Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

DermaRoller
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Tonia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
hmm Hmmm, maybe it is that you're not pressing hard enough. Or, you ended up with a 1mm instead of a 1.5 as you suspected. I drew very little blood with the 1mm but bleed like crazy with the 1.5. I do press pretty hard, though.

Best of luck.

Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:41 am      Reply with quote
I recently bought a dermaroller from here:

drrollershop (I can't post actual links yet)

They make it clear on the site that they are selling Dr. Rollers. When I received it, it was in a generic plastic case with a label that said "Dr. Roller", but the included instructions AND the logo on the roller showed it was an MT roller. Just an FYI to anyone who is thinking about buying from here - you will not be receiving a Dr. Roller.
Tonia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:44 am      Reply with quote
Hi, Nadine.

If you PM the link to me, I'll post it for you. I think people need to know about things like that. Thank you for alerting us. I, personally have purchased both and I like the Dr. Roller much better. I would not be happy if I ordered a Dr. Roller and got the other instead.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
Nadine71 wrote:

They make it clear on the site that they are selling Dr. Rollers. When I received it, it was in a generic plastic case with a label that said "Dr. Roller", but the included instructions AND the logo on the roller showed it was an MT roller. Just an FYI to anyone who is thinking about buying from here - you will not be receiving a Dr. Roller.

Will you PM me the link too? Maybe thats where I bought mine. Cant remember...
Tonia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
Nadine71 wrote:

Here is the link. Looking at the website, they clearly advertise only Dr. Rollers.
http://drrollershop.com/

5% products discount

Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:28 am      Reply with quote
At what age it is not too early to use the dermaroller for wrinkles ?
Orchidée

Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
I've read that using the dermaroller too often will disrupt the collagen production and eventually delay the results...so now I'm wondering if I'm doing the right thing: I've been using a 0.5mm about 2 to 3 times/week for the last 4 months and my skin looks very very dry ( flaking ) most of the time...Am I rolling too often? Confused Please help me!
Tonia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:29 am      Reply with quote
Orchidee, Are you using it for product penetration or collagen? If it's collagen, you probably need longer needles than that like a 1 or 1.5mm. If it's product penetration, you need shorter, like a .25. You can use .25 and shorter several times per week. 1mm and up can only be used once a month. If the needle isn't long enough for you to see pinpricks of blood all over your face, it's not going deep enough to induce collagen and you are probably wasting your time. I think the .5 is supposed to be used for collagen induction on thin skin but there may be more uses for it that I'm not aware of. If you are peeling, you are going deep enough to create some damage. The purpose of the shorter needles is not to create damage, it's product penetration. So, you should not continue to use it that often if you are seeing the results of damage. I'm afraid that you may be creating damage but not going deep enough to reap the rewards from it if you are not drawing blood. I'm sorry if I was the bearer of bad news. Best of luck!

Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:50 am      Reply with quote
Thanks so much for your reply Tonia!
Your explanations helped me a lot...
I want collagen induction because I want to get rid of my fine lines...so if I understood correctly ( sorry, english is not my first language Embarassed ), I should buy a 1 mm dermaroller and use it only once a month...right?
I'm just so scared of the pain with the 1mm needles...and the blood...urgh....
thanks again! Wink
Tonia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
You're welcome, Orchidee. I started out with a 1mm and have moved to the 1.5mm. I haven't seen a big difference in pain but I use a numbing cream that I bought from owndoc. The pain is bearable with the numbing cream. Without it, it was pretty painful. The one i bought was Emla but they have a different one now. Here is the link.

http://webshop.owndoc.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=11

It says that they can only ship to certain countries. I hope yours is one of them. At first, I wasn't using it correctly. Now, I layer it on thickly, then put plastic wrap over the area and let it sit for 30 minutes. Then, I wipe it off and roll, roll, roll.

Some people use ice for numbing but that wasn't enough for me.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
Yet another newb with questions about Derma rollers, I've read quite a few pages but didn't see answers to these questions:

I've ordered a 0.5 and a 1mm, to address product penetration, minor scar repair, large pores, and collagen production on my face(using the .5mm), and stretchmarks and minor cellulite on my butt and thighs (using the 1mm). I wanted to start with smaller needles before upgrading. With these lengths suffice for now?

Also, As I'm doing TCA on my face, how long should I wait between peels to roll, and how long after I roll can I peel? How often should I peel?

Also, so many people talk about CP, will I still get results without using them?

ps-Im 24, so its not my skin is saggy and wrinkly... yet. I would really appreciate answers, i've seen these questions posted but no one has answered them from what I've read. Thanks! Smile
vero
5% products discount

Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:17 am      Reply with quote
Tonia wrote:
Orchidee, Are you using it for product penetration or collagen? If it's collagen, you probably need longer needles than that like a 1 or 1.5mm. If it's product penetration, you need shorter, like a .25. You can use .25 and shorter several times per week. 1mm and up can only be used once a month.

What it is the role of the product penetration ?What are doing the creams ? It is theirs effect better ?
Tonia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:31 am      Reply with quote
Vero, using short needles improves the penetration of serums. You can only use it with non acidic serums. Acidic serums will burn your skin. Using it with c serums, retinol or anything with AHA's is a bad idea. I have used it with skin biology's CP serum without problems. Super CP serum has acids in it and burned my skin.

Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
I seen them on ebay and it dont seem expense. I think I might buy 2 a 1.5mm for my thigh area and .25mm for my face.
melanie haber
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:54 am      Reply with quote
Tonia, when you say "burned" do you mean it hurt/stung a lot or do you mean it literally caused some damage that had to heal afterward?

I've had both happen in the past from acids. (not from dermarolling, just using) I'm willing to risk some stinging, but not more than that.
skinsmything
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
I ordered a Dr. Roller 1.0 (from the site listed below that someone posted the link for) a little over two weeks ago and still haven't received it...has anyone here ordered from this site?

Here is the link. Looking at the website, they clearly advertise only Dr. Rollers.
http://drrollershop.com/[/quote][b]
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 01, 2011 5:13 am      Reply with quote
I have just ordered a dr roller from dr roller uk which ended up having 3 different website addresses, one of which was derma rollers.com!!

Maybe they are all secretly the same!
Seriously, I am now in a panic. I have tried to read all these threads regarding dermarolling and am confused.

So I have ordered the 0.5mm one with their vitamin cream .
I wash and cleanse my face then roll 4 times in all directions all over, then can I put on vit c and/ or supper ghk then emu oil??

I do this 2x weekly

If i do this do I need to use the timepeel too during the week?

i think I can as the timepeel just exfoliates.
Boy am I confused thanks to any of you dermaroller experts!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 02, 2011 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
Just wanted to let everyone know that I got my Dr. Roller today. The site I listed above was legit, but the product is coming from Estonia...seriously, that's a long way. They said on average it's 2 and a half weeks for it to arrive so if anyone orders, just know it'll take that long. I did email them and Sarah got back to me right away and kept following up and gave me tracking info...great customer service! Mine came sealed in a Dr. Roller package, and I got the 1. length. Yikes, they look a lot longer than the .05 I've been working with! Someone in this thread said that they got a MTS (?) roller from this site even though they'd ordered the Dr. Roller and was unhappy. Not sure what happened there, but I got exactly what I ordered. I will definately order from them again!
dgoh

Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
Hey all, about to start my dermaroller soon for my acne scars, just waiting for my LED lights to arrive as I heard it was good to use the LED lights shortly after the dermaroller session.

I was fretting out where to buy EMLA and found one on Canada DrugStore for $56.99 plus shipping and then I happened to stumble upon a site where they mentioned EMLA is OTC in Canada. Called up the pharmacy section in the supermarket near my place and they are selling it for $44 for the same 30 grams, and I don't have to pay shipping so I'm so happy about that.

Lamarr on the acne.org website who has seen great results recommended using treproline everyday as he got great results from that. I wonder if I should get that or if I should stick to retin A in the evening and vitamin C (DIY which I will make soon for the 1st time) in the morning. My scars are not so deep, a few ice pick scars and scar area slightly redder than the areas where there are no scars.

Has anyone here tried treproline and what do you think of it? Would you be able to use that combined with the retin A and Vit C?
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:31 am      Reply with quote
skinsmything wrote:
I ordered a Dr. Roller 1.0 (from the site listed below that someone posted the link for) a little over two weeks ago and still haven't received it...has anyone here ordered from this site?

http://drrollershop.com/
[b][/quote]

Yes, I ordered from them and never received my last order from about 2 months ago. Trying to figure out what name they go by so I can see if they charged me on my credit card bill. Does anyone know that? I emailed their customer service but haven't had a response.

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
Dee28
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
Not sure if this has been covered already, but am just wondering if the dermaroller could help fill hollows under the cheek bones?

In my case it is a combination of both buccal fat loss as well as lack of collagen due to acne scarring. I know the dermaroller will do nothing for the depleted fat layer but perhaps by thickening the overlying scar tissue it could help fill in the hollows somewhat?

At the moment I only have a 0.2mm dermaroller which apparently is not long enough needles to actually induce any significant collagen production.
skinsmything
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:22 am      Reply with quote
When I ordered the Dr. Roller, I got an email immediately showing my order had been placed, with an order number that I could refer to every time I emailed them. Did you get an email from the company confirming your order? If you didnt, there was probably some glitch in the order. The name that was charged to my card was some foreign name, a man's name, can't remember without digging through my emails.
skinsmything
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:31 am      Reply with quote
I finally used my 1.0 Dr. Roller last night for the first time. I bought some topical lidocaine to prep with and I'm so glad I did because CRAP, it still hurt! I've had the .05 and used it here and there with no topical and it wasn't bad. The 1.0 left blood spotting and I wasn't even pressing that hard! I can't even imagine the 1.5. The blood spotting I got was mostly in the chin, nasolabials, and upper lip...just a little on the cheeks and forehead. I used my ProLight Red LED after which calms my skin down a lot and then applied my ProCyte DNA repair. I highly recommend the LED after...I've done it both ways and the LED makes a huge difference in calming the skin down. So I'm going to roll once every 5 weeks with my 1.0, very lightly in between with my .05 for product penetration, one good session of LED 1x a week and my new Ezzi-Lift Microcurrent unit arrives tomorrow so I'll fit that in also.
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:14 am      Reply with quote
well I have finally used the 1mm for the second time, the 1st was about a month ago.

-I washed my face with the clarisonic, then steamed itthen airdried it (owndoc suggests this if yiu dont shower before especially for needles longer than .5mm)

-then whilst steaming I sterilised the roller in dettol

-then wash off with boiled water, then air dry on clean towel

-then cleanse face with antibacterial wipe

-then ice (lots) then roll

-then rest of face as above

-also had large glass of vino handy as it was still bloody sore

Bad Grin

-then shower rinse face in water, no soap

-then air dry,wait to air dry then after 30mins
put on ghk cream, then infaldolin

Overall it was very sore, my face was swollen and bright red with blood spots over forehead some on cheeks and chin though no where near as bloody as Bethany from earlier posts(you rock btw Cool

Today it looks ok

I shall continue in 3to 4 weeks Exclamation

BTW I am not sure that using emu oil and the lightstim is a good idea especially if we are trying to encourage new collagen and what we want is an inflammatory reaction causing it to make new collagen then we dont want it to have healing things put on it immediately after.

Just my thoughts, from reading all the earlier threads here and all the research that Bethany did, what an amazing read Exclamation

HTH

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:58 am      Reply with quote
BTW I am not sure that using emu oil and the lightstim is a good idea especially if we are trying to encourage new collagen and what we want is an inflammatory reaction causing it to make new collagen then we dont want it to have healing things put on it immediately after.

HTH[/quote]

I don't think you can help but cause an inflammatory reaction, sticking those needles in the face Laughing It's the micro-injury to the dermis that's causing the collagen growth, not the actual inflammation itself. I really like using the LED after to calm it down but I use it on bare skin, then apply a peptide product. My face was sensitive yesterday, still a little today. I'm glad I only have to do this once every 5 weeks Wink
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:54 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |