Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)
DermaRoller
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
newport7777

Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
I have enjoyed reading the past threads on dermarolling. I am a new member to this site. I derma roll about once every 4 days. I roll my face by dipping the roller in warm water only. afterward I have certain serums I apply that do not sting my face. Some ingredients in some products sting when applied to a freshly rolled face. I only roll at night. I thing it has made my skin thicker. More volume to it. I love it!
vero
5% products discount

Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
vero wrote:
Hello,
I have a question about dermaroller: if it is used for the wrinkles, after the wrinkles are reduced, should be the dermaroller used regullary ? are the wrinkles 'cured' or its will became like at the begging (before use the dermaroller) ?
Thank You

Can You answer to my question ? Please...
Thank You in advance
moonda
5% products discount

Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
I bought my derma roller from trademe which is like ebay in nz.cost me about 35 dollars and does the trick.they explain what each size needle is for in auction.happy rolling!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:50 pm      Reply with quote
We are never cured of wrinkles. We can get improvement but it's a never ending battle Laughing

5% products discount

Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:48 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
We are never cured of wrinkles. We can get improvement but it's a never ending battle Laughing

But if You stop using the dermaroller, the wrinkles will became like before using the dermaroller ? (except the natural process of aging)
vasilenka
5% products discount

Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
I have a quick question.
I am 23 years old,
Am i too young to start using the dermaroller?
I am looking to buy the high frequency machine because i have some acne, and was wondering whether Dermaroller is good option for me. or should i wait until i get a bit older?

I dont want to do too much when i am young and then when i get old those things to not have the same effect if you know what i mean.

Looking forward Smile
and thank you so much
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
dermarollers are not good for active acne. get your acne under control before using a roller. rolling over active acne will cause it to spread.

rollers are good for acne scars, however.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:23 am      Reply with quote
I have been rolling my neck area w/a .5 mm DRfor about 4 months, a couple of times a month, and adding CP serum afterward.

I read somewhere that DRs only last for about 10 rolls or so, is this true?

Will moving up to a 1 mm give me better results?

I am trying to tighten up the skin under my chin and the neck area. I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks!
newport7777

Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:27 am      Reply with quote
ellenalesa wrote:
I have been rolling my neck area w/a .5 mm DRfor about 4 months, a couple of times a month, and adding CP serum afterward.

I read somewhere that DRs only last for about 10 rolls or so, is this true?

Will moving up to a 1 mm give me better results?

I am trying to tighten up the skin under my chin and the neck area. I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks!

Hi- I probably use the roller about the same as you- once a week. I think using it only that much - it should last up to a year. If used daily - it should be replaced every 6 months or so. I guess it is based on when you feel you want to spend another $100.00. I can not imagine rolling on the face for a couple of minutes once a week dulls it that much! Exclamation hmm
Coconut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:29 am      Reply with quote
Does anybody have a good post roll protocol that has given them results?

There are a lot of things I'm thinking of using (copper peptides, 302 drops, vitamin A&E oil, Nia 24, etc.)
Sidmo
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:11 am      Reply with quote
I have a question about CP. I am going to buy a Dermaroller and have read that a lot of you use CP afterwards. But what is it exactly? A powder, a cream and where can I get it?

Thanks!
DonnaJoy

Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
My daughter is trying Trilastin. We're ordering a derma roller. We're hoping the creme and the roller will work well together.

D
ellenalesa

Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:50 am      Reply with quote
I have a .5 mm DR and the basic CP from Dr. Pickart. I have been rolling once every 2 weeks or so for about 4 months, and applying CP 30 minutes after.

I think I see an improvement.

It generally looks a little WORSE for 2-4 days after rolling, and then it looks better.

I am in the process of shedding fat and building muscle. I wanted to start the DR process sooner rather than later, in the hopes that it would help my skin get/stay tighter as I lose fat.
Tonia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
Hi! I just wanted to let everyone know. I've used the 1mm in the past and recently purchased the 1.5mm. I had held off on the 1.5mm because I was concerned about the pain. I used it on Sunday and could tell no difference in pain. Recovery has been the same as well. The only difference was more bleeding.

Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone, I just bought a 1.5 derma roller from Scientia (sp?) anyway can I just use this all over my face? I'm 44 with fairly deep crows feet, forehead lines, and deep vertical lip lines that filler just isn't really helping that much. I don't really want to buy the 1.0 but I want to roll like 5 times a week but I'm thinking this is going to be way too much. I use copper peptides before rolling and use ozonated olive oil at bedtime. Any thoughts on this please let me know...I'm determined to have very youthful looking skin again. Thanks!
Tonia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
Janaswede, you can't roll 5 times a week with the 1.5 or the 1mm. It's too rough on your skin. You can only roll daily (or more than once a week) with a .25 or less. You should not use the longer needles like 1 or 1.5 more than once a month. They make you bleed, then you have a sunburned look for a day or two. Then your skin will get very rough and you will peel. The whole process takes 7-10 days. After that, the collagen develops over a period of several months. If you roll too frequently, you will interrupt the process and the collagen will never be able to develop. I tried rolling once a month and couldn't stand it. I hated having my skin messed up for 10 days out of every month. Now, I roll once every 2-3 months.

You can roll all over your face. The upper lip hurts like crazy. Its too much for me, and I get some serious bruising if I roll just under my eyebrows. Other than that, I haven't had any problems.

I'm sorry if this was more information than you needed. I had to learn the hard way. Best of luck!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:17 am      Reply with quote
I live in Vancouver Canada, are there any clinics or spas that do professional dermarolling treatments?

Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Tonia! Ok, so I can roll with a .25 every day or 4-5 times a week then roll the 1.5 once every 1-3 months. I didn't roll very hard with the 1.5 the other night be my skin does seem really 'crepe-y'. I'm using Copper Peptides at night as well. I have deep crows feet that I want to reverse so I hope this helps and the botox really screws up the natural-ness of my smile lines around my eyes so I really don't like it unless someone can recommend someone real good here in Seattle Wink
Tonia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
I'm using Copper Peptides with the 1.5 too. It is working well for me so far.

As far as the botox is concerned, you can always get a partial freeze instead of a full freeze on your crows feet. It costs less and looks more natural. I don't live near Seattle, so I can't suggest someone.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:22 am      Reply with quote
Last night I did my first rool all over the face. I tried on both my hands first and waited a few weeks to see what happend. On my hands I bleed very little and got some brusing afterwards, but on my face I didnt bleed at all. I was rolling as hard as I could stand. Maybe I didnt do it hard enought though..? My faec got quite red and flushed after wards, but today I can see andthing. My skin feels very tight though.Your thoughts will be appriciated.
Tonia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
Sidmo, how long are your needles? That sounds like what you get with a .5mm or less.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
Tonia wrote:
Sidmo, how long are your needles? That sounds like what you get with a .5mm or less.

1.5 mm
Sidmo
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
Tonia wrote:

just mesured it - it seems to be around 1 mm. I bought a 1.5 Sad
Tonia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
OK, next question. Where did you buy it? I bought one a while back off of eBay for cheap that had dull needles. It didn't fully penetrate my skin. If you roll it on your hand and look at it from the side, you can see how far the needles are going in. That one was useless. No matter how hard I pressed, the needles would just barely go in. That's why I pay a little extra for the Dr. Rollers from baskstrecords off of ebay. Those needles are sharper and fully penetrate the skin. You may want to check how far the needles are going in.

Hope that helps.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
Tonia wrote:
OK, next question. Where did you buy it? I bought one a while back off of eBay for cheap that had dull needles. It didn't fully penetrate my skin. If you roll it on your hand and look at it from the side, you can see how far the needles are going in. That one was useless. No matter how hard I pressed, the needles would just barely go in. That's why I pay a little extra for the Dr. Rollers from baskstrecords off of ebay. Those needles are sharper and fully penetrate the skin. You may want to check how far the needles are going in.

Hope that helps.

It is from dr. Roller. And they did go in, but I didnt bleed. Mabye I didnt roll hard enough?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:25 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |