Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)
DermaRoller
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:31 am      Reply with quote
Hi, Guys, This tools is completely new to me. I see them on Ebay for $149. This is a "once use"? Also, what is L&R? Thank you so very much. This forum rocks!
kyplantjunkie
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Mars,
I'm guessing the $149.00 roller you're looking at is from the Thailand seller--they are NOT one use. You clean it after rolling by running under hot tap water, and air dry. Basically, most of the rollers are good for 50-100 uses, basically when the needles loose their sharpness.
L&R is Leaf and Rusher- a brand that makes the shorter- 0.25mm rollers. I think they are sold online and at Bath and Body Works. The short ones are good for product absorption. The longer rollers--1.5-2.0mm are great for scar improvement and collagen production. There's a ton of info on this site, and the acne.org site about needling/dermarollers.
Best of luck to you,
Robin
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, Thank you for your helpful response. I'm going to visit my in-laws over Thanksgiving. It's important to me to look good. Do you think it would be advisable for me to purchase a roller and use it between now and then? I have some pretty deep acne scarring on my chin.
Sad
kyplantjunkie
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
Absolutely, just make sure you allow 2-3days down time the first time you roll. I'm usually fine (no rednness) by the following morning, but everyone is different.
Robin
diaan46
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:22 am      Reply with quote
Laughing Yes I dit,I have purchase the roller from the Ebay seller dips recommended

http://cgi.ebay.com/WRINKLES-ACNE-SCARS-FACE-OR-BODY-SKIN-ROLLER-RARE-1-5-M_W0QQitemZ330158296161QQihZ014QQcategoryZ29618QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem.

Thanks so match for sharing all your experience
with the rollers girls

Diana
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
I so very much appreciate all the generous sharing of experiences on this forum. Regarding the roller: is it painful? I really would like to address the two scars I have on my chin. Do I need to go with the 1.5? I've been through a LOT with my complexion since age 11. I'm tough but, I get weary of putting myself through pain. Having said that, if I thought it would significantly help, I'd endure the pain. Thank you for your help. I really, really appreciate it. Mars Smile
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
Mars wrote:
I so very much appreciate all the generous sharing of experiences on this forum. Regarding the roller: is it painful? I really would like to address the two scars I have on my chin. Do I need to go with the 1.5? I've been through a LOT with my complexion since age 11. I'm tough but, I get weary of putting myself through pain. Having said that, if I thought it would significantly help, I'd endure the pain. Thank you for your help. I really, really appreciate it. Mars Smile

I use a 1.5 roller twice a week now. It really is making a significant difference to my skin - I think its really thickening up. For your scarring I would definitely go for the 1.5 roller. As for the pain factor - I believe in the old saying "no pain, no gain". Needling is quite unpleasant to do but the longer you do it, the more your skin toughens up. I would suggest using a topical numbing cream such as Emla for your first few times and then see how you go. Also, be prepared for some redness after needling. I used to look as though I had a very bad sunburn afterwards, however, I'm now finding that the redness only lasts a few hours - this is a sure sign that my skin is thickening up and laying down more collagen. HTH.
neroliwater
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
In case anyone is still interested in Dermaroller, BBW (Bath and Body Works) flagship stores are selling them 90% off!! $9 for the dermaroller and $11.2 for a dermaroller kit, which probably includes a small Tx serum etc. Of course all the other Leaf & Rusher products are 90% off too! I finally get a chance to try out the serum and the famous dermaroller Laughing Laughing
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:33 am      Reply with quote
neroliwater wrote:
In case anyone is still interested in Dermaroller, BBW (Bath and Body Works) flagship stores are selling them 90% off!! $9 for the dermaroller and $11.2 for a dermaroller kit, which probably includes a small Tx serum etc. Of course all the other Leaf & Rusher products are 90% off too! I finally get a chance to try out the serum and the famous dermaroller Laughing Laughing

Blimey! I live in the UK and if anyone other in the US would be able to buy one for me, I'd be extremely grateful, please? I'd be happy to pay in advance via Paypal and for shipping over here.

Pretty please?
toblerone
5% products discount

Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
neroliwater wrote:

Blimey! I live in the UK and if anyone other in the US would be able to buy one for me, I'd be extremely grateful, please? I'd be happy to pay in advance via Paypal and for shipping over here.

Pretty please?

I live in Canada and would be grateful if someone could pick one up for me too.
I can do paypal too..

Please?? Angel
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
I have Dermaroller but am interested in Leaf & Rusher products. I called 3 Bath & Body Work Flagship stores in Southern California area last night around 8:40pm - all Leaf & Rusher products are gone and only 1 Dermaroller left in Riverside store.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
I planned to go after work today and buy several. Once for me, the rest to share. They don't carry ANY dermarollers at the flagship B&BW in Raleigh.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
Oh well... I went back to BBW after work today and everything went up to 75% off Crying or Very sad I had no idea that they can raise the sale price up. So I ended up walking out the store empty-handed.
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:37 pm      Reply with quote
neroliwater wrote:
Oh well... I went back to BBW after work today and everything went up to 75% off Crying or Very sad I had no idea that they can raise the sale price up. So I ended up walking out the store empty-handed.

Unless I am reading your post incorrectly, in my book 75% off is a good deal.

5% products discount

Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
neroliwater wrote:

What is the price of them with the 75% off? I think I'm still interested if someone is going and getting one for themselves. I can paypal you the money asap.

thanks!!
katebargold
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
Is anyone using these with DPL?
I was using the Leaf and rush one on my face but have stopped.
Got the DPL last month and am using it most days. Just wondering should i wait for the 2 months before recommencing the roller.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:06 pm      Reply with quote
katebargold wrote:
Is anyone using these with DPL?
I was using the Leaf and rush one on my face but have stopped.
Got the DPL last month and am using it most days. Just wondering should i wait for the 2 months before recommencing the roller.

I am using the Baby Q along with the roller. When I first started rollering I used the Baby Q directly afterwards and actually found that it soothed my skin. I can't imagine any reason for not using them both together. I now roller twice a week and use the Baby Q about three times a week, but not on the same day.
cahoot
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:10 am      Reply with quote
I'm just wondering whether anyone has used a derma roller for stretch marks? Does it work? I have very bad stretch marks and hate them with a passion..so if this helps count me in!
Zenity
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:50 am      Reply with quote
Cahoot yes, the Dermaroller helps with stretch marks if used in a regular basis.
I have been using it on my sister's old stretch marks since September along with glicolic acid and tretitoin (also known as retinoic acid, not retinol) and results are amazing. In the most resistant areas they are not gone 100% but almost invisible , most of them are invisible, though.
I have heard from other users (just of the acids) that after 6 to 12 months of consistent use some of their strecht marks were gone forever, so i guess the dermaroller has helped a lot to accelerate the process. In some areas you would never ever suspect it was a stretch mark before.

So far we are very pleased an happy.

I have to say that we used the professional dermaroller 2cm deep sometimes the 3cm and I am the one giving her treatments, she is a bit scared to do it herself.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:43 am      Reply with quote
toblerone wrote:
neroliwater wrote:

What is the price of them with the 75% off? I think I'm still interested if someone is going and getting one for themselves. I can paypal you the money asap.

thanks!!

Yes, 75% still sounds like a very good deal. It seems as though they may be sold out already, though, from what the other posters have said.
toblerone
5% products discount

Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:31 am      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
toblerone wrote:
neroliwater wrote:

thanks!!

Yes, 75% still sounds like a very good deal. It seems as though they may be sold out already, though, from what the other posters have said.

Well, if anyone can find an extra, I would be interested in buying it.

Thanks!
chickenlittle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I've been watching this discussion on dermarollers with interest, I want to try it now!

On a budget though - so please put me 3rd in line if any kind USA-based person could buy one in the Bath & Body Works sale!! I'll take anything from 0.2 to 1.5mm, preferably 0.5

I'm in the UK, will paypal in advance.

thankyou Very Happy
cahoot
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
zenity, thanks you for your post and congrats to you and your sister for managing to banish those dreaded stretch marks! retin-a sounds like a good idea, i'll try that next, at the moment i'm trying out this ayurvedic preparation but it's still early days and too soon to tell.
i was thinking of buying the 0.9mm one so i can use it on the face as well, but seems like that might not be enough for stretch marks. hmm..what a quandary!
Zenity
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:56 am      Reply with quote
Oooppppssss!!!!
BIG MISTAKE!LOl!
I meant 2mm to 3mm deep! Sorry! I am more used to cm than mm! Laughing

I have been using the 1mm myself only in my hands for a week or so and I am seeing great results too.
I will do the same with a big scar that I have in my body and will try to post pics later if the improvement is worth it.
I think next step is to go for my face, but I have so many things to test that I don't want to mix things up to know better what results I am getting of each one. Scientist method Wink
azumma
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
AAAAAAAAA Freak out!!! Isn't it hurt??? I can't try ... Sad Shock Confused Rolling Eyes
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:01 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |