Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
The best natural antiperspirant / deodorant you've used?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
azwildcats7
5% products discount

Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
Burts Bees of course!
ladymb

Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:21 am      Reply with quote
Any luck finding out which L'Occitane deodorant? For now I think I'll try the KMF one. I currently use Tom's but towards the end of the day sometimes half day I have to reapply Confused
fenix

Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:30 am      Reply with quote
I have the same body odor problem since I use only natural antiperspirants. It is ok for 2-3 hours and then Confused
I found Lavilin - Underarm Deodorant Cream at iherb and I'm amazed:
"Lavilin the "single application revolution" odor free up to 7 days
A unique herbal deodorant cream. Alcohol, aluminum and paraben free! No need to re-apply after bathing, exercise or strenuous activity - Water resistant. Ideal for athletes."

Is it possible to be true?
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:11 am      Reply with quote
Milk of Magnesia works for my husband and me. Can't believe how effective it is. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:36 am      Reply with quote
I'm kind of fascinated by sweat! I spent a year in Texas in 100-112F temperatures for a ridiculous amount of that time, and couldn't believe how much water I drank, how sweat was literally pouring from everywhere(!) - and how no one seemed to have any body odor! And I go to a lot of heavy shows where drunks & punks are moshing, people end up coming up for a hug afterwards, etc.

In normal temperatures I can sometimes get quite sweaty underarms... tried other products, (some really strong & harsh which actually hurt my skin!), but always go back to the Secret Solid invisible probably since I've used since I was a teenager. I'd love to use natural but none seemed to be in the least bit effective. Sometimes I'm ok and fairly dry, but other times, yikes. Sad
I've just gotten used to it.. try not to wear tops that constrain, spritz my shirts with vinegar before washing, etc. What a hassle.

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
YB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:50 am      Reply with quote
fenix wrote:
I have the same body odor problem since I use only natural antiperspirants. It is ok for 2-3 hours and then Confused
I found Lavilin - Underarm Deodorant Cream at iherb and I'm amazed:
"Lavilin the "single application revolution" odor free up to 7 days
A unique herbal deodorant cream. Alcohol, aluminum and paraben free! No need to re-apply after bathing, exercise or strenuous activity - Water resistant. Ideal for athletes."

Is it possible to be true?

Thanks for the hint, fenix.

I didn't know they finally came to US market. This stuff used by Israeli solders for decades.

The inventor is Israeli pharmacist Hlavin. I tried it around 15 years ago in Israel, but didn't like the consistency of the cream. I am sure they improved much since then and they've got more products too.

I'll definitely give it a try now. Thanks again

Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:16 am      Reply with quote
An update:

Instead of Lavilin, I ordered Now Foods, Long-Lasting Deodorant Cream and I can say it really does its job.
No underarm odor all day long and the good thing is it is natural.
AmandaLily

Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:26 am      Reply with quote
Try the new EST or EST soothe by In Love With Bodycare and it absolutely trumps all of the other natural deodorants (I've tried almost all of them Wink) It works SOOO well and there is no hassle with it!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:49 am      Reply with quote
Crystal Un-odorant. I use the stick, the spray and the wipes. I have been using it for maybe 3 or 4 years and I've never looked back.

While it doesn't stop you sweating, it does prevent the smell of sweat. If you get too wet. the wipes work beautifully by drying you while depositing the anti-bacterial product so that you still have the deodorant on. I usually use the spray after the wipes just because. I could really just do with the wipes alone. I like the wipes because they are singles and easy to carry in case I ever need to freshen up.

What I have found since giving up antiperspirants is I sweat less, and have even gone w/o using Crystal a whole day and been dry w/o any smell. Also my armpits which used to be a touch darker than the rest of the surrounding area have completely cleared up and have the same color as my arms, which makes raising my arms a comfortable thing to do since my armpits don't look as if they have stubble or a bad disease anymore.

I can't say enough good things about this product.

I do believe that when you first give up antiperspirants, you may sweat something awful and almost want to give up the venture, but I do believe that blocking your body's natural way of ridding itself of toxins just makes them build up inside, so that when you stop it's like "Oooh wee!" Embarassed But in time, that will pass and you'll start to appreciate how well just taking care of bacteria can really solve the problem of armpit odor...and you may find like me, you're not really a sweat-er.

I have heard some people say they use hand sanitizer before their deodorant. I think it's the anti-bacterial feature of the product that is to thank for their success with this method. I just feel more comfortable using a product made for the purpose.

You can read more about Crystal on their website: thecrystal.com/crystal_story.cfm
FarrukhBilal

Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:24 am      Reply with quote
Hi…
I read your post and really you have done a great effort. I visit many sites and blogs most of the deodorant like but the problem they are not satisfy me but at last I visit this naturallyfreshdeodorantcrystal then this product satisfied me at every aspects of the product that’s why I said to all of u to use this and feel the differences.
Thanks
AlexWilson

Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:41 am      Reply with quote
Natural deodorant crystal is good for me i also use this and feel very comfort about to relate every thing regarding this
butterflyrainbow
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:41 am      Reply with quote
I love Weleda Rose Deoderant. You will still sweat, but it cuts down on the bad odor of an armpit without totally blocking your pheromones. My boyfriend uses it too and unless he's outside all day he smells great.
nmmclach

Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
I've been on the hunt for a clean deodorant for a looooong time now, and I've tried most of the brands recommended, except for Fresh (I think I'll buy it this weekend and give it a shot). I tried Soapwalla after a million recommendations, but unfortunately it's not great for me. I think, however, that it's great for A LOT of people, and their customer service is insanely great, so you may want to give it a shot. Same goes for In Love with Body Care (customer service, and their rave reviews). L'Occitane, nope. LaVanilla, nope. KMF... also no. My search continues, and I'll keep you posted. I just ordered Real Purity today, so fingers crossed that it, or Fresh will work. Good luck with your search!
Discerning Consumer

Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:09 am      Reply with quote
In Love With Body Care carries several varieties of all natural deodorant I like. After a few months of using this the perspiration lessened so antiperspirant was no longer needed. This is the best deodorant on the market. I've been using it for several years and will use nothing else. Tried everything on the market for the previous 15 years and finally, thankfully found this one.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
I can tell you a natural deo that DOESNT work: ChagrinValleySoapandSalve. The ingredients are ok:

Organic Virgin Coconut Oil; Organic Jojoba Oil; Organic Cornstarch; Baking Soda; Organic Beeswax. Organic essential oils: Bergamot, Pink Grapefruit, Petitigrain
- See more at: http://www.chagrinvalleysoapandsalve.com/products/details/for-the-body/organic-deodorant/coconut-silk-cream-deodorant-citrus-blossom#sthash.xi4V1bQT.dpuf

... but the actual product doesnt work to eliminate odor, and the ones I tried, Forest and Citrus, do not smell very good on their own either. Its pasty and grainy and makes a powder on black clothing. Not a v good product IMHO.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:33 am      Reply with quote
Dont know if its been mentioned yet, but Head&Shoulders shampoo does a fantastic job of preventing the odor-causing bacteria. Zinc pyrithione is a great antimicrobial for acne too.

I wash with it and dont have to worry about odor or the white rub-off from deo. Its not an antiperspirant tho. For that you would need something like Clinical Strength deo, but it has aluminum.

There are medical Rx's for excessive sweating and even Botox can help IIRC.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
I use Miessence and am quite happy with it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:22 am      Reply with quote
I like Crystal Body Deodorant which are made of natural mineral salts; good price and last long.
Alexya
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
I love Lavanila stick deodorant, which says it is "100% natural". The "fresh Vanilla LEMON" is the only one I like, hate the fragrance of the other scents in their line, but the Lemon one's a keeper-- it doesn't smell lemony, just a pleasant scent.
I sweat like crazy at the gym but at least I don't stink. For some reason I have noticed I have less armpit sweat when using this product even though it's not an "antiperspirant".
You can get Lavanila at their own website, and at Sephora, among other places.
This is a great thread with some really interesting suggestions.
Cool
MyrnaLoy
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
About a month ago I ran across an online article about using vodka or rubbing alcohol as deodorant. I started using a cotton pad and wiping my underarms with alcohol and it worked like a charm! No drying of my skin, no rubbing in a cream, no waiting for a liquid to dry, and no nasty crystal sitting around getting funky. Some people, Joan Rivers among them, use vodka. Some people add essential oils and/or spray their alcohol on. I have an enormous bottle of alcohol and a lot of cotton rounds, so I'll continue using them. HTH somebody.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:14 pm      Reply with quote
Try Real Purity http://www.realpurity.com/deodorant.html

It is the best, it actually works!(unlike some that smell good when you put them on, but not by the end of the day Very Happy )

AND it's cheap and pure!
doodles
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:31 pm      Reply with quote
MyrnaLoy wrote:
About a month ago I ran across an online article about using vodka or rubbing alcohol as deodorant. I started using a cotton pad and wiping my underarms with alcohol and it worked like a charm! No drying of my skin, no rubbing in a cream, no waiting for a liquid to dry, and no nasty crystal sitting around getting funky. Some people, Joan Rivers among them, use vodka. Some people add essential oils and/or spray their alcohol on. I have an enormous bottle of alcohol and a lot of cotton rounds, so I'll continue using them. HTH somebody.

I have been using rubbing alcohol for the last few days and it works great. Thanks Myrna!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
I'm so glad you tried it! I'm usually a thread killer. Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
MyrnaLoy wrote:
I'm so glad you tried it! I'm usually a thread killer. Laughing

Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:28 am      Reply with quote
I just bought the Real Purity deordorant you recommended. Thanks for the recommendation HappyHippie!

Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:59 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |