Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
DermaRoller
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
mogulicious
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
TanyaB - you may want to wait a few days after rolling to use your Baby Q, as others have posted that it calms the inflammation from rolling. Inflammation is what you want, as this will cause you skin to regenerate. I've been applying SkinActives Let's Make Collagen serum after rolling, some gals apply Matrixyl 3000.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, mogulicious!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
Mars wrote:
Hi, I use the 1.5mm roller. The day after a roll, my skin, face and hands, is plump. But, in 3-5 days, I'm all wrinkly, especially my hands. Crying or Very sad

Mars, this is from the inflammation...fluids collect as part of the wound healing cascade after the rolling, and then they start receding which makes you look wrinkly. Hang in there...this is part of the regeneration process!

If you read page 64, you will see a discussion on this. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you, Bethany. I need the encouragement. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Mars wrote:
Hi, I use the 1.5mm roller. The day after a roll, my skin, face and hands, is plump. But, in 3-5 days, I'm all wrinkly, especially my hands. Crying or Very sad

Mars, this is from the inflammation...fluids collect as part of the wound healing cascade after the rolling, and then they start receding which makes you look wrinkly. Hang in there...this is part of the regeneration process!

If you read page 64, you will see a discussion on this. Smile

OOPS!!! That was supposed to say page 67..sorry about that! Embarassed

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there, does anyone know if the dermroller or novaderm roller is available from EDS as i couldnt find it.
batwhirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
vassbeaute wrote:
Hi there, does anyone know if the dermroller or novaderm roller is available from EDS as i couldnt find it.

vassbeate...you may want to check out http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=29392
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
batwhirl wrote:
vassbeaute wrote:

vassbeate...you may want to check out http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=29392

Vass, the Novaderm roller by Clearskin hasn't received the greatest reviews...another forum member recently mentioned that the one they purchased had inconsistent lengths on the needles, and someone else said that theirs broke soon after purchasing.

The only roller that EDS carries is the .15mm Dr. Roller made for Leaf & Rusher. However, it appears to be MIA when I just went and looked for it...maybe EDS doesn't want to encourage our rolling habit?? Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone know a cheap way to numb? Sad
sherryf13500
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
I use ice. It is cheap
Thyckecutie
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
sherryf13500 wrote:
I use ice. It is cheap

How do you apply and how long?
iplskincare

Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
dear, Smile does anyone use the ipl for hair remolval? the result is surprised, I have used it for four month,now I kick nearly all the hair on my armpit and bikini,so nice of my skin now. that is a great device for personal using. Surprised
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
iplskincare wrote:
dear, Smile does anyone use the ipl for hair remolval? the result is surprised, I have used it for four month,now I kick nearly all the hair on my armpit and bikini,so nice of my skin now. that is a great device for personal using. Surprised

IPL, you have posted this question on EVERY forum...this particular thread has NOTHING to do with IPL.

BTW, I already answered your question on one of your many other posts for the same information.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
Thyckecutie wrote:
sherryf13500 wrote:
I use ice. It is cheap

How do you apply and how long?

Thyke, I remember Polkadot saying that she would freeze her ice in round butter tubs in order to numb a larger area.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
FYI...Thyckecutie just posted a new 20% off coupon for dermarollers.us on the Discounted Dermarollers thread:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=391548#391548

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
I just did my first roll tonight!

Boy, was I chicken about this (recieved it last Wed). I held off as long as I could. I actually had some flaking issues going on w/ those sensitive spots that reacted poorly to the sun last month. They had finally settled down enuf to do this.

I can see I will be needing the numbing cream. I don't think I applied very much pressure this first time. One area that I did do well (after icing that spot longer) developed tiny pin pricks of blood. This happens to be that sensitive area and I think the skin might be thinner there anyway.

I applied my retinoid about an hour before rolling and then, also applied a diluted Super CP serum just before rolling - keeping the area wet w/ it. I then waited about 1/2 hr and applied Emu Oil.

Does this sound about right?

I think I'd actually like to apply the CP right after rolling instead. I did that to a couple spots afterwards tonight and no stinging. This makes me think I could handle CPs right away post rolling - maybe even full strength.

When should I roll again? Can I wear makeup tomorrow? What has everyone been doing?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
I just did my first roll tonight!

Boy, was I chicken about this (recieved it last Wed). I held off as long as I could. I actually had some flaking issues going on w/ those sensitive spots that reacted poorly to the sun last month. They had finally settled down enuf to do this.

I can see I will be needing the numbing cream. I don't think I applied very much pressure this first time. One area that I did do well (after icing that spot longer) developed tiny pin pricks of blood. This happens to be that sensitive area and I think the skin might be thinner there anyway.

I applied my retinoid about an hour before rolling and then, also applied a diluted Super CP serum just before rolling - keeping the area wet w/ it. I then waited about 1/2 hr and applied Emu Oil.

Does this sound about right?

I think I'd actually like to apply the CP right after rolling instead. I did that to a couple spots afterwards tonight and no stinging. This makes me think I could handle CPs right away post rolling - maybe even full strength.

When should I roll again? Can I wear makeup tomorrow? What has everyone been doing?

Foxe, you did not mention what length needles you used, but I think you bought a 1.5mm? Assuming that is correct...

You should not roll again for at least a week (or 2 weeks if you are concerned about minimizing chronic inflammation).

Use CPs every day if you are used to doing so, and ensure that you are also using Vit C and Vit A throughout the next week. You will also want to be extra gentle with your skin since you just poked a gazillion holes in it.

BTW, I do not recommend using ANY retinoid product right before.after rolling until one becomes familiar with what trauma is caused just from the rolling alone...I am STILL dealing with my Retin-A nightmare recovery after rolling with a .15mm on 8/2. Caution is better in this instance...believe me!!

Emu oil reduces inflammation, but you actually WANT inflammation right after rolling because it is part of the wound healing cascade. I personally wait at least 24 hours before applying any anti-inflammatory because I hate rolling, and want to get the MOST out of each roll.

And I would definitely get a numbing cream...if you don't poke enough holes (and deep enough), you will not kick off the wound healing cascade, and you will get only product penetration results...but no collagen. You should read the CIT/Dermarolling articles if you want to know more about how it works.

BTW, what did you use for disinfection?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:58 am      Reply with quote
Foxe, you did not mention what length needles you used, but I think you bought a 1.5mm?
Bethany - you were right on the size needles. I do have the 1.5mm.

Use CPs every day if you are used to doing so, and ensure that you are also using Vit C and Vit A throughout the next week.
I have been using the Vit C (Vivier) and Vit A (Retin A/tazorac) regularly. Do you think using them is only necessary the week B4 a roll? I'd rather use my CPs twice a day if that's true. (Replacing the Vit C). I will continue the retinoid no matter what - thanks to my oily/acne prone skin.

You will also want to be extra gentle with your skin since you just poked a gazillion holes in it.
Does this mean I shouldn't use a BHA the next morning? Just did - nothing bad happened.

Emu oil reduces inflammation, but you actually WANT inflammation right after rolling because it is part of the wound healing cascade.
I applied the Emu oil after for the push factor - to help push the CPs in. Does it really reduce inflammation? Oh Well. Emu doesn't sink into my oily skin very well anyway. I don't mind leaving it out on rolling nights.

BTW, what did you use for disinfection?
I used Tea Tree Oil for an aneseptic B4. Should I also use it after?

BTW, I do not recommend using ANY retinoid product right before.after rolling until one becomes familiar with what trauma is caused just from the rolling alone...I am STILL dealing with my Retin-A nightmare recovery after rolling with a .15mm on 8/2. Caution is better in this instance...believe me!!
I do not have any irritation this morning except for the sunburn look. I've been using a retinoid for so long (17 years) along w/ a BHA (the last year) that I must have developed pretty tough skin. Plus - I waited an hour B4 doing the roll after I used my retinoid. (The longer the better??? Wink )

I will wait for my numbing cream B4 I do my next roll. I can't believe I haven't recieved it yet - they actually applied charges to my account last week and I've recieved no email confirming shipment (Canadian Pharmacy)

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:41 am      Reply with quote
I just bought 2 Dermarollers, a 1.5 and a .50 on Amazon.com (thinking I might want different lengths for different areas of my face, hands and arms), and I've been reading about numbing creams. There are tons of online warnings from the FDA that numbing creams have been linked with coma and deaths. I haven't used the rollers yet, still trying to educate myself on how to do it. What do you think about using ice? Obviously it would tighten the skin and close the pores. How does that affect the puncturing process?

I read in one of the links posted in this thread that you need to use a pressure of no more than 500 grams, and I practiced a little on my digital food scales.

Any insights to get me going will be much appreciated. I'm excited about this, and I'm not squeamish, just careful.

I’m 60, never smoked, eat healthy, fitness center + hiking, lots of water and nutrients, size 4 jeans Smile, some lower facial sagging, but it’s improving with AALS, Clarisonic, Remergent, L2K, (including her new hand held devices), Ageless exercises, peels, OCM, etc. “This is my face; deal with it.” Annette Bening
Thyckecutie
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:31 am      Reply with quote
Im scared of numbing creams to but I know that it will give me the best rolls. Im scared that it will get pushed into the skin even though you have to rinse off. Plus is soo expensive. Using for the face area is fine but for larger areas of the body it can be quite expensive since the tubes are small. I hope ice works well but I doubt it Rolling Eyes
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:15 am      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
Use CPs every day if you are used to doing so, and ensure that you are also using Vit C and Vit A throughout the next week.
I have been using the Vit C (Vivier) and Vit A (Retin A/tazorac) regularly. Do you think using them is only necessary the week B4 a roll? I'd rather use my CPs twice a day if that's true. (Replacing the Vit C). I will continue the retinoid no matter what - thanks to my oily/acne prone skin.

You do not want to replace the Vit C...both A and C are critical to the development of collagen (way more so than the additional CPs).

This article explains the procedure the pros use...pre-treat daily with A and C for roughly monthly, and treat post-roll daily for 3 weeks.

Environ® Medical Roll-CIT™ Micro-needling
Revolutionary New Approach to Medical Needling

Probably my FAVORITE rolling article - it contains frequency recommendations, as well as pre- and post-roll protocols for optimal collagen development. Also comparisons of rolling with 1mm vs. 3mm needles.
http://www.dermaconcepts.com/2004/environ1mmNeedling1.pdf

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:57 am      Reply with quote
is it ok to take the Vit C pills and use Vitaman A topical? I have a lotion with Vit A as one of the main ingredients
Thyckecutie
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:41 am      Reply with quote
Can you clean the roller in Hydrogen Peroxide? I just recieved mines. I tried it on my hand really quick. it kind of felt like I was rolling over my skin. Should I feel it breaking the skin? It doesnt feel that bad so far, if Im doing it correctly. Its much smaller then I expected. Im going to have to put some time in to this to roll my thighs and tummy. Should I clean it b4 my first use?
batwhirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:05 am      Reply with quote
Thyckecutie wrote:
Can you clean the roller in Hydrogen Peroxide? I just recieved mines. I tried it on my hand really quick. it kind of felt like I was rolling over my skin. Should I feel it breaking the skin? It doesnt feel that bad so far, if Im doing it correctly. Its much smaller then I expected. Im going to have to put some time in to this to roll my thighs and tummy. Should I clean it b4 my first use?

Hi Thyckecutie,

I soak my rollers in alcohol post roll however I've read that you can also use denture cleaning tablets which are supposed to remove any tissue debris as well. I did clean my rollers before the first roll.

I've only rolled a few times with a .5 and 1mm roller and though I feel can feel little pokies not it does not necessarily feel like skin breaking

I imagine there may be different sensations depending upon which area you are rolling...for instance I've found rolling my upper lip is more sensitive than the rest of my face. I've only used Bactine with 2.5% lidocaine however ordered Tridocaine from the Canada Drug Superstore so that I may be able to be more aggressive with my rolling.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:11 am      Reply with quote
Thyckecutie wrote:
is it ok to take the Vit C pills and use Vitaman A topical? I have a lotion with Vit A as one of the main ingredients

Thy, I really don't know if there is a difference or not...all I can tell you is what the professionals do/recommend.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:26 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |