Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

DermaRoller
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Loosey
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
Do you reckon I could pre-treat with Vit C before I pre-treat with Retin-A? Because I can't get a hold of Retin-A atm, but I really want to start pre-treating .. so.. or will it be useless only using Vit C?
neondaze
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
I've just ordered a 1.5m Dr Roller, and then hope to do a second one in 8-12 weeks.
I was wondering how much 'down time' to set aside. I know Bethany took at least 5 days to look normal again (possibly because she did intense ones), and was wondering if this is the norm for others.
Thanks heaps
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:39 am      Reply with quote
This is a very long thread!
Can anyone tell me the principle behind not using anti-inflammatory products with Dermarolling? What products are you using?

The Leaf&Rusher site recommends their glycolic acid products to be used with their dermaroller. Do you agree?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
This is a very long thread!
Can anyone tell me the principle behind not using anti-inflammatory products with Dermarolling? What products are you using?

The Leaf&Rusher site recommends their glycolic acid products to be used with their dermaroller. Do you agree?

The principal behind not using anti-inflammatory products is because the Dermaroller causes inflammation which then in turn triggers the wound healing cascade which helps build new collagen.

The Leaf & Rusher roller uses very tiny needles and therefore doesn't penetrate the skin deeply - therefore their glycolic acid products would be fine. Be careful though if you are using longer needles. The recommended topicals for Dermarolling are Vitamins A, C and E and any other antioxidant to nourish the skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:24 pm      Reply with quote
Okay Guys Very Happy I've been reading this thread for awhile and am up to page 50 and read the last 10 pages. I bought a 1.5 Dr. Roller and did my first roll today. WOW, does that hurt! There is no way I could have done it without numbing cream. Kudos to those of you who have. I cleaned it before & after with Polident and rubbing alcohol. Really enjoying reading this thread!

Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:00 am      Reply with quote
hello everyone!

Im new here and I just got my dermaroller that I just ordered, its 1.5mm and I'm gonna use it maybe later. I am not afraid to use it even it would hurts coz I am just too desperate for my horrible depressed acne scars.

I must say that I have an INFERIORITY COMPLEX coz my scars. I have it for over 14yrs. But I still not used to love with it. I feel so sorry for myself coz I can see men around that they more have nice skin compare to mine.

I have taken a picture of my face a couple of mins ago before I roll my face in order for me to see if theres an improvement. Hope it would coz Im just desperate, I really am!!! I would try to post my before rolling picture and 2 months after rolling picture. Hope there would be good changes...

Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
hello agaiN!

i just rolled my face today and its mt 1st time to use dermaROLLEr..

I was using the 1.5mm for my depressed acne scar.

1st, i applied numb cream all over my face for 30mins. afterwards, wiped my face with facial tissue and rinse it with distilled water to remove the numb cream.

2nd, I applied Retynil Palmitate Serum and then a Collagen and Elastin Cream.

3rd, I Rolled my face using my 1.5mm dermaroller. After rolling it all over my face, my face was so red like a sunburnt. BUT there was no blood at all. I rolled it with average pressure though.

4th, after rolling, I washed my face with very cold water with ice.

5th, I put firming face mas that has the mixture of pearl essence, vitaMIN C and coenzyme Q10. after putting the facemask for 15mins. I applied Vitamin c serum

THATS IT...

But guys, please get back to me coz I was wondering coz there was no blood when i rolled my face with average pressure. My face just turned to red. When I applied the Vitamin C Serum after rolling it, there was no any tingling sensation. After 20 mins, my skin has become less red and agter 35 mins, my skin looks like i was just using blush on.... There was no stinging effect... PLEASE HELP me know on whats going on to my face, if its normal or wat.. coz when I read most of the posts here, they sais it takes for them 24 hrs to 3 days and some even took beyong 3 days to get back their skin into normal.... PLS help me whats going on to my face...

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:22 am      Reply with quote
not everyone gets blood, i use to not get it, until i started rolling like mad, with more pressure, then there were spots of blood. but even when i use the 0,25mm dernaroller i get the tingling sensation when i apply my vit c.
CaZZy

Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:44 am      Reply with quote
Colorblind,

I didnt feel any tingling sensation at all when I applied Vitamin C serum after I rolled my face. My face now is no longer red. It comes back to original skin tone. I feel no pain or anything. I researched from the internet about the Skin anatomy. Our epidermis contains no bloodvessels, so when its puncture - there would be no blood at all. BUT our dermis has lots of bloodvessels, so obviously when its punctured - there would be blood.. Thats why Im really wondering. I was using 1.5mm and maybe that needles size wasnt long enough to reach the dermis?

Has anyone here has been using the 1.5mm dermaroller? were your face bled? or not at all....

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:03 am      Reply with quote
i used the 1,5mm dermaroller Smile first time, it didnt bleed (used numbing creeam), so figured i wont use the numbing cream and put more pressure, and it finally did bleed..
CaZZy

Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:22 am      Reply with quote
calorblind,

Thnx for telling me that. Its such a relief. I have another question, how many times do u use your 1.5mm? weekly? whats the interval?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
5-6 weeks interval !! again, which vit C serum did u use?
marzipan

Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Ladies!! To all you seasoned dermarollers ..I have a special request..HELP!!
Shock I started using the dermaroller about 2 months ago and I did not research on how to use it..I know..pretty dumb! I bought the 1.5mm and was using it everyday Embarassed I used it lightly for about 8 minutes everyday and never pierced the skin but experienced very slight pinkness in my skin and also plumping of my face..which was great. My problem is I started experiencing alot of hyperpigmentation from my cheeks down to my jawline Crying or Very sad My face looks dirty without makeup. I did stop using it. I have been using retin about 7 months ago and also during the rolling time as well. I always wear sunblock and a hat! Any suggestions or advice would be so appreciated Very Happy ..
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
Would really love any feedback here - please let me know if you see anything problematic with my protocol or anything that could be tweaked.

Issues:

Late 40s, Fitzpatrick Type II, some fine wrinkles and sagging....

Protocol:

Frequency: Every 4 - 6 weeks

Dermaroller: Dr. Roller 1.0 and 1.5mm

Pre-treatment - retinoids, C-serum (use on a frequent basis)

Procedure:
Wash face with tea tree oil based cleanser, pat dry.
Apply Emla to section of face (divided into thirds)cover with cling wrap, wait approx. 40 min. Wipe off
Roll in star pattern (sometimes I "push", sometimes I do not?)
When full face is done, wash in tepid water
pat dry
Apply a mix of oil based Vitamin A and Vitamin C serums
Go to sleep
Next AM: wash face, apply oil based C Serum, sunscreen
Repeat mix of A&C during the night for the next 3 nights - no other topicals or devices etc.
After Day 5 - resume normal skin routine
Repeat Cycle
tessera
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:34 pm      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
Would really love any feedback here - please let me know if you see anything problematic with my protocol or anything that could be tweaked.

I'm no expert, but I've done a lot (a lot) of reading, and your protocol looks good to me. Just a question about the tea tree oil - can that be irritating right after rolling? Or maybe you only use it before. I haven't researched it. I've been using DHC oil or Cetaphil to wash...

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:06 am      Reply with quote
Hi Tessera,

Thanks for your comments. I read about using a tea tree oil cleanser before rolling in one of the Fernandes articles. I assume because it is an antibacterial cleanser and we are trying to avoid infection as much as possible - so I start rolling with a disinfected roller and disinfected skin (theoretically, at least).

I only use this beforehand. The rest of the time I use oil based cleansers.

Do you "push" the roller into your skin?

Thanks, BF
Josee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:10 am      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:

I think your protocol sounds great Smile

Nice and simple, non-irritating, which I think it's the way to go!

37, light brown hair, green eyes, very fair skin. Oily T zone, broken capillaries... Current regime: Tretinoin 0.05% every night, hydroquinone 4% twice per day, lachydran every other day, random moisturizers and sunscreen
Josee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:14 am      Reply with quote
marzipan wrote:
Hi Ladies!! To all you seasoned dermarollers ..I have a special request..HELP!!
Shock I started using the dermaroller about 2 months ago and I did not research on how to use it..I know..pretty dumb! I bought the 1.5mm and was using it everyday Embarassed I used it lightly for about 8 minutes everyday and never pierced the skin but experienced very slight pinkness in my skin and also plumping of my face..which was great. My problem is I started experiencing alot of hyperpigmentation from my cheeks down to my jawline Crying or Very sad My face looks dirty without makeup. I did stop using it. I have been using retin about 7 months ago and also during the rolling time as well. I always wear sunblock and a hat! Any suggestions or advice would be so appreciated Very Happy ..

If you have postinflammatory hyperpigmentation, it should go away eventually..in 6 months to a year.

It'd be great if you could see a dermatologist but in the meantime:

a. Leave your skin alone. Do not do ANYTHING that can cause more inflammation. No exfoliating, no retin-A, no nothing for now. Try to find a very gentle cleansing cream and a very gentle moisturizer. In fact, if I were you I would either put jojoba oil as moisturizer or get NOTCH's "living lotion" cream.

b. After 4 weeks of being extra gentle with the skin I would discuss with my dermatologist the possibbility of usind hydroquinone + some kind of steroid to reduce the inflammation that hydroquinon will cause.

Then... just wait patiently. Trying to accelerate the process by using harsh creams, exfoliating agents, et .cand do more harm than good.

HTH!

37, light brown hair, green eyes, very fair skin. Oily T zone, broken capillaries... Current regime: Tretinoin 0.05% every night, hydroquinone 4% twice per day, lachydran every other day, random moisturizers and sunscreen
Josee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:16 am      Reply with quote
calorblind wrote:
its not recommended to put vit c after rolling?

It depends on which type of Vitamin C. The oil soluble = no problem.

But with Ascorbic acid... it's too irritating and there have been some cases of skin necrosis after rolling and putting Ascorbic acid.

Personally, the last thing I need is to end up with a hole on my face due to necrosis, so I would not take the risk.

Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:47 am      Reply with quote
Hi, Guys, I've rolled with my 1.5 roller several times for at six months or so. I was really hoping to see some improvement on my chin and crowsfeet, but I haven't. I have NOT overdone it. I had no blood the first few times. However, the last couple of times I did on my chin. Good! I just don't understand why the scars on my chin have improved. Confused

Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
Josee..I cant thank you enough for the advice on my overdoing it! I will stop using it for awhile. A few days ago I talked with Jennifer about the 302 skincare and will be starting on those serums..I will stop using retin A also. I so appreciate it and will also look for the products you mentioned. Thanks again..I really appreciate! Very Happy
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:47 am      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:

Issues:

Late 40s, Fitzpatrick Type II, some fine wrinkles and sagging....

Protocol:

Frequency: Every 4 - 6 weeks

Dermaroller: Dr. Roller 1.0 and 1.5mm

Pre-treatment - retinoids, C-serum (use on a frequent basis)

Procedure:
Wash face with tea tree oil based cleanser, pat dry.
Apply Emla to section of face (divided into thirds)cover with cling wrap, wait approx. 40 min. Wipe off
Roll in star pattern (sometimes I "push", sometimes I do not?)
When full face is done, wash in tepid water
pat dry
Apply a mix of oil based Vitamin A and Vitamin C serums
Go to sleep
Next AM: wash face, apply oil based C Serum, sunscreen
Repeat mix of A&C during the night for the next 3 nights - no other topicals or devices etc.
After Day 5 - resume normal skin routine
Repeat Cycle

I haven't been on this thread for a while, but I thought that Vit C should not be applied immediately after a roll, rather only a Vit A or retin A type product is advisable. I also would not use any products for 24 - 48 hours after the roll. Not moisturizer, not sunscreen , not anything! Just let the natural process begin, without introducing any chemicals.

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
hardehe1

Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:27 am      Reply with quote
Hello, I'm not sure how to post on here. So I just clicked on something and it brought me here. If I am doing this wrong, maybe someone can lead me in the right direction. But I have a few questions. I just started with my derma roller for stretch marks. I am using a 1.5. I have old stretch marks on my breasts from back from puberty and some may be from pregnancy. I bought the derma roller for a few stretch marks that I got on my hips from pregnancy but have been using it on my breasts as well. Surprisingly I have already seen some of my very old silver stretch marks go away that were on my breasts. Is this normal? I haven't seen much change in my new stretch marks on my hips. They are a little thicker. I thought the newer stretch marks would be easier to treat. I am not applying anything to the area before or after. Can someone reccomend something to me? and please let me know where I can get it from? I would really appreciate it.
psanyer

Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:37 am      Reply with quote
Hello everyone, I have been reading through this thread for about a week now. I just want to talk about my recent experience with the dermaroller. I ordered a 2.0 and a 1.0 off of ebay for $50 after shipping. They are both CIS Mesorollers with 8 rows of needles at .25 mm in width. I used the 2.0 on my belly for some stretch marks I have from my pregnancies, totally painless, but very red and irritated immediately after. I did use retin-a with this roll. On my face, I used the 1.0 with retin-a, OOUUCCCHHHH! I teared up, could hardly take it! Especially around my nose and in the temple area. I have no numbing cream because I am heavily tattooed and figured I could take it, I would compare the 1.0 on the face to getting a tattoo in a sensitive area like when I had one done over my hip (another attempt to disguise stretch marks which also works well!). I will update you on results, but just wanted to tell you how much it hurt. I even forgot I was using the 1.0 and not the 2.0, when I went to clean and put away I was surprised to see I had used the 1.0, I can't imagine how the 2.0 is going to feel!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:31 am      Reply with quote
hardehe1 wrote:
Hello, I'm not sure how to post on here. So I just clicked on something and it brought me here. If I am doing this wrong, maybe someone can lead me in the right direction. But I have a few questions. I just started with my derma roller for stretch marks. I am using a 1.5. I have old stretch marks on my breasts from back from puberty and some may be from pregnancy. I bought the derma roller for a few stretch marks that I got on my hips from pregnancy but have been using it on my breasts as well. Surprisingly I have already seen some of my very old silver stretch marks go away that were on my breasts. Is this normal? I haven't seen much change in my new stretch marks on my hips. They are a little thicker. I thought the newer stretch marks would be easier to treat. I am not applying anything to the area before or after. Can someone reccomend something to me? and please let me know where I can get it from? I would really appreciate it.

Just thought you'd find more info on this thread which is dedicated to rolling stretchmarks.
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=33739

HTH
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:13 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |