Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Osea Ocean Cleanser
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:19 am      Reply with quote
WOW it sound nice too try. My skin allergic to SLS in cleanser. Thanks for sharing.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:15 am      Reply with quote
I have been using the APC for a few weeks now and I have to say I am really loving it.

I was planning to just use the APC for night time since it's described as a thick cream but for me, it pretty much sinks right into my skin. i can feel it on my skin only when i touch my face with my hands, but it's a nice clean feel to my skin. the APC combined with my sofina or sunkiller clearwater sunscreens, keeps my face matte all day during the summer. i do have other moisturizers which I also adore but I find myself wanting to apply the APC most of the time.

I suspect the APC might not be enough moisture for my skin in the fall/winter though. When i feel like I need a little moisture surge (i am also using retinol which i can cause a lil peeling), I just layer some HA mixed with camellia oil and that solves the problem.

the osea eyes/lips seems to be really good for firming and is a good day eye cream but i think i like a more moisturizing formula for night time.

the osea cleanser samples i tried was ok. I make a similar feeling cleanser myself so i won't be purchasing that again.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
hi k!
glad you like the APC. I'm doing my night cream night, full strength. I just love it! I also started worrying recently that I was overdoing with the retinol peels (they are addicting, no? I did another using skinceuticals 1.0%, not as foolproof as Julie's, but still yields a light peel) and I now am going to use the APC full strength for a little while, since it boasts collagen building ingredients and I've yet to spring for copper peptides. I'm assuming it's the best thing I can do for my skin considering the circumstances. Well I must say, tonight I massaged my skin for 5 minutes with hazelnut oil (I find this is the best way to remove chemical ss and it definitely helps with flakey skin), and then used the cleansing milk, and then applied APC, and my skin is really clear, glowing, and just radiant and smooth. Another thing I've noticed is that my milia under my eyes, caused by cellcosmet, are FINALLY gone. I honestly think that apeel and APC were responsible.
re: eyes and lips, I never use it as a night cream, only day. It's a lifesaver for climate-controlled-induced fine lines midday. If you are indeed that vain about your skin like I am. Do you really need a night cream for the eyes? I used to be so obsessed with eye cream throughout my late 20s, and then when I relaxed it seems my under eye issues actually got better. Now I just rely on APC or a botanical oil blend, whatever I'm using on my face, and E+L if I need it.

--avalange

skincareaddicted wrote:
I have been using the APC for a few weeks now and I have to say I am really loving it.

I was planning to just use the APC for night time since it's described as a thick cream but for me, it pretty much sinks right into my skin. i can feel it on my skin only when i touch my face with my hands, but it's a nice clean feel to my skin. the APC combined with my sofina or sunkiller clearwater sunscreens, keeps my face matte all day during the summer. i do have other moisturizers which I also adore but I find myself wanting to apply the APC most of the time.

I suspect the APC might not be enough moisture for my skin in the fall/winter though. When i feel like I need a little moisture surge (i am also using retinol which i can cause a lil peeling), I just layer some HA mixed with camellia oil and that solves the problem.

the osea eyes/lips seems to be really good for firming and is a good day eye cream but i think i like a more moisturizing formula for night time.

the osea cleanser samples i tried was ok. I make a similar feeling cleanser myself so i won't be purchasing that again.

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
rainbowcheng
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:00 pm      Reply with quote
I like to try
Kareberry*
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone noticed if the Osea eyes/lips got rid of their undereye circles?
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:05 am      Reply with quote
Hi Miss A,

The peels are extremely addicting! so is retinol. between peels, i use retinol and the APC and i swear it's such a potent combination.

ever since i ran out of my cellcosmet eye cream, it seems like finer lines are creeping up, ones i never had before, so i am worried! your skin ritual sounds beautiful. i gotta try it 2morrow. i am letting my skin be creamfree tonight to air out my now very small pores Smile.

i am not even done with the APC but seriously wanna order another pot. i need to slather this stuff on my chest too Laughing !

i just took some pictures with a few of my friends, and i was without foundation and my skin was looking as Rich from SI would say, "photo-luminous!"

Kristen Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:07 am      Reply with quote
Kareberry* wrote:
Has anyone noticed if the Osea eyes/lips got rid of their undereye circles?

i cannot tell you that because i don't have undereye circles but maybe another member knows? i know we have a few osea users now because of avalange!

rainbowcheng, try osea, the APC is every bit the wonder cream avalange says it is! i am a true believer now.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:34 pm      Reply with quote
Just wanted to note that the Eyes and Lips isn't for everyone... it broke me out in big, red marks under my eyes. I've never seen anything like it!

I so wanted it to work for me. Sigh...

But, that's okay. I still love Osea products. Right now my favorite is the Ocean Cleanser. Mmmmmm....

Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Shawna,

I am sorry to hear the eyes and lips broke you out. there's no one product that will make everyone happy. have you tried pinpointing an ingredient in the eyes and lips that caused your reaction? it will save you much money in the future if you figure that out.

I am still loving the APC and am now placing an order for the ocean lotion since i figure my arms need anti-aging too!

Kris

5% products discount

Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:23 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried to Osea Cleansing Mudd? I have acnegenic skin and I was thinking about trying this cleanser. Because of the sale on EDS Bad Grin
zumlya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:06 am      Reply with quote
I've been using the ocean mudd religiously for awhile. I love this as a morning cleanse. I feel it makes my pores look much smaller. Perfect for morning make-up applications. But, I don't feel like it has any extra special cleansing abbilities. It does a good cleansing job for the morning. I have used all of the Osea cleansers and I don't feel it, or any, does a good job of removing my night gunk.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:59 pm      Reply with quote
I ordered the two of OSEA cleansers, i.e. ocean cleanser and milk. I have used them both for last 10 days. I have oily t-zone and dry and sensitive chin and cheek. To me, milk works much better than ocean does. Ocean cleanser is a bit harsh to me, it's not like I have any trouble, but I felt less comfortable and after cleansing I felt it made my facial skin bit more sensitive. Re: milk, I think I can find another favorite. I have used Cellcosmet gel and cream cleanser for a while (thanks bushy!), have been looking for another good one, I think this is close enough to what I'm expecting.
anorn
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:46 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for your review.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:51 am      Reply with quote
It is really an excellent cleanser for the cold weather
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:39 am      Reply with quote
Can anyone with oily/combo skin tell me if their pores ended up being clogged with the Ocean Milk Cleanser?

I was this close to purchasing it yesterday when i remembered someone saying they got tons of blackheads using milk cleansers.

I am beginning to think using surfactants (even if gentle ones) all the time is harmful for the skin and would like to switch to a more gentle kind of cleanser.

Thanks! Kris

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:27 pm      Reply with quote
How is everybody using the APC and eyes and lips still finding them. Would love to hear more feeback:)
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:16 am      Reply with quote
Hi pal,

i am still using osea eyes and lips, but only as a day eye cream as i find it not moisturizing enough for night use only. when i do use it at night, i layer on sarafina's green tea eye serum and i find the combo perfect.

i am not sure if i would purchase it again but it does make a nice day eye cream and i love the beneficial list of ingredients.

Kris

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:40 am      Reply with quote
I'm no longer using APC as I find my skin seems to like Chrysalyx better. However I'm on my full size Eyes and Lips (after I finished the travel size from the kit) and I find that for some reason the full size doesn't seem to work as well depuffing my hereditary eye bags. When I was using my travel size my eye bags looked significantly more firm (and you can tell the difference if I skipped a day or 2). But when I started the full size it doesn't seem to work as well so I think I will try to find something else after I use this up (which will take me probably 2 yrs or so..lol). The moisture level is fine except it does get a bit heavy on very hot and humid days. I have a gripe with the pump bottle though - it seems to harden at the opening while the product inside is actually much more creamy.
mojocat
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
i have been using the Ocean cleanser for 2 weeks now, morning and night. Everytime I use it, I get a stinging sensation, particularly around my eyes, and it not because of a dry patch or bruised skin. I wonder if it is too harsh for me. Is it what some of you mean by this line is very 'active'? Or do u think it is reacting to the other ingredients in my other products. I recently changed my routine and it now includes Ocean cleanser, Skinactives Bright I cream, PSF HA and Skinactives Marine cream. I feel the stinging sensation around my eyes even when I apply the Bright I but it goes away after awhile. Given the stinging sensation comes from the cleanser, do you think i should stop it?
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
mojocat: the stinging sensation is probably the Lactic Acid from the ocean cleanser, I get it sometimes too when my face feels particularly sensitive or dry that day. I'd suggest you not use it around your eyes at all as the area around your eyes is probably too sensitive for this cleanser. And if you ever feel stinging on areas of your face I'd suggest you stop for a few days and start again.
mojocat
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:31 am      Reply with quote
May i check how u clean the area around your eyes? I used to use Dermalogica Ultracalming and its suitable for us around the eyes. I would remove my eye make up with Lancome eye make up remover, also Sothys Normalising milk cleanser to remove make up elsewhere, both with cotton pads, then wash my face with the cleanser, including around the eye area. If i leave out the eye area when usiing Osea, do u think its clean enough since it might still have an oily film from the eye make up remover? Im paranoid about dark rings around my eyes, which i already have and dont want them to darken from improper cleansing...
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:19 am      Reply with quote
sormuimui wrote:
I still realy like it and yeah I expected a more "wow" effect as well. But I like using this in the AM a lot, no tingles or stings though (even if I have some skin peel off from healing acne) but it's a nice cool minty feeling which helps wake me up. Plus it's a good cleanser for when you need a bit more oomph or when your skin is feeling oily. It's definitely a staple in my routine now along with the Ocean Cleanser.

Hi sormuimui

Do you not use the Pevonia RS2 cleanser anymore?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:49 pm      Reply with quote
Hi ladies,

Just an update... after months and months of using the Ocean Cleanser, I suddenly realized I should be more gentle with my oh-so-sensitive skin.

A couple of weeks ago I switched to the Ocean Milk Cleanser and I love it. I tried it many moons ago but felt it didn't really take care of the daily build-up of dead skin that I uniquely accumulate. Since I started using it again, I just gently wipe my face with a super-soft washcloth from the Body Shop and that does the trick. My poor skin is so much happier!

I also still use the Atmosphere Protection Cream every morning. I'm thinking about adding the minerals in, too, though I wonder if that would be too stimulating for me.

Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:22 am      Reply with quote
Shawna wrote:
Hi ladies,

Just an update... after months and months of using the Ocean Cleanser, I suddenly realized I should be more gentle with my oh-so-sensitive skin.

A couple of weeks ago I switched to the Ocean Milk Cleanser and I love it. I tried it many moons ago but felt it didn't really take care of the daily build-up of dead skin that I uniquely accumulate. Since I started using it again, I just gently wipe my face with a super-soft washcloth from the Body Shop and that does the trick. My poor skin is so much happier!

I also still use the Atmosphere Protection Cream every morning. I'm thinking about adding the minerals in, too, though I wonder if that would be too stimulating for me.

Smile

Hey shawna

How are you finding the APC on your skin, or you seeing any positive results and would be purchase again
TIA:)
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:39 am      Reply with quote
yeahyeah wrote:
sormuimui wrote:
I still realy like it and yeah I expected a more "wow" effect as well. But I like using this in the AM a lot, no tingles or stings though (even if I have some skin peel off from healing acne) but it's a nice cool minty feeling which helps wake me up. Plus it's a good cleanser for when you need a bit more oomph or when your skin is feeling oily. It's definitely a staple in my routine now along with the Ocean Cleanser.

Hi sormuimui

Do you not use the Pevonia RS2 cleanser anymore?

sorry for the late reply, didn't notice it before. I still definitely use and love Pevonia RS2 but I use different cleansers depending on my skin. I like to use the RS2 sometimes when I don't have much makeup on and before my EII as a makeup remover. But usually in the morning I like to use Osea unless my skin is on the dryer/more sensitive side.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:46 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |