Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
:: Review :: Big RAVE: Nuface!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:50 am      Reply with quote
After nine days of using the Nuface I come to the conclusion that it does work. Very Happy The Nuface gives my face a mini lift. The device only takes approximately 5 minutes to do my face and neck and well worth the results. In order to maintain the results I believe that the Nuface must be used daily. The results gained from a Nuface treatment have lasted until the next day. Both my husband and daughter noticed something different. DH said "you look great." DD thought my skin looked very firm.

I am somewhat confused. A few members stated that they can't feel any sensation while doing the Nuface treatment. Each time I have done it I feel a strong tingling sensation. The feeling is not constant but I certainly know the unit is on. The directions say to change the battery once a month for best results.

The Nuface is worth it for me as the results are noticeable. Hopefully I will continue using it daily.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:01 am      Reply with quote
Awesome news, Winnie. I love my Nuface. Regarding the tingling, that is only going to be felt sporadically depending on skin thickness, I think. If no gel/water/medium is used, believe me, you'll feel it! LOL.

In other words, no feeling is not an indication that nothing is working but I do agree that the battery should be changed once per month or when you forget to turn the unit off like I did! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:27 am      Reply with quote
Most of the time I use NuFace I feel tingling. The degree of the tingling depends on the what I have on my face at the moment, I never use the conductive gel, just skin care products or regular water. Most of the time I feel that the facial muscles are contracting, especially if I move it on my forehead, somehow the scalp muscles contract quite a bit.

Since it is difficult to use NuFace around the eye area, and not recommended for mouth area, I bought FaceMaster specifically for these areas. It does suit the purpose, since the heads are smaller and not set to a pre-defined distance. I used FaceMaster only once, without little foam things, without conductive gel, and on a higher setting…. and I felt as if I was electrocuted… Shock Shock . In the mirror I could see muscles around the eyes contracting like crazy…. I had to adjust to the lowest setting.

NuFace and FaceMaster can complement each other nicely. NuFace for larger areas of the face and body, and FaceMaster for smaller areas such as around eyes, eyebrows etc.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:48 am      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
Awesome news, Winnie. I love my Nuface. Regarding the tingling, that is only going to be felt sporadically depending on skin thickness, I think. If no gel/water/medium is used, believe me, you'll feel it! LOL.

In other words, no feeling is not an indication that nothing is working but I do agree that the battery should be changed once per month or when you forget to turn the unit off like I did! Smile

What you said about the thickness of the skin makes a lot of sense scala. My skin is not near as thick as yours considering the age difference.

For conduction I have been using distilled water and two ampules of HA Serum. Thanks to everyone who filled me in on other alternatives to the gel. Using the Nuface daily and buying gel could get costly. If it were not for the forum I would have thought the gel was a must.

How often do the the rest of you use your Nuface/FaceMaster? What alternatives are you using now for conduction.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:17 am      Reply with quote
I use NuFace about twice a week as an extra to FlexEffect, and plan to do the same with FaceMaster.

FlexEffect exercises is the only thing I do regularly (almost daily) for facial muscles, because with FE I have more control over the muscles, and see results.

I got NuFace long ago, used a little, and switched to FE completely then I learned that scalawaggirl uses both NuFace and FE, and decided to get back to NuFace for the reasons listed by scalawaggirl:

scalawaggirl wrote:
mpstat, I use both FlexEffect and the Nuface because I feel that working the muscles with FE builds them up and the Nuface stimulates them, as well, for further benefits. My understanding is that micro current devices stimulate collagen production by increasing blood flow and have seen evidence of this when using the Nuface (granted, doing more than the standard 3-pass recommendation).
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:14 am      Reply with quote
I have been using the Nuface for 16 days. The corners of my mouth have gone from turning downward to almost straight. Shock I love this little device. Every morning after washing my face I use Nuface for 5 minutes. I don't have to look in the mirror, no wires to deal with...just a simple gadget that has delivered. Dancing Rather than posting before pictures you can see the changes on previous page of this thread. Pictures were taken on January 14th and 16th. The following picture was taken today. Pardon the chapped lips ouch. Laughing

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:53 am      Reply with quote
WOW Winnie, your results are really awesome. Your mouth is really starting to turn up. The whole NL area has softened + firmed ( Wink )..

Now give details; For conductivity?...Regular and or advanced technique? All of our inquiring minds 'need' to know.. Confused

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:34 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Kassy Smile

I do the regular routine with a combination of distilled water and HA Serum (HA Ampules). Rather then repeating the three steps on the face three times. I do the first point on the face and continue at that same spot around 5 times (moving VERY slowly). Then I move to mid check from nasal labial fold to mid ear. Again, I stay in that spot for five passes. After thinking about the concept of micro-current I thought that it would be best to go over the area several times before moving to next. I hope I am making sense.

I love Nuface. I briefly thought about one of those professional models that you had to place the probes in certain places. It did not take long before I passed on those machines. I need something that is small and takes little time or it would end up in a closet.

Actually Kassy I have you and Scala to thank. It was your posts that helped me decide to try it.

I think all of us using micro-current devices should visualize the muscles in our face while using the device.

scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie! Your results are simply wonderful and I am soooo glad you're enjoying them. Smile The muscle picture is great, I use one that is similar that I got from the Flex Effect forum so thanks for posting that as it is very helpful for people to review the muscular structure of the face.

One thing I'm noticing is that my face is staying lifted now even if I skip a day or so. Interesting, huh?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for all of the info Winnie. I also have a great photo of muscles (compliments of mpstat from another thread), that I have printed out and have it on my bathroom mirror.. (My DH thinks my bathroom is a 'house of horrors' and has since moved into our guest bath..) Laughing Laughing Laughing

scaly, your right about the "face staying lifted" with repeated use.. The flip side, is that missing 'several' days, caused the muscles to revert back to pre micro current days. This was the case for me anyway, I was away for 2 weeks, and wasn't as consistent with use.

After seeing Winnie's great results, it was all the encouragement I needed, to get back on track..

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy I do think we have to be consistent using the Nuface. It is true that the benefits are cumulative. After the first use I noticed a difference. Now, 16 days later, the results are even better. I wonder how much better it can get. Cool

stovetop
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:34 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie - Thanks so much for posting your pics - seeing is believing. I have just started purchasing the face toys with the C8 dermaroller and facemate - what should I purchase next - Clarisonic, Nuface, Baby Q? I would so appreciate your opinion.
Jemm_
5% products discount

Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Ladies, I had the Nuface for 44 days and right after use noticed a significant difference. However, after 44 days I looked exactly like I did the morning before, hence I have returned it. I'm glad it's working so well for some of you (every face is different) and enjoy your wonderful results!
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:
Now, 16 days later, the results are even better. I wonder how much better it can get. Cool

Before you know it, you'll have to get a new picture on your license... Wink

Isn't it nice to look forward to getting up in the morning, when the face looking back is getting younger instead of older..

Gotta love it..

Kassy

fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:11 am      Reply with quote
Do you ladies who are seeing results with this think that the products you use while doing the treatment make a difference? I have been using the NuFace religiously for a few months now but can't see any difference at all Sad . I found the products that came with the device made me break out though so have been using an Avene mineral water spray instead.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:29 am      Reply with quote
fifi wrote:
Do you ladies who are seeing results with this think that the products you use while doing the treatment make a difference? I have been using the NuFace religiously for a few months now but can't see any difference at all Sad . I found the products that came with the device made me break out though so have been using an Avene mineral water spray instead.

The mineral water should be fine. I do add HA serum to my water. The products I have been using have been in my routine for 3 years. Although the line I use has made a big difference in my skin tone I needed another boost as I am getting up there in age. Rolling Eyes All I can recommend is do the procedure very slow, view the advanced techniques. Take a picture of your self and another in a week. Honestly, if I did not take the pictures I might just believe I was having a few "good face" days. BTW you don't have to post the pictures on EDS. Wink

fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Winnie - I'll try going over each area more slowly and see if that helps. I did just start trying out the advanced techniques, so maybe that'll make a difference too.

Or maybe I'm just too saggy already for the NuFace to be able to help and I need to start saving up for a face-lift!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
Re: conductivity - It sounds like mineral water or distilled water is acceptable. Is anyone still using a gel or aloe vera? Do you suppose adding 6 drops of so of HA to the water would be similar to what you do Winnie?
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:30 pm      Reply with quote
For what it's worth, after much trial and error, I now do the following, with decent results;

1.) apply serum made with HA, Vit E + distilled water. I let it penitrate for 10 minutes.

2.) I then spritz my face with distilled water while using the NuFace as needed.

Kassy

Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Re: conductivity - It sounds like mineral water or distilled water is acceptable. Is anyone still using a gel or aloe vera? Do you suppose adding 6 drops of so of HA to the water would be similar to what you do Winnie?

By adding several drop of HA to your distilled water you get a little slip. I have a 2 ounce bottle with a very fine mist. Never have I counted drops of HA as I use an Ampule. Think The main thing is you want a little slip to the conductivity. Kassy also just posted a solution that sounds good. You could also dilute the gel that comes with the unit. No way will I buy a tube of conductive gel once a month. Rolling Eyes

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
I found the conductive gel that comes with the NuFace to be irritating to my skin. Even when I tried watering it down, I didn't like it.

The HA serum works so much better, and the added benefit is that the NuFace treatment helps it to penetrate as well. Win, win in MHO.

zozo228

Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl - have enjoyed reading all your posts on various threads, and wanted to find out if you still use your Baby quasar (I think I saw you mention Quasar SP?) I just purchased the Baby Q and have only used it once but remember that you had been a fan. Do you still use it or recommend it?
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, zozo! I'm still a fan and do use the SP now but the BQ is a great tool, as well, and highly recommended on my part.

Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:15 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, scalawaggirl. from the pictures you've posted, it looks like you are getting great results! I may have to try some of the steps in your routine!
CTYankeegirl
5% products discount

Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:46 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone, I'm glad I found this forum. I can't believe how much time I've spent reading these boards. I'm 40 (soon to be 41...) and would like to stay as young as I can. I've unfortunately inherited smile lines and a downturned mouth from my Dad's side of the family. How tired I am of people saying "Smile! It can't be that bad!" because they think I look sad or mad. It's only gotten worse as I've gotten older. I'm determined to keep sagging jowls at bay and not let my smile lines & crinkles around my eyes get any worse!
I've really enjoyed reading everyone's positive experiences w/ Nuface. The pictures are great!
I've just purchased a DPL light this week hoping to increase collagen production. Has anyone here used this? How do the results compare to Nuface?
I splurged on Titan treatments last January and they really helped alot with my smile lines. I don't look nearly as sad or mad or old! I want to try to keep up these results (and maybe improve on them) at home. I'd appreciate anyone's input and look forward to keeping up with everyone's progress!
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:10 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |