference for me with either option. (as far as lip benifits)

But I do like it better when I do One coat of NC, then one coat of NG, or one coat of LG then one coat of NG. That 1-3 application deal does not work for me. To hard to remember if I'm on NG application 2 or 3. Smile

I think I like the slick feel better with the LG/NG more then the cream/ng.

When I actually see the ingrediants, (supposed to get that this next week) I can see what each product is supposed to do, that will help me better judge which I feel will benifit me more on a given day.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:44 am      Reply with quote
I started thinking after we discussed this and I think the first 5 weeks I was 'close' to what K recommended and then went to the alternating LG/LG and started to conserve waiting for the glosses. I've got my new set now and I'm going to try LC/NG as close as I can to 20-30 minutes every hour and see what happens. I made great early progress and I was primarily doing the LC/NG then.

Kimberly
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:08 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |