Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

DermaRoller
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:50 am      Reply with quote
fair enuff

I do agree about the frequency if I had to do it any closer than 4weeks I think Id have to use the whole freezer load of ice and the whole bottle of vino Bad Grin do you think we are mad to "stick holes "in our faces Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:16 am      Reply with quote
when i mentioned "inflmmatory reaction" I was actually thinking of this
Quote "The technique of medical micro needling has been shown to increase the remolding of the skin by creating thousands of microscopic channels thru the skin, to increase the formation of new tissue by activating the body’s wound healing cascade (hemostasis-inflammation-proliferation-tissue remodeling). The micro-channeling causes the release of growth factors that promote scar-less healing and the deposition of normal woven collagen rather than scar collagen"

SO my mistake if it came out wrong Embarassed

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:23 am      Reply with quote
[i][quote="10Sylvia5"]when i mentioned "inflmmatory reaction" I was actually thinking of this
Quote "The technique of medical micro needling has been shown to increase the remolding of the skin by creating thousands of microscopic channels thru the skin, to increase the formation of new tissue by activating the body’s wound healing cascade (hemostasis-inflammation-proliferation-tissue remodeling). The micro-channeling causes the release of growth factors that promote scar-less healing and the deposition of normal woven collagen rather than scar collagen" [/i]SO my mistake if it came out wrong Embarassed[/quote]

Trying to get the hang of this quoting thing...but yes, that explanation makes sense in how dermarolling works.

The only thing that sucks about a deep roll is how funky the skin gets for a week after. Glad I only have to do it once every 5 weeks.
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:17 am      Reply with quote
hey, skinsmything

I am wondering if Im doing it hard enough when you say "funky" what do you mean?

I hope im doing it enough, not sure i could cope with having to do it harder with just ice Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:11 am      Reply with quote
Sylvia, I just rolled for the first time with the 1.0 and I bled for the first time, too. I was doing the .05 once every couple weeks with no icing and was pushing a little harder each time. I noticed the more aggressive I was, the more "funky" my skin would be a week or so after the roll. Which basically made me not want to do it anymore! So I took several months off. Aside from the redness and sensitivity,I get dry and flaky skin and this time, a few pimples (I'm thinking because of the imflammatory response).

I didn't push hard with the 1.0 (I did numb before but it was still uncomfortable rolling anyway). I noticed blood spotting almost immediately, and I never spotted with the .05 even when pushing down.

It's been almost a week and my skin is starting to look better but it seems to take about ten days...does anyone else go through this?
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
skinsmything
you are describing exactly what is happening to my skin just now,it is dry, flakyish, sensitive and reactive to most things im doing to it just now Crying or Very sad It is good to hear it is time limited, what a relief Exclamation Also good to hear it is not just my skin , and now I know just what you mean by " funky" good term for it Laughing Why are we doing this again Bad Grin we must be alittle mad or maybe desperate Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
Sylvia, we must be nuts. Over time though, Dermarolling can be as effective as non-ablative laser treatments for stimulating collagen when done with the longer needles and done appropriately (spaced out between rolls at the right time intervals). Which sounds good to me Very Happy I'm all for that!
skinsmything
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
I just found a great site that has a lot of great info on Dermarolling and the threads are specific to different questions so it makes it easy to find what you're looking for...check it out!www.forum.owndoc.com and go to forums, then microneedling.
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:17 am      Reply with quote
Skinsmything
Thanks for that you are right its a good thread, with lots of info Exclamation
SO in a few years time when we look 20 years younger and everyone asks us how we did it we can be very laid back and cool about it and say it was EASY Laughing Laughing I hope Dancing

Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
will the 1.5mm derma roller work on stretch marks on the breasts?
and is that safe?
herama
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:33 am      Reply with quote
Hi,
I am thinking of getting a roller and have looked through numerous threads here. I now have more questions than I did before reading, and can't find the answers!

1) What is single needling?
2) What is Vit. A topical? I initially thought people were referring to Retin A, but it seems they are not.
3) Is it possible that allowing penetration of some topicals (for example, retin A) could be toxic systemically? I mean, it is allowing these chemicals to enter the skin much more rapidly and deeply.
4) What's the best size needle to start with for good results on forehead lines and hyperpigmentation?
5) Can rolling WORSEN melasma? (which I have).
6) are the rollers for sale on Ebay okay?

Thanks in advance!
alavio

Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:05 am      Reply with quote
I am new here and had my first CIT treatment a week ago. My skin is soft but it is too soon to see results. If I had known I could do it myself I could have saved a lot of money. Curious on results of others who have done both- home treatment vs. professional.
skinsmything
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:22 am      Reply with quote
It took my skin a good two weeks to get back to some type of "normal" after my first (and most recent) roll with the 1.0 Dermaroller. I also got pimple like bumps in some areas (randomly) that took a little while to go away. No fun! Can't imagine the 1.5, yikes.
tasha92337
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:34 am      Reply with quote
skinsmything wrote:
It took my skin a good two weeks to get back to some type of "normal" after my first (and most recent) roll with the 1.0 Dermaroller. I also got pimple like bumps in some areas (randomly) that took a little while to go away. No fun! Can't imagine the 1.5, yikes.

Im glad you gave me hope. I am going through the dry skin flaky sensitive "burn" look and rolled last week Sad
And im using pure aloe vera gel on my face to help with my skin conditions.
What did you do to get your skin back together??
I'm using the .5 for product penetration and i guess rolled little harder on my left cheek which looks really bad..blood shots and etc.
i also rolled under my eyes with no problem. it just looks a little around like i got sunburn but its slowly going back to normal...
skinsmything
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
Tasha,

I used to roll with the .05 but without the numbing creme so I never got that agressive, and I definately never got pinpoint bleeding. The last time or two with the .05 I probably did press harder than usual and my skin starting get weird after, within a few days. Dry, flaky,sensitive. Even more so this last time with the longer needle and agressive roll. Gross! I hate my skin being like that!

Yes, it's normal and it will get better Surprised
tasha92337
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks!!
I'm apprwciate your advice and to know my skin is going through a temporary problem, makes me happy
I always heard it gets worse before it gets better so om assuming this is what I'm going through Wink
I can't wait to roll again..this will be my 2nd time but first I'm a let my skin heal
Thanks again
skinsmything
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:28 am      Reply with quote
Tasha, I forgot to tell you...after rolling I do some red LED over a clear, gel calming masque. Then for the next week, at least, I don't do anything other than gentle cleansing, my Vit C/Green Tea in the am and a Light Aloe Moisturizer for night and of course my SPF for day. I stop all other exfoliation and I am just gentle with my skin because it is annoyed and it won't tolerate anything else Laughing .
tasha92337
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:11 am      Reply with quote
skinsmything wrote:
Tasha, I forgot to tell you...after rolling I do some red LED over a clear, gel calming masque. Then for the next week, at least, I don't do anything other than gentle cleansing, my Vit C/Green Tea in the am and a Light Aloe Moisturizer for night and of course my SPF for day. I stop all other exfoliation and I am just gentle with my skin because it is annoyed and it won't tolerate anything else Laughing .

Thanks! What does the LED do??? My main concern is my firming and lifting my eyes. Currently I have my skin under control. I roll 2x a week for product penetration and roll aggressive once a month. I use pure aloe vera gel daily, vitamin C serum 15% *twice a day*, with avocado oil at night and sometimes rose hip oil.
What do you recommend for puffy eyes?? I use to use the tua viso but i didn't see much of results so i thought about doing some facial massages/excersise??
Vitamins I take are pure powder MSM, pure Indian gooseberry vitamin C with spirlina powder form, coconut oil for omega3, sometimes sea salt and Grape seed Extract drops to thicken skin and build collagen.
herama
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:46 am      Reply with quote
[quote="tasha92337"]
skinsmything wrote:
coconut oil for omega3

I know it's off the topic, but wanted to note that coconut oil is NOT a source of Omega 3. It does not contain any. Salmon and other oily fish, flaxseed and some nuts (walnuts in particular) are good sources of Omega 3 fatty acids.

http://www.tropicaltraditions.com/faq.htm#16
tasha92337
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="herama"]
tasha92337 wrote:
skinsmything wrote:
coconut oil for omega3

I know it's off the topic, but wanted to note that coconut oil is NOT a source of Omega 3. It does not contain any. Salmon and other oily fish, flaxseed and some nuts (walnuts in particular) are good sources of Omega 3 fatty acids.

http://www.tropicaltraditions.com/faq.htm#16

I read that it was. I just cant take flaxseed anymore b/c hypothyoid issues. I guess ill look into fish oil or cod liver. Thanks Smile
misspointy
5% products discount

Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:38 am      Reply with quote
Hi all,

I have a simple question and I'm pretty sure it's been answered hundreds of times but I can't be bothered to sift through all the posts on this thread. Lazy...yeah...sorry.

I have used my 1.5mm dermaroller 5 times now and the last session I had to remove two of the needles. How long, or how many times is it recommended that one dermaroller be used for?

I have over the months read this thread but the answer has been lost from the depths of my mind.

TIA
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
misspointy, it depends on how often you roll, how large the rolled skin area is, how tough your skin is and how strongly you push the needles in. So roughly 1-2 rollers a year.

misspointy wrote:
Hi all,

I have a simple question and I'm pretty sure it's been answered hundreds of times but I can't be bothered to sift through all the posts on this thread. Lazy...yeah...sorry.

I have used my 1.5mm dermaroller 5 times now and the last session I had to remove two of the needles. How long, or how many times is it recommended that one dermaroller be used for?

I have over the months read this thread but the answer has been lost from the depths of my mind.

TIA
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone get pimples after rolling with a 0.25 mm dermaroller Question

Also does anyone disinfect their skin with an alcohol-based lotion before dermarolling with a 0.5 mm dermaroller Question

Thanks!
JaeBlue
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
A big question. I've been rolling with the 1.5 size roller 4 times in 5 months. The third time I rolled I was very aggressive, it was more painful and it took at least a week or more for my skin to totally heal. Not bad but red, sore, etc.

This time I rolled moderately. Was just pink, just a little pin point bleeding, 2 days later my skin looks untouched.

I'm unsure what is more effective - aggressive deep rolls or lighter rolls. I read recently a blog where it said that we only need .5 roller to create collagen and no need to roll deeply. So now, I'm really confused.

What have you guys done and what is working best?? Deep or medium rolls??

BTW I do break out after the .25 because it drys out the top layer of my skin, so when I use that I make sure to immediately address potential breakouts.
vasilenka
5% products discount

Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
skinsmything could you share where you bought your LED light from?

i am slowly reading the whole thread.
where do you all recommend buying the dermaroller from?
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:49 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |