Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lips2kiss Lip System--early RAVE!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:12 am      Reply with quote
beautybee - I purchased the Lip Spa Kit (the main one with the exfoliator, lip cream, liquid gold and night glaze. I also called Kandis because she has a few sample colors, but depends on the color match.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
beautybee - I believe all of us trying the system bought the full kit. I think it would be pointless to just try one or two of the products without completing the system first.

No one else has updates? Scalawag???

I'm still feeling pretty chapped/dry/flaky today. I can't wait to get my colored gloss so that I can stop wearing the waxy kind and really give this the full go.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:53 pm      Reply with quote
Tamgirl,
Did Kandis say you'd get results using her lip color while beginning the system? I was under the impression that doing so was counterproductive. Perhaps I read the info incorrectly.

Always curious.

kimberly
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
Kandis.
I got my set today in UK. Beautiful packaging.

Thanks for saying about the constant reapplication, not sure if I missed that in with the instructions but now I know I will do that.

I did order a colour, when can I start using it. TIA.

I have also taken before photos although my lips currently are pencil thin. I have great hopes.

Lori

5% products discount

Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
Lori honey, wait for at least 2 weeks before you try the color. If it feels at all dry, then your lips need more moisture in them. If they are pencil thin, they have also endured prolonged tissue hydration deprivation. Look at one of your baby pictures and notice your lips. I bet they were full and beautiful. It's only because of what you've done to them that they are thin. We'll get them back to your own "Natural Maximum Fullness", which is different for every single person. Just follow my instructions & don't cheat and wear anything else on your lips!!!!!!! When you do that, my products cannot get through whatever you've put on and you are once again throwing them into the cycle of tissue hydration deprivation.

So try your lips 2 kiss color in 2 weeks. If your lips need more time with the system, let them have it. When you DO wear the color Lori, be certain to read my instructions, apply it with a very light hand and put your glaze for color (tube with gold handle) over your color as often as you would put the system's products on. Remember, you won't always have to give your lips this much moisture, but they're making up for lost time - alot of it!

KANDIS
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:03 am      Reply with quote
Wow! Thank you for popping in on the forum, Kandis, and explaining things to us the way you do - great analogies, very easy to visualize the points you are trying to make!

Girls, I do believe Kandis could sell ice to Eskimos! AND make them happier than they've ever been now that they have "Kandis ice" (its so much better than that regular old ice, you know!). I mean that in the best way imaginable ... I am totally sold, thrilled with the idea of using this stuff and canNOT wait to get her product! Very Happy
Cyberia
5% products discount

Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:40 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
It's only because of what you've done to them that they are thin.

Kandis, I really like the idea an concept of your system, and I truly think you have developed a system that works because of the lack of wax.

I just don fully agree witj the idea that having used wax on your lips can be the sole blame for 'flat' lips or the way the look. Yes, it is a fact that baby skin is more plumped, but it also a fact that the skin looses it's natural plumbness as we age. Pollution, genetics, diet, sleep/smokinking/drinking habbits, level of physical activity and mental health all have an influence of how we age, and the general condition of our skin - including our lips.

I have no doubts about the effectivenes of your products, but I don't personally see how waxes can the main contributer, either.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:11 am      Reply with quote
TAMgirl99 wrote:
beautybee - I believe all of us trying the system bought the full kit. I think it would be pointless to just try one or two of the products without completing the system first.

No one else has updates? Scalawag???

I'm still feeling pretty chapped/dry/flaky today. I can't wait to get my colored gloss so that I can stop wearing the waxy kind and really give this the full go.

Helloooo everybody! I've been on the road so off the boards for awhile. However, I have been using the system religiously and that includes regularly reapplying all throughout the day until I go to bed. My lips still get dry when I don't have the cream/glaze on and yesterday, I cheated - only a little - when I wore a natural gloss I have. Thing is, my lips dried out big time so are obviously in need of major hydration. I'm going to contact Kandis for some color options.

I still get peeling and when this happens, I use the exfoliant (at night) followed by the Liquid Gold. My lips are definitely filling out more with the system so I know it's working.

Cyberia, I do understand that wax can be a contributing factor - it creates build up and blocks moisture. Once you try out the system, you'll see what she means. It is apparent very quickly how different lips look with moisture added.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:57 am      Reply with quote
I'm so glad you posted Scallawaggirl. I've been curious about hollywood too.

I wasn't one who had a lot of chapped lip issues but I can really see a difference in how my lips feel now. Something else thats exciting me is the color of my lips underneath what is peeling. It's a much more rosier color than before. Healthier and jucier for lack of a better word.

kimberly
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:00 am      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
I'm so glad you posted Scallawaggirl. I've been curious about hollywood too.

I wasn't one who had a lot of chapped lip issues but I can really see a difference in how my lips feel now. Something else thats exciting me is the color of my lips underneath what is peeling. It's a much more rosier color than before. Healthier and jucier for lack of a better word.

kimberly

Glad to hear from you, too, Kimberly. You're exactly right about the "healthier and juicier" point! That's is precisely my experience, as well. I'm still periodically using my Luscious Lips plumper - figure it can't hurt and might even work better given my more moisturized lips!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:29 am      Reply with quote
Hi fellow luscious lippers,
Hollywood here! I've been using Kandis' very helpful advice and I think that I finally figured out that I haven't been applying enough product during the day. I think the name "liquid gold" made be think that I could only apply a few precious drops! Even though, I haven't experienced any peeling yet, I do love the way my lips have been looking and I've definitely seen more definition on the upper lip line and a fuller upper lip. Kandis has been sooooo patient and sweet with me...and my "refuse to peel" lips! So...I'm now making a concerted effort to use more product (liquid gold and lip glaze) during the day. So, I will report back after my regime of repeated applications and I'm very eager to hear about Kandis' new colors. Thanks so much for keeping me posted on all your progress, too!
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:08 am      Reply with quote
I've been PMing Scalawag since I'm sending her the "Walk of Fame" color but wanted to post some of my discussion with her here. My lips have gotten REALLY parched/peely this week and when I questioned Kandis I found out why. Even though I'm using her system religously at night and in the am with applications during the day, that little bit of lipstick (for color) that I put on after a morning round of NC/NG creates a barrier and won't let my lips receive any more of her products until I remove it completely. So, basically my lips have been starving all day since I don't take off the color until I get home. I just wanted to let everyone know that I now truly believe that you can't cheat with this as my lips just screamed this to me, and maybe it will save some of you from getting too chapped as well. Good luck everyone and keep posting! Very Happy
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:13 am      Reply with quote
I'm glad I was following the instructions to the letter then. I told my clients I was going to look like heck for a few weeks and they're all watching and waiting. I'm the tester. LOL.I'm a personal trainer so it doesn't really matter to them if I'm wearing lip color or not. I actually don't miss it all.

kimberly
KANDIS
5% products discount

Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Cyberia,

In response to your post regarding wax (which would include all wax derivatives and or anything which coated your lip surface to 1: inhibit your natural sebum from producing 2: prevented anything from absorbing through the coating you put on your lip surface)

Cyberia, if you can, find a woman in her 50s and older preferably, who has NEVER applied any product to her lips. This will be quite a challenge. If you find such a specimen, you will be surprised at what you see. There have only been 2 people which have fit this description: My own grandmother who remained here with us until the age of 95, and a young woman in her 30s with whom I conversed on Bart, on my way to the Gwen Stefani concert Very Happy

Both their lips were gorgeous - my 95 year old grandmother's were full, line free, rosy, supple and soft, and with absolutely no hint of lines or wrinkles above them.,

The young lady on Bart, would put A. Jolie's lips to shame. They were as full as Jolie's but line free, very rosy, even looked supple. I complimented this young lady saying; You have absolutely gorgeous lips. You have never put anything on them, have you?

Her response - (thank you of course) No - I haven't - not ever. How did you know?

KANDIS
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
Wow Kandis! That's so interesting. I'll have to keep an eye out for someone with those kind of lips, but you're right about that being hard to find. So if your Grandmother never used anything on her lips, I assume she was your inspiration with your products? When did you first realize this and stop using traditional lip products, or are you one that never used anything either? I'm curious to hear how this system has worked for you since you have obviously been using it the longest. Very Happy
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
Does this theory hold for men's lips? I'm not really aware if men's lips thin as they age or not... Wink

How unobservant of me!

One would think that they would have better lips than us, because of the lack of lipstick wearing!
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah, but a lot of men, including my bf, wear chapstick so I would assume they are at risk too. Confused
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
Good point TamGirl.

Also spf lip cover, of course.
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using this for almost one week. Friday afternoon my lips started peeling on the inner lip area. I started rubbing the little pieces off until I remembered I should be exfoliating. I exfoliated that night and my lips actually felt a little sore.

Saturday morning I woke up to huge lips. Well, not Angelina huge, but definitely swollen. I could FEEL they were swollen. I was so excited because I thought ... this is it - my new lips are here.

Sadly, the swelling went down during the day and my lips felt dry again. I exfoliated 2x/day Saturday AND Sunday to try and get the dry stuff off but this morning it still feels dry.

The size of my lips are also back to normal. So, a little excitement but it looks like it will take much longer.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
Rjez - That's great that you've started peeling, but I would caution you on over exfoliating. I think you should stick to no more than 1x each day (evening). I too have had this problem although I'm VERY happy to say that my lips are starting to now get under control with the peeling. When I start to get little peelies during the day, I just add more of the LG. I know this doesn't eliminate them, but it does a great job of masking them and since Kandis wants us to be applying the products so much to keep them moist, I think this is what she would recommend as well. Eventually the little peelies will come off without causing damage to your lips.

Okay so here is my 1.5 week update. As I mentioned, I was having HORRIBLE peeling/dryness the first week which I attribute to the use of my Maybelline lipstick on top during the days for a bit of color. Well, I received the Napa Wine color on Saturday morning and it is absolutely gorgeous. It's a very dark berry/wine with a purple tone and very similar to my former HG lipgloss which was discontinued Crying or Very sad .

While the color is beautiful, I found that applying it per her instructions leaves it too dark for daytime use, at least against my casper white skin. So, I played with it for hours that morning and finally came up with a way I can use it for just a hint of color. I haven't run my trick by Kandis, but I figure as long as I'm using only her products, it should be okay. Kandis can correct me if I'm wrong here...

The color is supposed to be applied on top of dry, bare lips and then after it dries, you use the glaze on top. For anyone who has used one of those "all day" type gloss duos, this is extremely similar although I'm sure MUCH better for your lips since it's designed to work with this system. Well, those type products always go on too dark and a bit uneven on me, especially now that my lips are peeling here and there. So, when I get ready to add some color to my lips, I clean them off and apply a layer of the NC. Then I take a q-tip and dab a bit more of the NC on the end and then swab the color on the same end with it. I then rub both onto my lips in small circles to blend the two products together and walla...my lips have a nice tint of color. You can obviously change the ratio to get more or less color as well. I also find that this lasts quite a while, since her lip color is meant to stain the lips. Adding the cream just allows my color to absorb evenly and softly.

Okay back to my lips' progress. Now that I've added Kandis' color into the mix and eliminated all other products, my lips are healing wonderfully. They are no longer extremely dry and chapped as before. I just have a little bit of peelies, primarily on the inner part like Rjez, but they are usually all gone after my nightly exfoliation. I was showing the system to my bf Saturday night and Sunday while we were eating lunch he says out of the blue "Your lips look bigger today"! Laughing Now, who knows if they really were since it's only been 1.5 weeks, but I definitely notice they are VERY plump in the mornings as well. I can't wait to see how they look at the one month mark! Very Happy

So, for all of you still going through peelies I would say to just hang in there and keep applying your LG to keep them moist. They'll soon go away and you'll be back to plump, moist lips! Very Happy
KANDIS
5% products discount

Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
Rjez, the way your lips look in the mornings, that is a slight indication of how they will be. Your lips will reach their Natural Maximum Fullness, whatever that is; it is different for everyone. After your night treatment you go to bed. You are in a controlled environment for several hours, you are not moving about, and your metabolism slows down. All that changes when you awaken and get up.

You've only been using the system for 1 week. I don't know your age, but even if you are in your early twenties and you've used products that have coated your lip surface, your lip tissues need revitalizing. From my years of researching, developing and testing, I have yet to see lips that have been revitalized/ rejuvenated in less than 2 months. (A 19 year old rejuvenated her lips in 1 month and 3 weeks). The average is 3 months. For women with pronounced wrinkles above their lips, it averages 4 months, but I've seen it take 5.

So hang in there sweetheart and keep giving your lips lots of your system's products. Look for a difference after 30 days, and after 60 days, the difference will be looking at you in the mirror.

KANDIS
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
TAMgirl99 wrote:
The color is supposed to be applied on top of dry, bare lips and then after it dries, you use the glaze on top.

TAMgirl - Are you talking about the Night Glaze? I thought you are NOT supposed to use that over the lip color?

Kandis
- thanks for the feedback. Do you think exfoliating 2x a day is too much?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
I am getting more intrigued and interested by the day! Methinks I shall have to try this, especially now that my lip pump has broken!! Crying or Very sad While I was able to super-glue it back together, now I get no suction at all.

This might just be a great Christmas present to myself!! Very Happy

American Indian/Irish/African descent, bleach-blonde hair with lowlights, tanned skin, greenish-brown eyes, strong facial features and drastically-improved lips! 28, but people tell me that I look seventeen-ish.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
Red, I'd recommend it since you're a lip plumper like me. Smile Mine are getting into better and better shape and also showing some plumping without the pump. Seems when I use the Luscious Lips, the plump stays for awhile. I haven't been doing much testing but will start to use the LL a bit more to see how it is affected by the Lip2Kiss system.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:23 am      Reply with quote
Red Devil wrote:
... especially now that my lip pump has broken!! Crying or Very sad While I was able to super-glue it back together, now I get no suction at all. ...

So THAT'S what that wailing and crying I heard the other night was! Laughing
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:10 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |