Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Osea Ocean Cleanser
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:33 am      Reply with quote
amylola wrote:
OK I think I may have figured out what this rash thing is - I remembered the other night when I had the white algae mask on I went to open the dishwasher to get a sippy cup for my daughter, and it was still hot, so a wave of hot air kind of hit me in the face - now the same area, around mouth nose above lip, chin, has the rash!!! Please please please tell me that this is going to heal and not be like this forever! My face is just so bumpy, little tiny bumps. Im so worried that I may have permanent damage????

amylola,

do not fear! in that case, i am sure that what you have is just plain old dermatitis, which will go away in time. Your skin just reacted to the hot air + the mask en meme temps. I am positive this will not be forever. my recent reaction lasted about a week, and i was patient and let it run its course until it formed a scaley crust, which i then exfoliated systematically over the course of about four days. like you, i sincerely thought that the texture of my skin had just suddenly changed forever. it might be a form of heat rash, too--my boyfriend got sun/heat poisoning in mexico last year and his poor back was covered in spots and tiny skin colored bumps. everyone's skin reacts differently to everything--just be happy that you found the cause--because there is nothing worse than not knowing what is breaking you out!

have faith! have faith! and treat it nice!

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:35 am      Reply with quote
oh, just wanted to add, since it might not be clear from my previous post, that what you describe sounds like classic mild dermatitis on facial skin.

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:37 am      Reply with quote
I agree with avalange. At least now you know what causes it so you can avoid it in the future. I have similar reaction to heat, but only on my body. But since it's on my body I just treat it with Jurlique Calendula Cream and use a really gentle body cleanser. I really hope your skin gets better soon.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:37 am      Reply with quote
THank you avalange!!!
I was starting to think that my skin was going to be forever changed, like those older men you see sometimes with the funky skin texture!
I will look up dermatitis and see if there is anything else to do for it.
Thanks - amy
amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:38 am      Reply with quote
I have some WEleda skin food, I wonder if I should put some of that on it?
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:21 am      Reply with quote
amylola wrote:
I have some WEleda skin food, I wonder if I should put some of that on it?

Weleda Skin Food *is* wonderful for burns and such and is likely to help your problem. however, i found Skin Food too rich for my face (this is me, not necessarily you) and it broke me out. just wanted you to be aware.... if you do a search, i think Skin Food saved Mebsy's skin when she got too much sun and she had no problems whatsoever. i also think that it may not break you out when you really need it (like now) versus using it when your skin isn't in need (like when i used it). does that make sense?
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:52 am      Reply with quote
update on the osea (not to derail the thread from its current derailment) - last night I used the red algae mask. I was in my steamy bathroom so it didn't really dry, and when I tried to take it off, it felt like trying to wash off butter with plain water. So I whip out the cleansing milk, and that felt like it helped a bit in getting this layer of goo off. I look in the mirror and practically scream because my mascara has gone absolutely everywhere, has mixed with the oils from the mask and the milk, and now I just look like a greasy freakshow. So I turn to the ocean cleanser and that seemed to get everything off. I was a little horrified.

But I woke up this morning and my face is soft and clear. Like La vie, I'm finding that there is some sort of strong anti inflammatory effect in these products (not just the mud), because since I started using it, the little spots where I can tell a pimple is brewing in the evening are now completely inactive in the morning -- I wouldn't say it immediately unclogs the pore, but it really removes redness and inflammation. So lesson learned, let the mask dry first, and take off mascara ahead of time.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:53 am      Reply with quote
I understand completely La Vie, I think I'll just let nature take its course - just keep using oils and hopefully it will heal sooner than later.
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:54 am      Reply with quote
waffle -- we'll just call you tammy faye from now on Bad Grin
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:56 am      Reply with quote
amylola wrote:
I understand completely La Vie, I think I'll just let nature take its course - just keep using oils and hopefully it will heal sooner than later.

or maybe mix a little Skin Food with your oils to get a lighter version???
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:57 am      Reply with quote
also, amylola (and other dermatitis victims)
I get this sort of often and mine is allergy related (some known, some I haven't figured out yet). What really works for me is Peter Thomas Roth Aloe-Cort -- it's a very lightweight lotion with 1% hydrocortisone (totally fine to use for a week or so)and other anti-inflammatories that does not make you break out, and it really really helps. I got it originally when I got poison oak on my face and of course I had to have the $30 hydrocortisone (my family was totally disgusted with me but I was NOT about to put that greasy drugstore ointment on my face!)

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:59 am      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:

it was remarkably similar to tammy faye after a good jesus inspired crying jag Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:44 am      Reply with quote
waffle wrote:
la vie en rose wrote:

it was remarkably similar to tammy faye after a good jesus inspired crying jag Laughing

waffle,

i used to think of you as one of those serious down home sunday waffle house devotees, and then i envisioned you as one of those adorable young camoflauge girls, but now i think you look like an over-the hill televangelist trophy wife! please rectify!
re: algae masks: since they do have the algae gels as the main ingredient, they are kind of difficult to wash off, as they tend to 'melt' off the skin. i am sure that by using the milk you made things worse. i usually enlist the help of a clean damp washcloth and that does the trick just fine.

your story was hilarious though! and, in my exp, the cleansing milk does remove mascara--is it not yours? it can make my eyes sting a little, but their eye makeup remover also makes my eyes sting. go figure.

--avalange

ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
If I don't dig the Organic Pharmacy carrot butter cleanser, my next choice is OSEA cleansing mud. Smile

I'm only allowing myself to try one thing at a time...it's hard though! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
the milk normally removes my mascara, but I think it smeared into the mask, and the mask was determined to stay, so...bad result. I've been using the milk in conjunction with my dermalogica microfoliant, which works great -- keeps it from drying out my face.
I would prefer that you think of me as a former televangelist with smeary mascara that, after some hard luck, has to get a job at Camouflage. After a long hard day of selling $50 pairs of panties and *other items from the back room* she goes to the neighborhood wafflehouse to cry into a belgian covered in coolwhip because she is so shamed by her wicked job.
how's that? (nah, when I worked there I was 21 and had sassy short black hair, now I'm a boring grad student)

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
ParisTroika wrote:
If I don't dig the Organic Pharmacy carrot butter cleanser, my next choice is OSEA cleansing mud. Smile

I'm only allowing myself to try one thing at a time...it's hard though! Laughing

did you give up on the 100% pure eucalyptus seafoam stuff? I remember you liking it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
waffle wrote:
the milk normally removes my mascara, but I think it smeared into the mask, and the mask was determined to stay, so...bad result. I've been using the milk in conjunction with my dermalogica microfoliant, which works great -- keeps it from drying out my face.
I would prefer that you think of me as a former televangelist with smeary mascara that, after some hard luck, has to get a job at Camouflage. After a long hard day of selling $50 pairs of panties and *other items from the back room* she goes to the neighborhood wafflehouse to cry into a belgian covered in coolwhip because she is so shamed by her wicked job.
how's that? (nah, when I worked there I was 21 and had sassy short black hair, now I'm a boring grad student)

oh my GOD! I had a nearly black (ok, "deeply espresso," by feria, very sassy, chunky 'bob' when i worked at ID. and I was also 21. and NOW I am a boring grad student!!!!! how bizarre! Now if you tell me that you study comparative literature, that will be real voodoo. ah. the good old days... I sigh when I think of Santa Cruz, and I'm itching to get back! i love that the scents of rosemary, jasmine, and the ocean accost you when you walk outdoors at any season...

re: the back room, oh my, I'll bet you have stories!!!!

--avalange

waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
avalange -- I miss warm saturdays walking along westcliff and coming back in late afternoon to get a bloody mary at the red room, right around the time that old guy with the ancient black lab would come in and start drinking irish coffee...I LOVE the smell of hot afternoon sun hitting dusty red velvet with a little whiff of coffee and old paintings of beauty queens in the background! *sigh* I love santa cruz in the summer when all the students are gone.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
So for all of you whom have had this contact dermatitis, how long would you say it takes to go away fully? It's been about 4 days now, and still there, I am getting discouraged. Also I am wearing makeup over it, cause I have to its so ugly!, do you think that is OK?
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
amylola wrote:
So for all of you whom have had this contact dermatitis, how long would you say it takes to go away fully? It's been about 4 days now, and still there, I am getting discouraged. Also I am wearing makeup over it, cause I have to its so ugly!, do you think that is OK?

dear amylola,

i think a full week, unfortunately... i am sure that it will resolve itself on its own, maybe continue with the antihistamines, or get some cortisone cream? any other ideas?

--avalange

p.s. to waffle, don't want to hijack this thread, i could talk about SC all day and night!

waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:53 pm      Reply with quote
amylola wrote:

is it starting to feel a little more dry now? Usually that's the sign that it's finishing up. I will start to feel a bit scaly, as avalange put it. When I've gotten it, it's taken up to a week to get to that point, then another week to slough off the dry scaliness it leaves behind.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
waffle wrote:
ParisTroika wrote:

did you give up on the 100% pure eucalyptus seafoam stuff? I remember you liking it.

I still like it, but I'm super lazy in eye makeup removal and prefer for my cleanser to do double duty...and this stuff burns like mad if you get it near your eye.
It's still a great cleanser though!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
No it's not feeling dry yet. I mean its a litttle dry, but not peely dry yet. I guess maybe a couple more days to go! Thanks.
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
regarding the osea d**count, Melissa just emailed me and said that they changed over to a new shopping cart module and the box for the code temporarily disappeared. But it's back now, so she said that she extends her apologies to anyone this might have frustrated in the past few days. To recapitulate, osea is offering a generous introductory d*scount to EDS members for a limited time, so if you are interested, you can pm me or la vie en rose for the code. And to reiterate, please do not post or pass the code, since osea is a very small business who only uses high quality, expensive ingredients and wants to pass those on to the consumer. enjoy, ladies!

--avalange

Patty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
Avalange, did you get my pm?

I would like to ask for a summary from all of you Osea users. The must haves from Osea are?????

Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:19 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |