Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Candy's new High Octane C serum...... READ AT YOUR OWN RISK
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » DIY and Home-based Company Skincare Product Reviews
Reply to topic
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
Buy two marina..... It's lovely on your neck and decollete Very Happy
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:24 pm      Reply with quote
Id really like to try the C Serum but i think she charges too much for shipping International. Comes up to $17 au just for shipping. I only want a sample first to try and it would end up about $28 Au just for a 5ml sample Surprised

I sent a sample to a member recently to the US and it only cost me $2 something to send to her! So i dont know if US postage is dearer or what...

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:39 pm      Reply with quote
Candy will refund any difference in shipping to you so don't worry about the shipping. If you're unsure about it you can always email her for a shipping quote and ask her to send you a paypal invoice for your order instead of ordering from her site.

Now does anyone know whether she changed/improved her pump bottles since you guys have already tried the new/improved formula?
Ninetynine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:02 am      Reply with quote
sormuimui wrote:
Candy will refund any difference in shipping to you so don't worry about the shipping. If you're unsure about it you can always email her for a shipping quote and ask her to send you a paypal invoice for your order instead of ordering from her site.

Now does anyone know whether she changed/improved her pump bottles since you guys have already tried the new/improved formula?

I received mine 3-4 weeks ago. The bottle is still the same as the DMAE serum.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
carolb69 wrote:
Id really like to try the C Serum but i think she charges too much for shipping International. Comes up to $17 au just for shipping. I only want a sample first to try and it would end up about $28 Au just for a 5ml sample Surprised

I sent a sample to a member recently to the US and it only cost me $2 something to send to her! So i dont know if US postage is dearer or what...

Well I just sent something to another "state" in the US, normal mail, $5.95! So yes from here to anywhere is more! Oh and it was very light package and small. Hope that helps you understand what our postal service is here. Candy does not tack on extra money on shipping, ever...in fact the shipping bar on my packages, is always about .20cents more than what I paid..
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:09 pm      Reply with quote
First class is much cheaper Melissa. Small packages can cost 87 cents domestically! That was how much it cost me to send a sunskiller sunscreen. I don't think priority is necessary for small items, but sending priority is easier on sellers because the packaging comes "free."

I agree with Carol, $17 for shipping is much too much for a small bottle of serum, but i understand candy does refund part of it. I think it's hard for her because her website doesn't distinguish between weights? I know the GoW site lists the weights of each item, so if you fall below a certain weight, you can choose first class shipping. I don't know how international shipping works though on GoW, but Markey never makes a profit on shipping either.

The "auto add" for international shipping is to protect candy from being short changed on heavier packages. I have sent heavier packages internationally and they cost much more than i anticipated at times.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:
First class is much cheaper Melissa. Small packages can cost 87 cents domestically! That was how much it cost me to send a sunskiller sunscreen. I don't think priority is necessary for small items, but sending priority is easier on sellers because the packaging comes "free."

well I packaged it myself and thats what it cost me? so I don't know...I say rip off either way..but not nec from the vendors.
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
OMG...I just ordered a sample of Triple C even though I have no place for it in my routine...I resisted for as long as I could Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:34 pm      Reply with quote
Wild Cat wrote:
OMG...I just ordered a sample of Triple C even though I have no place for it in my routine...I resisted for as long as I could Embarassed

your going to love it!!!
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
MelissaMarie wrote:
skincareaddicted wrote:

well I packaged it myself and thats what it cost me? so I don't know...I say rip off either way..but not nec from the vendors.

Hi Melissa--if a package is light enough, first class is awesome! If it's heavier, try to fit it into the flat rate $4.05 envelope if possible but there is also parcel post.

Kristen~

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:
MelissaMarie wrote:
skincareaddicted wrote:

Hi Melissa--if a package is light enough, first class is awesome! If it's heavier, try to fit it into the flat rate $4.05 envelope if possible but there is also parcel post.

Kristen~

oh thanks!! I am def postal challenged
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe I'll email her and see if she'll send it first class then?? I can only ask i guess!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:40 pm      Reply with quote
I emailed Candy and she got back to me and said to take off the $9 int shipping! Yay cant wait to try it. Thanks Candy.

I could have just ordered full size but if i didnt like it Im stuck with 'another' item i dont need!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:53 am      Reply with quote
Can anyone tell me if Candy sends an order confirmation email? I put the order through on Wed but havent received any confirmation??

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:00 am      Reply with quote
carolb69 wrote:
I emailed Candy and she got back to me and said to take off the $9 int shipping! Yay cant wait to try it. Thanks Candy.

That is really good. Very Happy

I would like to try Candy's new lip product but am reluctant to pay $17 (AU) for shipping.

I know that it is there as a protection with weight on larger orders. However, most smaller companies I buy from only charge me what it costs them in shipping and packaging which I really appreciate.
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:14 am      Reply with quote
Maybe email her Emma? See if she can offer it cheaper or send it a different way. Global Priority is dearer I think? Maybe the US gals can confirm that.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:48 am      Reply with quote
That's a good idea.
Very Happy
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:55 am      Reply with quote
Candy does not usually send out order confirmations, so not to worry. she also will not overcharge anybody on shipping (she actually loses money most of the time). usually just a little note on check out asking her to look into it will be sufficient and you'll get a refund. (i admire your restraint -- i usually have the problem of wanting to order too many of her products Laughing )
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:06 am      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
i would just like to say that sometimes it sucks living in france!

nod!nod!
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
nod nod again! but to living in Aus - all the best products are in the USA!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:10 am      Reply with quote
Emma2006 wrote:
carolb69 wrote:

I would like to try Candy's new lip product but am reluctant to pay $17 (AU) for shipping.

I know that it is there as a protection with weight on larger orders. However, most smaller companies I buy from only charge me what it costs them in shipping and packaging which I really appreciate.

Ladies, ladies, ladies!!!

Hear ye, hear ye ! ( Wink

I live in the U.S., and sometimes, when I order from Candy, the shopping cart software that she uses sends the postage thru the roof. It does the same thing for international orders. It has been addressed in several other threads and it keeps coming up. Unfortunately, Candy's ethics keep her from posting a big bold post clarifying the point.

If you make a purchase from her, and the shopping cart sends the s & h rate out of wack, all you have to do is put a note in the designated PayPal area calling it to her attention. More often than not, she catches it and issues refunds without people even asking, but since the addition of new products always sends her orders thru the stratosphere, I'd just call it to her attention to be safe.

The fact is, her prices are so far below what is charged for comparable products that I'd be willing to pay the high postage. It's just that if the money is going to go in someone's pocket, my preference would be that it NOT go into the pocket of the USPS, at least not until they manage to find some reasonably civil people to work in my local post office!
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:51 am      Reply with quote
katee wrote:
Emma2006 wrote:
carolb69 wrote:

I live in the U.S., and sometimes, when I order from Candy, the shopping cart software that she uses sends the postage thru the roof. It does the same thing for international orders. It has been addressed in several other threads and it keeps coming up. Unfortunately, Candy's ethics keep her from posting a big bold post clarifying the point.

If you make a purchase from her, and the shopping cart sends the s & h rate out of wack, all you have to do is put a note in the designated PayPal area calling it to her attention. More often than not, she catches it and issues refunds without people even asking, but since the addition of new products always sends her orders thru the stratosphere, I'd just call it to her attention to be safe.

The fact is, her prices are so far below what is charged for comparable products that I'd be willing to pay the high postage. It's just that if the money is going to go in someone's pocket, my preference would be that it NOT go into the pocket of the USPS, at least not until they manage to find some reasonably civil people to work in my local post office!

I agree with katee.

In fact, I'm so used to astronomical international shipping rates from most sites that Candy's really don't seem bad at all in comparison. Besides, often the weight of products I buy means that actual shipping costs more than Candy charges.
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:57 am      Reply with quote
katee wrote:
Emma2006 wrote:
carolb69 wrote:

Ah good to know thanks Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
I just received my order of this today. The only other C serum I have used is Skinceuticals - this is a much much better consistency. It sinks in faster and doesn't feel the least bit sticky - one of my major complaints about C serums. It also leaves you with that pretty C glow.

Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
katee wrote:
Emma2006 wrote:
carolb69 wrote:

Although I quite liked the product I ordered, it's still $19USD to come to Canada which, IMHO, is quite expensive....
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:46 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |