Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

DermaRoller
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Coconut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
FYI,
I purchased some lidocaine from all day chemist and it did absolutely nothing for numbing... nada, zilch, zip, nothing!
Tonia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
Link #1 is my personal favorite. That is Jack at One-Stop. The 1mm, when I bought it, several months ago was $54.95. I will buy all of my future rollers from him. Link #2 is advanced cosmetology on ebay. The one I bought from there was so dull, it wouldn't penetrate my skin. Everyone else has been happy with their purchases from this source, so I must be an isolated case. This one is $16.36 and when I complained, they replaced mine immediately with no questions asked. The replacement works, but doesn't hold a candle to the one I purchased from Jack. Link #3 is owndoc. Their rollers are $37 and come with ointment, vitamin c crystals, and a single needle. I have only heard good things about this one. I have not purchased a dermaroller from that site but have purchased EMLA cream and the infadolan ointment to apply after rolling. I love both products and will purchase from them again. That dermaroller is the same type of roller that I purchased from advanced cosmetology, so I'll stick with Jack for future purchases. Others have purchased from other sites and had great success. These are just the three I have used. HTH. Best of luck.

Link #1
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=29392&highlight=jack
Link #2
http://stores.ebay.com/Beauty-Health-Equipment-Outlet__W0QQ_fsubZ684549015QQ_scZ1QQ_sopZ10
Link #3
http://dermaroller.owndoc.com/

Don't forget to post those pics!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
coconut - I tried the lidocane too and found the Elma cream to work much better

Elma works best when left on long (45 mins min) and occluded with a plastic wrap of some sort

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
tonia - we were posting at the same time and I was going to also give those links - good job!

I can add that owndoc has replacement times listed somewhere on their site. you might have to dig for it (under the 'instructions' booklet perhaps?)

I know they said that for the average use you might need to replace the roller twice/year - but that will depend on usage and location used. A .2 used every other day might need to get replace more than the .5 which is to be used just once/week or the 1.5 which is used every 6-8 wks. And if it is used on scar tissue or thicker areas, it might dull faster as well.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
LaraJ,

I ordered my dr. roller from http://www.dr-roller.eu/

I am in the US, but I got it from their site in Europe. I think it is an excellent quality roller. I ordered the Lidocaine as well, and I found that it did not numb the pain at all. I would suggest emla if you need to numb, and owndoc sells that as well for a reasonable price.

I also have the one from owndoc, which isn't quite as good, but it's very nice still. I love the package she puts together, because it has everything you need to get started. Both companies have great customer service.

Good luck:)
This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:19 am      Reply with quote
LaraJ wrote:

(Thanks, Miranda - btw did you get yours from owndoc??)

I bought one from Owndoc.com (I actually wanted the needles which I couldn't find anywhere else so bought the package with a 0.5mm roller). The other two I bought from Jaysun trading and Starbug2006, both ebay companies.
All three rollers do the job but I would say the package and service from Owndoc was the best (although Jaysun the cheapest).
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:51 am      Reply with quote
This is Miranda wrote:
(I actually wanted the needles which I couldn't find anywhere else so bought the package with a 0.5mm roller)

Miranda, have you had any results using the single needle? Sorry in advance if you have posted this info somewhere already.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:20 am      Reply with quote
Laraj wrote:
4. Cleaning is explained in our instructions. I wouldn't recommend boiling, but our manufacturer claims they can be cleaned in a dishwasher.

I remember something posted a while ago (from Liebel perhaps?) that rollers should NOT be cleaned in dishwashers. The heat from the dishwasher could damage the needles and glue on the roller.

Sorry I can't be of more help, as I stayed away from this thread all last year (no rolling in '09 for me as I was having breakouts from 302 skincare products)

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:29 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:

Miranda, have you had any results using the single needle? Sorry in advance if you have posted this info somewhere already.

riley - I actually had results w/ a single needle used on a couple of upper lip lines back in '08. I used a very thin sewing needle at the time and only got results on one of the 2 lines. I remember I needled the heck out of that one, but not the other. I also applied CPs on them. I didn't do other lines since it hurt too much. That's when I bought some numbing creams.

The one line actually did fill in. It could use some more treatments - not done yet. But it did improve a lot with that one needling. ( I did another job on them 2 days ago - so we'll see in a month or so how they look!).

The single needles from owndoc are a lot better than that sewing needle. I'm very impressed with them. They are long handled, 5 come in a package, they can be reused, and they are very, very thin at the end. The thinner the better, I guess. Too thick and it causes scar tissue to develop instead.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:37 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

I have seen the single needles on owndoc but wasn't sure how they were supposed to be used. Could these be used on stubborn eye wrinkles ?

many thanks

Jackie xx
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:55 am      Reply with quote
Jackie284 wrote:
Hi everyone,

I have seen the single needles on owndoc but wasn't sure how they were supposed to be used. Could these be used on stubborn eye wrinkles ?

many thanks

Jackie xx

If you're talking about the crow's feat, probably yes. I wouldn't use them just under the eye, though.

They're also good to use on single scars like a surgical scar or acne scars as well as stretch marks. You can go deeper with these and target just the scar tissue so the surrounding 'good' skin is not hit.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:05 am      Reply with quote
Thank you, Foxe. (I have had 2 people tell me now to use a single needle on these lines!)
margarett
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:45 am      Reply with quote
Hello, I have had this dermaroller that I bought
some time ago and I have kept it without using it. After reading so many good things I am going to try it, my main concerns are my on going battle with melasma and dark circles, probably some nasolabial lines.
My question is if its absolutely necessary to have been on Retin-A prior to the treatment?
I don't believe in it myself, since I've tried
Retin-a in the past and has done nothing to my skin and I've been the most 6 mmonths. Also, I never saw any redness or peeling and used all the three formulations.
Thank you
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:17 am      Reply with quote
margarett wrote:
some time ago and I have kept it without using it. After reading so many good things I am going to try it, my main concerns are my on going battle with melasma and dark circles, probably some nasolabial lines.
My question is if its absolutely necessary to have been on Retin-A prior to the treatment?
Retin-a in the past and has done nothing to my skin and I've been the most 6 mmonths. Also, I never saw any redness or peeling and used all the three formulations.
Thank you

From what I have learned talking with Dr. Fernandes the best results are realized if one has been on A and C for at least 6 months prior to rolling (deep rolls). He uses a different form of A in his formulas, so I am assuming that you don't necessarily have to use the Retin A but you should use some form of A (and C) before and after for best results.
Jackie284
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:41 am      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
Jackie284 wrote:
Hi everyone,

many thanks

Jackie xx

If you're talking about the crow's feat, probably yes. I wouldn't use them just under the eye, though.

They're also good to use on single scars like a surgical scar or acne scars as well as stretch marks. You can go deeper with these and target just the scar tissue so the surrounding 'good' skin is not hit.

thanks foxe,

how exactly are they used ? I use dermarollers, but I'm not quite sure how these would be used,

Jackie xx
Danyel02

Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
Hey guys I did my first roll on last Friday night. I did it without EMLA or anything and it wasn't too bad. The area is healing nicely but some of the skin looks a little loose is this normal? I roll using Vit A and CP!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:

Hi Rileygirl, I've been using the single needle since Dec so only used 3 times BUT yes I have seen a difference. I've used it on the deepest of my SM's and whilst looking at my stomach the other night I thought why haven't I needled the worst ones lower then realised the higher ones have actually improved to the point where they're no longer the deepest! My 33 yr old facial chicken pox scar is a different matter, sometimes I think it looks improved other times I can't tell if there's a difference. But then I'm giving it a year before I can say whether it's worked or not. But for me the two best things about needles are they hurt less and are more precise.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
Danyel02 wrote:
Hey guys I did my first roll on last Friday night. I did it without EMLA or anything and it wasn't too bad. The area is healing nicely but some of the skin looks a little loose is this normal? I roll using Vit A and CP!

I think loose can be a normal (somewhat) reaction. Moisturize the heck outta it - the A & D ointment that owndoc gives with a purchase is perfect for dehydration after a roll. It occludes it enuf and smothers it with the vitamins A & D so it helps it recover from the shock of a roll. Another moisturizer like emu oil is good too.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
Jackie284 wrote:
foxe wrote:
Jackie284 wrote:
Hi everyone,

many thanks

Jackie xx

thanks foxe,

how exactly are they used ? I use dermarollers, but I'm not quite sure how these would be used,

Jackie xx

I just held mine straight (perpendicular to the skin) and poked. Also - pull your skin taut so it's tight and the needle will go in easier. Simple enuf. It's easier than the roller. Be brave and be a 'poker'. LOL The needles are about 4" long so they're easy to hold. They are extra thick on the handle area.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for the update, Miranda. I am very surprised to hear that the single needles hurt less than the roller! For whatever reason, my mind just thought poking the needle in would hurt worse than rolling! Thanks again for the update.
margarett
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
margarett wrote:
Thank you

From what I have learned talking with Dr. Fernandes the best results are realized if one has been on A and C for at least 6 months prior to rolling (deep rolls). He uses a different form of A in his formulas, so I am assuming that you don't necessarily have to use the Retin A but you should use some form of A (and C) before and after for best results.

Thank you rileygirl,

I also would like to know if I could be doing the Obagi treatment at the same time when dermarolling once a month with a 1.5 needle.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
margarett wrote:

Thank you rileygirl,

I also would like to know if I could be doing the Obagi treatment at the same time when dermarolling once a month with a 1.5 needle.

You're welcome. I don't "think" it would be a problem as long as you don't apply the HQ products the night of your roll. That said, if you are just starting Nu Derm, I would definitely wait for a good 6 weeks of being on the products so you know how you react to them and so your skin doesn't get any more irritated!
hellenzqq
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:06 am      Reply with quote
so many information...
Jackie284
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:47 am      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
Danyel02 wrote:

I think loose can be a normal (somewhat) reaction. Moisturize the heck outta it - the A & D ointment that owndoc gives with a purchase is perfect for dehydration after a roll. It occludes it enuf and smothers it with the vitamins A & D so it helps it recover from the shock of a roll. Another moisturizer like emu oil is good too.

Hi everyone,

has anyone else noticed a looseness of their skin after dermarolling ? If so, is this with all needle lengths ? If we do notice it, is it best to back off from using them ?

many thanks

Jackie xx
This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:13 am      Reply with quote
Jackie284 wrote:
foxe wrote:
Danyel02 wrote:

Hi everyone,

has anyone else noticed a looseness of their skin after dermarolling ? If so, is this with all needle lengths ? If we do notice it, is it best to back off from using them ?

many thanks

Jackie xx

How long after rolling do you notice the looseness? For 24 hours after 1.5mm rolling my face is tight with the swelling.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:01 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |