Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
DermaRoller
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
dips18
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:33 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Hi dips18,
I've also got both of the rollers now!! I'm totally into the rolling - I do my whole face once a week with the large one and use the smaller one to spot treat. I have to use numbing cream with the big roller as it hurts so much. Afterwards, I apply CP then Retin-A - my poor skin!!!

However, I'm really seeing results - I did peel like mad the first two times and my pigmentation and a couple of scars are looking much better. So far I'm into my fourth week - they say you see real results after 80 days so I have a way to go yet. But I'm convinced I'm seeing better results for the rolling than from the peels - I'm hooked!!

Hi Keliu,
Yes I'm seeing results too - quite amazing. I'm very excited to see the results in a few more weeks as it has only been two weeks for me. I don't use numbing cream but I should as the big one does hurt! but worth it. I'm seeing a change in my dermal pigmentation which has been really hard to break up until now. Are you stopping peels altogether? or just for a while?
Rileygirl - I think you can put on after or before. I think most users on this thread put on after? am I right girls?
Dips
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:55 pm      Reply with quote
I have to wash off the numbing cream so I put the CP on after, then wait 30 mins then put on Retin-A.

Dips, I have stopped the peels because using the roller with Retin-A is making me peel quite allot. Also, the rolling makes my skin quite red and tender for a few days, so I think that doing a peel as well would be tantamount to abuse!!

I'm going to do another two treatments with the big roller, that will be six all up, then I'll start back on the peels and will use the smaller roller on a daily basis and see how that goes.
luvyourskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:18 am      Reply with quote
Wow!!! You are all very brave!
I kept reading this thread because I was amazed how y'all could suffer through the process.
The more I read however, the more interesting the concept became so...here's a thought for you gals
Have any of you considered, or tried the DermaRoller on thighs (or whatever!) followed by cellulite cream???
I'd love to know your opinions on that possibility! Idea
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:25 am      Reply with quote
They make a roller especially for use on cellulite, its shaped like a computer mouse and has three rollers underneath. So of course, you could also use the face roller on other areas.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:41 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the advice, dips and Keliu!
kyplantjunkie
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:31 am      Reply with quote
Here's a link I got off the acne.org website
http://www.microneedle.com/clinical_data.html
It's pretty interesting. I got the impression that if you put on topicals before and after rolling, it gets in much deeper.I had been putting them on after.

Also, not sure where I read this one, but I read you should wait to put on the cp's until after the "holes" have closed (30-60 minutes). So, now, I'm putting on Candy's triple C before; then after, tripleC, matrixyl, and Retin-A. The dmae was too irritating for me after rolling, so I use it in the morning. Everyone is different. What are all of you fellow rollers using?

Robin
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:27 am      Reply with quote
So the consensus looks like I should get one short and one long roller. Can someone pm me about a reliable e-bay vendor or other source of these.

Thanks! I'm looking forward to rolling!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
One more question, please. Do you all use this around your eyes, meaning underneath and to the sides of your eyes or is the eye area too thin/sensitive for the dermaroller? Thanks in advance!
kyplantjunkie
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
I use the short roller (Novaderm .75mm)all around my eyes-gently. The long one, I've only used on my lids.
Robin
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Robin!
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
kyplantjunkie wrote:

Also, not sure where I read this one, but I read you should wait to put on the cp's until after the "holes" have closed (30-60 minutes).
Robin

This is interesting because I thought that CPs were supposed to be healing, this is why its recommended that they be used immediately after a peel. Wish you could remember where you read this. Maybe I should ask Skinbiology.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:00 am      Reply with quote
Ok, so I've asked Skinbiology, will let you know when I receive the reply. There's a few other questions about skin needling on their forum too - they don't appear to have a problem with it. Dr. Pickart was even approached to sell the roller on the website but decided not too because of complications with FDA.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
Have just received the reply from Skinbiology, so here it is:

"We generally recommend to use Regular CP Serum (perhaps even diluted with water) after procedures. All SRCPs/copper-peptides should not be applied on skin that is broken, oozing, or irritated."

Also have a look at the info on this page:
http://www.scar-reduction.com/acnescars.html#Subcision%20or%20Needling%20to%20Break%20Down%20Scars%20followed

"Subcision or Needling to Break Down Scars followed by Copper Peptides

In this procedure, a needle (such as tattoo needle) disrupts the scar collagen and stimulates replacement of newly formed collagen. Best results are achieved with several sessions. This often used on pitted acne scars or at the margins of face lifts. Some scars may be too deep and too hard for hydroxy acids to effective loosen.

Another idea is that certain scars form a barrier wall or "zone-of-stasis" that blocks the body's scar removal systems. Scar-clearing macrophages cannot penetrate the barrier and blood vessels will not grow through the barrier. The subcision breaks down this barrier and allows the body to begin dissolving the scar tissue.

Some estheticians tell us that they use CP Serum or Trireduction after the needling and see a much better and faster clearing of the scars. However, do not apply the copper peptides until the wound has scabbed over and is no longer open or oozing liquid."

So yes, I think I'll wait 30 mins after rolling and then apply diluted CP Serum.
kyplantjunkie
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Keliu- I never would have remembered where I read it. Frankly, I'm lucky if I remeber what I ate for breakfast!
Robin Rolling Eyes
tasha92337
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:13 am      Reply with quote
can u use dermaroll under eyes to lift saggy skin?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
tasha92337 wrote:
can u use dermaroll under eyes to lift saggy skin?

You can use a skin roller under the eyes but I would use one with shorter needles.

I'm finding that the saggy skin on my neck is really tightening up from all the needling.
4sons
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
OMG ... I may NEED one of these!! It sure would be a lot cheaper than a neck lift!!

Frodo, what do you think so far??

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
I think it depends on the individual and how much sagging you have,if you have a a lot of sag I think surgery is the only option. So far I have been using the dermaroller under my eyes and crows feet followed by retin A and other high end skin products like TNS recovery.My wrinkles have greatly improved and I dont really have crows feet(I am 53). I used botox but by now it should have worn off and my eyes look really good I am hoping the dermaroller has eliminated the need for further botox treatments,I also use TNS Recovery which helps to build up the collagen in wrinkles.I think the combined effort of the dermaroller, retin A, top skin products, staying out of the sun and taking lots of vitamins etc have started to pay off. Very Happy
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
lucyluc - how long did it take for your wrinkles to improve with the dermaroller?
4sons
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
lucyluc ... do you use your dermaroller on your neck? If so, do you use the one with the long or short needles?

This is all strangely fascinating to me -

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
Yes I use it on the neck and sometimes all over my face if I have time....I use the short one for inhome use, not the one that makes you bleed.I am not positive if my improvement is from the dermaroller or botox. I used botox but by now it should wear off and the crows feet should return and they havent yet so either its the dermaroller or botox is just lasting longer.I dont think its the botox because I have had it many times and it has never lasted this long.Also I use skin medicas TNS recovery and their night eyecream 2 times a day and retin A at night.I think that in conjunction with the dermaroller have softened lines.Under my eyes look pretty good and most people think I am in my 30's, not 50's.
4sons
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
Is yours the Leaf and Russcher Dermaroller for home use??? Where did you get it???

Will you tell me if this routine sounds right?

Cleanse
Do you use your active (say Vitamin C) and THEN use the dermaroller or does one do the rolling and THEN apply the actives.

I understand that one works up from 2x a week to maybe 2x a day ...

This is incredibly interesting.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
yes I bought the leaf rusher one for home use on ebay it was around$70.I use it twice a day, it doesnt hurt that much I use it after cleansing my face and when it is still slightly moist I first roll and then use my skin products. I need to get the heavy duty roller to use once in a while because that is supposed to have more dramatic benefits but I am afraid my face might look bad for several days and I work with the public and cant afford to look like crap,I would need to take time off.........
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:09 pm      Reply with quote
I have noticed my melasma has improved but that might be due to religiously staying out of the sun, and using skin medicas Vitamin C...I use so many products sometimes I am not really sure which one is working.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
I need to get the heavy duty roller to use once in a while because that is supposed to have more dramatic benefits but I am afraid my face might look bad for several days and I work with the public and cant afford to look like crap,I would need to take time off.........

I use the 1.5mm roller and whilst it does hurt initially, there is no down-time. If anything, my facial skin looks fabulous the day after. My neck does turn red, but actually, after continued use, the redness is much milder. So roll away with confidence - you'll be fine. Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:14 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |