Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

DIY Filler Injections
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 03, 2009 5:40 pm      Reply with quote
That was (and is) my belief too...

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 03, 2009 9:34 pm      Reply with quote
Injecting saline sounds like a good way to practice if it works that way. Hey, Maybe I'll start injecting - my friends Laughing

This is an interesting thread - I'm in dentistry and if I can inject anesthesia I can do this. Piece of cake
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 03, 2009 10:22 pm      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:
I feel "excited and nervous" too! I will keep you posted. That may be by PM because another forum closed down the thread on SI due to possible liability issues.

Let me know how it goes! I have my fingers and toes crossed for you!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 03, 2009 10:46 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
I thought that saline was only injected as a temporary measure in the face - just to see what the effect would be before actually using an appropriate filler.

Oh, that makes sense!

I was actually looking into this, ages ago. (Before u tube!) Some others were doing this, on another forum.
I was looking at the site that was called something like Awlful cosmetic surgery (I forgot the name!)
Anyway, taking notes to myself what NOT to do.
The horrid lips, for instance. And be careful with botox, to not go in an area where it would spread to your upper eyelid, and make it droop.
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 04, 2009 5:13 am      Reply with quote
Now Botox is one injectable that I wouldn't try. That requires experience in my opinion and a true knowledge of how the muscles affect each other. I don't think you can even buy Botox online can you? You can buy fillers easily (at least here in BC) as they are classed as "medical devices."

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 04, 2009 6:01 am      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:
Now Botox is one injectable that I wouldn't try. That requires experience in my opinion and a true knowledge of how the muscles affect each other. I don't think you can even buy Botox online can you? You can buy fillers easily (at least here in BC) as they are classed as "medical devices."

I would have thought the opposite actually. When I get Botox, the girl asks me to frown, then just injects in the creases - doesn't seem too complicated. However, I think that there is a need for some artistry when injecting fillers, otherwise they may not look natural or symmetrical. I would also be worried about injecting at the correct depth. How do you know how far the needle needs to go in?

Also, where are you all buying your syringes from?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 04, 2009 6:09 am      Reply with quote
I bought the syringes from Axon Medical Supplies. I can't find the receipt but it was very inexpensive online. I have had four different docs do Botox. the lady currently doing it is way different from the others in terms of artistry. I wouldn't trust myself! How deep to inject is my main concern with the Resty as well.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 04, 2009 11:20 am      Reply with quote
There is some way of getting the botox. A few years ago I was getting my hair straightened in San Francisco, and someone there invited me to a party where they were getting injections of both botox and fillers.
I have never tried to find botox, I don't know where they got it. I found the fillers by accident. I was looking for mesotherapy and also human growth hormone, and on a Canadian list saw the fillers.

I got a huge bag of diabetic needles on line, in the states. Don't remember where now, but it was super cheap.
What I think looks really nice on the lips, instead of fillers, is that cosmetic proceedure where they pull the lips up, some were calling it horseshoe, because its a little nip in the shape of a horseshoe right under the nose. It shortens the space between the nose and lips, which also makes you look way younger. Pulls the middle of the bow up.

The best places I have heard to get it done is Mexico or Thailand, etc, only a few hundred dollars, is perm. and very cute. There is a cosmetic surgeon down there who does work on transvestites, and does amazing work. He is as good as the Brazilians. So I was just going to do that. Someday.
I did get a lipliner tattoe, which added 1/4 inch all the way around. Same color as my lips. That also helped.But the upturn, that is the key, I think, not just poofy.
Hope I am not too off topic here...
SansSouci572
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 04, 2009 11:55 am      Reply with quote
It would seem like using the injectibles to fill out wrinkles would be kind of tricky, doesn't it?
Say for instance, the eyes. You would want a smooth flat line, but could it possibly decide to turn into bags? How does it know to go smooth, or to turn into a bag? And would you do each little wrinkle, or does it spread under all of them?

Where I would want it, is where the lips turn down. But its such a huge gap! It seems like it would need quite a bit to fill that out and I would get a inflated face like J. Rivers or Suzanne S.
(Or, Jack in the Box?)Bad Grin
Hopefully, the face exercises will work.
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 04, 2009 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
Sans Souci, the Botox parties are normally organized by a local clinic. You get ten people together and receive free shots yourself - like Tupperware. I would not inject under my eyes. No way.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 04, 2009 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:
Sans Souci, the Botox parties are normally organized by a local clinic. You get ten people together and receive free shots yourself - like Tupperware. I would not inject under my eyes. No way.

Oh, haha.

I would not do under my eyes either.
The only thing I would consider is my lips.
ammoniasmith
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
Personally, I don't have anything against self-injecting if you really know what you are doing. I just saw a horror story on TV about some woman who self-injected non-sterile silicone sold as a "personal lubricant" to try to save money. Truly this is idiotic! See link for story and pics.

http://www.insideedition.com/news.aspx?storyId=3177
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:34 pm      Reply with quote
That's just sad. Another lady filled her face with vegetable oil.

Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
I'm finding there's lots of people who DIY self-inject dermal fillers, botox, melatonin, meso therapy fat loss and so on. Definately not for everyone.

I found a public forum that's dedicated to this DIY self-injection stuff. The forum addy is:

skindeepchat dot forumotion dot net

Interesting stuff
vavoom

Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
Regarding the woman that self-injected machine-graded silicon:
That's why a site like:

skindeepchat dot forumotion dot net

are good.

People are going to DIY self-inject all sorts of things.

So, forums with feedback from real people who have used the DIY products that are widely available on the net are great consumer info and may stop terrible accidents from happening.
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, it's a very good forum Smile Good for Deedee Smile

Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:44 am      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:
Yes, it's a very good forum Smile Good for Deedee Smile
Cool
Tallisa
5% products discount

Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
I dont think I would be game enough to do it! but I bet you would save a lot.

I work at a place that does juvederm and botox with registered nurses injecting and juvederm costs about $550AUD a vial.

Out of the two I definitely wouldn't do botox on myself, in the wrong place you can get drooping that lasts for 4 months or so. eep!
Twila
5% products discount

Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
I wrote last year about self injecting Restylane. Although I had no problems, I went on the Tyra Banks show with the lady mentioned earlier that injected $10 silicone. The doctor on the show scared me straight. I haven't done it since! He was talking about hitting an artery, necrosis....My lips are full anyway. Just save up and go to a doctor, girls Smile
Miss Tina
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
Twila!!!! We have a celebrity in our midst! However, I am very sorry to hear the circumstance that you got your stardom.

5% products discount

Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:19 am      Reply with quote
It was fun, actually. You can go to the TyraShow.com and see a pic from the show. They do sensationalize things, though. I have been on TV before and in People magazine. I am such a ham Laughing producers love me because I just seem to be able to talk naturally....Adds excitement to my boring life. Smile
Patsya

Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Chrissie, i just went on that Canadian website and tried to buy some restylane but it said prescription only and you have to send one to them Sad ...talk about disappointed, i can't afford to go for treatments with a dermatologist, so this seemed exciting. Any way round this?

Chrissie wrote:
A couple of weeks ago, I read a posting on this forum that had a link to the acne.org site. I read about people injecting themselves with Restylane, Perlane, etc. I found that you can purchase this from Canadian pharmacies (it doesn't require a perscription there) and self inject.

I just bought 0.5ml Restylane for $135.00 from a Canadian pharmacy (I paid almost $600 when I paid Restylane injections before). I want to inject it into a chicken pox scar on my forehead. I've had Restylane injected into it before, and as a nurse I've given myself injections before so I'm not worried about sticking myself with a needle.
Has anyone else done this??

....putting my armour on.....okay, I'm ready.. Smile
Sad Sad
Patsya

Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
I did register before i posted.
Bella14u

Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Chrissie,
I am an RN too and was wondering what the outcome of injecting the Restylane was like. I would like the website address as I would like to purchase some Restylane myself and inject my self too.
Di
Nanci Wyatt

Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
If you are used to injecting and handling needles and syringes, you are a good candidate to consider this. Once you decide to go this route, I would definitely spend some time browsing the forum mentioned above. It has all sorts of information about DIY fillers and botox, and a lot of info on suppliers. It is also chock-full of RN's (in many different countries) who are very open about techniques.

Re sources: The brand name fillers in themselves are dazzling because they often have different names than the ones used in the US. China and Brazil also produce low cost knock offs, but you probably want to steer clear of those.

DIY is rewarding in that you can do little bits at a time, and customize your look, as well as save $$$. But it takes a lot of up-front work.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:14 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |