Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Osea Ocean Cleanser
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
Tamgirl - Avalange posted somewhere (I think in this thread) about thinning the APC down. I've tried to look but I could not find it, sorry. Did you give up the Obagi?

Got and used my Black Algae mask yesterday/last night. It feels kind of "pasty" going on and a little gritty. I left it on for 20 minutes and per instructions wet fingers and massaged for more exfoliation. After I rinsed this off, I definitely had a "brighter" complexion. Not sure how to describe it other than "brighter". No freckle diminishing or anything like that (don't want to confuse anyone). My skin looked really good and was very soft. I will definitely use this several times a week. I Like!

On another note, I decided to stop using everything else except for Osea and I am going to try the cleanser, mist, oil, and APC only for 1 month and see what happens. My skin seems to really like these products and I want to give them a chance on their own without using anything else.

I also tried the atmosphere cream this morning and I really liked this. It is very light and you can't tell you have this on under sunscreen either!

Just thought I would share!
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Tamgirl - Avalange posted somewhere (I think in this thread) about thinning the APC down. I've tried to look but I could not find it, sorry. Did you give up the Obagi?

Thanks rileygirl, I'll try to find it. And to answer your question, I haven't given up the Obagi. I'm still using it full time, but I occassionally have a day that I have to take off from it when I start to get too irritated. I don't mind redness/peeling but the irritation isn't good and shouldn't be expected on this program. I don't know why so many people think it's okay to be in pain!

Anyways, I got the Osea since people here mentioned it helped a lot with redness and I even read somewhere (MUA?) that someone on Obagi had great success in reducing their redness with APC on off days. I was pretty much out of anything normal to use and thought this sensitive skin travel kit would be perfect to try. So far I really do like all of the products! They just seem to give my skin that "ahhhh" sensation. Laughing
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
I emailed Osea asking if I could purchase samples and my skin type, I was met with a prompt response saying to simply send my address and they send me some!

Truly awesome! I'm still interested in the cleansing mudd as perhaps a twice weekly treatment or something like that. I'm not a mask person, but CareKate's brightening mask has really gotten me into them, that's my next task....finding a good mask besides CKs!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
That makes sense, Tamgirl! Paris - I am not a mask person either, but the black algae may be what you are looking for as far as "brightening"!
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
I actually will probably stick with CareKate's for brightening...I can't give up a good thing!
Her mask also helps my blemishes...(I'm having a bout of hormonal freak out..and stress probably has something to do with it too)

But one can never have too many masks!

Which one is recommended (or would EDSers recommend) for oil/acne/angry face?

Hopefully they'll send me a sample of a mask.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
I hate FedEx, now. Its 8:30pm where's my package!! I've been sitting here in writhing in agony, because my SO will defiantly see the price and scream (although I did get a discount, it will not reflect that on this bill). FedEx said it was out for delivery this morning. I just hope they change their minds because of the time, and redeliver tomorrow.

I wish I had a mask reccomendation for ya, but I haven't tried any yet. I do want to try the OP one, you should get that. heh

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
FedEx has done that to me...so has UPS.

It'll say "out for delivery" and then...time...passes.

I'll recheck and it'll say something to the effect of "delivery exception" or "delivery rescheduled"

I always get mad "I didn't SAY YOU COULD RESCHEDULE!!!"

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:

Got and used my Black Algae mask yesterday/last night. It feels kind of "pasty" going on and a little gritty. I left it on for 20 minutes and per instructions wet fingers and massaged for more exfoliation. After I rinsed this off, I definitely had a "brighter" complexion. Not sure how to describe it other than "brighter". No freckle diminishing or anything like that (don't want to confuse anyone). My skin looked really good and was very soft. I will definitely use this several times a week. I Like!

Thanks for the review. Hope you keep us posted on it. Have you tried any other masks?

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
ParisTroika wrote:

I always get mad "I didn't SAY YOU COULD RESCHEDULE!!!"

lol, paris.
you eased my mind, thank you.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
Understand completley Paris. I don't like giving up good things either! Zumlya, I tried a only 1 sample of the white algae mask. It was nice, nothing outstanding on the 1st use for me though. I "think" the red algae is for the acne prone skin, but don't quote me!
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
Please please more ppl chime in on the masks. I'm delaying my order since they haven't got Canadian shipping set up on the check out yet (it's a few dollars cheaper than international). Unfortunately they don't send just samples internationally as the first time I asked that question was ignored and the 2nd time I didn't even get a reply Mad
So I want to wait a bit before I order the full size masks, therefore PLEASE more people review them! Pray
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
sormuimui wrote:
Please please more ppl chime in on the masks. I'm delaying my order since they haven't got Canadian shipping set up on the check out yet (it's a few dollars cheaper than international). Unfortunately they don't send just samples internationally as the first time I asked that question was ignored and the 2nd time I didn't even get a reply Mad
So I want to wait a bit before I order the full size masks, therefore PLEASE more people review them! Pray

I liked the red algae mask (for congested skin) but I wouldn't say it was life changing -- I guess my skin was pretty clear after I used it, but there wasn't any OMGOMG factor. I know avalange loves the white mask, but she also isn't acne prone (which I believe you are, right?) so it may not be what you're looking for. Unless you're a big mask person, I don't think it's necessary. I would think the mudd will be the better use of the money.

ETA: I don't think I've ever used a mask that made me want to marry it, so maybe I'm just not a mask person. I do want to try the umbrian clay one from Fresh though.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:31 am      Reply with quote
I tried my sample of the white algae mask last night as I have been having a 'dull' skin week as been really tired and rushed off my feet. It's weird - I wasn't expecting great things as its fairly 'boring' to use and apply, no yummy smell or texture for example. Still left it on for 20 mins then rinsed off.

My skin looked really nice after and felt really smooth - and still did when I washed my face this morning. It didn't feel moisturising but my skin looked more hydrated after using the mask, I too had that 'brighter' look to my skin. It just generally looked and felt better - no miracles but I will definitely be getting this at some point. For comparison I get similar results from Dr Haushkas rejuvinating mask but while that feels moisturising and sinks so would probably not be good for anyone with oily or breakout prone skin, this is more like a 'traditional' mask and left me skin feeling very clean whereas the Dr H feels like I have applied a product.
So when my DrH runs out I will probably get a full size of this. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:59 am      Reply with quote
sormuimui wrote:

They do ship samples to Canada. I phoneed them yesterday since, although I send my address, I didn't get a reply that they were shipped. Apparently, it takes longer since they have to bring the internatinals (I guess they wait till they have a few) down to the post office to fill out those cute little forms Rolling Eyes Call them. They are also in the process of adjusting the shipping to Canada...you can click on the regular international shipping in the meantime & phone them to adjust for the difference. They are really nice & try to be as accomodating as possible Smile
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:20 am      Reply with quote
I've tried a sample the white algae mask and LOVED it... My skin is in serious need of mositure right now. Dr. H rejuvenating asmk didn't do it and neither did PSF hydrating mask. The white algae left my skin plumper and brighter.

I also tried a sample of the mud cleanser and HATED it! It has some sort of mint thing in it taht made my skin tingle and my eyes water. I thought I'd have an allergic reaction and promptky washed it off. My skin continued tingling - actually more like throbbing. After a while, I put the white algae on and things were better.
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
Agent OO-CAT - I LOVE the tingle in the mud cleanser! Laughing It's so perfect to help wake me up in the morning. It doesn't make my eyes water, but I keep it well away from them. I believe someone said it has peppermint EO in it which is what causes the sensation. I find it pretty mild although it does make me feel like it gets the blood flowing. I even think it helped my lips this morning. They were MUCH pinker/puffier than they usually are after my first L2K application. And since this is just a cleanser, it shouldn't counteract that system in anyway. Very Happy

I am planning to try the white algae mask tonight and can't wait! Is there a trick to using it? Perhaps some of those that are saying it didn't plump didn't put on enough?
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Tamgirl,

No, I don't think there's any trick. The first time I put a thin layer and left it for 20 min. The second time, after the mud experience (shudders), I left it on for longer (perhaps 30min). Apaprently youc an leave it on overnighta s well. I am a bit wary as I am prone to breakouts. BTW, how do you not get a cleanser near your eyes when you wash it off?? I rubbed it in and then took water in the palm of my ahnds and washed off. Is this not how to do it?
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
Agent OO-CAT wrote:
Hi Tamgirl,

No, I don't think there's any trick. The first time I put a thin layer and left it for 20 min. The second time, after the mud experience (shudders), I left it on for longer (perhaps 30min). Apaprently youc an leave it on overnighta s well. I am a bit wary as I am prone to breakouts. BTW, how do you not get a cleanser near your eyes when you wash it off?? I rubbed it in and then took water in the palm of my ahnds and washed off. Is this not how to do it?

I wet my face a bit and then rub the mud cleanser on with my fingertips. I only rub it over my face but stay far from the eye area. I actually massage it into my skin (targeting larger pore areas) for a few minutes. Then I wet and ring out a washcloth and gently remove the cleanser with it. Works like a charm and as long as you don't drench the washcloth, you shouldn't get anything even close to your eyes. HTH! Very Happy
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
I applied both the black and white pretty thick. I was not chincy. The white mask didn't have the WOW effect for me. The black algae, well I would not call it a WOW, but there was a noticeable difference in the brightness. No plumping of my skin with either. Good luck Tamgirl!
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
I applied the white algae mask pretty thinly actually and it seemed to disappear on the dryer areas.
Someone asked how to remove the masks - I used a muslin facial cloth wrung out in warm water to remove it then splashed to finish off.

I have also been experimenting with the APC - t apply it 'neat'it spreads better on slightly damp skin for day time(I used the mist) and warmed first with my fingers, I also used it mixed with the facial oil (applied the oil to my face as per directions then warmed the APC in my fingers and applied).

Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
i'm remaining silent about the masks because i'm still kind of making up my mind. avalange loves and swears by the White Algae, but she has perfect glowy skin. i tried this when my face was still recovering from the shea butter incident and then decided i should hold off using it again until my face cleared just to be safe. it felt nice, didn't break me out, yada yada, but if it made my skin any better i wasn't noticing it because of the cysts on my face Rolling Eyes i will try it again this weekend as my skin is *almost* back to normal.

in the meanwhile, i've tried the Red Algae mask and, again, no huge noticible effects. however, i do believe it has helped me heal my breakout (whereas the PSF did not), and it can be used as a spot-treatment at night with good results (something i tried with the mudd and didn't work). avalange isn't particularly crazy about this mask, but again, her face is perfect. is this the best out there for congested, broken out skin? i can't say that it is. however, it does seem to help clear up the face without sucking all the moisture which is a huge plus. and my face does seem to just love the algae....

ParisTroika -- if Carekate's mask is working for you, by all means don't stop using it. i am a firm believer in "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." the Cleansing Mudd might be a fun alternative, however, when you want to use Carrie's mask, but don't have the time.

and to Agent OO-Cat who couldn't take it, i'm so sorry. i really do love it, but see how it might be too much for some skins. if you're brave enough to try it again, the sting is definitely worse the first time you use it. and, by all means, avoid the eyes!!! and, yogi, i'm sorry it didn't work for your nose Sad how did the rest of your face look though???

lastly, i'd like to post an unexpected rave for their Essential Hydrating Oil. i didn't order it as i already use and love Candy's, but recieved it in one of my kits and took it away with me on holiday. the air was much dryer where we stayed and my skin was just parched. i'd brought nothing in terms of moisturisers but the APC and felt my skin needed more. i would have been loathe to use this all over my face until i saw the ingredients and smelled it. Geranium oil was the strongest to my nose (bad allergies) and i *hate* geranium. my face, however, loves it. at my most acne prone, this EO always seemed to work for me. so i rolled quite a bit of it over my face, put some APC diluted with sea kelp and beta glucens (i'd brought a tiny container as i don't like to use APC full strength at night) and my face just glowed the next morning, beaming with hydration and the cysts even further healed. i don't think this oil replaces Candy's for under my eyes, but as a facial oil it is definitely something i will be ordering a full size of.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:

ParisTroika -- if Carekate's mask is working for you, by all means don't stop using it. i am a firm believer in "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." the Cleansing Mudd might be a fun alternative, however, when you want to use Carrie's mask, but don't have the time.

Exactly!!! I'd like some more masks that maybe do different things. I love CareKate's mask sooo much Smile
Never thought I'd turn into a mask person Laughing

I want to be one of those people who sits in the bathtub with candles and a mask on my face...I've repented from my anti-mask ways!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:24 pm      Reply with quote
ParisTroika wrote:
I want to be one of those people who sits in the bathtub with candles and a mask on my face...I've repented from my anti-mask ways!

then you definitely want to try the White Algae, by far the most romantic....

in my household we have names for masks, so my boyfriend knows what to expect. in Osea's case, they would thusly be categorised:
White Algae -- Kabuki Girl
Black Algae -- Al Jolson
Red Algae -- Inca Girl
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the reviews! I already have an HG moisturizing mask but I'm someone who's always looking for the perfect mask that does everything. La Vie, the White Algae is supposed to soothe as well, does it help take away redness from your cysts or your skin in general? If it just hydrates I might not get that yet as I still love my Valmont Nature.

I'd like to know more about the Black Algae, not as interested in the Red Algae as my Earth to Body mask is HG status for me and no matter what other deep cleansing masks I try I find I always go back to that one.

Thanks!
Shawna
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
I just got an email from Melissa a day or two ago saying that she sent samples out to me. Yay! I'll be sure to post reviews once I've tried them. Smile
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:23 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |