Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

DIY Filler Injections
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
I think it is difficult for individuals to "see" themselves in the same light as other people "see" them, and they then run the risk of overdoing it.

I ran into that when I was having my lips touched up every 3 months, and finally my injector told me NO MORE...I realized some time later that I had become totally obsessed with it, and thank goodness she stopped me. If she had done what I requested, I could have had Lisa Rinna lips. Shock

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:07 pm      Reply with quote
That's true Smile I live in Hollywood North as it's called and in a specific area where women seem to have an inordinate amount of money to spend on getting things "done." Some of the lips I see are just plain scary and I find it hard to believe that these ladies see themselves as more attractive with huge stiff duck lips than without them. I would like to inject filler in the corners of my lips. I have two PS buddies who say they'll watch if I like (neither does injecting). I am very tempted and would have ordered some Resty if the Canadian Pharmacy site was available in Canada. It reads the IP and comes up with a box telling Canadians it is "coming soon."

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:
That's true Smile I live in Hollywood North as it's called and in a specific area where women seem to have an inordinate amount of money to spend on getting things "done." Some of the lips I see are just plain scary and I find it hard to believe that these ladies see themselves as more attractive with huge stiff duck lips than without them.

Meg Ryan is another example...she doesn't even look like herself any more.

Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:01 am      Reply with quote
Hi Ladies. i am new to this site but am thinking about trying the self injecting thing..but I have had Resty,botox,radieesse..and remember it being painful...can some one please explain step by step and what size syringes and use of ladocaine? Another thing I noticed post on injecting saline...what is the purpose of this. Thanks to all of you...Im amazed the welth of noledge here.

Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:02 am      Reply with quote
knowledge

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:01 am      Reply with quote
Hi Shannon, OK to spell inaccurately. We all know what you meant Smile I don't think you'll find too much info on self-injecting here and you won't find any on the MMH board any more because they pulled it (Grr!) It's best to go to You Tube and search for "self-injecting Restylane" or "injecting Restylane" or whatever and you'll see a whole lot of vids. That's how Twila did it.

Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:43 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the reply..Is there any other ladies on here that self inject? I am in the medical proffesion..not a nurse or doctor but I am experienced in phelebotomy and injections...but someone told me recently that people where getting Resty and other fillers out of the country and the syringes where refilled with anamal fats...armadillo ect..I am looking for a reputable pharmacy...thanks

5% products discount

Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:25 am      Reply with quote
I know this isn't anyone here but since the topic was breached about us sometimes not knowing our own limits and what we see when we look in the mirror... see the link below.

If I could trust myself I would totally DIY injections to my own lip but I don't think I would know when to say when. I know when I did pay for injections I went back to the doc 2 or 3 times to get it just so cuz my lips weren't perfectly even/symmetrical, the filler is not always exactly where you want it.

I could see my self trying to even them out a little bit everyday because they are not "symmetrical" and end up with lips that look like two but cheeks on my face Laughing Laughing Laughing

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/3439638/Cosmetic-surgery-addict-injected-cooking-oil-into-her-own-face.html
Shannon Moore

Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:13 am      Reply with quote
WOW...that is amazing...dont worry I promise i wont do that to myself...what do you mean by breched?? I am only after resty,,I will continue getting my other fillers at my Dr office..I want it for fine lines..My Dr will also still be doing my lips...do you know what online pharmacy every one orders from and what is with the saline injections>>thanks

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:52 am      Reply with quote
Shannon if you read page 1 you'll find a couple of people talking about themselves self injecting. You could PM them for more info.
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:11 am      Reply with quote
Shannon, by "breached" she means "brought up/introduced." Most people in the US order from Canadapharmacy.com. Interestingly, Canadapharmacy.com is not currently available to anyone with a Canadian IP. Several people I know self-inject. They are mostly nurses. I just couldn't stick a needle in my NL folds but I want to do the corners of my mouth. (Correction: I used to want to do the corners of my mouth. Since doing those LouLou exercises and using my Baby Quasar, I can't even see any downturn in this area.)

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
I think the word we're looking for is "broached", but be that as it may, I'm in total awe of these ladies who can do filler injections for themselves, and I just wish one of them lived next door to me! Very Happy I can't even do derma roller.

I’m 60, never smoked, eat healthy, fitness center + hiking, lots of water and nutrients, size 4 jeans Smile, some lower facial sagging, but it’s improving with AALS, Clarisonic, Remergent, L2K, (including her new hand held devices), Ageless exercises, peels, OCM, etc. “This is my face; deal with it.” Annette Bening
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, it is broached. I need to self-inject my brain...

5% products discount

Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:46 pm      Reply with quote
hmmm, yes I am totally jelous that people can self inject.

However, since using ageless I don't feel like I need it in my face anymore but I still wish I could do my own lips just a little bit plumper.
catballou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:00 am      Reply with quote
Quote:

Hey, you think that might help?? Dancing I'm always saying I need to defrag my mental hard drive.

I've thought long and hard about ordering the supplies to do my own filler, but I can just see me getting several hundred dollars invested and then wimping out the first time I tried to stick a needle into my face. I don't think I could even stick a needle into someone else's face.

I’m 60, never smoked, eat healthy, fitness center + hiking, lots of water and nutrients, size 4 jeans Smile, some lower facial sagging, but it’s improving with AALS, Clarisonic, Remergent, L2K, (including her new hand held devices), Ageless exercises, peels, OCM, etc. “This is my face; deal with it.” Annette Bening
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:27 am      Reply with quote
catballou wrote:
Quote:

Hey, you think that might help?? Dancing I'm always saying I need to defrag my mental hard drive.

I've thought long and hard about ordering the supplies to do my own filler, but I can just see me getting several hundred dollars invested and then wimping out the first time I tried to stick a needle into my face. I don't think I could even stick a needle into someone else's face.

Laughing I'm laughing at that defrag comment. I work with Photoshop a lot (so I can tell when people enhance their pics by bringing them into PS and enlarging so that I can analyze the pixels Sad ) More than a few times, when applying makeup, I've had a split second of thinking "smoosh function" when observing spots or what-not on my face before realizing that this is real life and I can't do that! Actually, I was reading a while back about technology already developed that does allow a person to do this. It creates some kind of a visual shield around the body so that it becomes invisible. Obviously, it wasn't created with blemishes and wrinkles in mind. I think it may have had something to do with the entertainment industry or even military defence.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 03, 2009 6:53 am      Reply with quote
simpleMD wrote:
Yes.. Antonia.....Thats exactly right....how would someone know where they are injecting ?Its subcut.tissue,fat or hidden small vessel??Face is so vascularied ...didnt want to scare anyone but that "Saline"really scared me we know its just salt water...But the words of a teacher echoed in my ears that "There is nothing Normal about Normal saline".Smile Rolling Eyes
Be safe Ladies ...take out all the bubbles before you start( even if few drops are wasted ) and once inside the area pull back on the plunger to see that you did not hit any vessel...

Hi guys,

i've been reading alot about this recently and I'm trying to find as much info as possible. This info about the air bubbles really scares me though. If you pull back on the plunger whilst still in the skin, would that not draw blood into the syringe? Also, would this not be an issue if you're at the correct depth in the skin?

thanks

Jackie x
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 03, 2009 8:29 am      Reply with quote
Hi Jackie (and Bethany et al),
I received my Resty from a local pharmacy here in Canada, importing as a drop-ship from the UK. The main thing that worries me is depth. According to my PS (who actually thought this self-injecting was a good idea in the right hands), there are not any real "bleeders" in the layer where one is supposed to inject. I am going to use it on one corner of my lips where I have a slight indentation. Baby steps... I'll keep you briefed.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 03, 2009 9:04 am      Reply with quote
Hi Antonia,

thanks for replying. Does this mean that the air bubble thing shouldn't be an issue then? Also, what do you make of the pulling back the plunger when still in the skin, I think it's called aspiration or something? If I drew blood, I think I would definitely faint!

thanks

Jackie x
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 03, 2009 9:22 am      Reply with quote
Hi Jackie,

First, if you watch all the vids, you will see that the needle goes shallowly into the skin. You would have to really dig to hit a blood vessel of any consequence. I agree that you should squeeze a little product out first. I certainly wouldn't do anything major until I had experimented on smaller areas. Even then, I might get the larger areas done professionally (and ask to watch in a mirror as you are so "fascinated" by all this).

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 03, 2009 9:41 am      Reply with quote
Hi Antonia,

yes, i will definitely still get my lips done by the lady who has done them for years, but for smaller areas I would love to learn to DIY. I have been watching alot of the videos and the derm's seem to use a variety of techniques, even when treating the same area. I am so excited by this, but a bit nervous aswell,

Jackie x
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 03, 2009 9:45 am      Reply with quote
I feel "excited and nervous" too! I will keep you posted. That may be by PM because another forum closed down the thread on SI due to possible liability issues.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 03, 2009 9:57 am      Reply with quote
thanks Antonia,that would be great,

Jackie x
SansSouci572
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 03, 2009 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
I would like to do this too. I was diy mespotherapy...and when I get the cash, my own hgh.
I had been looking into diy saline for the spider veins on my legs---
I get them like crazy, and it costs $700!
They are really low now, I can't wear capri's.

I didn't know you could inject saline as fillers, unless there was something to hold it with, like those breast implants..I would think it would dissapate. It seems "safer", as it would eventually go away.
Say, all I am finding for saline is eyedrops. Is it the same stuff they inject in spider veins?
And lips?

Seriously. I would like just a touch on my lips and some botox. Just a a smidgen...

Next, diy breast implants. (Just kidding!!)

Now, off to watch the video!

(How exciting!)
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 03, 2009 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
I thought that saline was only injected as a temporary measure in the face - just to see what the effect would be before actually using an appropriate filler.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:25 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |