Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
DermaRoller
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
PQ and Moongoddess

Thanks for clarifying and all the information.

It seems there is not a fixed way to roll?

Anyway I dug up my 1.5mm Roller last night and rolled my left boob that sags a little.

I noticed the pain! Ouch!! I looked at the roller accusingly as though to say "YOU YOU ARE A TORTURING DEVICE!!!"

Anyway gritted my teeth, I continued up, down, sideway. I did not draw any blood but my skin started to flush red. After a few rolls in various directions without really counting or watching the clock, I stopped. I had enough!

Now I wait and see what happens. Very Happy I can't imagine rolling so hard as to draw blood though.

Also after I started rolling, I thought to cleanse my skin with alcohol. Smart move, huh? Ouch again!

I guess I won't roll daily. I'll give my skin a break. This is the least pleasant experience to date.
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Bira wrote:
For clarification, is it a total time of 5 minutes for all patterns, i.e. 4 horizontal, 4 vertical, 4 cross rolls right down, left down or 5 minutes horizontal, 5 minutes vertical, etc?

The procedure is: Roll small areas at a time. Roll in a star pattern, horizontal, vertical and oblique. Roll 5 times in each direction.

Keliu, thanks for the specifics. This seems doable. When you roll and for each direction, do you roll in one direction or back and forth repeatedly?
P Girl
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
Ella's Mommy,

I've been rolling, using the Retin-A right after, and then waiting 2-3 days before I use the Retin-A again. So, if your hip is an area you haven't rolled at all and are having none of this irritation in that area, I would follow this 2-3 day Retin-A application pattern. If your hip is an area where you're getting this irritation, I'd let it all heal up before you roll or do anything to it. I think that's what you were asking.

And yes, the irritation/discoloration did go away after awhile. I think I stopped the Retin-A longer than a week actually. Just use your best judgment and let the areas have a break.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:54 pm      Reply with quote
Bira wrote:
PQ and Moongoddess

Thanks for clarifying and all the information.

It seems there is not a fixed way to roll?

Anyway I dug up my 1.5mm Roller last night and rolled my left boob that sags a little.

I noticed the pain! Ouch!! I looked at the roller accusingly as though to say "YOU YOU ARE A TORTURING DEVICE!!!"

Anyway gritted my teeth, I continued up, down, sideway. I did not draw any blood but my skin started to flush red. After a few rolls in various directions without really counting or watching the clock, I stopped. I had enough!

Now I wait and see what happens. Very Happy I can't imagine rolling so hard as to draw blood though.

Also after I started rolling, I thought to cleanse my skin with alcohol. Smart move, huh? Ouch again!

I guess I won't roll daily. I'll give my skin a break. This is the least pleasant experience to date.

The red flush is good, that is what I get. Good news my stretch has left the building - gone - no sign of it SmileSmileSmile

A top tip - I use Nelson's Cooling Arnica Gel - after a rolling - http://www.chemistdirect.co.uk/nelsons-arnica-cooling-gel_1_5303.html

It feels wonderful, takes the sting out of the treatment and I never get any bruise/marks after rollering.

PQ.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:43 am      Reply with quote
InkyProse wrote:
Ella's Mommy wrote:
thats a goood idea Erin, did it clear up completely? and also i must confess, i'm about to shell out a few grand for the saggyness on my belly. I can't take it anymore.it's so depressing. I can't get back to work until i do something about the stretchmarks (which is why i'm rolling) and the loose skin (which is why i'm gonna do thermage).
However after 3 weeks a see a little more change in my stretchmarks...it's just the discoloration thats looking really crazy. so i'm gonna take that week off

EM,

What do you work as? A model?

Inky

yeah,for the past 5 years thats how i paid my bills. now im a waitress in school... kinda sux

5% products discount

Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:51 am      Reply with quote
the brand is quite expensive.
I would want to see a lot more reviews to justify any purchase.
Just wish there are gift sets to buy.
cloudpuff_2007

Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
So I know that the 1.5mm is for pitted skin(according to dr.roller.eu) and the 1.0mm is for cellulite/stretch marks. Have you all had success with decreasing cellulite/streth marks using the 1.5mm instead of the 1.0?
P Girl
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
cloudpuff_2007 wrote:
So I know that the 1.5mm is for pitted skin(according to dr.roller.eu) and the 1.0mm is for cellulite/stretch marks. Have you all had success with decreasing cellulite/streth marks using the 1.5mm instead of the 1.0?

I'm using the 1.5mm for stretchmarks.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
i just started using the 1.5 for stretch marks. i'll post any updates on here

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
sorry.if i could delete the last 2 i would/ the freakin dog was climbing all over the laptop.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
Ella's Mommy wrote:
sorry.if i could delete the last 2 i would/ the freakin dog was climbing all over the laptop.

Laughing

At least he didn't drool on it! Sometimes the duplicates are due to a forum glitch, too.
SansSouci572
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
Greetings! I new here.
I finished reading this entire thread yesterday. Whew~! Took four days!
I noticed at the make me heal site there is a 5% coupon for their rollers which are half the price of the dr.R's. It has been mentioned that DR. R are better, but I would think that site would have nice ones too. They are half the price even without the 5% discount. I noticed the five percent offer in their 4 page long forum about needling.
However...
they look just like the photos of the ones on ebay that are reportedly not as good. So I emailed them to ask, and she said she has not compared their's with Dr. R;s brand- but did say that they used to carry Korean ones that they did not care for (Dr. R;s are Korean she says but their's was not that brand) and these are American ones and are of good quality.
Has anyone tried the ones from makemeheal? I was thinking if no one knew, then maybe I would try a cheaper one for product penetration and Dr. Roller for scars (stretch marks). Because if it really isn't as good, then product penetration would not be quite as experimental as scar removal needles. That's my logic for being cheap. (But if it is the same one as ebay, then nevermind!)
I was also thinking for the upper lip line removal--- of either having a dentist give me a shot (I did that once, it cost $10---got it so I could tat my upper lip)---or use the same shot myself--. Lipdaine? (Spelling?)I have some left over from a diy kit I got for mesotherapy.
Anyway, thought that might be a route instead of emla---though emla would be handy for diy brazilians with an epilator
Laughing
Anyway, thanks, nice to meet everyone etc. etc.!
lagomorph
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
I dermarolled some acne scars last night and noticed today they look worse/larger. Is this normal? Gads I hope I didn't make them worse. Crying or Very sad
SansSouci572
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
SansSouci572 wrote:
Greetings! I new here.

Whoops. I meant, I am new here. Shock
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:37 pm      Reply with quote
I have just bought a tube of EMLA - then used the dermaroller on my arm, this is great no pain and slept through the night without feeling any soreness, the tube cost me £3.00 in a UK chemist.

Great stuff.

PQ.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:19 am      Reply with quote
Lowbrowscientist wrote:
Ella's Mommy wrote:

Laughing

At least he didn't drool on it! Sometimes the duplicates are due to a forum glitch, too.

very true, this damn dog wants sooo much attention

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:20 am      Reply with quote
is ELMA better than the climax spray?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:40 am      Reply with quote
Ella's Mommy wrote:

I couldn't find the climax spray locally, so used google and found EMLA, it is a medically approved local anaesthetic - it takes about 30 minutes to numb the area, you only need a very thin layer of the cream, so my tube which costs me £3.00, should last me a month.

Once on I can't feel a thing, the main stretch mark I have been working on which is 20 years old, has gone, no sign, just smooth skin, I am delighted, it was on my lower inside of my arm. Get those t-shirts out!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:14 am      Reply with quote
Ella's Mommy wrote:

I have something from a tattoo shop that is very similar to the Climax Spray (in fact, it's probably the exact same stuff) and the Emla is MUCH better.

I've been using a thick layer of Emla and leaving it on for an hour, covered with plastic wrap, since that's what was specified in the directions. I may try using less for a shorter period of time, though, since others are having success with it that way.
P Girl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:08 am      Reply with quote
Ella's Mommy,

Just be careful if you're going to go with the EMLA. Remember that most people are rolling their face and you're rolling stretchmarks. When you find out the EMLA cream makes this process so much easier, you may be tempted to roll large areas of your body at one time. There have been several deaths related to using EMLA on large areas for leg waxing procedures.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
P Girl wrote:
When you find out the EMLA cream makes this process so much easier, you may be tempted to roll large areas of your body at one time. There have been several deaths related to using EMLA on large areas for leg waxing procedures.

That is an excellent point - if you're using it on your body, use with caution Neutral
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
i still dont really get it.

do we apply our serum (skinceuticals ferulic or any vit c serum) before we roll? or after? Instructions says apply before and after. But i think before makes more sense since the dermaroller is suppose to "push" these products into the skin
SansSouci572
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
I had not heard about deaths relating to emla use; just people using saran wrap over the other de-sensitizers and it killed them, because they thought since you used the wrap on elma you used it on all of them.

Does it say on the package how much of an area you can do at a time? I was getting the impression people were doing their entire stomach's, legs and so forth at once.
I did wonder about using it for an epilator. I personally don't need it on my legs, my legs don't even hurt using it.
I haven't even purchased any yet, as I have only been applying retin-a for about 3 weeks, have a couple months to go of getting prepped. Where is everyone getting that? I didn't see any at alldaychemist. I did see the retina a and estrogen however, which I had just paid $44 and $59 for from IAS! (Shoot, could have bought a couple dozen instead!)
P Girl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
I can't remember where I read about it.

What I was mentioning to Ella's Mommy does apply to those putting product on entire stomachs and whatnot because she is rolling her body for stretchmarks. Regardless, without a medical degree I don't think it's a smart idea to be using this kind of anesthetic in large quantities. I've discussed this procedure with my mother who is a physician and talked to her about Climax spray and the first thing she told me was that I needed to be VERY careful about the amount of any anesthetizing product I apply.

I'm not sure if you were asking where everyone's getting EMLA? I don't think ADC carries it. They have a lidocaine "ointment" and the Climax spray. I don't use EMLA.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
Yes P Girl, I was asking where people got the emla cream---though I see now its hard to see what I was asking, sorry!
I would like to see how much they think is a safe level. Could be as small as a 4" square, or could be an entire area...
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:04 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |