Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

vitamins for skin & hair
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:56 am      Reply with quote
I didn't know EPO could actually increase bust size Think maybe I should give it a go. I must say I have taken them sparingly before to help reduce my period pain Embarassed & it worked wonders imho! Very Happy
jeab
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:39 am      Reply with quote
I have EPO as well ..I take it just when I have period .
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:17 am      Reply with quote
I used to take EPO just around pms time, but found that when I started taking 2000mg every day, my hormonal acne really improved. no difference in the ta-tas though, and I am seriously lacking in that department.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
Fish Oil is the way to go for terrible PMS! I've had extreme, extreme PMS for years and nothing has ever helped me until trying fish oil. I take 9 caps of 1,000 mg (600 mg total EPA/DHA) fish oil (I like Carlson's brand ) daily starting a week before my period is due. I swear by it, the results are truly unbelievable!!! Only if I take the entire 9 caps a day though. Also helps me with my PMS acne flare-ups. P.S. I suggest (1) 40 mg capsule of EPO monthly at the start of this week along w/ the fish oil, but no more. Too much EPO is actually counterproductive. There is a lot of information regarding this in Dr. Barry Sears' book, The Omega RX -- it was life changing reading for me and I highly, highly recommend it!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
I take fish oil - the NutraSea lemon flavoured one - about a teaspoon full of this - in the evening. I also take Floradix - a liquid iron supplement with fruit juice, etc. since my iron levels tend to be low. http://www.florahealth.com/flora/home/canada/products/R4771.asp?CategoryID=74&ImageFlag=0#R4771

I also take a powdered greens supplement (spirulina and other stuff), which I mix with my fruit juice in the morning. Actually the main reason why I take this is because I really like the taste of spirulina Razz
MakeupDiva
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
I take Eniva Vibe (every day when I remember). I used to have acrylic nails, but when I take Vibe regularly, my nails grow so fast! I had to pull off the acrylics (OUCH!). It just got too expensive to keep up. LOL For the first time in my life, I am enjoying longer natural nails.

I also take a salmon oil supplement (pretty cheap from Wal-Mart). That too, I can tell a difference when I am taking it. I notice a huge improvement in my hair and my skin.

I only just started taking MSM. I have not seen any results yet. (but like I said, I only just started taking it).
MakeupDiva
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
All this talk about supplements reminded me that I haven't taken any today! Well, I have now. Smile
rainbow_listic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
is there any supplement that is good for memory?

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:56 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, Ginkgo Biloba is used for memory and to improve blood flow (oxygenation/circulation) in the brain. You can find it at iherb.com. Here's a link to more info:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/ginkgo-biloba/NS_patient-ginkgo

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
I believe that is true. However, you have to be careful with Ginko Biloba. I believe the way it works that it improves blood circulation, and it may be a problem for people with high blood pressure, etc.

You shoud really check with your physician.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:00 pm      Reply with quote
thanks babes! i will check it out. Wink i suppose for supplement, it doesnt matter if i take all of them @ the same time? eg. vitamin A, C, E then ginko? or do i have to take them at different time interval?

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:08 pm      Reply with quote
I believe you can take ginkgo along with vitamins. At the link I added above (Mayo Clinic), it tells you what ginkgo is used for, studies done, possible side effects and interactions. Give it a look! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:38 am      Reply with quote
lil_miss_skincare ~ thanks! i will check it up. guess i need to do more reading first. Wink

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:49 am      Reply with quote
I used to take a lot of vitamins when i suffered from really bad acne due to my pcos. I used to take:
evening primrose oil
vitamin e
vitamin c
zinc
vitamin b complex

I think when it comes to being beneficial for the skin and hair the best vitamin to take is vitamin E. There are two types though one is natural on is synthetic. The natural one is 3 times more potent then the synthetic variety so make sure you get the natural one. I cann't remember the name but if you need to know just ask and i will go get the bottle and let you know.
Slinkylynx
5% products discount

Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:03 am      Reply with quote
One of the best things I ever did for my skin, and perhaps more importantly, my energy levels, was to go and see a naturopath. While the initial consult might cost a bit, I think it ends up cheaper in the end, because a good naturopath is able to recommend the suite of vitamin/herbal/mineral supplements, as well as diet/lifestyle changes, that your body really needs. I find that without my naturopath, I end up spending more on random collections of nutritional stuff because I think I could benefit from all of it! My naturopath helps keep me minimalist and effective on the supplement front Very Happy
elsiej123
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
lil_miss_skincare wrote:
Fish Oil is the way to go for terrible PMS! I've had extreme, extreme PMS for years and nothing has ever helped me until trying fish oil. I take 9 caps of 1,000 mg (600 mg total EPA/DHA) fish oil (I like Carlson's brand ) daily starting a week before my period is due. I swear by it, the results are truly unbelievable!!! Only if I take the entire 9 caps a day though. Also helps me with my PMS acne flare-ups. P.S. I suggest (1) 40 mg capsule of EPO monthly at the start of this week along w/ the fish oil, but no more. Too much EPO is actually counterproductive. There is a lot of information regarding this in Dr. Barry Sears' book, The Omega RX -- it was life changing reading for me and I highly, highly recommend it!

Fabulous info! Thank you!!! Will definately try it!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
Just want to add to this that if you take ANY Rx you need to take your vitamins 12 hours before or after the prescription med is taken. If you take a med more than once a day you should speak to your doctor. Many vitamins such as Vit C and copper limit the absorption of medication. Not getting the full dose of your medicine while you're taking it can be very dangerous. Just be sure to do your research and stay safe. Smile
elsiej123
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:43 pm      Reply with quote
eSquire415 wrote:
Here's an informative link about EPO from WholeHealthMD.com:

Evening Primrose Oil

That is a GREAT link! Will reference it frequently!
Thanks!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:29 am      Reply with quote
Thank you very much for your sharing.
FalineRN
5% products discount

Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:43 am      Reply with quote
I take Alive Multi-Vitamins, MSM, Flax oil, calcium, and biotin.
cahoot
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
i am SO jumping on the EPO bandwagon!!! after having (and breastfeeding) 4 kids I can confirm that it IS possible to have small AND droopy breasts! YUKKK!!!

i have a bottle of EPO around, but i was not very consistent in using it. now for the sake of bosom-beautification (or bosofication if you will) i am making a pinky promise to take two 1000 mg tablets every day!!! Laughing
chouchouzhang
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:17 pm      Reply with quote
I can not take grape seeds extracts because it causes my skin to break out. I am taking Q 10 right now.
elsiej123
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:29 pm      Reply with quote
Interesting. I started EPO about 3-4 weeks ago. I am taking about 3000 mg/day in 3 doses.

I have experienced achey breasts that have enlarged! It didn't occur to me that it could be because of the EPO until I had read this page. Bizarre. Also, my PMS this month was almost non-existant!!! Also, very manageable acne this month!

I am a bit frightened that I am taking a drug that makes my boobs bigger! Will confirm with my doctor that all is okay.

Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:37 am      Reply with quote
Well, I'd say taking multivitamins for older people helps. Heck, it helps when you are 50 years younger too. Wink

Fish oil too of course, if you aren't getting enough from your diet. Smile
MrsDowFire
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:32 am      Reply with quote
I've been taking GNC Multi-vitamin for women for years, Barleans Essential women Flaxseed oil (I put in a protein shake or mix with salad dressing) and I just ordered MSM from reading a post on this website.

O...I also take calcium at night.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:08 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |