Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

DermaRoller
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:30 am      Reply with quote
snowqueen67 wrote:
Scotslass...I would really like to know what you've got in mind for treating your body areas..I've been rolling my chest, arm (yes only one) and hands nightly with the 1mm, for 4 weeks. On my arm that is badly sundamaged, i am applying a HQ product, to see if it will improve my pigmentation. On my chest I am not using much at all, just rolling, but I may start some Vit C.

Interested in what you are going to try?????

cheers

rebecca

Hi there - I intend to roll my thighs and stomach and backside ( Embarassed ), and then use different topicals and wraps to advance the penetration and treatment further. I've devised a few preliminary protocols to get me started, but until I test them out, I won't know for certain was is most effective. Once I do, I will report back. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
ScotsLass wrote:

Hi Cadia wave - Oh yes, the customer service at Nova has been very good so far. They've kindly answered a variety of questions regarding the rollers and really eliminated any concerns I had about the pain involved. A good numbing cream and the use of saran wrap on top to lock the cream in before you roll, really seems to be the key to reducing the pain. This is what I intend to do to make each encounter with the roller as pain-free as possible. Have you tried a numbing cream yet, or are you continuing to bravely roll without any analgesic? You're so fearless of the pain that I'm going to start calling you, *Ramba Rollergirl* pretty soon! Wink

I'm so glad they were good to you! Very Happy

Rolling without numbing cream isn't so bad Cool The old viking blood and a little mead make all the difference... Razz
No, really. The forehead and cheeks are good without anything. The eyes are surprisingly ok, as is the nose, but the mouth and chin Mad are horrible Crying or Very sad Not to mention the neck Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad (Come to think about it, I'm really envious at your numbing cream...)

I'd love to be Ramba RG, but as it's just because my numbing cream hasn't arrived yet, I really don't deserve that Laughing (It might never come either if the customs service get the idea of what's inside the package, but I keep my fingers crossed...) Rebecca, on the other hand, is a far more qualified RRG I think Smile (pretending to be a modest viking.... a true self-contradiction Wink)

ScotsLass wrote:

My plan is to use my new roller on my face, neck, chest, as well as other areas of my body. I've already created a draft protocol for one area of my body that I want to roll, but won't know for sure how well it will work until I test it out a few times. Boy, I can't wait to roll, roll, roll!!! Smile

I'm impressed!! You're so well-prepared I hope you don't have to wait long now!

I broke my weekly engagement to Dr.R. because I had a haircut today and didn't want to come with my usual Monday lizard skin, but I kind of missed it. (The rolling, not the lizard skin! Laughing ) The thing is that now that the peeling has stopped, the skin already looks improved Surprised and I'm eager to see how it will look in a month or two. (Mine always looks awful the days after rolling, dry, dark and coarser than usual, but I hoped it was something nice hiding beneath and it might just be Very Happy )

It's going to be really exciting to hear about your first session. This is really motivating!
Cadia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
anomaly wrote:
I just ordered a 1mm roller! I'm a rollergirl now!!! Can't wait to get it! Very Happy

You are a first class RollerGirl!! Very Happy So glad you joined us, anomaly! Very Happy
Cadia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Received my new Dr. Roller today. Because I live in Australia, usually, when I order stuff on the web it takes a good week or two to arrive so I was surprised to receive it so quickly. But then I noticed the return address - about 2km down the road from me in Queensland, at somewhere called the Nova Skin Clinic! They must be the Australian distributor - I will go and check them out.

Haven't used the roller yet - I'm due to roll again on Wednesday. But the roller looks very impressive, nice and sturdy with very sharp needles. Comes in a plastic tube and has instructions.

rofl You're neighbors! Fantastic! Laughing

Glad you liked the look of the 'doctor' and I hope to hear more after your Wednesday rolling Smile
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
Wanted to add a tip for those starting out with rolling. As Cadia suggested, some areas are less "ouchy" than others. For eg. the cheeks in general, forehead, even under the eyes are good. I do these first. Then the more sensitive parts, mainly around the mouth, I do next, I ice, then just run over the area lightly, quite a few times, this seems to desensitise, then you can gradually push harder.

Doing my chest, I find quite ouchy at first, but I can't be bothered icing, coz its such a big area. So I roll it all over gently till it desenitises, then go for it.

HTH someone!!

rebecca

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
snowqueen67 wrote:
Unfortunately, my hubby is so used to my freakish pastimes (natural breast enhancement last year Embarassed , then burning my face off with TCA, now dermarolling) that he barely bats an eyelid. He probably mumbled "that's nice honey....now how 'bout it".......... Laughing

Sharky, I have worked up to REALLY pushing it in...and I have noticed that I am getting more blood dots than before. Gee I really must be a sicko!!!

I'm going to measure my needles as well......

rebecca

Sounds like a good husband Smile

Nothing here sounds freakish to me Laughing Hey, I can even watch the demo without a hint of nausea now! Still I think you're highly qualified for the prestigious RRG title Smile

I see lots of blood dots too, but they stop bleeding very fast now. With the other roller I actually got a few tiny wounds Embarassed

Did you check the needles? I wouldn't be surprised if you are using 1.5mm already.

About the peeling - I peel too and I assumed it was just because of the roller, but I also do apply (or rather soak my face in) Vit. C immediately after finishing each area, and that might have something to do with it.

Also, great tip about the 'ouch' areas and how to keep the number of crying breaks to a minimum! You're a tough roller! Smile
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
Cadia, I just measured and they definitely are more than 1mm!!!! I'm kind of delighted Very Happy

On a more disapointing note...I noticed while measuring, that I have a least one bent needle. Sad I can't really afford another one yet. I thought it would last better than 3 weeks. I might email the seller. I have treated it really well and kept it in its cylinder.

cheers

rebecca

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
Righto! You girls have given me the kick on need to start rollering again Bad Grin
I have the L &R one and I am going to start using this one daily then maybe build up to twice daily. has anyone peeled with this?
I also have the megadeath 1.5 roller but have never used it anywhere near my face. I did my neck and chest a few times but it came up too red but I am going to used the ice trick.
I did my hands and forearms for about 4 weeks and they sort of looked better.
So now i am going to start again.
Laziness prevents me from going back over the thread but do you rinse the roller in very hot water and the once a week soak it in the alcohol?

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Unfortunately, my hubby is so used to my freakish pastimes (natural breast enhancement last year

ok i know this is soo OT but enquiries minds want to know....rebecca, how did you do on the breast enhancement quest? Smile
cahoot
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
sorry i meant to say enquiring minds...as you can see when you put the words 'breast' and 'enhancement' together i get all excited!! Laughing
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
snowqueen67 wrote:
On a more disapointing note...I noticed while measuring, that I have a least one bent needle. Sad I can't really afford another one yet. I thought it would last better than 3 weeks. I might email the seller. I have treated it really well and kept it in its cylinder.

cheers

rebecca

Hello rebecca - I've heard of this happening to others. Unfortunately, it's unlikely that the seller will do anything about it. Crying or Very sad The good news is you can remedy the bent needle on your own with little effort. Smile Just take a pair of pliers and carefully bend the needle back into position, or use the pliers to pull it out entirely. The LAST thing you want to do is accidentally roll your face with needles that are not 100% straight ( ). Next, go through your roller row by row and carefully check the straightness of all the other needles. Then continue to do this on a weekly basis just as a precaution. It's possible that the needle in question was already a little *off* when you received your roller, and that you didn't notice it at the time.

Fingers are crossed that this was an isolated incident, too! Smile

HTH's...

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
katebargold wrote:
Righto! You girls have given me the kick on need to start rollering again Bad Grin
I have the L &R one and I am going to start using this one daily then maybe build up to twice daily. has anyone peeled with this?
I also have the megadeath 1.5 roller but have never used it anywhere near my face. I did my neck and chest a few times but it came up too red but I am going to used the ice trick.
I did my hands and forearms for about 4 weeks and they sort of looked better.
So now i am going to start again.
Laziness prevents me from going back over the thread but do you rinse the roller in very hot water and the once a week soak it in the alcohol?

Hi katebargold - Glad to hear you're back on track with your roller! I'm just a RollerGirl-in-Training at the moment, but I hang-out with some die-hard rollers and the topic of sterilization has been raised on various occasions. Rinsing the roller in hot water after you roll is Step #1. This is then followed by Step #2 which is to swish the roller in some Hydrogen Peroxide, then let it air dry, then return it back to it's container. Oh, and do this every time after you roll as you don't want ANY bacteria to live or populate on your roller ( Shame on you ).

HTH's a bit. wave

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
cahoot wrote:
sorry i meant to say enquiring minds...as you can see when you put the words 'breast' and 'enhancement' together i get all excited!! Laughing

Too funny, cahoot! Laughing I agree that this is a bit OT, however, I, too, would like to know what rebecca is referring to when she mentioned, 'natural breast enhancements'. Please, do tell! Cool

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:51 pm      Reply with quote
ScotsLass wrote:
snowqueen67 wrote:

cheers

rebecca

Hello rebecca - I've heard of this happening to others. Unfortunately, it's unlikely that the seller will do anything about it. Crying or Very sad The good news is you can remedy the bent needle on your own with little effort. Smile Just take a pair of pliers and carefully bend the needle back into position, or use the pliers to pull it out entirely. The LAST thing you want to do is accidentally roll your face with needles that are not 100% straight ( ). Next, go through your roller row by row and carefully check the straightness of all the other needles. Then continue to do this on a weekly basis just as a precaution. It's possible that the needle in question was already a little *off* when you received your roller, and that you didn't notice it at the time.

HTH's...

Scotslass ...they are going to replace it!!!!

I did mention that I am on an internet forum that discusses this topic, so maybe that made the difference!!

rebecca

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:56 pm      Reply with quote
cahoot wrote:
Quote:
Unfortunately, my hubby is so used to my freakish pastimes (natural breast enhancement last year

ok i know this is soo OT but enquiries minds want to know....rebecca, how did you do on the breast enhancement quest? Smile

Ahhhhhhhhh...the boobs....well yes it did work...a little. Would I do it again. No way.

Its quite a long saga. I took many different combinations of herbs, and did massage using homemade and manufactured creams. I do beleive that the creams, esp one called "Mirifem" are good, and certainly perk up and fill up your breasts (a little). I probably gained half a size. But I did lose all sagging from my preganancies.

Its a bit of a pychological game though, and really does your head in.

To cut a long story short, I will be getting small implants this year. I've decided that I've wanted boobs all my life and now is the time.

HTH

rebecca

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:29 pm      Reply with quote
snowqueen67 wrote:
ScotsLass wrote:
snowqueen67 wrote:

cheers

rebecca

HTH's...

Scotslass ...they are going to replace it!!!!

I did mention that I am on an internet forum that discusses this topic, so maybe that made the difference!!

rebecca

Excellent news (and strategy Wink ), rebecca! I hope your replacement is perfect and lasts a long, long time! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:47 am      Reply with quote
Great news about the replacement, Rebecca! Very Happy
Cadia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:57 am      Reply with quote
ScotsLass wrote:
Excellent news (and strategy Wink ), rebecca! I hope your replacement is perfect and lasts a long, long time! Smile

I don't know how, but I read this as a lustily post about the implants... Embarassed

Note to self: Stay away from the keyboard when not awake! Laughing
Lore

Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:59 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I'm new to this board but am quite interested in this dermaroller. However, I live in Hong Kong and can't find any here. Does anyone know of a good company that ships to Hong Kong at a reasonable price?

Thanks in advance.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:34 am      Reply with quote
snowqueen67 wrote:
do beleive that the creams, esp one called "Mirifem" are good, and certainly perk up and fill up your breasts (a little). I probably gained half a size. But I did lose all sagging from my preganancies.

HTH

rebecca

I'd love to know more about which part of your process was most effective against sagginess, rebecca! I dont need extra size, but I could do with a bit of a lift! Can you say a bit more about how 'mirifem' was for you?
Or maybe that should be in a different thread, but girls need to know these things! Cool

Anyway, back to rolling.
mine is the 1.5.. and I used it for the first time, and DIDNT use the numbing cream. I thought I'd try it and see. It was ok, you can think your way through the pain.. Exclamation
Although I didnt do it on my face. ( I will do, though!)
I did it on stretchmarks on abdomen, then applied supercop2 and emu oil. itch itch itch, burn burn burn! The whole area looks raspberry red right now, and is a bit tender. I'm not worried about that, I've abraded it there worse than this before, mostly by accident.. Wink

I also did my thighs. I obviously went a bit bonkers on my right thigh, as it has raised red lines on it, even today, 24 hours later.. I guess I got over enthusiastic.

Bizarrely, I can see how this is quite addictive!

I'm going to start doing my hands, definitely, as they have very suddenly aged very recently.
Cadia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:42 am      Reply with quote
Lore wrote:
Hi, I'm new to this board but am quite interested in this dermaroller. However, I live in Hong Kong and can't find any here. Does anyone know of a good company that ships to Hong Kong at a reasonable price?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Lore and welcome to the board! Smile
www.dermarollers.com ships a good quality roller worldwide and the price is not half bad.

Cadia
Lore

Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:49 am      Reply with quote
Hi, Cadia, thanks a lot for your quick response. I will contact them to see how much it will cost to have it shipped over here.

Thanks again!
Cadia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:54 am      Reply with quote
Lore wrote:
Hi, Cadia, thanks a lot for your quick response. I will contact them to see how much it will cost to have it shipped over here.

Thanks again!

You're welcome! Hope to hear about your rolling soon Very Happy
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
For those of you who are considering rolling larger body parts, has anybody located a wider roller?

I did roll my arms last night but it takes a long time with my roller.
Cadia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
sharky wrote:
For those of you who are considering rolling larger body parts, has anybody located a wider roller?

I did roll my arms last night but it takes a long time with my roller.

I would also love a wider one for the body, but I've not found any with long enough needles Sad

The only big one I've seen is Beauty Mouse, but it has very short needles (.15mm) and is expensive. It consists of 3 dermarollers and is 5cm wide.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:11 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |