Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Candy's new High Octane C serum...... READ AT YOUR OWN RISK
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » DIY and Home-based Company Skincare Product Reviews
Reply to topic
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
Got mine in and have been using it about a week. Nice glow, no breakouts and seems to work well on sensitive skin. When my sample runs out will definately order the full size.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
I also have been using it for 2-3 days now and like it, overall evens my skintone and very economical compared to the other C serums out there. I also LOVE the texture which is similar to Candy's HA - like water! Extremely lightweight and does not leave my skin dry though I really like her HA so I still apply afterwards. Does not irritate my skin. But like others have said in another thread my bottle squirts like crazy and when I was pumping to get the product out I realize the bottle was already like 1/5 gone Shock I probably have lots of it clogged in the pump Sad
PocoLoco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
Rjez, generally people see the "glow," that's the first thing. Then many people see a reduction in pigmenation such as sun/age spots or melasma. Then, after a longer while, under-eye bags can be reduced, dark circles reduced, and fine lines reduced. From stimulation of new collagen growth. My husband's under-eye bags responded amazingly well to Vit C serum. It didn't take long at all, either. He just looked more rested, like he'd been on vacation.
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
Ah, thanks Jan. I'll probably keep up for the AOX properties but I rely on other products for dark circles and sun damage. Good to know it's supporting those products though!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using my Triple C for a couple of weeks now. I love it. I've still got my Obagi C serum, which I'm using at night & I'm using Candy's C in the a.m.

They both make my skin look great & have been helping fade my melasma cheeks too. My skin is smoother overall & the little whitehead type bumps I get on my chin are smaller & less noticeable.

I like the Triple C better for morning because it absorbs so fast. It's very silky & light. The one thing I wish could be different is the spray pump. It's rather spastic & no matter what I try to do to minimize it splashing out of my hands, I still get it all over the counter (which then leaves little white spots all over the counter when it dries).

The Obagi C is a bit oilier, which is why I'm using at night. But it still absorbs quickly. Neither product makes my skin feel tight or dry.
My skin tends to be on the oily side - a bit drier in the winter.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:27 am      Reply with quote
katee--does layering a C serum over another C serum do anything to negate both serums' effects?

i think if i remember correctly, the IS clinical serum you use is also a C serum.

Kristen

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:37 am      Reply with quote
Where have I been? I visited the Candessence site a few weeks ago & never noticed a new skin care item. I wanna be a lab rat too. Pray

Candy, just in case your listening, which order in your regime are you using to incorporate your new product? First? Or is that question a violation of the rules?
SherriinCanada
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:44 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

Can anyone compare Candy's C with Vivier. I have used Vivier forever and am curious as to how the two compare.

Thanks
Sherri
sark
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:57 am      Reply with quote
right now, i'm using zenbiotic products for my face - cleanser, toner, o2, phyto moisure, along with epidermx II at night. i haven't added in any serums yet, and was thinking about introducing this one. i have slightly blemish prone skin and hate 1) that any pimples leave red marks for such a long time since i have fair skin, and 2) that i can see the pores around my nose. i'm in my late 20s - would this be a good product to add in to help with these issues? if so, do you use it every day, morning and/or night, does it make your skin more sun-sensitive? thanks!
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
catmcall - Laughing I was just coming here to post ... does anyone decant the Triple C into a dropper bottle? I do the same thing too ... I waste more product because I spray into my hands.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
Rjez wrote:
catmcall - Laughing I was just coming here to post ... does anyone decant the Triple C into a dropper bottle? I do the same thing too ... I waste more product because I spray into my hands.

i have my Candessence VitC/E/ferulic acid in a dropper bottle for the same reason. I am almost out and so can soon try the Triple C! Very Happy
priscilla

35, combination skin, post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation at the slightest blemish + stubborn blackheads on nose. Ignoramus about skincare--hence the litany of skincare woes. Here to learn, and grateful for help.
seabliss
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
The problem with dropper bottles is that they expose the C serum to air, which causes it to oxidize. Pump bottles are best for protecting the serum. If your serum becomes oxidized, it can actually provide pro-oxidants (instead of antioxidants) to your skin.
Priscilla
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
seabliss wrote:
The problem with dropper bottles is that they expose the C serum to air, which causes it to oxidize. Pump bottles are best for protecting the serum. If your serum becomes oxidized, it can actually provide pro-oxidants (instead of antioxidants) to your skin.

This is true...although I have read that air-free pump bottles are the best since normal pump bottles still introduce some air to the inside of the bottle. I do not worry that much about oxidation with my vitamin C in the dropper bottle since oxidation corresponds to a color change that I can see. I use my vitamin C product up before there is visible oxidation.

What are others' experiences?
priscilla

35, combination skin, post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation at the slightest blemish + stubborn blackheads on nose. Ignoramus about skincare--hence the litany of skincare woes. Here to learn, and grateful for help.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
When I pump out the Triple C, there's some speck of white grainy stuff that comes out with it. Does anyone know what it is? It's not liquid. I think I like the Triple C serum. I want to order the full size but was wondering if it will go bad before I can finish it.
cedar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
SherrinCanada, I believe I recall I used a sample of Vivier, and it felt much oilier. (if I have my samples right)

I also want to add, Candessence Triple C serum is amazing! I have noticed brightening, almost immediately. This product has exceeded my hopes.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
I had convinced a gal who I used to work with to try Candy's Triple C serum. She was so skeptical at first, mainly because she's used to buying from lines that she either gets from her derm or that she reads about in Vogue or Elle, etc.

I met her for lunch today and the first thing she did was give me a huge hug and thank me about 10 times for tipping her off about Candy's stuff. AND she paid for lunch Wink . AND, she looks gorgeous ( I hate her - but just a little Laughing ).
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:31 am      Reply with quote
cedar wrote:
This product has exceeded my hopes.

It's true!!!!
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:00 am      Reply with quote
Forgot to add,

This stuff is great, buy it!
yuki
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
where can i buy this?
also Candy's HA sounds yummy too Very Happy Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
yuki wrote:
where can i buy this?
also Candy's HA sounds yummy too Very Happy Very Happy

www.candessence.com
sark
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:55 am      Reply with quote
where do you fit this into your routine? i use zenbiotic products, which is all about layering everything wet - cleanse then dry, tone, spray moisturizer, then serums on top. with candy's triple c serum, would this be the final step in the routine of should i put in on dry skin after cleansing before toning/moisturizer combo?
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:27 am      Reply with quote
I don't know about zenbiotics, but C serums come before moisturizer.
oriana808
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
I luv it I luv it I luv it! Very Happy Finally rec'd my Triple C this week and notice a difference in my skin already, definetly brighter - no doubt about it, and a little bit tighter. It sinks in very well, feels great on my skin and no balling up whatsoever. Also rec'd the Firming Serum (Matrixyl) and have layered and still no balling. My skin tingles a bit from both serums but I'm interpreting that as a sign of oomph.

The bottle is, however, a completely different story. When I read on this thread that the serum squirts out all over the place I thought maybe that was an exageration, but it's actually an understatement. The bottles are completely useless and waste much product - you have to cup your whole hand around it to stop it from going everywhere and then extract the excess from between your fingers. Now I'm scrambling to find an alternative and don't like the idea of oxidation during the transfer process. Oh well...
Ninetynine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:44 am      Reply with quote
I am about to place an order the Triple C serum. What sort of bottle is in that is causing the squirting problem? Is it in the same bottle as the DMAE?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:33 am      Reply with quote
My understanding is the tube thats in the bottle goes completely to the bottom, which allows the product to remain airtight, but also creates the problem being referred to. I found if I push the top down real slow, the squirting is not a problem. Hope that helps!!
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:04 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |