Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
DIY Filler Injections
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
kathrynn wrote:
I actually had a go with injectible saline and it wasn't that bad. I am just going to get the naso labial area done. Had my lips done last 2 1/2 years ago and its still fine.

Hi Kathrynn, where abouts in Oz are you? I am in melb....just thinking we might order togther in the future etc, as it gets progressively cheaper for more syringes????

I want to inject my cheeks...have had lots of fillers, but not my cheeks yet...I also might try the saline first. Where did you buy that?

thanks

rebecca

Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
Hi I'm on the sunshine coast qld. I got mine from a vet supplies online store. I'm hoping the injecting will also help like needling which someone else mentioned. Where abouts are you from
nicola
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:32 am      Reply with quote
This thread is quite an eye opener!!
Just wondering, which is the best filler to use?
What Saline does?
How long can you store unused vials for?
What if you don't inject enough, can you do a little top up, until you reach the desired effect?
Could you use a sterilings tablet like you can use for baby bottles to sterilise the needle?

Sorry for all the questions x
ladyA
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
MelissaMarie wrote:
I ummm am speachless, and most definately would not EVER EVER do this.

I am totally speechless as well - I can't imagine this procedure as a DIY Shock but I will follow this thread.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
Chrissie wrote:
A couple of weeks ago, I read a posting on this forum that had a link to the acne.org site. I read about people injecting themselves with Restylane, Perlane, etc. I found that you can purchase this from Canadian pharmacies (it doesn't require a perscription there) and self inject.

I just bought 0.5ml Restylane for $135.00 from a Canadian pharmacy (I paid almost $600 when I paid Restylane injections before). I want to inject it into a chicken pox scar on my forehead. I've had Restylane injected into it before, and as a nurse I've given myself injections before so I'm not worried about sticking myself with a needle.
Has anyone else done this??

....putting my armour on.....okay, I'm ready.. Smile

Chrissie, I'd like to hear about your results. Did you go through with self-injection? How did it turn out? Thanks.
Jackie284
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:34 am      Reply with quote
Hi Ladies,

for those of you who DIY, can I ask does it work out much cheaper ? also are all the materials fairly easy to obtain ?

many thanks

Jackie x
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
ladyA wrote:
MelissaMarie wrote:
I ummm am speachless, and most definately would not EVER EVER do this.

I am totally speechless as well - I can't imagine this procedure as a DIY Shock but I will follow this thread.

Me three... Image

But not in the least surprised....Image
Cleocatra
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
On further consideration, MAYBE and it's a big MAYBE, after I finish my class in anatomy I possibly would consider doing this myself. But otherwise nooooo way.. lol
edenfield
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:25 am      Reply with quote
what is up with people thinking Canadians don't need a prescription to get things?

Yes we need a prescription to buy these things, include retin-a, etc, etc...it's because you're buying them illegally that you don't need a prescription Rolling Eyes
Twila
5% products discount

Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:48 am      Reply with quote
I just injected some Restylane I procured from Canada. I used Emla cream. Pretty painless, actually. I must have watched 20 videos on YouTube and the Aquamid website. I can't find anywhere to get Botox without a script so I went to a doctor and paid $500 for 2 areas and I don't feel as if I received enough even though I went back yesterday. He gave me a teeny bit more. I really don't expect much. That is why I would rather self-inject!
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, Twila, Are you still happy with you DIY resty results?

5% products discount

Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:58 am      Reply with quote
Yes, I am. Thank You for asking! Very Happy
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
Twila, I'm excited for you! I may be trying this myself before too long. I need to practice, though. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:16 pm      Reply with quote
I am definitely interested in this..although I passed out cold when piercing my ears Rolling Eyes Getting Resty through CanadianPharmacy is easy. What concerns me is how to recognize the correct depth. I'll follow this thread with great interest as I'd love to add more Radiesse (which has the added benefit of lidocaine) into my NL folds.
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:52 am      Reply with quote
I'm totally watching this! Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
I am really shocked and impressed at the same time....I would be very careful doing these injections on myself though and injecting saline scared the hell out of me...that can cause air embolism...if you are not careful...
but I am impressed who are actually doing it with great results..Smile
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
SimpleMD, isn't it only when it's injected into a vein that air embolism can occur? Shock
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
I would've thought that you would tap the syringe so that any air in it would then go to the top so you can push it out before you begin to inject. Also I would leave the tiniest bit in the bottom of the syringe at the end.
simpleMD
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
Yes.. Antonia.....Thats exactly right....how would someone know where they are injecting ?Its subcut.tissue,fat or hidden small vessel??Face is so vascularied ...didnt want to scare anyone but that "Saline"really scared me we know its just salt water...But the words of a teacher echoed in my ears that "There is nothing Normal about Normal saline".Smile Rolling Eyes
Be safe Ladies ...take out all the bubbles before you start( even if few drops are wasted ) and once inside the area pull back on the plunger to see that you did not hit any vessel...
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:37 pm      Reply with quote
Ah-ha...I see. Thanks SimpleMD. This is very controversial and very interesting. There was a long thread about it on another board but it got pulled. I'm in the habit of printing out important threads now. Going to go to YouTube and start looking at those vids... Very Happy
simpleMD
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:
Ah-ha...I see. Thanks SimpleMD. This is very controversial and very interesting. There was a long thread about it on another board but it got pulled. I'm in the habit of printing out important threads now. Going to go to YouTube and start looking at those vids... Very Happy

And good luck...
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
That's weird. I just posted but it didn't come up...perhaps because I used a website addy. Anyway, I can't get to the Canada Pharmacy site as the URL defaults to a .ca addy and I get a notification to provide my email as the Canadian version of the website is "coming soon." Is any other Canuck having this prolem?
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:04 pm      Reply with quote
Oops, I must just correct some erroneous info two postings back. I said Radiesse has lidocaine in it. I just went to their site and it doesn't. I guess my doc was very good with the needle as I didn't feel much.
violet978
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
I am picturing someone self-injecting their lips and I can't imagine what the results would be.

These injections can last anywhere (depending on the filler) from 1 month to 10 years...What a risk! Injectables are not terribly expensive and I'd rather pay for a skilled injector.

There are some things that can't be scrimped on.
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
Violet, I don't think that the primary reason for wanting to do one's own injections is necessarily cost-savings. Many of us feel that we "know" our faces and precisely where we want the filler to go, more than our doctors do, however skilled they may be. "I want it just here to pad that out" is subject to interpretation. In my experience, not one of the four injectors I have used (all of whom have years of experience) has ever injected the grooves in the sides of my mouth properly, where I want it to be. Perhaps this is because they are viewing my face from an angle and I can see it dead on.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:03 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |