Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lips2kiss Lip System--early RAVE!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:39 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried the frosted shade, Pacific Pearl in the lip color system? I am curious to know if it looks similar to a pink shade in a frosted lipstick. I am really missing wearing my frosted lipsticks when I go out!! Many thanks!
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:40 am      Reply with quote
Zumlya - thats exactly how I "peel" just a little bit along inside bottom lip edge, just inside the mouth, with a tiny spot now and then on upper lips.

I peel for maybe a day, Then it stops. I get this probably once a week.

I do hope you "are" still exfoliating lips though. I think that is neccessary, just as it is with skincare. The Exfoliation step helps enhance penitration of other treatment products, by removing the dead skin layer that can hamper penitration.

My exfoliation cream lasts a long time. I have had it for two months now, and its still half full or so. I was exfoliating once a day. Just started doing twice a day last week.

I go through Night Glaze in 3 to 3.5 weeks. I apply liberally.

Other products, 6 weeks. I apply liberally through the day. (NC,LG,NG,NG.NG.)

I don't use the colored gloss regularly, Just a few days a week. Then I just apply it through the day. (I only received it last week)
zumlya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:51 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, Tangal and BluesHeart

I do exfoliate, but most of the time I use my EII. The smell (of L2K exfol) sometimes gets to me, but it fades fast. I'm about to run out of EII, I wonder if I can exfol my face with the L2K stuff?! heh

I have the Pacific Pearl and the Napa Wine colors. Alone, you can barely see the PP (well, my lips have no color really) It has a sheer nude shade with sparkles or reflective pieces in it. Makes it look more glossy with the glaze, but not frosty or pink. The NW is a perfect shade for people with no lip color that want a tiny bit, it looks natural if you work with it. Or, for layering makes a great color for an evening out. IMO Hope that helps!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:45 am      Reply with quote
Thanks so much Zumlya for the input. I guess I am just going to have to wait until Kandis offers new colors. I am just getting a litle impatient. But I've only been in lipstick boot camp for 3 1/2 weeks!
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
Okay,

It's been about a month since I bought the sytem, but only really been using it correctly for about 2 weeks. I took before pics and took these pics this morning. Wow I can't even believe it, the pics speak for themselves and I'm thrilled!!! I love both of her lipglosses too, adore the color and it's so sheer and yum yum. I don't have her lip glosses on in any of these pics though. I actually have color back to my lips...yay!

2 before pics: you can see how dry and peeling they are, these weren't even at their worst conditions either

And after Very Happy (taken this morning)

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
Wow your lips do look better, I agree. Very nice. Subtle, but they do look softer, a bit plumper and more even in color. I love the way the bottom lip coloration has filled out more/deepened to the lip edge.

After 30 days of "correct" use I bet they will even be nicer. Very Happy

I am glad to see your lips seem to be less stressed, and feeling better.
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
Now if I was this diligent from the get go can you imagine the results!
Been on the routine like I should be for only 2 weeks in so another 2 weeks I'd have angelina jolie lips Laughing, I can't wait! I'll post pics up with the glosses Sexy Mama and Drama Queen. All the girls lips look fabulous!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
please do, it helps to see the glosses on different colored lips.
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
I wish I took before and after photos. I haven't been religious with following the system but my lips do look and feel a lot better.

Tangal, your bottom lip has certainly plumped up quite a bit!

Everyone's lips look like they have gotten more color naturally to them since using the Lips2Kiss system.

My favorite step is the exfoliation Wink My natural lip color is returning (I used to get comments as a kid asking if I had lip stick on when I didn't) and the lip line is more well-defined.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
Excellent, Aries! You can really see how the L2K plumped up your lips and the color is looking really nice!

Can't wait to see how the glosses look on you, as well. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
Emma2006 wrote:
Your naked lips are fabulous Scalawaggirl.

Thanks, Emma! I'm loving the results I'm getting with the system.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Luna. Plumping and color are what I am looking for at this point. Smile

I do feel lips are healthier, or at least feel better, even when I go all night without useing any product. Thats nice for me, as before I was wakeing with dry uncomfortable lips.

I am really thrilled with Aris progress though. I know her lips were really dry and uncomfortable.

I am hoping the moisterized effects sticks with her for the long-term. Nothing worse then dry peely painful lips all the time.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
Wow Aries! Those are some beautiful lips. I'm so glad for you. I remember reading some of your posts about how dry your lips were and I'd think "ouch" to myself. They look absolutely wonderful!

This is so fun to see all your pictures and progress.

kimberly
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:36 am      Reply with quote
I did say that I wasn't going to post on this thread again but seeing some of the before & after pics I have to say that despite my reservations the system does seem to be delivering results!

Right now this is where my lemming tendancies overcome my brain.............Soooooo despite all my previous queries and sceptism (sp?)and being sensitive to the fact that I was questioning a system I hadn't used. I caved Embarassed and ordered the system (well I did have some Birthday money to spend!)plus both glosses. I got it yesterday, so went through the night routine for the first time yesterday and will use the glosses through the day as this works best for me until I get home at night.

Now ladies I have a question - how do you get such good pics of your lips? Everytime I've tried the flash has washed the pic out or its out of focus (digital camera used with auto focus). Have you all got superduper cameras or do you take full face shots and crop the piccie?? Confused

Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:26 am      Reply with quote
Congratulations on ordering Lucia! You won't regret it! I have had constantly dry, peeling and sore lips all winter and nothing has belped me before I tried Lips2Kiss. In fact it is probably the best product I have ever used in terms of living up to its' promises. Now, I just wish Kandis would make skin care for the rest of the face so it can catch up with my youthful looking lips. I have the Face2Flaunt, but use it only topically. I'd love to have a whole skin care regime from this brand...
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:26 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Smoothskin! Very Happy

An eye product would be brilliant. But eye and lip treatments are my weakness LOL!)

Kandis was kind enough to include a sample of the F2F but I've not tried it yet - I don't have uper lip lines - can I use it elsewhere on my face? (I'm thinking yes going by the instructions but to be honest only really concentrated on the lip system instructions yesterday). Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:24 am      Reply with quote
Face to Flaunt can be used on CrowsFeet, lines on side of mouth, forehead lines, and neck lines.
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:29 am      Reply with quote
Lucia,
I stand in front of a mirror, with lots of overhead lights (my bathroom). Turn camera so I can see the display image window in the mirror so I can center image better. Take picture of face only. (Forehead to chin fills frame)

I have also taken them without the mirror guide, which also works just a bit trickier to get the lips in the shot sometimes. LOL

Not to close to face, or you get lots of flash wash out. I take about 8 pictures for every useable two. Wink I stretch arms out “almost” full length from my face.

I then crop just the lips.

I have a super cheap $150 dollar Walmart Special.

Congrats Lucia, I hope it does work for you. Please let us know EITHER way. Smile And remember be patient, most people don't see dramatic results in 30 days - so do take pictures!!!

And nothing wrong with skepticisium, I am a skepticial person also. Smile Its okay.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:00 am      Reply with quote
Lucia wrote:
I did say that I wasn't going to post on this thread again but seeing some of the before & after pics I have to say that despite my reservations the system does seem to be delivering results!

Right now this is where my lemming tendancies overcome my brain.............Soooooo despite all my previous queries and sceptism (sp?)and being sensitive to the fact that I was questioning a system I hadn't used. I caved Embarassed and ordered the system (well I did have some Birthday money to spend!)plus both glosses. I got it yesterday, so went through the night routine for the first time yesterday and will use the glosses through the day as this works best for me until I get home at night.

Now ladies I have a question - how do you get such good pics of your lips? Everytime I've tried the flash has washed the pic out or its out of focus (digital camera used with auto focus). Have you all got superduper cameras or do you take full face shots and crop the piccie?? Confused

Wink

That's great, Lucia. You will not be disappointed, I think. Just remember to give it the full time (atleast a 5-month shot is what I told myself before starting but, of course, I've seen significant results already).

For pictures, I do a similar practice to Tangal - hold the camera at arm's length but I also recommend using the macro setting (it looks like a flower). This will help get clearer shots. Also, set your menu to take larger than normal pics at a fine setting. You will then crop them down to show the lips (or whatever else you're comparing). I've done this so much now, I don't even use a mirror but as Tangal said, I might get two shots out of eight that are worthwhile. That's the superb thing about digitial - DELETE! Can't wait to see your's and definitely let us know how it's going.

Oh, and one thing, since you will be wearing gloss during the day, it might take a bit longer to see big results - just want you to keep that in mind. I wore virtually nothing else except the lip cream, night glaze and hydrator for the first two months.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:20 am      Reply with quote
Re - piccies - Thanks ladies - will try to take some pics tonight and see if I can get it sorted!! Laughing

Tangal - thanks I think I will try it out on some fine lines I get under my eyes (if my skin is dehydrated).

Scalawaggirl - Thanks for the tip with the gloss, I don't mind if it takes a bit longer, I'd rather that than no colour as I am SO pale! To give you an idea the Sexy Mama gloss looks quite dramatic on me Shock but is lovely as its so sheer and not a 'flat' colour.
I have promised that I will follow the instructions to the letter and I knew I'd find that hard using more than one product through the day (in the office but later when I'm outside with my horses especially, its easier to keep one product in my pocket - gonna look funny riding along the lane applying gloss though LOL! Laughing )

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:25 am      Reply with quote
Lucia wrote:
Re - piccies - Thanks ladies - will try to take some pics tonight and see if I can get it sorted!! Laughing

Tangal - thanks I think I will try it out on some fine lines I get under my eyes (if my skin is dehydrated).

Scalawaggirl - Thanks for the tip with the gloss, I don't mind if it takes a bit longer, I'd rather that than no colour as I am SO pale! To give you an idea the Sexy Mama gloss looks quite dramatic on me Shock but is lovely as its so sheer and not a 'flat' colour.
I have promised that I will follow the instructions to the letter and I knew I'd find that hard using more than one product through the day (in the office but later when I'm outside with my horses especially, its easier to keep one product in my pocket - gonna look funny riding along the lane applying gloss though LOL! Laughing )

The Sexy Mama IS great, I agree! I wore it both days when I was traveling this week - very natural but pretty color. You will be cute applying your gloss, I do/did it all of the time at a convention recently - just say you're applying because your lips are so dry (actually true) and people will not even question it! Well, that or they'll think your the most vain girl ever. Laughing

Oh, and the glosses do contain hydrating ingredients so they will help but not as much as the other ones (I do the pocket trick, too, BTW).

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:31 am      Reply with quote
Been religiously applying gloss all day in the office - noone seems to have noticed or if they have they've just assumed one of the two reasons you gave (dry lips/vanity LOL!).

Off to brave the outside world now - we have snow and (slightly)sub zero temps here - and we British are NOT used to it - the country generally comes to almost a standstill and the roads are chaos! Rolling Eyes Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:37 am      Reply with quote
Lucia,

Another thing with the pics, turn the flash off. I stand in front of a mirrior and use that as a guideline and zoom in on only my lips and let it focus. Great tips by scalawaggirl though with the macro settings and such.

Sexy mama on me looks so natural, it doesn't even look like I'm wearing anything, just slightly enhances my natural lip color and adds some shine.

20% products discount
free skin care

Lucia wrote:
Been religiously applying gloss all day in the office - noone seems to have noticed or if they have they've just assumed one of the two reasons you gave (dry lips/vanity LOL!).

Off to brave the outside world now - we have snow and (slightly)sub zero temps here - and we British are NOT used to it - the country generally comes to almost a standstill and the roads are chaos! Rolling Eyes Laughing

Smile I sure know that, Lucia! I spoke with my best buddy, Matt, yesterday (Brummie) and he was chattering from the temps. Laughing It's been cold here, too, on the east coast in the states so I feel your pain - well, no I don't - I'm numb!

20% products discount
free skin care

Lucia,

Another thing with the pics, turn the flash off. I stand in front of a mirrior and use that as a guideline and zoom in on only my lips and let it focus. Great tips by scalawaggirl though with the macro settings and such.

Sexy mama on me looks so natural, it doesn't even look like I'm wearing anything, just slightly enhances my natural lip color and adds some shine.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:55 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |