Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Any horror movie buff?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
LizaA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:00 am      Reply with quote
I am loving all things werewolf at the moment! Don't know why. So far my favourites are Dog Soldiers and the Ginger Snaps 1, 2 and 3. I also loved Angela Carter's Bloody Chamber ( a twist on little red riding hood/fantasy/horror/fairytale). And yes I've seen the American Werewolf in... series.

I also loved zombie horror like Night of the Living Dead- cracks me up still. Loved 28days Later and Resident Evil.

The Japanese original Grudge and Ring was pretty hair raising. I recently saw a Korean flick called "Sisters" and that had all touches of Six Sense, Grudge and Ring themes running through it. Hmmm.... I also love the Korean series of Tales of Ancients and Folklore which is a 30+ years running TV drama similar to Tales from the Crypt in Korea. I've watched this since I was a bub! To this day I remember the "Ginseng Man"! Very Happy
LizaA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:01 am      Reply with quote
[quote="bkkgirl"]I actually had a bad dream after watching the grudge 2 because the stupid ghost came to the US from Japan....how dare they moved!!!!!!!![/quote]

Laughing I guess passengers on Boeing flight must have had quite a ride!
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
I've got really wussy as I've got older, I used to love all the gory movies, Hellraiser was my favourite, although when I saw it at the movies, a girl in front passed out when all these hooks ripped this guy apart. Mind you, I had awful dreams about 'Pin Head' coming to get me for ages afterwards.

Now the scariest thing I can watch is Sixth Sense.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
mper1327 wrote:
My fave would have to be the Ring. When she comes out of the TV....... Anxious

Funny story, I was working late one night, after everyone else in the offices had gone home. There are no windows back there. I was bored, so I was looking at some of the Ring reviews. Of course, I'm going through all of the scenes, and getting kinda spooked. All of the sudden, all the lights go out. I couldn't even see my hand in front of my face it was so dark. I left my office and poked my head out of the room, took a couple of blind steps in the hall and yelled "anyone have a flashlight?" forgetting I was alone. I laughed at myself, and felt my way back to my office. All of a sudden, I stumble into something warm and wet. I bent down and reached my hand out and touched it again. I FREAKED OUT!!!!!!!! I thought Samara had crawled out of the well to get me! Shock

Suddenly the lights came on, and I saw that it was only the owners dog, who must have slipped in when I was in the hall, and had just come in from the rain recently. I'm really surprised I didn't pee myself! Laughing

This is my 'fave' as well, the japanese version. I actually found it really disturbing especially that bit in hte well. I have goosebumps as I write!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
Poltergeist!! I hope I've spelt that right. Those films scared the cr*p out of me, especially when the little girl ended up dying in 'real life' as well. Very creepy!
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
The Hills Have Eyes

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek Exclamation
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:06 pm      Reply with quote
LizaA wrote:
I am loving all things werewolf at the moment! Don't know why. So far my favourites are Dog Soldiers and the Ginger Snaps 1, 2 and 3. I also loved Angela Carter's Bloody Chamber ( a twist on little red riding hood/fantasy/horror/fairytale). And yes I've seen the American Werewolf in... series.

I also loved zombie horror like Night of the Living Dead- cracks me up still. Loved 28days Later and Resident Evil.

The folks that made Dog Soldiers also made The Descent. There will be a Dog Soldiers 2 (Dead Meat) which will have (at this point) Kevin McKidd (recently was the character Vorenus in HBO's Rome). The release date is sometime in 2008.

I like 28 days later and Shaun of the Dead.
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
I love the classic horror films like Rosemary's Baby (1968), Psycho (1960) and The Exorcist - The Version You've Never Seen (2000). I have watched the original (edited) 1973 version of The Exorcist on TV over the years and always found it scary - but this new enhanced movie that was released in 2000 had me tossing and turning in bed at night for at least a week!!! I highly recommend it!

If you enjoy horror/suspense/dark comedies then you'll enjoy Shaun of the Dead and Donny Darko - both are excellent. Also worth watching - The Others , Stir of Echos , and Pitch Black (with Vin Diesel - yum!) if you like sci-fi/horror.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="RufusThe folks that made Dog Soldiers also made The Descent. There will be a Dog Soldiers 2 (Dead Meat) which will have (at this point) Kevin McKidd (recently was the character Vorenus in HBO's Rome). The release date is sometime in 2008.

I like 28 days later and Shaun of the Dead.[/quote]

I know, I've been reading the plot summary for Dog Soldiers 2 on wikipedia! Laughing I've had a crush on Kevin McKidd ever since Rome which I'm also dying to see the season 2 of...

How is The Descent?
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:43 am      Reply with quote
LizaA wrote:
[quote="RufusThe folks that made Dog Soldiers also made The Descent. There will be a Dog Soldiers 2 (Dead Meat) which will have (at this point) Kevin McKidd (recently was the character Vorenus in HBO's Rome). The release date is sometime in 2008.

I like 28 days later and Shaun of the Dead.

I know, I've been reading the plot summary for Dog Soldiers 2 on wikipedia! Laughing I've had a crush on Kevin McKidd ever since Rome which I'm also dying to see the season 2 of...

How is The Descent?[/quote]

Ooooooo you're going to like season 2 of Rome (rip as they did cancel the series)...lips sealed here!

"The Descent" came out in DVD a month ago or so and it was one of the more inexpensive releases of the year at about 20 dollars Canadian. It's basically a survival story which tells a story of how friendship can go south in an instant. It's not for lovers of warm and fuzzy endings. I liked it.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:55 am      Reply with quote
katee wrote:
The Hills Have Eyes

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek Exclamation

That one left me feeling queasy after I left the theater. They're coming out with Part 2.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:56 am      Reply with quote
I just LOVED "The Messengers". I like it even more than Hostel. And they're also coming out with Hostel Part 2.
nyonyakay
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
mper1327 wrote:

Funny story, I was working late one night, after everyone else in the offices had gone home. There are no windows back there. I was bored, so I was looking at some of the Ring reviews. Of course, I'm going through all of the scenes, and getting kinda spooked. All of the sudden, all the lights go out. I couldn't even see my hand in front of my face it was so dark. I left my office and poked my head out of the room, took a couple of blind steps in the hall and yelled "anyone have a flashlight?" forgetting I was alone. I laughed at myself, and felt my way back to my office. All of a sudden, I stumble into something warm and wet. I bent down and reached my hand out and touched it again. I FREAKED OUT!!!!!!!! I thought Samara had crawled out of the well to get me! Shock

Suddenly the lights came on, and I saw that it was only the owners dog, who must have slipped in when I was in the hall, and had just come in from the rain recently. I'm really surprised I didn't pee myself! Laughing

The Ring made me afraid of my TV at night for a while - this was the version with Naomi Watts in it. That then got me on to the Japanese Ring films which had originally inspired Hollywood to do their own versions. I took to watching this on my widescreen laptop instead of my TV. Laughing
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
nyonyakay wrote:
mper1327 wrote:

The Ring made me afraid of my TV at night for a while - this was the version with Naomi Watts in it. That then got me on to the Japanese Ring films which had originally inspired Hollywood to do their own versions. I took to watching this on my widescreen laptop instead of my TV. Laughing

I think it can come out of your monitor, too. It is very adaptable, just like the flu virus.
nyonyakay
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
Nooooooo
lipglossbaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:47 am      Reply with quote
ohhh, i love horros movies!if you like them too i would recomend you watching creep and dead end...blair witch project 1 was also sooo good!one of the actors from the movie wrote me back on myspace acutally!lol
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:58 am      Reply with quote
lipglossbaby wrote:
ohhh, i love horros movies!if you like them too i would recomend you watching creep and dead end...blair witch project 1 was also sooo good!one of the actors from the movie wrote me back on myspace acutally!lol

I LOVE DEAD END! I haven't watched Creep.

I didn't get Blair Witch Project. I thought it was a true story, and was supposed to be scary. So I waited to be scared. Till the very end, I got confused instead. Was it a true story with the actual people in it? But if one of the actors wrote you on myspace, then it's not real? Ok, I am truly confused. LOL Bad Grin
wenning
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't seen movies for a long time, especially horror movies, because I'm a coward. I'm afraid of nightmares.
mrgrtt123
5% products discount

Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
I love Asian horror movie as I find the storyline much better than Hollywood films. Personal favorites will be The Doll Master, Tale of the Two Sisters, Shutter, and more.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:37 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |