Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

DermaRoller
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
morocha
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2012 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
Can I use Rosehip Oil after using a Dermaroller?

If not, what will be the best oil or serum?
Thank You!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2012 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
morocha wrote:
Can I use Rosehip Oil after using a Dermaroller?

If not, what will be the best oil or serum?
Thank You!

I have not rolled yet, just got my rollers but here is a review that is very positive for using Rosehip seed oil:

Oils for Skin Needling Rollers #1: Rose Hip

http://www.homedermarolling.org/2010/12/oils-for-dermarollers-1-rose-hip.html

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2012 10:28 am      Reply with quote
Does Dermaroller work on Hypertropic scars?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2012 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
morocha wrote:
Does Dermaroller work on Hypertropic scars?

http://forum.owndoc.com/showthread.php?617-What-to-do-about-hypertrophic-scars

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2012 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
Firefox7275, this clip (http://www.youtube.com/user/dermaPen?v=29bWwHzl1ec (see 1:47)) makes me think twice about a roller. It seems to cause much more damage than needed through the rolling action.

Sorry I am late in replying. According to OwnDoc the opposite is true, and I am inclined to believe OwnDoc due to the accumulated experience here. I have eczema and have over-exfoliated many times so I know what a damaged skin barrier feels like. I *think* there has also been research into how long the increased permeability remains for after rolling, if the barrier was being destroyed as that advert claims you would have increased permeability for days while the epidermis heals. IMO how much damage you do to the epidermis depends how aggressive you are - I don't push hard because I have grazed and irritated my skin that way. I get plenty of pinprick bleeding so I know I am pressing hard enough.
http://owndoc.com/dermarolling/derma-pen-review/

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 25, 2012 11:30 am      Reply with quote
Though my question is not directly related to derma rolling but it does involve tissue damage... I was wondering if controlled bruising alone without micro needling could be beneficial to skin as well..

" A bruise, also called a contusion, is a type of relatively minor hematoma of tissue in which capillaries and sometimes venules are damaged by trauma, allowing blood to seep into the surrounding interstitial tissues."

I ask as recently I started using a vaculifter and if not careful, it's v easy to leave your face all purple n blue with it, and that what happened to me! But when the bruises cleared in few days my skin appeared bright & fresh.. there could be other reasons for this but just a thought, any comments? Thank you
morocha
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 26, 2012 8:56 am      Reply with quote
Hello, after a back tooth abscess my right cheek got swollen for a couple days but know it's not the same in terms of tightness,my tooth has been treated and the source of the swelling went down but I think it left it saggy, will that be temporary or my cheek has been stretched forever? My left cheek is very tight and soft but the other is just not the same texture, I have been doing Tanaka Massage for saggyness and it kinda help but it is still saggy. I'd like to know if the Dermaroller can help me tight and lift my right cheek again?

Thank You and have a nice day!
DragoN
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 26, 2012 9:05 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
I ask as recently I started using a vaculifter and if not careful, it's v easy to leave your face all purple n blue with it, and that what happened to me! But when the bruises cleared in few days my skin appeared bright & fresh.. there could be other reasons for this but just a thought, any comments? Thank you

Interesting. Wet cupping in TCM has shown to be quite effective [ German study] for reducing pain / healing ?, not specifically skin texture. That, one can hypothesize is due to the direct injury and the blood pulling, may even be due to the bruise formation and the entire healing cytokine and paracrine healing cascade that kicks off. Unknown. [ but pretty likely]

If you make, first do no harm, your Law, you will never strike the first blow and will be known as a man of peace who can fight like ten tigers, a Human in the act of Being. There is no greater rank than this. Ashida Kim on War.~Cellese~AnteAge Serum and Accelerator, DermaRoller ,MyFawnie AA2G serum, KNN G ForceUltrasound., SEA, ChrySun 25% ZnO
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2012 8:21 am      Reply with quote
My concern with cupping/ bruising would be whether the user is able to inflict the controlled damage we aim for with dermarolling. A certain degree of inflammation is part of the healing cascade, but too much inflammation can destroy surrounding healthy tissue and prolong the healing period.

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
DragoN
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2012 9:34 am      Reply with quote
Agree with you. Yet, the research seems to such otherwise and the mechanisms for the effect remain unknown. It was a well controlled study with sham. Who knows? Many things are effective, for some people, but not all, and may well be placebo.

Fortunately, with skin needling, there is histological evidence to prove otherwise. 80% and over of patients receiving anywhere from 1-4 treatments and still improving a year out. Compared to LED with max 52% of participants showing 25-50% improvement and that is using the correct panels and not hand held units.

If you make, first do no harm, your Law, you will never strike the first blow and will be known as a man of peace who can fight like ten tigers, a Human in the act of Being. There is no greater rank than this. Ashida Kim on War.~Cellese~AnteAge Serum and Accelerator, DermaRoller ,MyFawnie AA2G serum, KNN G ForceUltrasound., SEA, ChrySun 25% ZnO
morocha
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2012 8:18 am      Reply with quote
Is Dermaroller safe to use on your hair scalp and how does it make your hair healthy and grow faster?
morocha
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2012 8:24 am      Reply with quote
Also, can the Dermaroller help unblock hair follicles that are trapped or wont grow due to product build up , chemicals, heat....?
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2012 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
morocha wrote:
Is Dermaroller safe to use on your hair scalp and how does it make your hair healthy and grow faster?

Also, can the Dermaroller help unblock hair follicles that are trapped or wont grow due to product build up , chemicals, heat....?

I don't see how you could roll your scalp without getting hair tangled in the mechanism, unless you have a close cropped hairstyle. AFAIK blocked follicles/ product build up/ heat styling doesn't stop hair growing, where did you get that idea from?

DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2012 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
Firefox7275 wrote:
morocha wrote:

I don't see how you could roll your scalp without getting hair tangled in the mechanism, unless you have a close cropped hairstyle. AFAIK blocked follicles/ product build up/ heat styling doesn't stop hair growing, where did you get that idea from?

It is explained in the book to go in one direction only! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:59 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:

Maybe I am being thick but I don't see how going one way stops hair being drawn up the back of the roller, given that it is going round like a wheel and it is covered in prongs. I can see that would reduce the severity of tangling compared with back and forth. Question Then there is the hygiene issue, if you do a food/ clean room safety you are always taught that hair is a risk for contamination, and you obviously can't clean it with alcohol as you can skin.

DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:39 am      Reply with quote
Firefox7275 wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:

Maybe I am being thick but I don't see how going one way stops hair being drawn up the back of the roller, given that it is going round like a wheel and it is covered in prongs. I can see that would reduce the severity of tangling compared with back and forth. Question Then there is the hygiene issue, if you do a food/ clean room safety you are always taught that hair is a risk for contamination, and you obviously can't clean it with alcohol as you can skin.

He adds that if you feel it slow/drag then stop and make sure hair is not caught.

Hair can be washed with a surgical scrub such as Betadine or Hibicleans prior, then you do need to be willing to wash your hair with sulphates!

Of course you can clean the SCALP with alcohol just like your skin, just in small areas at a time. Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
Ok. I have a derma roller. I've had it about 2-3 years and I'm not sure of the size or where I bought it. I'm hoping someone can identify it. It came in a white plastic cylinder, and has MH on the top of the handle. The needles are small but I don't know what size and I'm trying to figure out where I got it so I can go from there!! Is this like a needle in the haystack?
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
DebM wrote:
Ok. I have a derma roller. I've had it about 2-3 years and I'm not sure of the size or where I bought it. I'm hoping someone can identify it. It came in a white plastic cylinder, and has MH on the top of the handle. The needles are small but I don't know what size and I'm trying to figure out where I got it so I can go from there!! Is this like a needle in the haystack?

You might check the images here, other than that it's a needle in a haystack.
http://owndoc.com/dermarolling/dermaroller-review/
Do also read the text, it suggests similar looking rollers are available from more than one source with totally different levels of quality. Confused

DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:22 pm      Reply with quote
DebM wrote:

You can see many different rollers on:

Dr. Roller:

http://www.dr-roller-shop.com/dr-roller

Other rollers:

http://www.dr-roller-shop.com/Derma-Rollers

Good luck, I hope you find the one you have! Smile

Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:41 am      Reply with quote
Hello, I have got a few questions if that is OK.

- I have been recommended to use a 1.5mm for deep scars and a 1.0mm for light scars, does the 1.5mm not cover both the light and deep scars?

- Does derma rolling have any negative effect on hair molecules, facial hair for example?

- And finally is the general oppinion to avoid the cheaper makes of rollers such as the example listed below:

ebay.co.uk/itm/540-Titanium-Microneedle-540-Needle-Roller-Acne-Skin-Hair-Loss-Wrinkles-Derma-MM-/160763983171?pt=UK_Health_Beauty_Skincare_PP&var=&hash=item6b1ea56375#ht_10298wt_1289

Any help is appreciated thank you.
morocha
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
Can Dermaroller help me tighten saggy cheeks due to tooth abscess?
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
morocha wrote:
Can Dermaroller help me tighten saggy cheeks due to tooth abscess?

is your abscess completely healed? you may have residual inflammation making the cheek saggy...
morocha
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:44 pm      Reply with quote
I'm in the process of having it totally treated, I have 2 more treatments to remove the abscess. I'm just wondering if the Dermaroller can help tighten the saggy skin caused by the swollen tissue.
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
morocha wrote:
I'm in the process of having it totally treated, I have 2 more treatments to remove the abscess. I'm just wondering if the Dermaroller can help tighten the saggy skin caused by the swollen tissue.

I am sure your skin will tighten up on it's own once your swelling is gone.. dermaroller will not tighten a swollen tissue, it may make it worse...
spops

Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:13 pm      Reply with quote
Hi- I'm new here. I'm reading dermarollers need to be replaced often, how often do most people replace them?

are the cheap dermarollers on ebay ok? the cheap and expensive ones all look sorta similar... the green with the clear handle, the tan ones, purple and black handle ones... and I read they all are made in china anyway.

also, I think I made mistake and order the roller with 500 needles. I'm reading this is too many and won't really penetrate the skin, and all the needles are more like little knives than needles due to the way they are cut. will I still get any benefit from it till I can order the regular 200 needle rollers?(waiting to hear if it's ok to order the ones on ebay before ordering another one!)
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:02 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |