Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
DermaRoller
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
bciw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
DelitefulDiva wrote:
I chose one with the Lysorbic Acid, distilled water, Vit E & Glycerin, simply because all the ingredients were readily available at my pharmacy.

what's the brand name. or was it prepared formula?
DelitefulDiva

Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
bciw wrote:
DelitefulDiva wrote:
I chose one with the Lysorbic Acid, distilled water, Vit E & Glycerin, simply because all the ingredients were readily available at my pharmacy.

what's the brand name. or was it prepared formula?

It's a DIY version...
bciw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:51 pm      Reply with quote
I'm wondering if anyone has any results on raised scars despite me reading this same statement from different sources, that is: " The only type of acne scars that the Dermaroller would not have a positive result is keloid acne scar tissue" and from what i understand a keloid is made up by excess collagen tissue, so i guess an increase in collagen with the dermaroller would be undesirable at least in that aspect. I believe this subject matter is very important becoz anyone can develop keloids at any time in the future not just people prone to keloids. i'd really like to hear some opinions. please share.
hyeonjlee
5% products discount

Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
delitefuldiva,

I find that in general I can get prescription drugs and medicine at a cheaper price through various canadian drug stores - prices even LOWER than the price I am paying with the prescription drug coverage from my health plan.

For instance, 20 grams of generic retin A cost me below $20 through getcanadiandrugs.com (sp?), while I used to pay close to $50 WITH the prescription coverage from my health plan.

I could even get generic version of retin A without prescription from the above drug store, so now I don't have to visit dermatologist solely for the purpose of getting retin A prescription. In general, I find dermatologist really more or less useless for consultation on common skin problems like wrinkles, pimples, etc. I get much more information from the boards like this. Of course, if I have a serious problem that requires real professional opinions, I will go to the doctor.

Vitamin C: I make V C serum at home for a few pennies. You order L ascorbic acid and distilled water, mix it everyday and use all over the body. The expensive stuff like $60 for an ounce costs that much because of the special "cooking" they do to make it stable on the shelf
over a year. If you make it at home, you don't need to worry about rapid oxidation issue of V C.

All in all, I am finding that you can have wonderful skin at a very low cost without having to shell out $$$ for feel good marketing campaign and beautiful packaging.
DelitefulDiva

Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
hyeonjlee wrote:
delitefuldiva,

I find that in general I can get prescription drugs and medicine at a cheaper price through various canadian drug stores - prices even LOWER than the price I am paying with the prescription drug coverage from my health plan.

For instance, 20 grams of generic retin A cost me below $20 through getcanadiandrugs com (sp?), while I used to pay close to $50 WITH the prescription coverage from my health plan.

I totally agree that it can be done on a low budget!!

I did find it interesting when I did check out other online pharmacies that what cost me $50(incl shipping) from alldaychemist would have cost me $204 at getcanadiandrugs!!! Which BTW, would have been just about what it would have cost me in copays if I had gone through my own doctor (and thats even IF she would have even prescribed me Lidocaine!)

It pays to shop around!!
Janabanana
5% products discount

Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
I saw on the getcanadiandrugs that you also need a script. Is there a way around that? Alldaychemist doesn't carry the .1 mg Retin A cream only the gel which I find peels under makeup.
hyeonjlee
5% products discount

Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:53 pm      Reply with quote
regarding get canadiandrugs.com.....

enter "retin a" in their product search.

It will generate a list of different versions of retin a. I believe at the end of the list, there is "generic" version, and it says, you don't need prescription for this. (They do require prescription for the other versions)

I actually ordered them without prescription, and they were delivered. They are coming from India. The products are produced by Johnson & Johnson Indian subsidiary. They are legit products. Note: retin A patent is no longer effective, and generic is just as good as the branded version.

Also reconsider wearing retin A under make up during the day. Retin A is mostly for night application. Sun light, even with sunblock lotion is likely to greatly decrease its effectiveness.
hyeonjlee
5% products discount

Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:41 pm      Reply with quote
I bought 0.5mm roller for product penetration. Turns out, for product penetration, 0.5 is a bit of a heavy duty. In fact, it sort of hurt, and I became bright red with tiny specks of blood (microscopic). the redness disappeared within 2 hours or so. (I will buy 0.2mm roller for product penetration now)

I have done it twice over three weeks. Is 0.5mm rolling that triggers the reaction described above good enough for (very) faint acne scars, etc? Or, should I turn to 1.0 - 1.5mm - I bought both rollers - for initial 6 weekly torture sessions?

If 0.5mm is good enough, I may as well stay with it rather than upping my torture.
Maria_312
5% products discount

Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
Moongoddess,

Thanks for those words of encouragement! You are very sweet.

I am going to look into the 302 skincare line.
I am anxious to start rolling! Only a couple more months to go!
Mythtern
5% products discount

Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
Hello everyone,,hope this is the best place to ask this...I'm sure if it ain't you'll let me know...Ha Ha...anyway I have a 1.0 dermaroller that I am using on my face..I was wondering..When others here describe their skin after rolling they say nice and pink and plump refreshed ect. When i roll I get a lot of blood (think stuck pig) and after my skin is really red and peels for the next week or so. i don't get this nice plump look...it that o.k.? Is it because of the size of roller and is all the peeling o.k. Also does it look worse before it looks better cause I swear my scars look worse.
BTW this is the first of 6 total rolls 2 weeks apart that I am doing. Thanks for reading this I am looking forward to your replies. Smile Smile C
ace243
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
Ive been reading about thiosinaminum and calc fluor for stretchmarks. has anyone tried this with the derma roller or know any real information on it? thiosinaminum also comes in liquid form so I'm trying to figure out which method would be best taking pills or rubbing it on my marks after rolling.

i swear theres so many lotions & serums to use & i want to use them all lol but i know i have to stick to a few & make a routine.plus $$ is limited.
P Girl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
Mythtern wrote:
Hello everyone,,hope this is the best place to ask this...I'm sure if it ain't you'll let me know...Ha Ha...anyway I have a 1.0 dermaroller that I am using on my face..I was wondering..When others here describe their skin after rolling they say nice and pink and plump refreshed ect. When i roll I get a lot of blood (think stuck pig) and after my skin is really red and peels for the next week or so. i don't get this nice plump look...it that o.k.? Is it because of the size of roller and is all the peeling o.k. Also does it look worse before it looks better cause I swear my scars look worse.
BTW this is the first of 6 total rolls 2 weeks apart that I am doing. Thanks for reading this I am looking forward to your replies. Smile Smile C

I think everyone reacts differently. My body skin responds the way you're describing, but my face gets the plump look. I wouldn't worry about it. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
ace243 wrote:
Ive been reading about thiosinaminum and calc fluor for stretchmarks. has anyone tried this with the derma roller or know any real information on it? thiosinaminum also comes in liquid form so I'm trying to figure out which method would be best taking pills or rubbing it on my marks after rolling.

i swear theres so many lotions & serums to use & i want to use them all lol but i know i have to stick to a few & make a routine.plus $$ is limited.

I haven't heard about those things, but you can bet I'm going to look them up. Razz

There is just SO much out there that "could" work, but I think it's best to make a plan and stick to it. For my stretchmark treatment I've decided to follow the standard protocol with Vit. A & C and rolling. I've only done it once about 3 weeks ago (I did it one time several weeks before but wasn't pushing hard enough) and I think I'm starting to see a difference. I just got my Climax spray in yesterday so in a day or so I'm going to go balls to the wall. I hope to have some really positive results as I have a lot to correct!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
P Girl wrote:
ace243 wrote:

I haven't heard about those things, but you can bet I'm going to look them up. Razz

There is just SO much out there that "could" work, but I think it's best to make a plan and stick to it. For my stretchmark treatment I've decided to follow the standard protocol with Vit. A & C and rolling. I've only done it once about 3 weeks ago (I did it one time several weeks before but wasn't pushing hard enough) and I think I'm starting to see a difference. I just got my Climax spray in yesterday so in a day or so I'm going to go balls to the wall. I hope to have some really positive results as I have a lot to correct!

heres what i got off of the femalefirst stretchmark thread about thiosinaminum and calc fluor

http://abchomeopathy.com/r.php/Thio

https://www.yourhealthfoodstore.co.uk/details.php/p177_weleda_calc_fluor.html

http://www.goodnessdirect.co.uk/cgi-local/frameset/detail/920106_New_Era_Calc_Fluor__450_tablets.html

here's the femalefirst stretch mark thread where you can read more about it.

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/board/stretch-marks-t22228-7320.html

i need to buy another roller before i start a new routine,the kneedles are bent & its too hard to find them all & pull them out.
P Girl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
ace243 wrote:
P Girl wrote:
ace243 wrote:

heres what i got off of the femalefirst stretchmark thread about thiosinaminum and calc fluor

http://www.goodnessdirect.co.uk/cgi-local/frameset/detail/920106_New_Era_Calc_Fluor__450_tablets.html

i need to buy another roller before i start a new routine,the kneedles are bent & its too hard to find them all & pull them out.

I just finished going through that forum and...LMAO...my goodness...blaming one another of being stalkers and defending God and Jesus. LOL...we women can be so strange.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
Okay, does anyone know if Jack at One Stop is still selling dermarollers? I emailed him a while back regarding a purchase on a couple of rollers and he never got back to me. Confused

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:51 pm      Reply with quote
did you email him during office hours?
P Girl
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:14 am      Reply with quote
ace243 wrote:

I finally managed to wade through the info. about those two supplements. I found something on the Thio. one--about making it into a paste. Definitely all very interesting and I'm going to mull it over and decide whether I want to add more supps to my routine. I just can't imagine if anyone were to ask "hey, what'd you do to get rid of your stretchmarks?" and then I'd have to bust out a novel with a powerpoint presentation!

5% products discount

Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
I have had a 1 mm Dr. Roller and decided to order a 1.5 mm to target some indented acne scars. I ordered the 1.5 mm from a guy on ebay, and received it promptly. The thing is, I put it up next to my 1 mm roller, and I cannot tell them apart. The needles on the 1.5 mm don't really look any longer to the naked eye. The product packaging was labeled 1.5 mm, but I'm wondering if it was mislabeled.

Does anybody have both 1 and 1.5 and can tell me if they look obviously different?

Thanks!
Moi
deelighted
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
moi wrote:
Does anybody have both 1 and 1.5 and can tell me if they look obviously different?

I do. I started out with a 1 and then decided to go up to a 1.5, and if I hold them up to look at the edge of the wheel, I can definitely see that the needles on the 1.5 are longer than the ones on the 1.

Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
I got my roller today & just couldn't wait until my Lidocaine arrived! I did my stomach & inner thighs. It was too bad but I know I didn't do as many 'passes' as I should/could have done with some numbing. Definately not as bad as I thought it would be. It's been about 5 hours & I'm still pink. The stretchmarks seem more pronounced then before, I guess because of the swelling? I did take before pictures so hopefully I'll be able to show some progress in a few months!
P Girl
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
Mine seem more obvious, but less deep initially after rolling, but of course this is swelling.

I got my Climax spray, used it last night, and I have to say that ice worked better for me. I was pretty disappointed. Sad

I've decided to experiment with pressure by using intense pressure on one side and only rolling every couple of weeks and on the other side using tolerable w/out numbing pressure but rolling every 3 or so days.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
bciw wrote:
did you email him during office hours?

Does that matter? I assume it's email so he'll receive it. Perhaps I should try again.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:24 pm      Reply with quote
Has everyone read all the articles from the professionals on dermarolling?

There is a lot to be learned about rolling frequency and required topicals. I don't mean to blow my own horn here, but my dermarolling results were nothing short of spectacular... I rolled far less than most people AND used only the recommended topicals. Less really can be more, especially in this case.

Please make sure that you are appropriately educated....rolling too frequently results in ongoing inflammation which ultimately ages your skin even faster. I no longer recommend that anyone roll more frequently than every 2 weeks at the most, and every 4-6 weeks really is a much better choice. Your skin can only remodel so quickly.

CIT/Dermarolling Articles and Presentations
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=29860&highlight=cit

5% products discount

Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
Im on Bethany's side on this! Wink

Hey Bethany, I have done my first roll about 2.5 weeks ago...it went well and I documented it all at the other site, here is the post:

"Hey everyone,

As per the other rolling threads (lamarr, thelegend, munsoned etc)...I would like to just state my experiences with my first roll.

I have three rollers, all from Dr Roller, 0.25mm (for topicals), 0.5mm (scalp), 1.5mm...from Wallgreens, their brand generic diabetic lancets, 30 gauge and what looks like 5mm lancets, 100 pack)

Topicals: Jason's Hyper-C anti-aging serum, 302 C Boost (Vit C serum, lipid based), 302 A Boost (Vit A serum, lipid based)

I have been using these for many weeks already, getting my skin prepped for the rolls...they really even texture, refine pores, and even out pigmentation/tone very well...surprised with the benefits

I do C one day then A the next...either one is only done before bed after rinsing with just water

First I steamed my face with hot boiling water (added a teaspoon of Epsom salt to the water) for 10 minutes, got both sides very well...to clean out pores...Then used Elma (not generic, its 5%), left it on for 45min with plastic wrap over...cleaned off remaining then used alcohol to quickly clean face....first needled some scars on nose, was not able to hit all scar angles, usually only like 3-4 punctures as the needles went it but didnt always make a pop...and then 5-6 of the bigger ones on my cheeks, NEXT rolled with the 1.5mm and some parts which may have not had Elma thoroughly put on hurt quite a bit, like temples and near the crease of the nose

Anyone who rolls with 1.5+mm without Elma, my hats off to you, cause it can hurt! Anyway, I wanted to get my first roll right, did it pretty aggressive had alotta little blood drops all over my face...but didnt get to always do that X with a line through it pattern, most times just an X or just a + pattern over the scarred area...the needling + rolling took about 35 minutes, let the blood sit for 15 then rinsed it off with warm water...dabbed dry and put on Jason's Hyper-C serum\

Today, face slightly red and swollen in the rolled areas...since my skin is of a brown tone, its harder to see the redness, however I HAVE to avoid the sun at least for 4-5 days...well thats it!

Next roll will be in 1 month, again with 1.5mm....then every 6 weeks with 2.0mm

Thanks for reading

PS Have the 660/880nm and yellow LEDs...will be using them 4-5 times a week, started today after taking a shower"

I see you mention caution behind rolling too frequently...do you think that 0.25mm weekly is okay for topicals? I still do get red however and its a bit swollen for like 1 day after the roll...thoughts on that?

Also I am treating some forehead wrinkles with 0.5mm (just testing it, actually bought it for scalp rolling) weekly, do you think that is okay?

Thanks!

PS any thoughts on Green Cream as a vit A cream choice?
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:54 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |