Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Review: Murad Acne Spot Treatment
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
lindia99
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
I bought this product for my hubby for a try. He has serious acne skin since his college years. His skin is very oily and the acne can appears on all possible places of his face. Moreover, the breakouts are red, large and swell. The number of breakouts on his face is more than 10 everyday I guess. One doctor we visited once said that his good looking was destroyed by Acne. You can imagine how serious it is.

Two months ago, one online skincare shop was carrying sale and the Pro Active Acne kit which he used daily was going to be used up and there was no obvious effect from Pro Active. I got this Murad Acne Spot Treatment for him from that website. At first, I didn’t expect to see the effect since he didn’t care too much about that. But I do find that there is no acne on his face except some red spots near his ears. He also used a Neutrogeana acne soap for cleaning and Pro Active moisturizer for hydration. I think Murad should have a contribution to distinguish his acne.

So you may try this product if you have no better choice. And the price is pretty too.

Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Glycolic Acid, Hydrolyzed Oat Flour, Sclerotium Gum, Zinc Oxide, Dicaprylyl Maleate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Ceteareth-20, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Salicylic Acid Lecithin, Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Palmitoyl Hydroxypropyltrimonium, Amylopectin/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Allantoin, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:07 am      Reply with quote
i have bought the whole acne treatment kit and it didnt really work for me, i've used it all up but i still had a bit of the spot treatment left, so i use this in conjunction with my otehr acne products and this does work to an extent. i think its my skin and the type of spots i get, cos sometimes this actually makes the spots dissappear in one night, and sometimes this doesnt work on any of my tougher spots.
i guess you could try it
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:14 am      Reply with quote
i have bought the whole acne treatment kit and it didnt really work for me, i've used it all up but i still had a bit of the spot treatment left, so i use this in conjunction with my otehr acne products and this does work to an extent. i think its my skin and the type of spots i get, cos sometimes this actually makes the spots dissappear in one night, and sometimes this doesnt work on any of my tougher spots.
i guess you could try it
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:18 am      Reply with quote
i bought the acne spot treatment, i use it over night when i have big pimples. Works pretty good
zumlya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
I had some of this stuff. It worked ok, but I found Philosophy's On a Clear day blemish serum worked better for the big ones. Nothing beats IFP's Healing serum.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:09 pm      Reply with quote
I hate the whole acne complex kit.. It didn't help my acne problem, and made it even worse. Sad
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:24 pm      Reply with quote
Lisey wrote:
I hate the whole acne complex kit.. It didn't help my acne problem, and made it even worse. Sad

I stopped using it after 6 weeks because it made my skin so inflammed.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:39 am      Reply with quote
I don't know if this will help you all, but I use tea tree oil when I break out. I'm allergic to benzoyl peroxide so I can't use a lot of the acne products out there. The tea tree oil works really well for me!
Jin
5% products discount

Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
But it doesn't work to my big red pimples.
NoNaMe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
It doesn't work for me. Sad
Moreover, my skin alwalys have white splash when I use it. Mad
BP is more better work and more cheaper than.
Rolling Eyes
Jenny1970
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:09 am      Reply with quote
I know I'm resurrecting an old thread BUT, I'm looking for some reviews on this product before I purchase. Since The last review for this product was a year ago and maybe Murad might have changed the formulation since then, can anybody give me a more current update of this spot treatment??
sleepylily
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 11, 2008 9:05 pm      Reply with quote
This doesn't work for me very well either...
wancy_2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 12, 2008 5:00 am      Reply with quote
i 've bought it from Sephora, it doesn't very work for me...
senesce
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
It worked on my skin a few years ago. But it is not really working on my skin currently. Sad
Kat ~<3
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:22 am      Reply with quote
I used Murad for about 3 months and was not impressed. I used it faithfully, morning and before bed and sure maybe if I wasn't using it my acne would have been worse... but I still got those really big pimples that hurt and are extremely red. I've experimented with different products and have settled on my own little regime of random products from different lines. Works much better. I've posted it on several other sites so I won't go into detail here. But if anyone is interested just PM me and I'll be glad to share! Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:44 pm      Reply with quote
Sounds like more negative than positive comments on this, so I guess I'll pass on trying it. Too bad. I would like to find a really effective acne spot treatment. Clearasil doesn't work for me.
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
I tried this, but didn't think it was anything special. I'd say it is a bit drying to your skin. I really like IS Clinical Active Serum compared to this. It is costly but well worth it.
dagnolia
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:20 pm      Reply with quote
i tried this awhile back... and have to agree with most others that it doesn't do much. it has a weird gritty texture that wants to flake off after it dries.
personally, i found that it was really bad news on broken skin or anything especially irritated/coming to a head--it left pitted scars which i had never had a problem with previously. on other pimples it seemed pretty hit or miss... which probably means it just wasn't doing much of anything.

origins out of trouble mask or the PTR mask with clay and sulphur are better picks, IMHO, and both can double as spot treatments.
bunnie
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:16 pm      Reply with quote
i have this product. not working for me. better off changing a cleanser for oil/problem skin.
yauzit
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:11 am      Reply with quote
this has been the only spot treatment that has worked for me. yes it smells like sulfer but i think i can handel the smell as long as the stuff works.
i had a huge cystic zit and i put the treatment on and the next morning i noticed it had gone down and by the next day it was completly gone. love this stuff!
twdollie
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:37 pm      Reply with quote
=/ wow so many negative reviews about the acne kit...

im just using the cleanser and toner at night...hoping it will clear up a little bit of random zits i get.
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:27 am      Reply with quote
Up until 3 years ago, I used the Murad Acne line --- it worked wonders in clarifying my skin and clearing up the worst of the breakouts, although it was pretty expensive until I found a reputable Ebay dealer.

Their spot treatment and sulfur mask were my go to's when I had a zit or breakup that needed quick treatment.... But this spot treatment can be awful drying, which made applying makeup on top of it a challenge.

Overall, even though I no longer use Murad, I do credit Murad for promoting an awareness of the importance of skincare AND they are the first company to make use of pomegranate in skincare products.

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
Sophias1920
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
I got a sample of this Murad spot treatment a while back and didn't even bother to use it. However, after going through some hormonal phases, I found myself breaking out more than ever. Out of the blue, I decided to use this spot treatment and saw immediate changes. It does indeed reduce the size of blemishes and enables them to heal.

I don't believe that you have to buy the entire Murad acne line in order to see results. You can use this treatment in conjunction with other products. Furthermore, I feel that it is suitable for those who have oily to combination skin - leaning towards the oilier side.

1. I started using Yonka Gel Nettoyant Cleanser - it does not dehydrate the skin

2. Yonka's lotion for normal - oily skin. It really does soothe the skin preventing irritation.

3. Murad acne spot treatment.

I'm still contemplating on the best suitable moisturizer.

I purchased Yonka's acne juvenil and creme 15 from ebay, which also included a moisturizer just for curiosity's sake. Let us see if they actually work.
annesun
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:04 am      Reply with quote
naturally you can use honey to treat new and red breakouts
Tina89
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:27 pm      Reply with quote
I always have problems with pop up acne spots, this product can work on my skin.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:47 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |