Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
any Cetaphil users?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
cbrooke
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:39 am      Reply with quote
I am a huge Dermalogica devotee however I am really trying to save money this year so I was thinking of switching to Cetaphil cleanser and moisturizer. I have heard lots of good things about Cetaphil and that it's recommended by dermatologists, but then I read lots of bad reviews on MUA??? Anyway, I am VERY scared to give up my Dermaologica microfoliant, so I may have to still splurge on that but switch to Cetaphil cleanser and moisturizer...what do you guys think?
salli
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:48 am      Reply with quote
I use the Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser, actually I use the CVS brand of this and have for years. I like it, particularly for the price. I have never used their moisturizer.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
I have used the cetaphil gentle cleanser and the one for normal skin. I don't like the genltler one. It basically has no fragrance and just isn't the same as the normal one. I also don't think it cleans as good as the normal cleanser.I broke out while using the gentler one. But I really love the normal stuff-can't remember if its normal to oily or normal to dry, but no matter. The only downside with me is that the ph is too high for me to apply products immediately after, so I was thinking of trying something else, but don't dare.
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
I keep coming back to cetephil cleanser and moisturizer. I've used 100 different brands...some high priced and I always come back. I use the thick moisturizer (the cream in the tub) on really cold winter nights when my skin is really dry. And in the summer when its really humid I find that just wiping the cleanser off with a dry towel leaves enough moisture for my skin. I'm not using the moisturizer with spf anymore b/c it BURNS my eyes like crazy if it gets anywhere close. I use the lotion in the bottle when my skin is normal. Long story short...I love the stuff. It has never broken me out and it has helped heal my skin more times then I can count. I know a lot of people hate the stuff but not me! I have used Dermalogica...I'm not sure what you are using but the special cleansing gel and the cetephil for oily skin ( the one that foams) are similar. And the active moist and the cetephil lotion are similar. I say similiar in texture and feel...ingredients are obviously different. Good luck on cost cutting!
Sundew
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
I used the Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar (Antibacterial) for awhile. I don't think it caused any problems but my skin did its first big turn around once I switched to a truely gentle cleanser. I would like to find a more affordable cleanser but I'm too scared to switch.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
Oh...thank you sooo much! Right now I am using special cleansing gel and itensive moisture balance (skin smoothing cream in summer). I LOVE the SCG best because it rinses so clean and leaves my face with a squeaky-clean feeling, that is why I am scared to try the Cetaphil cleanser Rolling Eyes But won't know until I try I guess!
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
I have a sample bottle of Cetaphil cleanser that I received in the mail. I have not finished the bottle, but tried it 3 times now. I don't know what the fuss is about. I am not sure what to like or dislike about the product since I can't tell what it does for me.
snowie_bunny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
I have used up one big bottle of cleanser. They are just mild but cleanse very well. My husband is using it as well.
raindrop921
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
i really liked the cetaphile tub/jar moisturizer. It is the most moisturizering cream i've every used. So much better than any other high notch cream. I put it on at night and the next morning I still feel smooth and soft. I love love it. I really like how there's no scent.
But with the face wash, i didn't like at all. Yes it was extremely gentle, but it hardly removed any of my MMU and I didn't feel my face was really clean afterwards.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
I personally thought Cetaphil was horrible. Everybody recommended it for my combo oily, breakout prone skin, so I thought, yay! maybe a HG!!! Laughing
Yeah right. Did not take off one bit of makeup, and left a disgusting film on my face. Definately not a good clean feeling. Sad To add insult to injury, it also broke me out verrryy badly. I used the normal one.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
I've used the cleanser for years & love it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
Cetaphil cleanser is one of my favorite cleanser but I don't think it can be a replacement to microfoliant. Cetaphil cleanser is not an exfoliator.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
Love it! would not be without it. It does remind me of dermologia products. It is gentle and cleans excellent
anixia
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
I like the Cetaphil lotion and cream and use one or the other almost every day depending on how dry my skin is or what the season is. Im not as fond of the cleanser but its nice if you do an oopsy with another product and your skin is irritated so you need something gentle.

5% products discount

Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
I have tried the moisturizer and it moisturized my skin pretty well without any irritation.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
I am a fan of Cetaphil cleansers but I don't like their moisterizers at all.
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
I use it to remove makeup. A dermatologist put an anti-biotic in a base of cetaphil as I couldn't use a gel base at the time.
kpage828
5% products discount

Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
I can't tell the difference between Cetaphil and Dermalogica's ultra gentle cleanser.

5% products discount

Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
I have oily skin, and I use the cetaphil cleanser for NORMAL to OILY skin. this is important--the gentle cleanser is far too rich for my skin, and would not remove all my oil makeup, etc. Just a tip for those who have not liked the cetaphil cleanser...
FaithTruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
Don't! I just switched from Cetaphil to Sectro Jel after years of using Cetaphil and my skin has improved alot. Cetaphil has detergents and irritants.
skim
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:35 pm      Reply with quote
Cetaphil for normal to oily skin was my HG for a while-- it really gets the make-up off without drying my skin. But I found out the pH is around 7, so I switched to an oil based cleanser and cream cleanser with a lower pH because I use a BHA after cleansing.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:07 pm      Reply with quote
Have bought the cleanser from Cetaphil as the price is so good.
pickiis
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:19 am      Reply with quote
It's probably ok if u dun have particular skin problem like acne. I'm prone to acne and clog pores, and cetaphil doesnt help at all. Unless i have perfect skin, otherwise, im not game enough to try it again.

5% products discount

Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:03 am      Reply with quote
I was attracted by the price and reviews about it. It is good, very gentle to my skin. Really worth the money.
jacque
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:14 am      Reply with quote
tired the cleanser before, very mild, very nice!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:22 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |