Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

DermaRoller
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
The very first 1.5mm dermaroller I bought, from ebay US, had a few bent/loose needles from new too. It was identical to the dermarollers.us rollers. (I kept it because of the hassle with overseas shipping).

I'd definitely buy more Dr Roller ones in future. I only have one 1.5mm so far but it's sharper and better constructed than the ebay one. So much so that I didn't even consider numbing cream till I used it!

I use Lidocaine spray (normally used for earpiercing/waxing) from ebay to numb my face..and Lanacaine (UK version, which has Benzocaine in it) afterwards so I can get some shuteye. Maybe my skin is especially sensitive but after a Dr Roller session I sting so much I can't sleep without it.

Afterwards I put the roller in sterilising fluid or soak it with a anti-bacterial denture tablet for no more than 30 minutes. I haven't used anti-bacterials on my face, it doesn't seem to have done me any harm. Confused

I can't say I ever enjoy doing it..two more fortnightly rolls and that's me for a while, thank goodness!

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
Thyckecutie wrote:
ok so 4 needles are bent on dermaroller. 2 on the left and 2 on the right. Can this damage your skin? I told the ebay seller that I want another one so I have to send this one back and get another one....geez

Thycke, whoch ebay seller did you buy from? I would like to add an FYI to the Discounted Dermarollers thread so people are aware.

And yes, that can definitely damage your skin! You want to check every new roller for 1) bent needles and 2) loose needles.

I will say that I have found neither on my 5 Embarassed Dr. Rollers, thank goodness.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
I think I should ask for my $$ back instead of having him send me another one. I guess I will try one more time and if they are bent I will send it back and get a refund. Then I will just purchase a Dr. Roller. Guess thats what I get for trying to save some money Sad
Thyckecutie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
the ebay seller is giftstoyourdoor and I just read one negative comment that someones needles got bent after first use.
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:32 am      Reply with quote
Thyckecutie wrote:
the ebay seller is giftstoyourdoor and I just read one negative comment that someones needles got bent after first use.

Can't say I blame you, thyckecutie, they're incredibly cheap! I bought one of those from another seller and it cost me about £15 more! Embarassed

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
skin care addict
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:09 pm      Reply with quote
Thats a bummer about the roller from "giftsto yourdoor." Thankfully ,Thyckcutie you can get a refund.

I like my DrRoller,but still need to get a better numbing cream. I got mine from *wow 78*on Ebay.
mandapanda
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:07 am      Reply with quote
Hi there gals!
Just checking in! Smile

Wanted to give an update of my rolling results!
I have only been rolling every two to 3 weeks now, because was worried that my hyperpigmentation was flaring up from the possible inflammation from the rolling. Confused
I have been alternating between the .5 and the 1.0 ( it stinks though...the .5 will not roll anymore and I have treated it like a baby..they are from Nova clinic..but looks like I will order the Dr Rollers now Sad ....anyhow, I have been doing that and the Prolight platinum about 2 x's a week...
Also, the little ultrasound machine to help with penetrating my actives also abouttwice a week..Weird thing, but think it is helping circulation!

My skin is starting to look great. Very Happy
I guess what you said, Bethany, about skin having to maybe get worse before it gets better is very true! That is what I am seeing.
Sort of like the Retin-a theory.

My rolls have been gentle, though...more recently..I just can't take it..even with the tridocaine? weird!
Maybe I will get this Climax stuff..lol
The crazy stuff we do for beauty! (Cleopatra applied alligator dung to her face, though..so we aren't that bad..hehe Laughing )

Also, my hands..which I could roll quite vigorously with the 1.0 or 1.5, got quite rough and wrinkly for the first month or so, and very tough..Now they are very smooth like a baby and the skin seems much thicker! thank goodness..as they made me look much older.

anyhow, just a check in and glad to see everyone is doing pretty well!

Ciao for now! Smile
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:27 am      Reply with quote
mandapanda wrote:
the .5 will not roll anymore and I have treated it like a baby..they are from Nova clinic..but looks like I will order the Dr Rollers now Sad

The Nova Clinic rollers are made by Dr. Roller as well.

I think the enzyme cleaner may do something to the metal parts of the roller...I also had one that did not roll smoothly. I sprayed a tiny bit of silcone lubricant at the joints, and it has been perfect ever since. WD-40 should work as well...just remember to shield the roller itself, and only spray a TINY bit!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
I'm so bummed - I looked over my roller carefully bcz I was afraid I'd damaged it the first time I used it (clumsy me Rolling Eyes )

Well - there were a couple of bent needles. I tried to straighten them, but don't think that helped much (might've bent a few more)

Not sure what to do - if I should toss it or try again anyway. Can't do it this week as it is - still recovering from my breakout. Maybe next week??

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
I'm so bummed - I looked over my roller carefully bcz I was afraid I'd damaged it the first time I used it (clumsy me Rolling Eyes )

Well - there were a couple of bent needles. I tried to straighten them, but don't think that helped much (might've bent a few more)

Not sure what to do - if I should toss it or try again anyway. Can't do it this week as it is - still recovering from my breakout. Maybe next week??

Ugh...where did your roller come from?

The only option you really have (other than possibly damaging your skin) is to pull out the bent needles with needle-nose pliars.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
Hi bethany - I have the good one (Dr. Roller) It's my fault they're bent (I dropped it on the first roll - arrghh!!)

I will need to get a needle nose plier - I checked my DH's supply and didn't see one small enuf to tackle the job (and he did have a needle nose one)

Pulling those babies out would be best Mad

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
Hi bethany - I have the good one (Dr. Roller) It's my fault they're bent (I dropped it on the first roll - arrghh!!)

Don't feel bad...I dropped mine too. Embarassed But it didn't get bent, thank goodness.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
What is the best CP to use for the cheapest price?
gemmabella
5% products discount

Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:41 am      Reply with quote
how bad does the wrinkley skin get after using the 1mm roller? do you have to hide in the house while your waiting for it to heal properly?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
gemmabella, I got wrinkly looking but nothing severe where I would have to hide out. I don't think anyone other than me noticed, either.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
Thyckecutie wrote:

It will all depend on what kind of skin you have. I used serums bcz I have oily skin.

With the CP Serum - I diluted it to begin w/. I bought the smallest size that Skin Bio offers - which is the 1 oz size. It's around $22 - so a reasonable price. I think it lasted around a couple of months.

I used a dilution ratio of:

wk 1 - 7 drops H2O:1 drop CP
wk 3 - 6 drops H2O:2 drops CP
wk 5 - 5 drops H2O:3 drops CP
wk 7 - 4 drops H2O:4 drops CP
wk 9 - 3 drops H2O:5 drops CP

you can see the ratio. just increase the CPs and decrease the H2O until you're at full strenght CP. then you'll avoid the uglies. you can only do this w/ the serums since they're water based. if you use the creams, you have to buffer your skin w/ emu oil or only use a couple times/wk until you get use to it.

If you find this works for you, you can go up in stength. Go slow so you don't get those 'uglies'. For combo skin - the creams are OK. I break out from the creams w/ my OILY skin, tho. Skin Bio offers the smaller sizes for trial use. They also have a special of a free sample w/ $50 purchase. Not a bad deal.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:51 am      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
Thyckecutie wrote:

It will all depend on what kind of skin you have. I used serums bcz I have oily skin.

With the CP Serum - I diluted it to begin w/. I bought the smallest size that Skin Bio offers - which is the 1 oz size. It's around $22 - so a reasonable price. I think it lasted around a couple of months.

I used a dilution ratio of:

wk 1 - 7 drops H2O:1 drop CP
wk 3 - 6 drops H2O:2 drops CP
wk 5 - 5 drops H2O:3 drops CP
wk 7 - 4 drops H2O:4 drops CP
wk 9 - 3 drops H2O:5 drops CP

you can see the ratio. just increase the CPs and decrease the H2O until you're at full strenght CP. then you'll avoid the uglies. you can only do this w/ the serums since they're water based. if you use the creams, you have to buffer your skin w/ emu oil or only use a couple times/wk until you get use to it.

If you find this works for you, you can go up in stength. Go slow so you don't get those 'uglies'. For combo skin - the creams are OK. I break out from the creams w/ my OILY skin, tho. Skin Bio offers the smaller sizes for trial use. They also have a special of a free sample w/ $50 purchase. Not a bad deal.

Thanks I think I will go with the serum. I do have oily skin also on my face. I dont think I do body wise. Thats where I would be using it. I hear a lot of people talk about emu oil. Is it important that I get this? I dont want to clog my pores with soo many different products so I just want to use whats best and most efficent
Thyckecutie
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:53 am      Reply with quote
Ok..So Im going to make my own Vit C. Hope it turns out well. As far as Vit A which is also good for the sking, I want to use that too. As I am shopping for these products I see a bottle of Vit A I can purchase. Is this just as good? can I apply then one after another? Or maybe mix my Vit A with my Revitol cream when I apply that?
gemmabella
5% products discount

Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:30 am      Reply with quote
thanks rileygirl, do you mind me asking you how long that lasted or did it just go because you rolled again? i just want to make sure that it actully goes away on its own, like before you rolled again. otherwise how do you know that your skin really is getting better and not just being inflamed from the roll again? i know im very parnoid, i just got my roller in the post today and il be doing it saturday night - ive never done anything like this before im kinda freaking out about using my 1mm on my face then body!!! this stuff really is complicated! lol!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:12 am      Reply with quote
Hi, gemmabella. I would say my wrinkly look lasted 2-3 days tops. It did go away on its own. If you do get the wrinkly look, I would not roll until it has gone, just my opinion! Do you have sensitive skin, gemmabella? And, have you been using retin A or any other actives?

Don't be afraid, really it is not that bad. Just start really light for your first roll, don't press to hard, just get a feel for it on your face. Very Happy
gemmabella
5% products discount

Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:23 am      Reply with quote
wow thats good to hear!
this is my plan:

roll sat nite, do my face 1st and then my body.

use nothing on the skin until monday morning before i go to work, my moisturiser is anti inflamitary so i dont want to interfere with the "repair" process after i roll.

i wont do it again for another 3-4 weeks to make sure im giving myself enough down time and not doing any long term damage.

i cant use any form of vitiman A topically because i do have sensitive skin, but i am taking it daily in suppliment form.
my moisturising cream is an all natural ingredient one that is packed full of vitiman c.

so i know its not ideal but i have to be carefull with my skin. its not tough at all - thats my main reason for doing this to toughen it up and also to remove some fine lines and small scars. does it sound ok to you girls?

thanks in advance.

gemma
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
TC- if you buy the CP Serum, you might need the Emu Oil for that.

Serums have no lipids (oil) in them. The emu provides that PLUS also pushes the CP into your skin. The lipds in the emu oil are similiar to human lipids and our skin will readily accept it. Emu oil makes a great moisturizer for that reason. (Most other moisturizers just sit on top of the skin)

CP creams already have some lipids in them, so they don't really need emu oil. (It's OK to use it if you want to, tho)

On a side note - if you find the CPs are too strong for you, or you are moving too fast w/ them - you can use the emu oil to buffer your skin. Just apply it before you apply the CPs. It will slow down the absorbtion of the CP.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
TC- if you buy the CP Serum, you might need the Emu Oil for that.

Serums have no lipids (oil) in them. The emu provides that PLUS also pushes the CP into your skin. The lipds in the emu oil are similiar to human lipids and our skin will readily accept it. Emu oil makes a great moisturizer for that reason. (Most other moisturizers just sit on top of the skin)

CP creams already have some lipids in them, so they don't really need emu oil. (It's OK to use it if you want to, tho)

On a side note - if you find the CPs are too strong for you, or you are moving too fast w/ them - you can use the emu oil to buffer your skin. Just apply it before you apply the CPs. It will slow down the absorbtion of the CP.

So I guess I will go with the cream. Do you think the cream will last a long time? I think you are supposed to use once per day correct?
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:44 pm      Reply with quote
TC - if the CPs are for your belly (& stretch marks), then the cream is fine. Even one of the stronger ones would be fine. Those are scars and you have to treat them as such. The Tri-Reduction might be a good one to start w/.

Remember to use an exfoliative too. That, plus the roller to get the products in deeper, would do a nice job on SMs.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:07 am      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
TC - if the CPs are for your belly (& stretch marks), then the cream is fine. Even one of the stronger ones would be fine. Those are scars and you have to treat them as such. The Tri-Reduction might be a good one to start w/.

Remember to use an exfoliative too. That, plus the roller to get the products in deeper, would do a nice job on SMs.

Whats an exfoliative? I do use exfoliating gloves when I shower. Or do you mean something else? I am still deciding which roller to get Rolling Eyes since it is now time for my next roll. Only on rolling days can i put the cps on before i roll to get them in deeper?
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:17 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |