Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Big RAVE: Nuface!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
DiPhx
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks to all of you for posting your results
after a short time. Am thinking with all these
devices, it may take some time. They say for creams/lotions to take effect, it's 3 - 6 months so if we want to retrain our muscles,
that will take some time as well. AM just
trying to find the the most effective device -
nuface, dermaltone, or Suzanne Sommers devices.
Hang in there with the nuface as nothing happens overnight (I am in my 50's).
Thx Di

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:13 am      Reply with quote
I got the Nuface on Friday, so I have used it a total of 3 times but wanted to share my results.

I have NL folds and the little dents at the corner of my mouth and I have been trying to avoid getting fillers but instead focusing on building collagen.

After each application, these areas are definitely improved. The NL folds look significantly improved. Last night I rolled over on my face while asleep, and this morning I really looked a mess - deep folds.

After using the Nuface, on just one side, I asked my husband if he could see a difference - and he pointed to the side I used it on and said it didn't have the deep wrinkle.

It seems to last 8 - 10 hours. I will let you know if it is cummultive and if the results continue to improve with time.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:28 am      Reply with quote
Excellent to hear that, swissmiss. I've been keeping up with this thread to hear if anyone else had results as good as Scally's, and was beginning to wonder wether to buy this or not..

Looking forward to hearing more from you. And... congratulations on lessening those lines!
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:54 am      Reply with quote
Yes, I look foward to hearing more too - this is still on my wish-list so far!
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
Note: do not use the black travel bag that comes with the Nuface.

I went away and took my Nuface. The black from the bag transferred to the white plastic of the Nuface! Yucka. Don't know that it will come off Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
lunarmm wrote:
Note: do not use the black travel bag that comes with the Nuface.

I went away and took my Nuface. The black from the bag transferred to the white plastic of the Nuface! Yucka. Don't know that it will come off Sad

I wonder how that happened. I keep mine in the bag when not in use and mine is OK. Did yours get wet?
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
My sister in law purchased the NuFace mid December. She is not a member of EDS. She heard about it from a friend. Like me she is a skin care junkie. Kathy is in her early fifties. Her skin is clear and quite lovely. That peaches and cream coloring. Her main concern was lack of elasticity. She has been following the NuFace directions perfectly and has not seen any results. Needless to say she is very disappointed. She is sending it to me to try. I am really quite excited to try the NuFace. If it does well by me she will sell it to me for very little rather then let it sit in a draw. Actually, I hope I like it for her sake. Now I need to go back and read all your suggestions on usage. I will let you know how my skin responds to it.
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:
My sister in law purchased the NuFace mid December. She is not a member of EDS. She heard about it from a friend. Like me she is a skin care junkie. Kathy is in her early fifties. Her skin is clear and quite lovely. That peaches and cream coloring. Her main concern was lack of elasticity. She has been following the NuFace directions perfectly and has not seen any results. Needless to say she is very disappointed. She is sending it to me to try. I am really quite excited to try the NuFace. If it does well by me she will sell it to me for very little rather then let it sit in a draw. Actually, I hope I like it for her sake. Now I need to go back and read all your suggestions on usage. I will let you know how my skin responds to it.

I hope this works for you. I haven't seen any results yet but I'm not quite ready to throw in the towel. I will give it another month.
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
swissmiss wrote:
I got the Nuface on Friday, so I have used it a total of 3 times but wanted to share my results.
After each application, these areas are definitely improved.
It seems to last 8 - 10 hours. I will let you know if it is cummultive and if the results continue to improve with time.

Hi Swissmiss,
Congrats on good results with NuFace . Please let us know if this thing does anything for brow/eye-lift.
Thanks. R, Smile

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
ceebee

Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
Dr. Perricone talks about using an electric muscle stimulator (EMS) to tone up sagging face muscles in his new book, Dr. Perricone's 7 Secrets to Beauty, Health and Longevity. He bought an (unnamed)device from a TV infomercial. He saw some results in his patients from the device. He then designed his own time saving device that enabled both sides of the face to be treated simultaneously.

He then had the patients using either a DMAE/ALA serum or DMAE/ester c serum twice a day. The serum was put on the face after the EMS treatment and the patients used the EMS 5-6 times per week. The patients got a much, much better result and the results exceeded his expectations. He concluded there was a synergy between the EMS and the DMAE serum.

So, maybe that's part of the reason why our results are varying with the nuface?

I've used mine about 12 times and so far have not gotten any results, but I haven't been using any serums. Anyone else?
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
ceebee wrote:
Dr. Perricone talks about using an electric muscle stimulator (EMS) to tone up sagging face muscles in his new book, Dr. Perricone's 7 Secrets to Beauty, Health and Longevity. He bought an (unnamed)device from a TV infomercial. He saw some results in his patients from the device. He then designed his own time saving device that enabled both sides of the face to be treated simultaneously.

He then had the patients using either a DMAE/ALA serum or DMAE/ester c serum twice a day. The serum was put on the face after the EMS treatment and the patients used the EMS 5-6 times per week. The patients got a much, much better result and the results exceeded his expectations. He concluded there was a synergy between the EMS and the DMAE serum.

So, maybe that's part of the reason why our results are varying with the nuface?

I've used mine about 12 times and so far have not gotten any results, but I haven't been using any serums. Anyone else?

Well, that would make sense to me. I've been using DMAE for about 6 months.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
ceebee wrote:

I have been using DMAE AM/PM and have not seen any results but I haven't given up yet.

I wonder if this is the EMS unit he used. They do infomercials.

http://www.ledtechnologies.org/info/products.aspx
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
I did a search for Perricone & it came up with sponsored link recommended by NV Perricone holdbacktime.com which is the Tua Viso.

I looked at his site & he has a neuropeptide facial conformer serum & it is $570. I nearly died from shock. Shock

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:46 am      Reply with quote
His products are very expensive Lori - if you think the US$ price is a lot, wait till you see what they retail for at SpaceNK over here! I tries his alpha-lipoic acid stuff a few years ago and it didn't do anything for me, although he's brought out a lot of new things since.
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:47 am      Reply with quote
fifi wrote:
His products are very expensive Lori - if you think the US$ price is a lot, wait till you see what they retail for at SpaceNK over here! I tries his alpha-lipoic acid stuff a few years ago and it didn't do anything for me, although he's brought out a lot of new things since.

his stuff is expensive over here as well. I have tried his stuff too, I didn't like it. I hated the smell, it also made me itch & my face felt bumpy & it cost a fortune. I wouldn't take the risk of buying again. Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:54 am      Reply with quote
I really wanted to like them, especially the alpha-lipoic stuff as I'd read some great things about it, but they just didn't seem to live up to the hype for me - never mind.
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:55 am      Reply with quote
fifi wrote:
I really wanted to like them, especially the alpha-lipoic stuff as I'd read some great things about it, but they just didn't seem to live up to the hype for me - never mind.

Me too. Sad
That was my first forage into not so over the counter skincare.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:52 am      Reply with quote
I thought there would be some sort of connection between the use of the microcurrent and the DMAE. From what I have read, no one has positive proof as to how exaclty the DMAE works. There is no disputing the fact that DMAE is a precursor to acetylcholine which is involved with muscle nueron transmission. However, whether it can penetrate to make any kind of difference is the question. That was interesting to hear of Dr. Perricone's experiment. I had been using the DMAE before using the Nu-face. I might have to switch it around after hearing that.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:58 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone here had a positive result with the NuFAce WITHOUT using DMAE?
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:36 am      Reply with quote
Sad to say I am returning my Nuface today. No results whatsoever, nothing, nada, waste of time IMO.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:49 am      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:
Sad to say I am returning my Nuface today. No results whatsoever, nothing, nada, waste of time IMO.

No results for me, either. I ordered DMAE serum from Candy, and will try to use it with the Nuface as suggested. Will give it a few weeks, if I will not see any results, I'll return it.

Frodo,
When returning, do you also have to return the samples and the hand cream? I still have everything untouched, just in case.

Thanks.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:55 am      Reply with quote
What kind of guarantee did you get with the NuFace. I am wondering if my sister-in-law can return it. She sent it to me to use. I have been using it for about a week. I know that is not near enough time to see big results....but, I am not impressed at all. I was hoping I would like it and be able to buy it from her. Speak to the hand
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
I am not seeing any results with Nuface either.
Right after I finish with it my face lookes a bit rosy, so it may increase blood circulation. But I do not think it does anything regarding the muscles.

I will try it for another week or so, and if nothing then will also return it.

We have 90 days to decide, I believe.

Has anyone herad about Cleo devices?

TIA,
Lucy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
Cleo consists of sticky pads which you have to put on a very clean face. It is very time consuming to set up. You look like an idiot if you answer the door with it on. Your family think you are a complete loon. Having said that it may work if you have the patience to set it up & do it as per instructions. For me it is way to time consuming & frustrating because those pads really only want to stick properly the first time.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
doba wrote:
Frodo,
When returning, do you also have to return the samples and the hand cream? I still have everything untouched, just in case.

Thanks.

I just received an answer back on that exact question. Keep the samples and hand cream, just return the NuFace and the 2 products that came in the box as they send it back to the manufacturer for a credit. SpaLook has been a great company to deal with.

I ordered the Tua Viso this am hoping that it will do what the Nuface didn't. I will post results on this under the appropriate title after using it for a bit. I have done a tremendous amount of research and decided on this. I feel like I am shooting in the dark.

My husband suggested I just go have a professional fix everything I am unhappy with. He is just a sweatheart and I thank him for that but right now I'm not quite ready to go that route.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:12 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |