Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
DermaRoller
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
Cadia wrote:
This time was my first facial session with some numbing stuff (home-mixed version). I used it around the mouth and chin and it helped enough for me to do a thorough roll there. I numbed the lips by accident, so of course they got rolled too... Smile

snowqueen67 wrote:
I'm sure I've read that we're supposed to avoid the lips, but I'm not sure why...in fact I would think the lips would respond well (if I could numb them enough).

You should NEVER use any kind of dermaroller directly on your lips if you have EVER had a cold sore as this type of virus is a member of the Herpes family. Rolling your lips can trigger the Herpes cold sore virus to erupt. It's not that a cold sore outbreak alone is cause for worry, rather, it's the cross-contamination that can occur from rolling other parts of your skin with a dermaroller that is carrying the Herpes cold sore virus on its needles. Pretty scary to think about, so I don't think I have to elaborate further!

So please, DO NOT even consider dermarolling your lips if you've ever had a cold sore before as there are serious consequences if you do!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
ScotsLass wrote:
Cadia wrote:
I've been rolling my chest about 5 times with a week or more in between. It peels, peels and peels Rolling Eyes Maybe I'm still in the beginning phase? Any thoughts? I agree that it feels like a good thing, but it's almost spring and a little less scabby look would be nice.

Hey Cadia wave - I am dying to know why you are rolling your chest, "5 times a week or more in between" - !!??!! Shock I have not found a single article, or study, or product brochure on dermarolling that indicates or supports that there is any advantage to rolling your skin so often in a one week period. In fact, the exact opposite is said and virtually every protocol that I have come across clearly indicates that rolling your skin once a week for 6 weeks is what is necessary to achieve the best results.

Just curious as to why you think "more is better" when every study and/or doctor who specializes in dermarolling treatments has indicated otherwise. Smile

Well, if you read the post you qoute, you'll probably see that I'm not. "5 times with a week or more in between" English isn't my first language, but I'm pretty sure that sentence means 5 weekly treatments.

You have a very good point about the lips though. I forgot the argument because I've never had a cold sore and didn't have to worry about that. Please remember to tell Robin in case she has.
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:56 am      Reply with quote
Nope, never had a cold sore...so not to worry...not that I've rolled my lips yet.

cheers

rebecca

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:41 am      Reply with quote
Cadia wrote:
ScotsLass wrote:
Cadia wrote:
I've been rolling my chest about 5 times with a week or more in between. It peels, peels and peels Rolling Eyes Maybe I'm still in the beginning phase? Any thoughts? I agree that it feels like a good thing, but it's almost spring and a little less scabby look would be nice.

Hey Cadia wave - I am dying to know why you are rolling your chest, "5 times a week or more in between" - !!??!! Shock I have not found a single article, or study, or product brochure on dermarolling that indicates or supports that there is any advantage to rolling your skin so often in a one week period. In fact, the exact opposite is said and virtually every protocol that I have come across clearly indicates that rolling your skin once a week for 6 weeks is what is necessary to achieve the best results.

Just curious as to why you think "more is better" when every study and/or doctor who specializes in dermarolling treatments has indicated otherwise. Smile

Well, if you read the post you qoute, you'll probably see that I'm not. "5 times with a week or more in between" English isn't my first language, but I'm pretty sure that sentence means 5 weekly treatments.

You have a very good point about the lips though. I forgot the argument because I've never had a cold sore and didn't have to worry about that. Please remember to tell Robin in case she has.

Ah, I see. Your comment was misleading to me as the syntax was off a bit, so thank you for the clarification.

Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
this is an interesting concept, pins on a meat tenderizer like thing for skin wow!!
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
Have you ladies been using the bigger needles around the eye area? Does it work well or should I get the .25 size? Thanks
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
That's a great question, skincarefreak. I'm getting very close to buying one of these. Do any of you recommend Leaf and Rusher? Thanks! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
I use my 1.5mm around my eyes. No problems. I have been going about 6weeks. I have to say I have not seen lots of improvement in that area, although I have in others??? I expect it is b/c my eye area is in much worse condition to start with. Will keep you posted.

rebecca

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
It seems like my stretch marks are getting raised and wrinkly. Is this normal and part of the healing process?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
anomaly wrote:
It seems like my stretch marks are getting raised and wrinkly. Is this normal and part of the healing process?

Hi, I am not treating stretch marks..but I reckon this is normal. The dermaroller definitely makes my skin dry and wrinkly at times as it heals.

How long have you been treating the area?

rebecca

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
Hello, I ordered Dr.Roller 1.5mm. Should arrive any time now. Immediately after rollering, what should I put on my skin?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:01 am      Reply with quote
Mars wrote:
Hello, I ordered Dr.Roller 1.5mm. Should arrive any time now. Immediately after rollering, what should I put on my skin?

To start with I didn't use much, in fact just some avacado oil to soothe and heal. You will likely peel just from rolling. As I got used to it I added some Vit C serum diluted with the oil (when I didn't dilute it, I was very scaly). Now I use the Vit C straight.

I am also interested to see what others are using.

rebecca

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:09 am      Reply with quote
Yeah Mars- glad you came on board too. I find my emu oil or Dr. H's rejuvenating mask feels great afterwards. Trying to work my way up to actives but I am not sure I will get there. Would love to work up the nerve for a peel.
I am still on the once a week, you girls are my inspiration.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:21 am      Reply with quote
HI, I'm nervous (scared) to roller for the first time. But, I'm eager to get going with it. I have some jojoba oil. I could put that on afterwards. Oils clog my pores so I don't want to cause more problems. Confused
I, too, would love to hear more conversation about this.
Thank you! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:10 am      Reply with quote
I've started using my roller on some very old surgical scars and I've found that the thicker ones seem to peel and wrinkle most. I think it is probably good (getting rid of that bad tissue).
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
Forgive me if I missed it earlier in the thread - have any of you been rolling your neck ring area? How is it going?
anomaly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
snowqueen67 wrote:
anomaly wrote:

Hi, I am not treating stretch marks..but I reckon this is normal. The dermaroller definitely makes my skin dry and wrinkly at times as it heals.

rebecca

I've done them about 5 times in the past three weeks.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
anomaly wrote:
snowqueen67 wrote:
anomaly wrote:

rebecca

I've done them about 5 times in the past three weeks.

Then I think its normal. I rolled last night (face,chest,arms) and I am quite dry and scaley this morning and I've been going 6 weeks or more.

rebecca

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
I'm wondering if any seasoned rollergirls have been seriously rolling their undereye area. I was pretty gentle in this area (which is my worst problem), but decided last night, what the heck, and rolled it more aggressively. Today it is understandably pink and theres a bit of abrasion.

I guess I'm wondering if anyone has seen results under their eyes????

rebecca

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:57 am      Reply with quote
Catski: I have been rolling my neck all along. It works well there I did not have much in the way of neck rings but the skin texture was getting chicken skin like (I'm going through menopause). It has definately improved skin texture.

Snow: I would like to roll near my eyes but I've only rolled the edges of the under eye area because I've been afraid of how tender that area is. Perhaps I'll try a bit more if it worked out OK for you (how is the area after a day?)
Cadia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:47 am      Reply with quote
Anomaly, for what it's worth, I think it sounds normal too.

I also use vitamin C serum. It intensify the peeling quite a lot, but the results seem worth it for me Very Happy Avocado oil is also a good choice. I use that around my eyes afterwards.

Rebecca, not a seasoned rollergirl, but I roll my eye area pretty thorough. The next morning (and most of the day) it's swollen, pink and sometimes bruised, but that's all gone the next day. That is, when I've been using the 1.5mm. I tried my 2mm and was bruised for four days, but it looked pretty much as uneven pigmentation the last days and could easily be hidden. As I've just done this rounds last roll, it's too soon for any big results here, except for the lips which got rid of the thickened skin and regained some of their color. Now, I'll just wait and see for a while Smile

Here's an article about CIT with lots of great before-after pictures to motivate those brave rollergirls who might not have seen it yet Smile

http://www.dermogenesis.com/roll-cit/Clinics_of_N_Am_2005.pdf

Enjoy reading and rolling! Very Happy
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:58 am      Reply with quote
Very good article,thanks for sharing that. The picture of the bleeding face was a bit scary!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:10 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
Very good article,thanks for sharing that. The picture of the bleeding face was a bit scary!

Hey, don't be scared - it just illustrate that you don't have to worry about being too brutal if you bleed a 'little' Very Happy

(..but the picture is probably from a 3mm rolling - this guy only uses 1mm or 3mm rollers)

Btw, I'm glad you liked it Smile I think it does a great job explaining why and how the procedure works.
anomaly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:55 am      Reply with quote
Wow. The results after just one session are great.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:40 am      Reply with quote
HI, Just got my Dr. Roller and already used it. I went easy with it. It didn't hurt as much as I thought it would. I was expecting torture but, it was just more uncomfortable. Smile My hands hurt the most. Now, I guess I'm supposed to wait a week to roll again?

Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:38 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |