Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

DermaRoller
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
ace243
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
i heard a lot about people using vitamin c to help produce collagen,im not sure if they mean a cream or the pills.

im looking up cheap vitamins & i found some good deals. except omega 7(still looking for it cheap), i read that it maintains healthy skin and skin restoration, along with a ton of other things the omegas do for health.

im going to try to heal from the inside out as well.
mimiek
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
Hi ladies!

I recently bought 2 rollers 1,5 (dr roller) and 2.0 (gold plated don’t remember the brand). I rolled once 4 weeks ago on my right leg and right side of my buttock with the 2.0. I use the roller on old stretch marks from my teenage. I noticed today that the skin is much smoother compared with the left side, the cellulites on my right buttock are almost invisible compared to the left side and the stretch marks still visible but not as much as before.

Today I rolled both sides; the left side was very painful because it’s the first time.

I’m planning to buy vitamin C serum 20% 32 oz with hyaluronic acid and Pal - KTTKS – Peptide. Do you think it’s a good product to add to my daily routine on this area?
Here is the product description
http://cgi.ebay.com/Vitamin-C-Serum-20-32oz-Bulk-Thick-Gel-30-Hyaluronic_W0QQitemZ220241558850QQihZ012QQcategoryZ33164QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
This ebayer offers other products, but I think vitamin c is the best, what do you think?
Face4ward
5% products discount

Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried forcing their actives into the newly formed roller holes using their Vaculifter? The German lady in the video said you have to use high quality products to make the Vaculifter glide, because the Vaculifter will force the product into your skin.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
mimiek wrote:
I’m planning to buy vitamin C serum 20% 32 oz with hyaluronic acid and Pal - KTTKS – Peptide. Do you think it’s a good product to add to my daily routine on this area?
Here is the product description
http://cgi.ebay.com/Vitamin-C-Serum-20-32oz-Bulk-Thick-Gel-30-Hyaluronic_W0QQitemZ220241558850QQihZ012QQcategoryZ33164QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
This ebayer offers other products, but I think vitamin c is the best, what do you think?

Mimiek, that is 32 oz of Vit C....won't it go bad before you use it up?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
ace243 wrote:
i heard a lot about people using vitamin c to help produce collagen,im not sure if they mean a cream or the pills.

im looking up cheap vitamins & i found some good deals. except omega 7(still looking for it cheap), i read that it maintains healthy skin and skin restoration, along with a ton of other things the omegas do for health.

im going to try to heal from the inside out as well.

Ace, taking Vit C internally as well as topically is a good thing. You should also make sure that you are using a topical Vit A (Retin-A, retinols, etc.) for the best results.

5% products discount

Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:36 am      Reply with quote
mimiek wrote:

Hi Mimiek,

Have you consider formulating your own vitamin C? It's one of the easier products to formulate. If your skin can handle a low pH, you can simply mix L-ascorbic acid with water. To ensure freshness, a small amount can be mixed every few days.
gumgirl
5% products discount

Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:56 am      Reply with quote
Please help with a slight concern.

HOW BAD WILL I LOOK 1 DAY AFTER MY FIRST 1.5mm ROLL? How about day 2?

I could do a minimally aggressive first roll this evening to get an idea of how my skin reacts. I don't want to be house bound for too long.

I realize everyone skin reacts differently and that the first roll tends to result in more peeling...so I'm just looking for some ideas about first time experiences.

Thanks...
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:02 am      Reply with quote
gumgirl wrote:
Please help with a slight concern.

HOW BAD WILL I LOOK 1 DAY AFTER MY FIRST 1.5mm ROLL? How about day 2?

I could do a minimally aggressive first roll this evening to get an idea of how my skin reacts. I don't want to be house bound for too long.

I realize everyone skin reacts differently and that the first roll tends to result in more peeling...so I'm just looking for some ideas about first time experiences.

Thanks...

Gumgirl...i think the thing is that everyone does react differently. My first roll (1.5mm) I was red for 1-2hours, after that nothing. If anything my skin looked better the next day.
I wouldn't say I rolled intensely, but a good allover roll.

Its a long story (I thought I had a shorter roller) but then I kept rolling every few days....at that point I did start peeling like crazy. But nothing that couldn't be disguised.

Why don't you do a test patch somewhere...like your cheeks (cheeks are easy and less sensative to roll) and see how you go?????

HTH

rebecca

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:22 am      Reply with quote
Face4ward wrote:
Has anyone tried forcing their actives into the newly formed roller holes using their Vaculifter? The German lady in the video said you have to use high quality products to make the Vaculifter glide, because the Vaculifter will force the product into your skin.

I have got both rollers and the Vaculift, but would not use the two on the same day. Prior to massaging with the Vaculift you have to apply oil to the skin, and the oil and dirt from the skin get sucked into the bulb. The massage itself is more like a deep cleansing than a product-pushing procedure.

I believe it's important to cleanse the oils off after massaging. Then you can apply a serum that hopefully will penetrate the skin better. Personally, I would use the Vaculift on separate days from rolling.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:39 am      Reply with quote
Hello Ladies, after using .25 and 1.0 for a few weeks, yesterday I rolled with a 2.0 (from dermarollers.us). I used nothing for pain but it wasn't bad. There were a few more tiny bloody pin-pricks. My face was only red for about one hour. My question is, today I have one what looks like a blood blister on my lower cheek (about the size of a pencil-tip) - have any of you experienced this?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:51 am      Reply with quote
I have to say that when I roll with the 1.5, I must really push in hard. My face is red for approx. 3 days and then it peels, and it is sore for a week. Even now after my last roll with the 1.5, if I scratch my face it is sensitive. And my last roll was 2 weeks ago.

My face must be sensitive or something.
gumgirl
5% products discount

Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:02 am      Reply with quote
sherryf13500 wrote:
I have to say that when I roll with the 1.5, I must really push in hard. My face is red for approx. 3 days and then it peels, and it is sore for a week. Even now after my last roll with the 1.5, if I scratch my face it is sensitive. And my last roll was 2 weeks ago.

Hi Sherry, Thanks for the input. I'm planning on a more aggressive role in July when I have a bit more time to recover.

I will post my experience tomorrow. My roll will be light to moderate.
mb935
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:30 am      Reply with quote
Congrats and WOW...you are a tough cookie!

What brand roller do you have?[/quote]

Yeah - im still thinking maybe Im not using the pressure I should be using since I did so well - Im still shocked. I will be doing my forehead tonight however (I had a breakout the other night and didnt want to roll over it) so Im sure that area wont be so easy.

I am using the 2.0 from the dermaroller.us website because of the incredible price!! I think I read here that others bought from there and that they are good quality. The only weird thing is the tube has no label - so Im not sure who even makes it unless its the company from that website???
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:23 am      Reply with quote
mogulicious wrote:
Hello Ladies, after using .25 and 1.0 for a few weeks, yesterday I rolled with a 2.0 (from dermarollers.us). I used nothing for pain but it wasn't bad. There were a few more tiny bloody pin-pricks. My face was only red for about one hour. My question is, today I have one what looks like a blood blister on my lower cheek (about the size of a pencil-tip) - have any of you experienced this?

Mog, I am currently sporting a couple of little blood blisters myself, so you're not alone!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:24 am      Reply with quote
sherryf13500 wrote:

Sherry, I have similar results, even though I am only using a .5mm and a 1.0mm. But I do press down firmly, and roll numerous times over each area.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:45 am      Reply with quote
For those who are interested in focusing on their eye area, scars close to their nose, etc., you can now get a Dr. Roller 3Line Roller from Jack at a discounted price.

The 3Line Rollers come in 1.0mm, 1.5mm, and 2.0mm, and are priced the same as the regular rollers. (See Discounted Dermarollers thread for his contact info, pricing, etc.)

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=29392&start=25

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:53 am      Reply with quote
Great stuff! Thanks Bethany - just ordered the 1.5.
Did another roll this a.m. and have to say, I desperately need this smaller roller. I end up doing my lips with the regular size Shock .
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:08 am      Reply with quote
anya wrote:
Great stuff! Thanks Bethany - just ordered the 1.5.
Did another roll this a.m. and have to say, I desperately need this smaller roller. I end up doing my lips with the regular size Shock .

I got a 1.0mm...I hope it will allow me to get a little closer to my eyes since they are an area of focus for me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:21 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
sharky wrote:
Has anyone bought or found out more about the "Beauty Mouse". I would like to buy one as I am rolling my arms and it takes forever with the little rollers.

The Beauty Mouse is indeed .15mm needles, is comprised of essentially 3 rollers, and it sells for $220.

You can order it through dermarollerusa@aim.com or 913-832-8884.

Here is the link to info and a pic:

http://www.dermaroller.de/us/beauty-mouse-/beauty-mouse-9.html

Just an FYI...I contacted Jack who sells us the discounted Dr. Rollers and he is going to see if Dr. Roller will be coming out with anything comparable to the Beauty Mouse.

He did mention that Dr. Roller will be coming out with a new 3.0mm next week.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany - how long have you had the blood blisters, and have they begun to diminish?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
mogulicious wrote:
Bethany - how long have you had the blood blisters, and have they begun to diminish?

Mog, I have two of them...

The one on the top of my breast where I rolled a stretchmark is the biggest...it has been there since Friday night and is starting to fade.

I have a small one under my eye that has been there since Saturday night, and it is fading quickly.

Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
I love to read this post ! It's a big help for me !

Just to say again that I'm sorry for my english... I'll try to explain the better I can Wink(I'm speaking french and I'm from Québec, Canada) Wink

Do some of you have before and after pictures somewhere ??? I would be happy to see them Smile

I've done my second roll yesterday. It went fine if I compare to the first. The first one last week left my skin very itchy and burning. Even when I was putting emu oil on it 2 days after, it was burning and all the dots was appearing again. Just to specify that I roll on my arms because of a stretch marks problem on them.
So it's great. Sure I don't see any difference. I know it's gonna take times.

But I wonder something... I'm a little bit afraid that with a 1.5 mm. on a very very sensitive and very thin skin (like mine), that it can cause some damage underneath. I say that because after my first roll, like I said it was itchy, I've just scratch a little bit and it bruised Confused I wonder if it's normal. I've even send an e-mail to the company and they said to stop using it for a while, that my skin didn't react "normaly".
But since the itching was gone and everythings seems okay, I decide to do it again. The bruising is nearly completely gone and like I said, it went very well for this second roll. I want so bad to have normal arms one day ! Sad

And another thing, after my first roll, 3-4 days after, the little red dots was still there Confused Is this normal ? I wonder if it was not like hundred of little veins that brokes everywhere. That's why I was afraid of dammage Confused

I'll wait for your answer !!

Love this forum Smile

Geneviève
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
Gen1981 wrote:

Just to say again that I'm sorry for my english... I'll try to explain the better I can Wink(I'm speaking french and I'm from Québec, Canada) Wink

Do some of you have before and after pictures somewhere ??? I would be happy to see them Smile

I've done my second roll yesterday. It went fine if I compare to the first. The first one last week left my skin very itchy and burning. Even when I was putting emu oil on it 2 days after, it was burning and all the dots was appearing again. Just to specify that I roll on my arms because of a stretch marks problem on them.

But I wonder something... I'm a little bit afraid that with a 1.5 mm. on a very very sensitive and very thin skin (like mine), that it can cause some damage underneath. I say that because after my first roll, like I said it was itchy, I've just scratch a little bit and it bruised Confused I wonder if it's normal. I've even send an e-mail to the company and they said to stop using it for a while, that my skin didn't react "normaly".
But since the itching was gone and everythings seems okay, I decide to do it again. The bruising is nearly completely gone and like I said, it went very well for this second roll. I want so bad to have normal arms one day ! Sad

And another thing, after my first roll, 3-4 days after, the little red dots was still there Confused Is this normal ? I wonder if it was not like hundred of little veins that brokes everywhere. That's why I was afraid of dammage Confused

Love this forum Smile

Geneviève

Gen, how often are you rolling? You should not be rolling more frequently than once a week with a 1.5mm roller, and you do not neccesarily even need to do once a week.

The itching is part of the healing process, but the bruising you are talking about sounds a bit scary.

I would not roll again until your previous roll is completely healed, plus you might want to make sure that you are not pushing down as hard next time.

Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Gen1981 wrote:

Love this forum Smile

Geneviève

Gen, how often are you rolling? You should not be rolling more frequently than once a week with a 1.5mm roller, and you do not neccesarily even need to do once a week.

The itching is part of the healing process, but the bruising you are talking about sounds a bit scary.

I would not roll again until your previous roll is completely healed, plus you might want to make sure that you are not pushing down as hard next time.

Hi Bethany Smile

I've done my second roll last night 5 days after my first one. Now, I'll wait maybe 2 weeks I think. For the bruising. It's not new to me. I suffer from exzema and when I scratch a little bit hard, it doesn't take a lot for little veins to explosed and my skin bruise. I have very sensitive and thin skin because my skin stretch too much because of the stretch marks. The doctor said that I have very poor skin. I'm not obese at all but when I was a teenager, I've gain weight too fast and my skin brokes everywhere Sad

I think that's what happen. After my first roll, my skin was more sensitive, I scratch it and it bruised Confused

Does someone ever experience this ?
FloridaUSA

Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
Hi All - I started reading this post a few weeks ago. I have been studying "needling" (rolling) for about a month.

I found out about it in a round-about way – I was reading People magazine and some celebrity was talking about how she does Botox and fillers and light therapy, but doesn’t want to take a chance with plastic surgery making her look fake.

So I thought “hmmm…light therapy – lets google that”…which let me through lights and lasers and fraxel and……eventually to needling. I have found it fascinating from the start and have read with interest all the posts on this thread.

So I bought three rollers – a .5, a 1.0 and a 1.5. I started with the smallest and have worked my way up.

Since I was scared at first of course, I started with my arms 2 weeks ago with the .5, then the 1.0 a few days later.

There was a lot of itching and then some flaking, and my arms didn’t look so good until now, but I tell you what, here it is 2 weeks later and I swear the skin on my arms looks a lot younger!

There are still sun spots of course (I live in Florida), I mean its only been 2 rolls with .5 and the 1.0, and only 2 weeks, but I am quite impressed! As soon as I get back in town after the 19’th, I will be doing a “serious roll” with the 1.5.

I did parts of my face and my neck this last weekend, I will report back how it turns out. I am a patient person and know it will take 8 – 12 months for the collagen to truly form, but Im pretty impressed after 2 weeks!!!

I am looking for results mainly with skin that is starting to sag. I am 46.

I heard a great analogy for the results I am looking for – when we are young, we have a size 5 body and face and size 5 skin that fits nice and snug. But just like a pair of snug jeans, after you wear them for a while, they loosen up - after a couple decades I have a size 5 body and face, and size 7 skin! Im hoping the needling will help shrink my skin back to a size 6, anyway!
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:40 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |