Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
DermaRoller
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:49 am      Reply with quote
A mini update from me:

I rolled my legs (raised scars and marks) with the 1.5 mm roller for the third time this weekend. This time I did not get sores or flaking even though I rolled just as aggressively as the first times. Perhaps it's due to the needles being less sharp now.

I don't notice any significant improvement in my scars yet, but will continue rolling, at least three more times, before taking a break.

For those who use the Leaf and Roller 0.15 mm - is the rolling painful, or is it more like tickling? I consider to buy this one to use in my face 2 - 3 times a week. I don't want to use the longer needles in my face for now.

5% products discount

Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:28 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I'm new here but I've been following this thread for quite a while. (I tried to post yesterday, but my post didn't go through).
Anywho, I'm 1 month past my sixth weekly rolling session of my face and neck with a 1.5 roller. I already see some nice results, so I'm encouraged!
I have a question though. Is anyone using the roller to treat spider veins on the body, and, if so, what are your results so far?
I read in an article (I can't remember where I found it) that the spider veins/broken capillaries can't withstand the multiple micro-injuries of rolling, and therefore collapse. This seems to make sense. I tried a small area on my leg, but I don't know how long the process takes before the final result?
Anyone have any insight?
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:29 am      Reply with quote
I'm having a hard time deciding which roller to get.

My goal is to reduce some fine lines (not alot though), improve acne scars (indentation type scars, I would say they are noticeable but not severe) and hopefully help with some hypo-pigmentation that I have and also a slightly raised scar.

Do you think I would see improvement using 1.0? Or should I really just get the 1.5?
If I can accord it I would ultimately like to get a 1.0 full size and 1.5 3 line (to concentrate on my trouble areas). But not sure I can get both right now.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:02 am      Reply with quote
Septembergirl wrote:
For those who use the Leaf and Roller 0.15 mm - is the rolling painful, or is it more like tickling? I consider to buy this one to use in my face 2 - 3 times a week. I don't want to use the longer needles in my face for now.

Septembergirl, the .15mm is not painful at all...and we all know I am the pain queen, so hopefully that helps!

There is not a huge difference between the .15mm and the .25mm (well, except that the .15mm costs a lot more!), but I do find it easier to do my neck with the .15mm.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:04 am      Reply with quote
GirlieGirl wrote:
I'm having a hard time deciding which roller to get.

My goal is to reduce some fine lines (not alot though), improve acne scars (indentation type scars, I would say they are noticeable but not severe) and hopefully help with some hypo-pigmentation that I have and also a slightly raised scar.

Do you think I would see improvement using 1.0? Or should I really just get the 1.5?
If I can accord it I would ultimately like to get a 1.0 full size and 1.5 3 line (to concentrate on my trouble areas). But not sure I can get both right now.

For indented acne scars, you would probably be better off purchasing the 1.5mm...longer needles are required to break up the scar tissue bundles that are tugging the skin down in those areas.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:12 am      Reply with quote
I have been a serious lurker on this forum for a couple of months..
so interesting and informative..Love you gals!

Anyhow, I go the .5 to use every few days or so, the 1.0 to use less frequently and to start out with, and the 1.5 to work my way up to..although, I have already used it on my hands.

I have only rolled a few times...mostly with the .5 on my face and chest..but once with the 1.0...

I cannot tell you how EXCITED i am! my hands have always been veiny and bony even though I am only 30 y.o...
I am thin and have been a model for a while..and my facial skin has always been good, with retin-a use and some c here and there...

But my hands are another story..lol
They look like granny hands..I am always hiding them, and we airbrush out the veins.
But only with like 3 rolls on them, they look very very different.

Last night i rolled them with the 1.0 and used the Skinceuticals C&E plus Ferulic..
and today they look so happy and plump.
It must be thickening the dermis!

So,I will stay glued in and tell you more results and read up on yours too!

Thanks so much!
So happy to have found this gem of a site!

xoxox,
Amanda : )
mandapanda
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:25 am      Reply with quote
Okay:
oops! one more question...sorry..lol
Wink

I was wondering about hyper pigmentation, or dark spots from sun, etc..
I use hydroquinone from obagi here and there, but when I stop they come back..
I know some of you use non-chemical lighteners too...any thoughts?

Have any of you found luck in getting rid of dark spots with the dermarollers?
Maybe with the C and retin a and all..because it makes them penetrate deeper?

Wild! Now I read an oil-based c is better then the ascorbic? Interesting...What type do you use? Why is it better? More stable maybe?

Also, I always thought and heard that C and Vit A (retin-a) cancelled out the effects of one another and should never be used together at the same time.
Any ideas on this? I see that many of you use them in unison...so maybe I missed the boat somewhere..lol

I usually alternate, or do C in the day, and Retin-A at night.
Or one day of C and the next of A.
hmm...

Thanks!
(Sorry for so many questions) Smile
Amanda
JenJ
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Mandapanda,

I started using the roller primarily to address a sunspot I have on my lower left jawline (driver's side...California sun). I started off with the 1.0mm roller and did that once or twice, then moved up to the 1.5mm roller and completed a 6-week series of rolling once a week.

I'm very fair skinned (think Caspar! I have my avatar pic on labmuffins.com under Jen)so the dark spot showed up and really bothered me. My dermatologist told me last year that it wasn't dark enough to laser and to just keep it covered with sunblock. In the past I've incorporated 4% hydroquinone with my Retin-A.

Before embarking on the 1.5 rolls, I ceased using the hydroquinone just to see if rolling really worked on pigmentation. My last roll was over a month ago and I have to say that I'm a total believer that rolling does lighten pigmentation. My spot is so faint that I no longer use concealer on it. I'm so happy! I'm positive that I'll continue to experience positive results moving forward.

Yesterday I received my .25mm roller that I'll be using most nights. After using the 1.0mm & 1.5mm roller, I find this one a piece of cake. Very Happy

Jen
polkadot
5% products discount

Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
I just have to brag about my progress!!! Very Happy I have done 3 rolls with the 2mm roller, and I do major rolls with blood and about 3 days downtime. I may have been more extreme, but I have had acne or acne scarring for most of my life. Not horrible scarring but enough to make me selfconscience. I was very determined. I only roll every 2 months.
Anyway I have known for a while that my skin was looking better. I used to just cringe when I would see my reflection in certain lighting. Seriously I might think I was looking good when I left home and then I'd check myself in a different mirror and would look bad and I would just feel so down. For a while now though I don't have that problem, I am looking sooooo much better. I still have a couple of scars but they are so faint now that it really doesn't bother me. This has been like a miracle for me.
I didn't tell my husband that I have been dermarolling, I would just tell him that I had done another peel.(I thought he would think I was insane and I was also ashamed to admit that I was working on my scars). About 2 weeks ago he asked me if I was taking new vitamins because my skin looked so much smoother Very Happy ( I am a big vitamin and supplement junkie). Then I told him the truth about the dermaroller. He thought it made since, he thought it probably damaged my skin and then it re-healed the right way. I knew the answers were much more scientific than that, but I just agreed.
Also a friend that I hadn't seen in about 8 weeks came to stay the night with me. She kept bragging on me telling me how young I looked and that my hair looked nice, just being really sweet. Then after she went home she called me and was hinting around that maybe I had something done (plastic surgery) and I didn't say anything and she finished the talk with "well, what ever your doing just keep doing it." I felt elated.
After all these years of feeling bad about my skin I worked on what I could. Hair, make-up, clothes, diet, style etc...but the playing field was never level, but now I feel like it is. At 42 it feels good to finally feel confident. I have been getting those looks from guys and also those looks that you get from women.
I just needed to share, since I haven't told anyone else. I feel like shouting from the roof tops. I also feel scared that it will all go away, weird huh.
JenJ
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
That is so AWESOME, polkadot!! How very exciting and gratifying for you to have such wonderful results.

Will you be continuing with the 2mm roller, or switching to one with shorter needles since your skin has smoothed out?

Congratulations again!

Jen
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
That is so great, polkadot! I am so happy for you. Congratulations!
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
Polkadot, I'm really happy for you. Reading your post is so encouraging, I could relate to everything you said. I had mild to moderate acne throughout my teens and 20s and in my desperation I used to put *everything* on my skin.

I'm convinced that the acne and the topicals I was prescribed, like benzoyl peroxide, left my skin in such poor condition. Even in my early 20s my skin looked scarred and mottled.

I know the feeling when you catch your reflection and you're dismayed by what's looking back at you!

Now I have lidocaine I'm going to roll more intensely with my 1.5mm and I look forward to the results.

I'm so thankful I found this forum Very Happy
platinumrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:00 pm      Reply with quote
Even though the L & R .15 mm was not cheap I am very glad I purchased it for everyday use and my chest. It is well worth the extra $50.

I think it is on the Karin Herzog thread near the end where there is a great discussion going on about Hydroquinone rebound effects, risks, whether it works, etc.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
Wow...it is really great to hear all of these fabulous results!

I sure hope I have some of the same!! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:04 pm      Reply with quote
JenJ wrote:
Hi Mandapanda,

I started using the roller primarily to address a sunspot I have on my lower left jawline (driver's side...California sun). I started off with the 1.0mm roller and did that once or twice, then moved up to the 1.5mm roller and completed a 6-week series of rolling once a week.

I'm very fair skinned (think Caspar! I have my avatar pic on labmuffins.com under Jen)so the dark spot showed up and really bothered me. My dermatologist told me last year that it wasn't dark enough to laser and to just keep it covered with sunblock. In the past I've incorporated 4% hydroquinone with my Retin-A.

Before embarking on the 1.5 rolls, I ceased using the hydroquinone just to see if rolling really worked on pigmentation. My last roll was over a month ago and I have to say that I'm a total believer that rolling does lighten pigmentation. My spot is so faint that I no longer use concealer on it. I'm so happy! I'm positive that I'll continue to experience positive results moving forward.

Yesterday I received my .25mm roller that I'll be using most nights. After using the 1.0mm & 1.5mm roller, I find this one a piece of cake. Very Happy

Jen

Jen, have you only done one series of rolls?

I have some diffuse pigmentation along my jawlines, and I am wondering if 6 rolls will be enough, or will I have to do several series.

I have only done 4 full rolls thus far but in retrospect, only 2 of those were really with the 1.0mm....I probably need to do 6 with the 1.0mm before I take a break. hmm

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:57 pm      Reply with quote
Following the questions about pigmentation, I offer that I had moderate pigmentation/melasma and freckling. This has completely gone, as a result of the DR and presumably the Vit C I have used with it. I have used the 1.5mm only. I have done probably 20 or more rolls though...... I didn't read all the science before I started, just went for it, and never took breaks etc. My skin looks wonderful, so I'm not sorry.

rebecca

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:06 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

Septembergirl, the .15mm is not painful at all...and we all know I am the pain queen, so hopefully that helps!

There is not a huge difference between the .15mm and the .25mm (well, except that the .15mm costs a lot more!), but I do find it easier to do my neck with the .15mm.

That's good news! Thank you.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:13 am      Reply with quote
Polka dot, are you still rolling as aggressively? Do you just roll your face?
What is your skin like after you roll. You say you have 3 days downtime. Do you have before and after pics?

I am so excited for you.... I belive in this procedure. I think it has all the promise and we rollers are on to somehting big.
JenJ
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:04 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
JenJ wrote:
Hi Mandapanda,

Jen

Jen, have you only done one series of rolls?

I have some diffuse pigmentation along my jawlines, and I am wondering if 6 rolls will be enough, or will I have to do several series.

I have only done 4 full rolls thus far but in retrospect, only 2 of those were really with the 1.0mm....I probably need to do 6 with the 1.0mm before I take a break. hmm

Hi Bethany!

Yes, I've only done 1 series of 6-weekly rolls with the 1.5 roller. I honestly didn't see the improvements until the last couple of weeks after rolling.

I just started using the .25mm roller and will use it most nights while I'm on hiatus with the longer roller. I plan doing another 6-week series later in July, but not sure if I'm going to use the 1.0 or 1.5 roller.

I have a few freckles on my left forearm and will start rolling that area this weekend.
mogulicious
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:48 am      Reply with quote
[b]Polkadot - I'm curious about your rolls, as I have a 2.0. Do you use a numbing product? I don't use one, but also don't think I'm as aggressive. I rolled with the 2.0 last night and the redness was gone within an hour w/only a few tiny blood pricks), am able to wear makeup today. Is your 2.0 a Dr. Roller? Also, what products, retin-a?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
Congratulations polka dot! I love the Dermaroller also.

On pigmentation I used a 1.5mm to start and after several weeks I noticed dramatic improvement both in sunspots and overall lightening on my hands and face.I suggest never using hydroquinone. I had rebound pigmentation that took a long while to get rid of.

On scarring. I am working on scars. I had a 2" scar from the oven on my forearm. After about 5 months of off and on rolling over half is gone. Until recently however about half was smoother but still completely visible. That half now looks as if it is starting to disappear. So I think some parts go easily and some take a long time and it is hard to know whether anything you do makes a difference (I've been treating all of the scar identically). Just keep rolling.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
JenJ wrote:
Hi Bethany!

Yes, I've only done 1 series of 6-weekly rolls with the 1.5 roller. I honestly didn't see the improvements until the last couple of weeks after rolling.

I just started using the .25mm roller and will use it most nights while I'm on hiatus with the longer roller. I plan doing another 6-week series later in July, but not sure if I'm going to use the 1.0 or 1.5 roller.

I have a few freckles on my left forearm and will start rolling that area this weekend.

Jen, thanks for the scoop. I'm glad to know that I probably shouldn't be expecting to see anything this soon. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
snowqueen67 wrote:
Following the questions about pigmentation, I offer that I had moderate pigmentation/melasma and freckling. This has completely gone, as a result of the DR and presumably the Vit C I have used with it. I have used the 1.5mm only. I have done probably 20 or more rolls though...... I didn't read all the science before I started, just went for it, and never took breaks etc. My skin looks wonderful, so I'm not sorry.

rebecca

This is fabulous news...did you use hydroquinone at all for your melasma, or just the Vit C?

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
Congrats on everyones success and thanks so much for your replies and help.I am happy to have found this place!

I was wondering if you think the oil-soluble vitamin c is better?
I currently use C/E and Ferulic from S.C.
It is okay..but I guess not as good as Oil-soluble types?

any thoughts?
I would love to order another C soon!

Amanda
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
mandapanda wrote:
Congrats on everyones success and thanks so much for your replies and help.I am happy to have found this place!

I was wondering if you think the oil-soluble vitamin c is better?
I currently use C/E and Ferulic from S.C.
It is okay..but I guess not as good as Oil-soluble types?

any thoughts?
I would love to order another C soon!

Amanda

Amanda, there are very good oil soluble dicussions on these threads:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=29775&highlight=soluble

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=29835&highlight=soluble

Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:02 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |