Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
:: Review :: Osea Ocean Cleanser
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
How much do you guys use for the APC? I mean it'll take me forever to get through the travel sizes it seems and I feel like the full will end up lasting me years and years if I choose to get it. I only use a swipe of my middle finger over the surface and seems to be enough (well maybe a little more) but that's it. However I do seem to use more of the Chrysalyx, maybe due to the fact it's hard to get a "bead" size out from the APC since it's firmer and more balmy.

I also want to ask, I do still get regular acne here and there which have no correlation with the products I use, how do I know if a product breaks me out then?
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
sormuimui wrote:
I used my mudd again this morning and I paid more attention to the "refresh" factor - it smells minty due to the peppermint and if your skin can handle it it'd be great for mornings. It leaves my skin minty - not to the point of tingly but I hope that makes sense. The mudd is more drying than the ocean cleanser even though it's pretty non-drying for a mudd.

btw, lynn did you get to try the APC? Was wondering what you think of it? On application I don't find it THAT hydrating but it might be giving me lots of moisture, I just don't 'feel' it, so wondering if it's moisturizing enough for really dry skin like yours.

sormuimui,

I'm sorry I can't comment on APC as I haven't gotten around to using it yet.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
sormuimui wrote:
How much do you guys use for the APC? I mean it'll take me forever to get through the travel sizes it seems and I feel like the full will end up lasting me years and years if I choose to get it. I only use a swipe of my middle finger over the surface and seems to be enough (well maybe a little more) but that's it. However I do seem to use more of the Chrysalyx, maybe due to the fact it's hard to get a "bead" size out from the APC since it's firmer and more balmy.

I also want to ask, I do still get regular acne here and there which have no correlation with the products I use, how do I know if a product breaks me out then?

sormuimui -- as far as knowing what breaks you out, it's hard. If a product is breaking me out due to an irritant, it shows up pretty quickly in the form of shallow, red, small surface pimples and whiteheads which I don't ever get normally. It's harder when it's resembling my hormonal acne, which tends to be less red but swollen and takes a few days to go way (not cystic). I generally recognize it is product related when acne starts showing up in places it normally doesn't (on my cheeks) or if it seems like new zits are appearing at a steady rate, rather than in response to, say, a stressful day. These days I rarely break out so the slow build up of congested pores and then the steady appearence ofseveral zits in the past few days led me to believe it was the APC. Sure enough, I go to my old stand by moisturizer and no new ones have formed since.
I'm not sure what ingredient it is, but it might be jojoba, which has been a problem for me when I've used it neat. It is in the cleansers, but since that isn't left on the skin I think it's different.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:21 am      Reply with quote
I tried the Cleansing milk and I have to say out of all of Osea's cleansers I like this one the least. Now in comparison with my all time fav cleansing milks - this is lighter and cleaner than Dr.H. However my HG Primavera feels even cleaner than the Osea. The textures are similar but when I massage it on my face the Osea feels richer than the Primavera yet not as soothing. Needless to say this will not be on my repurchase list nor do I think it's worth the extra bucks comparatively.
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:18 am      Reply with quote
re: the APC, mine usually lasts about 8 months. You just have to be careful because there are not a lot of preservatives in this cream, so I try to use one of those little plastic spatulas to get the cream out, and usually forego that tactic when I'm at the end of the cream. I've never had one spoil on me, but I take the precaution just in case. That said, I'm really stingy with my APC, since I never want it to run out. That's why I tend to mix it with other oils and actives (sometimes just a little HA), which works beautifully to make it more spreadable and also extends its life. Once a week I layer it over weleda's rose oil caps as a night cream treatment--it is only then that I apply it thicker, like a balm. The cream is so concentrated and active, I never feel like I'm diluting it so much as to render it ineffective.

re: the cleansing milk--I do actually think it is a good deal, because there is so much product in the cleanser, and one bottle can last you a year, used twice daily. In fact, the same goes for all the cleansers. I paid about 15 Euros for a Sanoflore cleanser (rosewood and argan foaming cleanser--bought when I was having hormonal/allergic breakouts and the only thing that seemed to calm them was rose otto, rosewater toner, and rosewood EO), and using that about three times per week in the shower, plus using it consistently for a week when I first bought it, ran out in three months.

I love the cleansing milk because it does exactly what I want it to do: leaves my skin clean, healthy, glowing, no film, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion! Wink In fact, I love the idea of cleansing milks in general--they are the best option for dry, aging skin by far. I would have never thought to use one before I turned 30.

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:28 am      Reply with quote
avalange: can you clarify how much exactly you use? I dampen my face with a spritzer to help it spread but sometimes I'm not sure whether I have too little to spread my whole face or whether my face just isn't moist enough so I want to hear how much people actually use for their whole face.

Also I want to clarify, I do think the cleansing milk is a good product and worth the money itself, I just meant that since I like my HG more that I wouldn't pay an extra 2 dollars and shipping to get the Osea one. I do think it's worth the price over the Dr.H though. I was just hoping since it's more expensive and there are so many raves it might perform better than the Primavera. Although I must say every single cream or cleanser has lasted a very long time with me even if I use it generously 2x daily. I'm not sure why but what people use up in three months takes me 6 months, I've actually always wondered how much product people actually use to use it up so quickly. Maybe I just have a small face Laughing

TIA
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:06 am      Reply with quote
avalange wrote:
re: the APC, mine usually lasts about 8 months. You just have to be careful because there are not a lot of preservatives in this cream, so I try to use one of those little plastic spatulas to get the cream out, and usually forego that tactic when I'm at the end of the cream. I've never had one spoil on me, but I take the precaution just in case. That said, I'm really stingy with my APC, since I never want it to run out. That's why I tend to mix it with other oils and actives (sometimes just a little HA), which works beautifully to make it more spreadable and also extends its life. Once a week I layer it over weleda's rose oil caps as a night cream treatment--it is only then that I apply it thicker, like a balm. The cream is so concentrated and active, I never feel like I'm diluting it so much as to render it ineffective.

re: the cleansing milk--I do actually think it is a good deal, because there is so much product in the cleanser, and one bottle can last you a year, used twice daily. In fact, the same goes for all the cleansers. I paid about 15 Euros for a Sanoflore cleanser (rosewood and argan foaming cleanser--bought when I was having hormonal/allergic breakouts and the only thing that seemed to calm them was rose otto, rosewater toner, and rosewood EO), and using that about three times per week in the shower, plus using it consistently for a week when I first bought it, ran out in three months.

I love the cleansing milk because it does exactly what I want it to do: leaves my skin clean, healthy, glowing, no film, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion! Wink In fact, I love the idea of cleansing milks in general--they are the best option for dry, aging skin by far. I would have never thought to use one before I turned 30.

--avalange

Avalange, I'm just curious, how many pumps of the cleansers do you use? I am using 4, generally, and this puts nice coverage on a damp face. I only have the full-size of the mud but will be purchasing the Ocean at some point. I am going to do a test of the APC to see whether it agrees with my skin but may have to wait until after my peel is done as I don't want to slow it down by moisturizing it! I think the APTC does not agree with me but I will also test that again, as well, just to be sure. Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:11 am      Reply with quote
Alright, I tried the Mud cleanser last night for the first time. Woah, Nelly! My skin didn't respond like I expected.

I found it to be really refreshing and slightly tingling. There was nothing unpleasant about the sensation at all. Very nice. I think I used a little bit more than I have been with the Ocean cleanser - maybe a pea size amount, so still not a lot - and it never felt overwhelming.

However, I rinsed it off and dried my face and again found that my skin needed a good rubbing to ball up all of the dead/dry bits. (So weird... does anyone else's skin do this?) After I rinsed again, I looked in the mirror and my skin was *parched*. I swear it looked like a desert. Very scaly, dehydrated, and very tight, but smooth to the touch! I immediately followed with some of my Zenbiotics oxytoner, phyto moisture (first time I've used this in a while) and the ATPC. My skin felt very well hydrated and soft after this, so I was satisfied. Eventually, I am going to replace the phyto moisture with just some neat jojoba or maybe one of the Osea oils. As far as the oxytoner, I don't know what to replace that with. I might just hang onto it for now.

I think I'll get a small size of the mud cleanser, but use even less with each application. Testing the Osea products has been really interesting as I think I would now classify my skin as dry! I don't think I realized this before. I hadn't been planning on giving the cleansing milk a fair trial, but now with this realization I think I should. Smile
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:20 am      Reply with quote
That's so weird, Shawna!

You know, it also depends so much on what you've been putting on your face for the past month... Sometimes I can use glycolic acids with no tingling, other times, they make my skin cry!

re: usage of the cleansers, I only use about a pump and a half for each washing--I think four pumps might be overdoing it, or wasting unnecessary product. I find that my skin is very clean after this. But, like I said, living in Paris away from all my usual products, I'm stingy, stingy, stingy!

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:38 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, Avalange. I'll try smaller amounts to see how it works.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone else tried the Black Algae Mask? I'm really keen to try this after using the other masks. The Oils look nice too but would you use them under a moisturiser or are they really not needed item?
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:38 am      Reply with quote
I'd like to update - I have come to a conclusion that I DO like the APC more than Chrysalyx. Chrysalyx is light but feels more emollient and richer than APC. Both absorbs immediately but Chrysalyx FEELS more moisturizing (however I cannot tell whether it objectively IS more moisturizing or not as both gives my skin perfect moisture). APC sinks in immediately and gives a much matter finish which I attribute to the protective layer that other members have mentioned. I do not feel much of a protective layer honestly, the matteness feels sort of like when you have something cream to powder - it's very different from the type of protective layer you'd imagine (for example, from something like putting aloe vera on your face or kelp). I also got 2 zits on my forehead after using Chrysalyx which I am UNSURE whether it's from the Chrysalyx or just regular acne I get but I have not gotten much acne after using APC consecutively for a few days so I think my skin probably prefers APC.

Also I'm pretty sure I will repurchase both Mudd and Ocean cleanser - I like them more and more everyday, APC, Eyes and Lips (really does help my hereditary puffiness and gives me more moisture than Skincubed so this is my HG now), and the Red Algae Mask (it's similar to my Valmont Purifying Pack but my skin likes this way better).

I didn't get a sample of the Black Algae but would also appreciate any reviews for it particularly - is it an exfoliating mask ONLY or does it deep clean or hydrate as well? How does the results differ from say the Red Algae Mask? TIA
zumlya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:00 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone know if the peppermint in the mud cleanser is enough to aggrivate an extra oily face? I was warned of such things, although I continue to use and love the mud cleanser(in the morning).
I also received my ocean cleanser and love it for a ritual nightly cleanse; Although, I do notice a slight sting in my eye area. So, I opt to use a seperate mascara remover.
Lastly, I use the milk cleanse after a massage of OCM, which works out wonderfully.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:01 am      Reply with quote
zumlya wrote:
Does anyone know if the peppermint in the mud cleanser is enough to aggrivate an extra oily face? I was warned of such things, although I continue to use and love the mud cleanser(in the morning).
I also received my ocean cleanser and love it for a ritual nightly cleanse; Although, I do notice a slight sting in my eye area. So, I opt to use a seperate mascara remover.
Lastly, I use the milk cleanse after a massage of OCM, which works out wonderfully.

zum,

i have really sensitive eyes--even the milk cleanser makes them sting a bit... but they never look irritated in the end, so i've never added a separate cleanser for my eye makeup. and i've never had a problem! should, i, though???

--avalange

sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:33 am      Reply with quote
Tried the White Algae mask tonight after a few extractions hoping it would calm, soothe and rehydrate my face. On application it feels a lot like Jurlique's Deep Penetrating Mask without the nice citrus smell of Jurlique. It also dries a bit tighter than Jurlique. When I took it off it did take away the redness but my skin doesn't really feel rehydrated. Skin was slightly brighter but nothing to write home about. I've been using Phytomer's Desensitizing Mask before to take away redness and it works just as well but because it's a cream it feels more comfortable than a clay based mask. For hydration and brightness I still opt for my Nature Moisturizing Mask. For some reason the amount of hydration from using the White Algae is the same for me as the Red Algae, but obviously I expected a lot more on this front with the White Algae. Needless to say Red Algae is on my list for my next purchase while the White Algae is not.

Still hoping for some Black Algae reviews!
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:09 am      Reply with quote
I have something to say about the white algae mask... I noticed that my new bottle of it looks different, has a different texture than the one I'm used to, and definitely does not give me the 'wow' factor it used to... Needless to say, I'm a total paranoid woman, and I know this, so I thought I must be crazy. But I actually brought it up to Melissa, and indeed they did change the formulation a bit and they do know that it is not as wonderful as the old formulation. That is all the information I know--it's still a good mask, still achieves its effects, but isn't knock-your-socks off anymore.
I'm really hoping they will change it back--Melissa intimated that it is a minor thing, so hopefully they can tweak the formulation again to be better...
Will try to find out more and keep you guys posted.

--avalange

p.s. In the meantime, I love the black algae mask! This actually does give me the brightening/glowing effects that I used to associate with the white algae. I know I'm confusing!

sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:42 am      Reply with quote
avalange - what is the texture of the Black Algae like? Someone mentioned in previous pages that it was somewhat gritty - so is it like a mask that exfoliates with acids (something like the Green Apple Peel) that you can further exfoliate manually when you wash it off?

Also, is it drying by any chance? (it probably isn't as I haven't found any of their products to be, but asking just to make sure)
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:01 am      Reply with quote
I've loved the products I have from Osea so i've just gone and ordered myself some of the others, the Advanced Protection Cream, Red Algae Mask, Black Algae Mask and the Ocean Cleanser.

Sormuimui, my skin sounds a little like yours so i'm hoping that the APC will work for me. I have been using Chrysalyx which I really like but I really wanted to try the APC.
I have already used a sample of the Red Algae Mask which worked for me more than the White Algae and I am really looking forward to trying the Black Algae mask now.
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:25 am      Reply with quote
That sounds great Sel, I hope APC works for you too. I think if you're used to the Chrysalyx, the APC might not feel as moisturizing at first due to the different textures but unless you have really dry skin APC would probably be hydrating enough. Both Chrysalyx and APC give me the perfect amount of hydration, my skin just prefers the texture of the APC (it makes my skin stay matter than Chrysalyx) and I've been using oils as moisturizers only before so I think my skin needs a break from oil based products.

Please do update when you get a chance to try the Black Algae. I already have the list of stuff I'm going to get for my next order, just pondering whether or not I should add the Black Algae in there before getting to try a sample.
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:34 am      Reply with quote
sormuimui wrote:
avalange - what is the texture of the Black Algae like? Someone mentioned in previous pages that it was somewhat gritty - so is it like a mask that exfoliates with acids (something like the Green Apple Peel) that you can further exfoliate manually when you wash it off?

Sormuimui,

This is EXACTLY what the black algae mask does. Although, it is not a very intense manual exfoliation--jojoba beads are round, so they are gentle. The main thing in it is the malic acid. I find all fruit acid based peels/masks to be rather hydrating, and this one is no exception.

--avalange

scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:40 am      Reply with quote
I just ordered full-sizes of the Ocean Cleanser, Black Algae mask, Atmosphere Protection Cream (APTC - can't use the APC) and Eyes & Lips. I about choked on the cost even with discount but I'll be set for quite awhile - oh, but I do wish the masks came in larger quantities for the price.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:16 am      Reply with quote
sormuimui,

Haven't used the black algae mask but wanted to check with you regarding chrysalyx and APC. I had a sample of APC that I liked a lot. And chrysalyx is on its way. Did you use Chryalyx on its own or with the epidermix? I hope I fginally find my HG moisturizer...

TIA

Cat Pray
Shawna
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:55 am      Reply with quote
My latest little oddity...

Last night I used half of my little white algae mask sample, kept it on for about 10-15 minutes, washed it off, and continued with my routine.

My skin felt lovely after the mask... definitely calmer and a bit more hydrated, though I'm not sure I'd pay $48 for a full-size. Avalange, I'm very curious to hear if they plan on changing their formulation back to what you used to enjoy.

Anyways, I wake up this morning and look in the mirror. The left side of my face has a bunch of red, slightly dry and irritated, blotches all over it, while the right side of my face looks just fine. WTH? My left side is usually the one I sleep on much less, so I couldn't explain it with pillow contact or anything. Strange, no?

It seems the right side of my face liked the mask just fine, while the left threw a little tantrum about it. Laughing
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
Agent OO-CAT wrote:
sormuimui,

Haven't used the black algae mask but wanted to check with you regarding chrysalyx and APC. I had a sample of APC that I liked a lot. And chrysalyx is on its way. Did you use Chryalyx on its own or with the epidermix? I hope I fginally find my HG moisturizer...

TIA

Cat Pray

I've been using both with the Epidermx since EII is a staple in my regime. I like them both and it took me a few days to figure out which one I liked better. However I haven't used Chrysalyx long enough to see if it has any effects on my acne pigmentation. I got my 2 samples a day apart from each other so I wanted to test both to see if they broke me out and which texture I like better. Now that I figured out I prefer APC I just keep on using it and have neglected my sample of Chrysalyx. I wrote a longer comparison above. I might go back to using Chrysalyx later once I manage to get my hands off of the APC. I'm going to repurchase the APC and not the Chrysalyx at this point, for me APC seems to help prevent my breakouts by giving me optimal moisture and MAYBE due to the protective layer (which I'm still a bit suspicious about), while Chrysalyx seems to just provide rich buttery moisture.
zumlya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
ava, I don't have sensitive eyes. I haven't tried the milk cleanser on it's own (I really just wanted the eye&lips and the apc so I bought the sesitive pack) If it doesn't seem to irritate I wouldn't bother. I think the lime in the ocean cleanser is what stings a bit. IMO. I just use my talika to remove my eye make-up.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:39 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |