Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)
RAVE: Candessence Almond Amaretto Latte Soap
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » DIY and Home-based Company Skincare Product Reviews
Reply to topic
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
MelissaMarie wrote:
OMG Mary, I am so not liking you right now, I just emailed Candy asking about her pepper soap, it sounds devine, I am very picky on scents and most I can deciper how they will smell before hand, but this one really really really really peaks my interest!!! Did I mention I really want to try this one?

Well, you're gonna REALLY not like me when you get the soap...and then decide you need every product she has made up for you in that scent! Laughing It's one of her best creations yet!

Mary Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
Brick wall Brick wall Gets out red marker, X'ing Mary off any future X-mas list.
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
MelissaMarie wrote:
Brick wall Brick wall Gets out red marker, X'ing Mary off any future X-mas list.

Wow...I thought I'd just get grounded again, not deleted from your Christmas list!! Shock

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:04 am      Reply with quote
Mary H. wrote:
Ruth wrote:
Dancing Happy Ruthie got her parcel today Dancing

and in it was: an assortment of lovely lovely soaps...one of each actually Laughing All individualy rapped in little celofane giftbags, very pretty ... they all smell and look so fantastic I seriously don't know which to start useing first! Leaning towards the pepperred berry soap though...YUMMY!

also got lipbalms in lemonade (which my SO ripped off me immediately!, luckily I got 2 Razz ) and in my all time favourite Juicy Orange

As stated before, I'm takeing the plunge into DMAE and a proper c-serum (the ferulic vit e one) ... such fun all of this!

Hi Ruth! wave

Did you end up trying the peppered berry soap? If so, what did you think? I have the body butter in that scent and I love it...so I can only imagine the soap is just as wonderful!

Can't wait to hear what you think of the DMAE and C-serum once you try them! And I agree...this is definitely fun stuff. Very Happy Every time an order from Candy arrives, it's like Christmas around here!

Mary Very Happy

Hi Mary sweets Very Happy

Same here! Very Happy

haven't actually used the peppered berry soap yet...but OMG the scent is to DIE for - even through the packageing!!!!!

I am going to be opening and useing ALL my soaps within the next couple of weeks - yes, I think I actually have one of each from the website + a secret tester or two Very Happy .

Reason? coz I have had such difficulties deciding where to start, am still haveing a hard time not ripping the wrapping off them all, and I want to do a comprehensive soap review - and am battling an inner voice (social inheritance - aka mum Bad Grin ) saying "use one at a time, don't waste". That voice is effectivley (after a week of moaning) going to be shut up!!!!

So far I can let on that... dam dam dam daaa...

na naaa Wink you'll have to wait! Cool

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:22 am      Reply with quote
Ruth wrote:
Mary H. wrote:
Ruth wrote:
Dancing Happy Ruthie got her parcel today Dancing

and in it was: an assortment of lovely lovely soaps...one of each actually Laughing All individualy rapped in little celofane giftbags, very pretty ... they all smell and look so fantastic I seriously don't know which to start useing first! Leaning towards the pepperred berry soap though...YUMMY!

also got lipbalms in lemonade (which my SO ripped off me immediately!, luckily I got 2 Razz ) and in my all time favourite Juicy Orange

As stated before, I'm takeing the plunge into DMAE and a proper c-serum (the ferulic vit e one) ... such fun all of this!

Hi Ruth! wave

Did you end up trying the peppered berry soap? If so, what did you think? I have the body butter in that scent and I love it...so I can only imagine the soap is just as wonderful!

Can't wait to hear what you think of the DMAE and C-serum once you try them! And I agree...this is definitely fun stuff. Very Happy Every time an order from Candy arrives, it's like Christmas around here!

Mary Very Happy

Hi Mary sweets Very Happy

Same here! Very Happy

haven't actually used the peppered berry soap yet...but OMG the scent is to DIE for - even through the packageing!!!!!

I am going to be opening and useing ALL my soaps within the next couple of weeks - yes, I think I actually have one of each from the website + a secret tester or two Very Happy .

Reason? coz I have had such difficulties deciding where to start, am still haveing a hard time not ripping the wrapping off them all, and I want to do a comprehensive soap review - and am battling an inner voice (social inheritance - aka mum Bad Grin ) saying "use one at a time, don't waste". That voice is effectivley (after a week of moaning) going to be shut up!!!!

So far I can let on that... dam dam dam daaa...

na naaa Wink you'll have to wait! Cool

Ruth, you are too funny! Laughing I can just hear you doing battle with the "inner voice"...then eventually breaking free and ripping open all the soaps with joyous abandon! LOL!

I will patiently (okay, semi-patiently) wait for your review!

Mary Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
*Runs screaming neeeked down the street*...STOP IT YOU TWO, JUST STOP IT!! I want this soap.....................sniff sniff
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
MelissaMarie wrote:
*Runs screaming neeeked down the street*...STOP IT YOU TWO, JUST STOP IT!! I want this soap.....................sniff sniff

Uh oh, Ruth. I think we've pushed Mel over the edge...!! Shock

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
Mary H. wrote:
MelissaMarie wrote:

i love her when she gets that way!
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
Mary H. wrote:
MelissaMarie wrote:

Me, too! Bad Grin

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
Wink thank God I had used la vie's olive oil trick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:21 am      Reply with quote
MelissaMarie wrote:

it was avocado oil, you sexy beast!
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:39 am      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
MelissaMarie wrote:

Damn and I even shaved my legs, no wonder I saw no results Confused , nor did I get a hot date, now you tell me.
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
Mary H. wrote:
la vie en rose wrote:
Mary H. wrote:
MelissaMarie wrote:

Me, too! Bad Grin

You're maeking me pee my pants Shock

Embarassed

Laughing

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
MelissaMarie wrote:
la vie en rose wrote:
MelissaMarie wrote:

Damn and I even shaved my legs, no wonder I saw no results Confused , nor did I get a hot date, now you tell me.

Mel...had you by any chance forgotten to apply one of Candys fabulous body sprays after the appliance of the olive oil? I would imagine that the reason you didn't get a hot date was the slightly olivey odour around you...

Here's my theory:

If you'd been running around naked in Italy or Greece the men would have been lying at your feet drewling and begging for your attention etc.
I'm gathering you're somewhere in Great B... and, ahum, sorry - but we do all know that British men - in general of course - aren't the most culinary of creatures

Therfore my conclusion to the mystery of the lacking hot dates as a result of running down the streets naked covered in olive oil is that there's something wrong with the men in your neighbourhood!

I am wise for my young age aren't I !?!Laughing

majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:25 am      Reply with quote
Ruth wrote:
we do all know that British men - in general of course - aren't the most culinary of creatures

Sad, but true.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
LMAO...actually I am in Texas. I think it was my white white legs that scared em off Cool , but I do have a plan to correct that. Besides tanning, I am thinking if I smell like this soap, I'll be beating them off with sticks!!
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:40 am      Reply with quote
MelissaMarie wrote:
LMAO...actually I am in Texas. I think it was my white white legs that scared em off Cool , but I do have a plan to correct that. Besides tanning, I am thinking if I smell like this soap, I'll be beating them off with sticks!!

I've decided that the olive oil had nothing to do with it, neither the nationality of the men - and certainly not the colour of your cream toned legs either! The only logical explanation is that the men in your neighbourhood really and truely are very very strange, very happily married - or just plain dumb! Cool

I figured you were in GB because I "heard" you say "neeeeeked" in Scottish Laughing How does it sound in Texan????

MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:49 am      Reply with quote
Well alot of the men in my neigborhood are GAY Confused , hmmmmmm maybe I should try this in a different neigbhorhood Cool !...And when one is running neeeeked screaming, I think the accent gets lost Wink
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:00 am      Reply with quote
MelissaMarie wrote:
Well alot of the men in my neigborhood are GAY Confused , hmmmmmm maybe I should try this in a different neigbhorhood Cool !...And when one is running neeeeked screaming, I think the accent gets lost Wink

the thought did cross my mind - but I didn't feel like being politically incorrect by saying that all the men in your neighborhood were gay Laughing

MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:30 am      Reply with quote
grins, well I just got a big ole box of stuff from Candy's so will def review this weekend!!! Cool
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:11 am      Reply with quote
Oki doki - the time has come for a review of some of my Candessence soaps!

Aaaaaages ago I receive a parcel full of goodies...and I promised to review them when I had tried them all... Well I haven't tried them all yet but here I am anyways Smile

I need to start off by saying that these are the creamiest and most luxurius soaps I have ever had or tried. And I have a mum who likes to buy expensive french soaps (i.e. I've been brought up with nice soaps), and I tend to spoil myself and my father in law (who also likes good quality soap) with lovely ecological soaps - Candy's soaps beat anything I have ever tried by light years!

The soaps I got were:

Peppered Berries - this scent is seriously to die for! Rich, deep, volumptious, spicy, warm, sweet, comforting and uplifting - and amazeingly enough NOT overpowering. The scent also lingers for 5-10 min after useing it - both on hands/body and in the bathroom.

Walking on Sunshine - like the scent A LOT and would have liked it to smell even more, maybe it was just that batch - but I would have liked a little bit more Sunshine scent to match the Sunshine colour (lovely orangey yellow)

Oatmeal Honey - haven't opened my own, but at Easter I was home in Stockholm and staying at one of my girlfriends who got this for X-mas and she has it by her tub - I LOOOVE this soap too! Comforting creamy honey scent with pieces of oatmeal in the lushious creamy soap.

A citrus sheabased soap - not for sale on the site. Rich and creamy, and smells like Lemon Curd but milder. Very very nice! I've got mine in the kitchen, but it's perfect as a guest soap or bathroom soap as well. Fresh, tart and sweet, mild but not too mild... Lovely

A Honeysuckle sheabased soap - not for sale on the site either. This is the most beautiful soap of the bunch, and reminds me of real Italian icecream - so does the citrus one - but the Honeysuckle is like sorbet and high quality icecream mixed together...the pinky purple being the sorbet and the creamy pink being the icecream. The scent is sweet, again not overpowering, a little bit floral and I would say a girly scent - although the SO really loves it - caught him leaning over the soap holder drawing looong sniffs Laughing I can't really describe the scent - but I love it loads

Peaches and Cream - Although I was pretty reluctant I gave this one as a thankyou gift to a friend I was staying with in Berlin a few weeks ago. But I know that the base is shea butter and has the same creamy luxury quality as my other soaps - and the scent was peachy creamy summery and happy. My friend was appropriatly happy about the gift for the hurt of giving it away to pass Very Happy

Almond Amaretto - haven't tried this one yet! But it looks and smells great (through the pretty cellophane bag)

I am BLOWN away by the texture and scent of Candessence soaps. And the fact that they rinse off so easily when they are so creamy - a wonder if you ask me. The quality of these soaps is probably TOO good, coz these bars last absolute AGES!!! and that's why my review/s is/are incomplete - We've only actually managed to finish off 2 soaps - and that's with daily family usage (includeing showering)!

Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:20 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the awesome review, Ruth! Candy's soaps really are fabulous, and now you've got me adding a few more to my "I want" list!

Mary Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:57 am      Reply with quote
Mary H. wrote:
Thanks for the awesome review, Ruth! Candy's soaps really are fabulous, and now you've got me adding a few more to my "I want" list!

Mary Very Happy

Thankyou and You're welcome Very Happy

...and now I suppose we can sit back and wait for Mel to come running screeching in the nude...again Laughing

MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
Ruth wrote:
Mary H. wrote:

Mary Very Happy

Thankyou and You're welcome Very Happy

...and now I suppose we can sit back and wait for Mel to come running screeching in the nude...again Laughing

I am hereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!! and dressed for once!!! Laughing .
and I'd like to add, I too had a parcel full of soaps that I had not tried, I was reluctant only due to my extremely sensitive nose and migraines...but starting about a month and half ago, I've been pulling them out..OMG her soaps are very very rich and creamy ( I truely truely was floored) I expected to think they were ok, and scared I'd be ko'd with a migraine. I am a soap snob and have been since about 20 yr old. I havent used a drug store soap since childhood. These thing rival anything I already love and no headache!!!!!!! I have about 4 open in my soap dish, I can't go thru one, I keep adding new flavors...
they also leave my skin very hydrated..soft..and they rock!! I did email Candy telling her I loved the lemon rosemary but had an issue with all the rosemary still in my tub.....she ummmm very kindly explained to me, as you would a child, that ummmmm its for the kitchen, to eliminate smells off your hand....boy did I feel stupid, it had been my fav bath soap of em all!!!! Laughing
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2007 6:05 am      Reply with quote
You're such a cutie Mel Laughing

System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:30 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |