Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Candy's new High Octane C serum...... READ AT YOUR OWN RISK
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » DIY and Home-based Company Skincare Product Reviews
Reply to topic
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:45 am      Reply with quote
Ok ladies.....

I know it's early and all that, but pour yourself something, ANYTHING, to calm yourself before you read this (hey, I've been a lawyer long enough to know that THAT was a sufficient liability release Razz ).

I've been testing a new C serum for Candy. She can tell you more about the formula, but basically, it's a high octane mix of MAP, AA, and tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate. At first, I was going to do a half face test with this on one side and my Super Serum on the other. But after the first couple of days, the results with this stuff was so totally off the charts that I couldn't help myself and have been slathering it all over my face and neck. I have NEVER NEVER NEVER used anything that produced such immediate results!

It's a thick serum, and you don't need alot of it (well, YOU don't - I DO cause I want to slather it alllllllll over by body). Most C serums have that slightly greasy feel to them. True, it usually goes away after a moment or two, but any C user knows what I mean. Obviously, I love Vit C, and it wouldn't dissuade me if it did, but this stuff just doesn't have it. It has a truly luxurious feel to it. Immediately upon application my skin looked absolutely amazing!

As you all know, I've been an avid user of ISC products for quite some time. As a result, the effectiveness of my Active Serum / Firming Complex nightime combo has given me skin that is as close to poreless as I thought possible. But, I have to say - better was possible! My skin looks absolutely airbrushed with this stuff. Firm, poreless, truly gorgeous....

Right now, I'm using it over my Super Serum, just because I have a religious commitment to the Super Serum. Well, actually, its more than that... I thought this potion was awesome when I used it on one side of my face without the SS. When I put it on top of the SS, it was awesome to the next degree. But, I absolutely have no reservation about asserting that if use this stuff all by itself, the results will blow you away.

If you're REALLY REALLY nice to Officer Candy, you might just convince her to start selling this stuff over at candessence.com. If she's reluctant, offer her a bribe. It's legal Cool
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:50 am      Reply with quote
Dear Officer Candy,

I've been really good and haven't committed any crimes or anything for...oh, at least a whole week. So please can you start selling this on your website? Very Happy
Sharkbait
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:57 am      Reply with quote
Dear Santa,

Please tell Candy to start selling this gem. If it helps, you can omit the diamonds this year.

Sincerely, yours truly and all that,
Sharkbait
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:08 am      Reply with quote
i would just like to say that sometimes it sucks living in france!
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:43 am      Reply with quote
Awwwww la vie en rose.....

As you sit there sipping exquisite wine at 1/5 of what we poooooooooor Americans have to pay..... Wink
dealated
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:58 am      Reply with quote
oh gosh, it sounds amazing! I'm with majorb, I haven't been arrested or tasered all month, we deserve some kind of reward from the PO's.
dealated
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:00 am      Reply with quote
PS, Katee what are you doing with a high octane C serum? You already look like your in your twenties people are going to start thinking you peeled the skin off a baby and glued it to your face Laughing
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:09 am      Reply with quote
katee wrote:
Awwwww la vie en rose.....

As you sit there sipping exquisite wine at 1/5 of what we poooooooooor Americans have to pay..... Wink

as a matter of fact, that is exactly what i'm doing right now.... sip.... sip.... sip.... and a big ole slurp in your honour! Bad Grin
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:10 am      Reply with quote
Katee's on a roll...Candy, start selling it please..you know we're going to hound you about it now anyway Wink & the other super duper serum/cream Melissa's (the other lemming creator) been on about lately Wink
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:14 am      Reply with quote
Candy,

please, add this to all other outstanding products you already sell.

TIA,
Lucy.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:18 am      Reply with quote
Katee- I know you love SS... but if you have to choose between the two, ISC SS and Candy's high octane C serum, which one would you go for?
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:20 am      Reply with quote
forget all this making nice nice to the officer!

Candy,

sell it to us now or i go after you in my shower cap....
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:20 am      Reply with quote
dealated wrote:
PS, Katee what are you doing with a high octane C serum? You already look like your in your twenties people are going to start thinking you peeled the skin off a baby and glued it to your face Laughing

That's because Candy wasn't born yesterday and knows that Katee is the perfect tester. That way when she loves it (as we all do love EVERY Candessence product) she posts an amazing review like this and leaves the rest of us waiting with baited breath for its release! Pure genious Candy! Laughing

So really, when is it going to be released? Pray
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:23 am      Reply with quote
Wheres the crying emoticon!!!! Katee tried something of Candy's before me!!! Not talking ....Ok off to email and beg Candy. Wink Katee try her suped up version of matrixyl 3000, you think the C's good!!!!!
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:23 am      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
i would just like to say that sometimes it sucks living in france!

Huh, try the UK!!! Everything's twice the price of the States, and you can't get yummy cheap local wine. Or fresh baguettes. Or crepes. Or croissants.... Drool .

And Candy - I'm just waiting till the seasonal post-office craziness has come to an end (by which time my current bottle of ProHeal should be almost empty too) to order some new skincare, so please take pity on a deprived Brit and put this mega-serum on your site soon too.....
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:30 am      Reply with quote
You know fifi, you're right. I spent 2 days (layover) in the U.K.-thank goodness-it was all I could afford! I kept forgetting to calculate the exchange- I couldn't believe my visa card-it's still trying to recoop. Confused
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
OMG loveskincare - whatttttttttt kind of ghoul are you Exclamation Question Exclamation Question A few years ago, when the local school system made a survival skills course, in which kiddies had to decide just which family member they would toss overboard if they were in a lifeboat with limited supplies, a requirement, I did pro bono work on a class action suit against them! That is a VERY VERY cruel question Confused .

All kidding aside, it's a tough question to answer. I've come to love Super Serum over time, although I do believe that ultimately, ISC's Active Serum is the real jewel in their crown, especially when combined with the Firming Complex (Marina's innovation, if your skin can handle it). But, I saw results with Super Serum over time. Candy's serum provides dramatic and instant gratification, and, given what I know is in it, it's gratification that isn't just cosmetic in nature (i.e. it isn't going to wash off when you cleanse your face). I'd prefer not to have to make a choice, but if I absolutely had to, and I can barely get the words out of my mouth, I think I'd go with Candy's.

Okay, THAT was very stressful. I have to go rest now.....
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:13 pm      Reply with quote
Passes Katee the bottle of vodka, this should help!!!
loveskincare
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
Laughing Laughing Laughing

I know it's a tough question for you but just had to ask. Wink Thanks Katee!

Laughing ... still laughing... wish I could write like you! Very Happy
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
FYI-Candy does have this serum up on her site for sale currently.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks..but is the firming serum the much Melissa-touted super duper serum?
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone know what the percentages are for the different forms of C in this serum? TIA
poofybabypenguin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
omg katee, first you write super duper raves on ISC, now on Candy too??? You're a bad influence on my life! Shame on you

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
I'm sure Candy will respond to that but I like the Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate-one of the reasons I tried skinmedica's c serum. I remember research as to why the inclusion of this makes a great c serum, but due to increasing senior moments I can't for the life of me remember why or where I read it Embarassed .
jumpingball
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
A-a-a-a-a-a! Guys, you are bad! Now I have to buy it. Poor me, my cc and my husband... Laughing
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:40 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |