Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
DIY Filler Injections
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, Has anyone self injected Collagen or Saline? I've never done this to myself, but I'd like to try. Thank you.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, Any recommendations for a reliable pharmacy to purchase fillers? I read on an acne board that all will ask for a script, but some don't actually require one. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
Hi mars. If you browse about on the skin deep chat forum, you will find all the info you could need and more to DIY Botox and fillers. It even had me thinking about doing it. I'm not the least bit squeamish and would be a viable candidate due to a solid understanding of anatomy and physiology and the fact that I'm not afraid to put the time into researching. One reason I'm not likely to do this (yet!) is that although it's way cheaper to DIY, it clearly becomes an expensive * spam alert * nonetheless. Both Botox and fillers aren't cheap (although they have some great sources listed there), and as you know need to be topped up fairly regularly.

Anyway, very interesting, and I'm filing it away for when my 37 yr old skin starts looking like it needs more help than topicals can give. Or to consider for a special event.

I'm well versed in botox as I get it for my migraines, and really would not be worried at all doing it to myself. I would just have a very clear idea of where to inject, what the expected results would be, and take it real slow with tiny doses to start. You can always add more!

I would definitely have the fillers done professionally too before considering them, so that I could get a feel for how deep, how much pressure to use etc etc. The eye troughs and a slight plumping of my lips to fill out a few small lines would be where I started. All in all a great resource at that website for the right kind of person. One that's prepared to put in hours of research learning about all the different products and techniques before injecting willy nilly. Still scary though! Once you start...
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, Trigger, I just discovered Skin Deep Chat. WOWEE! I'm so in over my head. You are so right about this DIY requiring lengthy research.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, Well, I've been checking out the Skin Deep website. The more I read the less intimadted I feel about self injecting. Having said that, I'm still insecure about doing it. I've had fillers and botox done before. However, I really think I could do some of it myself.
So, I''m close to taking the plunge, but not quite there yet.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:24 pm      Reply with quote
I have my license to inject local anesthesia. I'm a dental hygienist. I wonder if I am eligible to take a class to learn how to do this?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:21 am      Reply with quote
Mars wrote:
Hi, Well, I've been checking out the Skin Deep website. The more I read the less intimadted I feel about self injecting. Having said that, I'm still insecure about doing it. I've had fillers and botox done before. However, I really think I could do some of it myself.
So, I''m close to taking the plunge, but not quite there yet.

What concerns me the most is not the actual injecting but the integrity and safety of the product to be injected. The Skin Deep forum seems to have quite a bit of discussion on products which have proven to be ineffective. Plus, the sellers names aren't freely given - rather it's all quite secretive.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:47 am      Reply with quote
Do you think that it is safety to do it by yourself?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:44 am      Reply with quote
I think one can safely inject one's self with adequate study and reliable resources for the products. The only reason I'm dragging my feet at this point is I'm nervous about mixing the product and preparing the syringes. I'm watching a lot of detailed educational vid's on Youtube that are helpful.
I've been wanting to start out with saline injections to "practice". There is a lot of info on the acne.org website. Smile

5% products discount

Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:17 am      Reply with quote
Restylane will supplement the muscle relaxation of Botox injections and help you smooth out lines and crows feet around the eyes, lips, and cheeks.
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:17 am      Reply with quote
Hi, Kazia, Are you self-injecting?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:09 am      Reply with quote
Did I mention... Yikes! Confused

Having said that though, I have used a 1.5mm Dermaroller numerous times in the past for whole face treatments and thought nothing of it but the idea of sticking a syringe in there is a different story.

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:22 am      Reply with quote
HI, Anything new going on here? I'm really eager to hear of anyone's experiences. I actually did my own botox! No negatives except I didn't inject enough. It's been a little over a week and I've just recently seen minor improvements. I will def do it again. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
This is a great thread you guys are goddesses! I'm a former trauma ICU RN so was thinking about taking the certification course, but even without I'm going to start doing my own botox and filler, yay!

I would also warn anyone who doesn't even have basic injection skills against this....so many things can go wrong.

And I agree after getting lots of procedures done that often the doctors don't really see or understand what you want. I just had some perlane in my lips and was so over the moon, came home thinking ok now this is it for the rest of my life...hahaha...(dr. gave it to me free with something else).

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, secretly, I just purchased some Perlane to do my cheeks and my temples. How was the Perlane injected, meaning what gauge needle did your doc use? Also, what kind of numbing agent was used?
Thank you!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
looked like a 27 gauge and he mentioned that it comes premixed with lidocaine. It wasn't that painful but if doing myself I would get some numbing cream so your concentration skill doesn't get whacked while injecting.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
Mars - I'm just wondering how you're going to manage doing your own cheeks. I've had my cheeks done a number of times (it's my favourite procedure) but I know that they inject the cheek filler, which is usually thicker than fillers for other areas, quite deep. On two occasions they used a cannula to do this.

I'm thinking that injecting the cheeks would be a whole different ball game to doing Botox.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
I'm certainly not prepared to do my cheeks yet. I've got a lot of studying and researching to do before I attempt that. I just went ahead and ordered Perlane because it was on sale. I injected Resty into my lips last Tues. Indeed, fillers are quite different from pushing in botox. It went pretty well though. I didn't overdo because I'm still just learning. A little at a time is my philosophy.
secretly, I'm almost positive my Perlane doesn't come mixed with lido. Thanks for the info on your procedure. Every bit of DIY information helps a lot.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
Mars wrote:
I'm certainly not prepared to do my cheeks yet. I've got a lot of studying and researching to do before I attempt that. I just went ahead and ordered Perlane because it was on sale. I injected Resty into my lips last Tues. Indeed, fillers are quite different from pushing in botox. It went pretty well though. I didn't overdo because I'm still just learning. A little at a time is my philosophy.
secretly, I'm almost positive my Perlane doesn't come mixed with lido. Thanks for the info on your procedure. Every bit of DIY information helps a lot.

I'm impressed!! How did you handle the pain of doing your lips? I find the lips the most painful area to have done.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry I know this has probably been answered but where do you buy the perlane and restalyne?

I see them here:
http://www.valueotc.com/site/1302091/page/887934

but elsewhere seems like I need rx. thank you!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
I was dreading putting a needle in my lips. However, because I used a 31g needle, it really didn't hurt. BTW, I used no numbing agent at all. Smile I know when I do feel competent enough to inject my Perlane, it wll be a different story. I can't imagine it would go through a teeny needle like the Resty did. Phooey!
I'm not familiar with valueotc. I'm sorry. If you would like the supplier I used, I'm glad to share that info. Just pm me.

Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:11 am      Reply with quote
Check out Skin deep Chat,the best place for DIY...That Acne forum place is a dead end.
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
Totally agree with Dimegirl. Skindeepchat is very educational for DIY'er's. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:54 am      Reply with quote
I can't believe I am even reading this thread..lol..

I am very impressed with you guys that have done it. WOW I just looked at the price of the perlane syringes, very tempting, but I don't think I could do it. I am not squeamish but...

maybe I should just have a read of that forum..haha!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:16 am      Reply with quote
Hi, Bernie2, I read, and read. I studied, and studied. I took a long time to prepare and educate myself. When I first started reading about DIY injections, I don't know if I really thought I'd actually ever do it. It's certainly not for everybody, but I'm glad I've done it. Smile

Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:12 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |