Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
DermaRoller
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:08 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Anway, with that said, I really just wanted to give credit where credit is due, and thank Beth for her contributions...

Thanks Beth from the bottom of my

Thanks Kassy...that was very sweet of you to say.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:51 pm      Reply with quote
mariah wrote:
My roller came in the mail today.
My dear husband looked at it and (literally) gasped and said: you are going to use THAT on your face?
My cheapo roller came in a metal canister labeled CSI Mesoroller. It is 1.5, and as far as I can see-- no bent probes (what are these called? Nails? whew! ... not sure I will be up to this! Rolling Eyes ).
Question: on Thursday last week-that's 4 days ago- I had a peel done. When can I do my first roll? Would it be better if I do it now that my skin is sensitive, or should I wait a few days?
Thank you!

Hi Mariah,

LOL - that's pretty much the reaction my husband had too. He kind of just shook his head and had that expression that means "Women, I just don't understand them"...

Anyway - I'm not a dermarolling expert by any means - but I think it might be best to wait until your skin has had a chance to recover from the peel. There is only so much remodeling/healing that your face can do at one time - so adding insult to injury (peel + dermarolling) might be a bit much. And, too much trauma might make you more prone to post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation - which I'm sure you'd want to avoid.

I'm currently doing Obagi Nu Derm - and asked Bethany about dermarolling. The advice she gave to me was to wait until my skin is not quite so aggravated before I roll. I'm assuming that the advice might be the same for you?

The one you might want to consult is Bethany - as she's really done her research on dermarolling. JMHO... Smile
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:23 pm      Reply with quote
mariah wrote:
Question: on Thursday last week-that's 4 days ago- I had a peel done. When can I do my first roll? Would it be better if I do it now that my skin is sensitive, or should I wait a few days?
Thank you!

I would personally wait 2 weeks. Your skin can only remodel so quickly, and overloading it is when you run into problems. Keep in mind that you are trying to remodel the skin on your face....you are not resurfacing a road.

If you are dying to try out the roller, pick another area like your hands, arms, etc.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:55 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
While LEDs may help stimulate fibroplasts, they also decrease inflammation. As you can see from the quotes below, the inflammation phase is critical to the release of MANY enzymes and growth factors critical to wound healing. And the longer the inflammation phase, the more collagen that is ultimately developed....I personally try to follow the professional protocol as closely as possible in order to maximize my collagen development (that is includes the process as well as the topicals) And if more inflammation = more collagen (my ultimate goal) then I am not going to do anything that decreases inflammation. If I only roll monthly, that still leaves me 3 full weeks to use my LED without jeopardizing any of my collagen development.

Thanks for the response Bethany. It sounds like you're allowing a week for the "cascade" factors to do their thing after rolling, before you use the LED. I'm going to try a program of 3 once-a-week sessions with my .5 roller,using the LED on days 4 - 7, followed by one monthly thorough session with the 1.0, then a one month hiatus (using the LED for the last 3 weeks) before repeating the program a total of six times. Then a longer break of perhaps six months during which I'll use the LED only. I'd like to improve laxity and texture while avoiding chronic inflammation. Good heavens, I'm going to need a separate calendar just to track the skin care activities!

Remember when "maintenance" involved taking a shower and shaving your legs? Confused Thanks again for the help.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:32 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
JenJ wrote:
Question: Has anyone rolled the area under their chin and experienced any tightening? I actually had a consultation last week because I'm starting to feel a little loosening under my chin. He told me that I didn't have enough to lipo so I'm wondering if will take care of that.

Any thoughts?

Jen, have you considered either FlexEffect (very comprehensive, but time consuming) or the Facial Flex (only 4 mins a day, but doesn't do the upper face).

I bought both...I haven't started the Flex Effect yet, but I did start the Facial Flex and saw results along my jawline in 2 weeks. (way faster and less painful than rolling!)

Hi Bethany,

I've been doing the 15 minute Flex Effect program for over a year..then stopped doing it over the summer. I'll have to start it again. I do all but the brow one..started seeing a vertical line and had to do a couple of deep rolls to stimulate the collagen. I'll pull out my Facial Flex and do that as well - thanks for the reminder!
Neenersan

Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:49 am      Reply with quote
Hello To All.
My sister told me about the Dr. Roller and this forum and told me to read everything before I ordered anything. I just spent the last hour reading from the beginning....then my eyes started to cross so I skipped to the end. A lot of very good information...maybe too much!

Anyway, I am impatient to start this rolling and youthening procedure and need to know where I can get the Dr. Roller. My sister says there's a guy who gives a discount if you're an EDS member but she doesn't remember who he is. Do any of you?

Also, is there a general consensus of opinion on which creams or oils to use either during or after the rolling? I will be using the Dr. Roller for wrinkles, pores and a couple of small scars...does it make a difference? Is there a specific product for each type of problem or are they sort of the "one size fits all" creams?

One weird question: Has anyone used it on their lips to give them that 'bee stung' look? Or do I expect too much of a miracle?

Thank you all for the wonderful information I've already read. I'm going to keep reading until I catch up with page 89.

Neenersan
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:31 am      Reply with quote
Neenersan wrote:
Hello To All.
My sister told me about the Dr. Roller and this forum and told me to read everything before I ordered anything. I just spent the last hour reading from the beginning....then my eyes started to cross so I skipped to the end. A lot of very good information...maybe too much!

Anyway, I am impatient to start this rolling and youthening procedure and need to know where I can get the Dr. Roller. My sister says there's a guy who gives a discount if you're an EDS member but she doesn't remember who he is. Do any of you?

Also, is there a general consensus of opinion on which creams or oils to use either during or after the rolling? I will be using the Dr. Roller for wrinkles, pores and a couple of small scars...does it make a difference? Is there a specific product for each type of problem or are they sort of the "one size fits all" creams?

One weird question: Has anyone used it on their lips to give them that 'bee stung' look? Or do I expect too much of a miracle?

Thank you all for the wonderful information I've already read. I'm going to keep reading until I catch up with page 89.

Neenersan

The seller of the rollers that we all use is Jack from Onestopshop. Check out this thread for his number:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=29392

As far as actives to use with the roller, a lot of ppl use some sort of vit A and vit C. I use CPs with mine and had awesome results w/ CPs before I started using the roller. I want the roller to get the CPs in deeper. I also use Retin A for my vit A. The CPs would be perfect for the scars.

bethany is our local expert and will hopefully chime in here w/ some more info for you.

5% products discount

Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
Are their any US dermatologists offering this service specifically san francisco, CA? I can't find any on line. I searched for dermatologists that provide Microneedle Therapy.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
Neenersan wrote:
One weird question: Has anyone used it on their lips to give them that 'bee stung' look? Or do I expect too much of a miracle? Neenersan

You should not use the dermaroller on your lips if you are prone to cold sores.
mariah
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks o all who responded to my post above! I will wait to roll my face (a month?) to let it recover from the peel. Meanshile, as Hands were suggested: is it the same protocol?

thanks again!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
tessera wrote:
I'd like to improve laxity and texture while avoiding chronic inflammation.

I have a very good article on inflammation if you want to read it...pm me with your address if you want me to send it you.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
Neenersan wrote:

They do not recommend rolling your lips as it may trigger an outbreak of the herpes virus...even if you *think* you don't have the herpes virus.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
betsyaida wrote:
Are their any US dermatologists offering this service specifically san francisco, CA? I can't find any on line. I searched for dermatologists that provide Microneedle Therapy.

Hi Betsy,

Here are just a couple links that I've found for you:

Michael R. Macdonald, M.D., 490 Post Street Suite 542, San Francisco, CA 94102, (415) 956-3223
http://www.drmmacdonald.com/non-invasive.php#COLLAGEN

Aura Skin Spa, 118 Columbus Ave ,San Francisco, CA 94133, (415) 788-3800
http://www.auraskinspa.com/

You may have better results if you do a search using the term "collagen induction therapy" or "percutaneous collagen induction therapy".

Hope this helps!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
Neenersan wrote:
Hello To All.

Neenersan

The seller of the rollers that we all use is Jack from Onestopshop. Check out this thread for his number:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=29392

As far as actives to use with the roller, a lot of ppl use some sort of vit A and vit C. I use CPs with mine and had awesome results w/ CPs before I started using the roller. I want the roller to get the CPs in deeper. I also use Retin A for my vit A. The CPs would be perfect for the scars.

bethany is our local expert and will hopefully chime in here w/ some more info for you.

If you want to remodel skin effectively, you need high levels of both Vit C and Vit A...preferably before you even begin rolling!

I personally follow my rolls with Retin A (except on my chest which is too sensitive), and then apply 302 A Boost and C Boost mixed together a couple of times a day for the next 3 days or so after rolling.

CP's can be effective for scar remodeling, as they can help remove damaged proteins...just be sure to apply them at least 12 hours away from any product containing Vit C.

Please be sure to read some of the key articles within the CIT/Dermarolling Articles thread...the better you understand the way dermarolling works, the more likely you are to have better results. Unfortunately, impatience will not work in your favor when turning yourself into The Human Pin Cushion. Sad

CIT/Dermarolling Articles
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=29860

Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:20 am      Reply with quote
Thanks to all for the info.

It doesn't look like I'll be turning into that pincushion any time soon because I can't seem to find the fellow named Jack who sells the Dr. Roller. His web site is for sale and he hasn't responded to my email. Does anyone know if he's still in business? Or know of another place to get one (at a discounted price?)
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
Neenersan here's a couple of alternatives.
www.dr-roller.eu
This one has free shipping worldwide and all rollers are $69.

There's also this one. www.dermarollers.us
This one has a 25% off sale right now. It also has the 3 line roller.
HTH Smile
Neenersan

Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
Mishey,

Thanks for the urls. Maybe I'm just naturally dense, or perhaps I had too much Happy Hour tonight, but the dr-roller.eu site was all Greek to me...or some other language. I couldn't understand any of it and couldn't find a page to order anything. Is it me? Or the wine?

Is the dermaroller the same quality as the Dr. Roller? I've heard the Dr. Roller is much better.

Neener
suesmith

Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
Neersan

There is also the Australian skincare roller - clearskincare (.com.au) - which sells on ebay(.com.au).

The prices are quite competitive now since the international financial meltdown caused the Australian dollar to drop dramatically against the USD. It is $75.99 US for a .75mm 96 pin and $59.99 for a .3mm 48 pin. A bit more for postage.

I have used both consistently and consider them good rollers - they are designed for multiple usage, and have a screw adjustment on the side so as to alter the friction of the rolling head. I own and like a "dr roller", designated single use. It has big needles and I don't have the courage to use it much. Best to start short and build up IMHO. LOL.

Regards
Sue Smith
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
Neenersan wrote:
Mishey,

Thanks for the urls. Maybe I'm just naturally dense, or perhaps I had too much Happy Hour tonight, but the dr-roller.eu site was all Greek to me...or some other language. I couldn't understand any of it and couldn't find a page to order anything. Is it me? Or the wine?

Is the dermaroller the same quality as the Dr. Roller? I've heard the Dr. Roller is much better.

Neener

Laughing Sorry forgot to tell you there's a flag up the top left corner that you need to click on to get it up in English.

Yes from what I've heard they're good quality rollers. I'm going to get my next one from them.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:01 pm      Reply with quote
Mishey wrote:
Neenersan wrote:
Mishey,

Neener

The dr-roller.eu sells only the Dr. Roller models. Smile

Laughing Sorry forgot to tell you there's a flag up the top left corner that you need to click on to get it up in English.

Yes from what I've heard they're good quality rollers. I'm going to get my next one from them.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
Mishey wrote:
www.dermarollers.us
This one has a 25% off sale right now. It also has the 3 line roller.
HTH Smile

Mishey, I didn't know thatwww.dermarollers.us is now carrying a 3 Line roller...very interesting!

I am going to cross post this on the Discounted Dermaroller thread...thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:34 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I just had another Dermaroller Death (my baby .15mm, sigh), and I really think that the enzyme bubbles from the denture tablets may be sending them to an early grave.

While that is actually a recommended cleansing method, I think I am going to switch to cleansing my new rollers with hot water and a brief dip in alcohol.

Of course, there are some benefits to being forced to replace them...196 new sharp needles, to be exact. But I would prefer to choose when to replace them, as opposed to having a chunk fall out in mid-roll with no back up. Rolling Eyes

Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:32 am      Reply with quote
Mishey wrote:

Well, that made way more sense in English! Imagine that! javascript:emoticon('Very Happy')

My sister, bless her heart, just called the number that was in the thread for Jack and he's still in business. So I'll call him and order one or two.

I want to order the 1.5 regular roller and, if I have to, a 3-line roller. Can the regular size roller get between the eyebrows and do the upper lip? Please say yes so I don't have to spend more money.

Where do you all get your CPs and Vit C? Is there some place that is preferable to others?

I have to start soon out of self defense. Last night I had a dream I was rolling my left arm. When I woke up I saw that I had scratched it all over with my fingernails and had welts all up and down my arm!
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
You can get both of those from right here. Skin Biology is the name of the CP mfg. There are a few choices on the Vit C. You can do a search for that to find threads that talk about it. I'm using Vivier's since I heard good things about it.

You can also get some of these from other sellers. Skin Biology has it's own website and has a special running (free sample w/ a $50 purchase). http://www.reverseskinaging.com/

There's alsowww.dianayvonne.com , platinum skin care and ncn professional skin care among others for the CPs and perhaps some other products.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
Neenersan wrote:
I want to order the 1.5 regular roller and, if I have to, a 3-line roller. Can the regular size roller get between the eyebrows and do the upper lip? Please say yes so I don't have to spend more money.

A regular size roller will work for between your eyes and above your lip.

The 3Line comes in most handy for people who need to focus on the upper and lower eyes because it allows you to get much closer.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:06 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |