Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

DermaRoller
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
spops wrote:
Hi- I'm new here. I'm reading dermarollers need to be replaced often, how often do most people replace them?

are the cheap dermarollers on ebay ok? the cheap and expensive ones all look sorta similar... the green with the clear handle, the tan ones, purple and black handle ones... and I read they all are made in china anyway.

also, I think I made mistake and order the roller with 500 needles. I'm reading this is too many and won't really penetrate the skin, and all the needles are more like little knives than needles due to the way they are cut. will I still get any benefit from it till I can order the regular 200 needle rollers?(waiting to hear if it's ok to order the ones on ebay before ordering another one!)

Welcome! Smile Some eBay rollers are fine many are low quality only suited to a single use, and you cannot simply go on the brand nor country of origin. How often you need to replace the roller depends on the quality and how you use it - if you roll aggressively without softening the skin the needles will blunt faster. If you don't use the right product to sterilise you will damage the rolling mechanism or the glue will loosen and the roller itself will split. My eBay roller lasted about three uses, my Owndoc I've had many months.

Reliable information on dermarolling, good quality products and great customer service here
http://owndoc.com/dermarolling/dermaroller-review/

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
rella

Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:02 am      Reply with quote
Hey guys,Im new here.Im getting my dermaroller soon,and i was just wandering if anyone of those who used it for saggy breast treatment has had any significant results? Also which size did you use? I would be very thankful for your help.
agatha
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:41 am      Reply with quote
A couple of days ago I did a single needle pricking on my forehead line. I did only a couple of pricks around the line area and I applied ifadolan cream afterwards. However, it seems that some pricks are still rather visible (4 days after the session). Is this normal? Did anybody have such problem? I did a single needle treatment on my mouth lines before, and I had no problems whatsoever, but maybe forehead skin is thinner so a single needle sessions should be avoided for that area?

TIA
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:17 am      Reply with quote
rella wrote:
Hey guys,Im new here.Im getting my dermaroller soon,and i was just wandering if anyone of those who used it for saggy breast treatment has had any significant results? Also which size did you use? I would be very thankful for your help.

Welcome to the forum Rella...OK, dermarolling won't improve breast sag but could improve stretch marks. I think you will be wasting your time if you roll hoping to lift the breasts.

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:38 am      Reply with quote
Questions for the regular users ...

1. If you have a genuine Dr Roller how are you storing it?
2. How are you getting the last stubborn blood spots off? The majority dislodge under the tap but some seem to dry on, a damp cotton bud/ swab wasn't much use.

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
Lotusesther
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:54 am      Reply with quote
I use a baby toothbrush and rubbing alcohol to very gently scrub it clean. It's stored in its plastic box, before each use I soak it in alcohol for about half an hour.
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:57 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Lotusesther. My Dr Roller only came with a barrel shaped tube, so the roller would rattle around in that? Whereas the knock-off Dr Roller came with a coffin-shaped plastic box.

Lotusesther
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:00 am      Reply with quote
I have a knock-off in a coffin Very Happy

But if you put it in the tube and put that somewhere safe, that would be OK wouldn't it? If you keep it standing upright?
As long as a. the head is supported so that the needles don't get curved and b. it's dust free, IMO.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:25 am      Reply with quote
I just got mine a few days ago and put it away for safe keeping ... Embarassed

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Lotusesther
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:29 am      Reply with quote
What size did you get Kassy?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:29 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:

LOL. I ordered a third.... .2mm smallest, so now have 3 1mm, .5mm and the new .2! I am not as Shock Shock after seeing how tiny the needles are, but will see once I start? Bad Grin

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:36 am      Reply with quote
Lotusesther wrote:
I have a knock-off in a coffin Very Happy

But if you put it in the tube and put that somewhere safe, that would be OK wouldn't it? If you keep it standing upright?
As long as a. the head is supported so that the needles don't get curved and b. it's dust free, IMO.

The barrel shaped container is large so it won't support the head at all, and made of thin light plastic so is unstable when standing. By contrast the knock off coffin is awesome! Very Happy I have my genuine roller in the coffin now, just wondering what others were doing.

ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:55 am      Reply with quote
Firefox7275 wrote:

2. How are you getting the last stubborn blood spots off? The majority dislodge under the tap but some seem to dry on, a damp cotton bud/ swab wasn't much use.

Hi Firefox, not sure if you've already seen this, but Owndoc has some good cleaning/sterilizing instructions at:

http://dermaroller.owndoc.com/dermaroller-instructions.pdf

I just recently ordered a new roller from them and found it interesting that the sterilizing directions vary depending on the size of the roller.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
Lotusesther wrote:

0.5mm Hopefully I can handle it without any numbing product.

My goal is the lower face & neck. (I keep seeing the picture Beth posted in my minds eye, but I think she used the larger size.) Oy! Shock

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:

LOL. I ordered a third.... .2mm smallest, so now have 3 1mm, .5mm and the new .2! I am not as Shock Shock after seeing how tiny the needles are, but will see once I start? Bad Grin

I didn't see it yet because I didn't want to remove it from it's nice sterile housing until I'm ready to put a load on and get to it.. Laughing (J/K for those who like to call me a "drunk".. Laughing )

DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:

I didn't see it yet because I didn't want to remove it from it's nice sterile housing until I'm ready to put a load on and get to it.. Laughing (J/K for those who like to call me a "drunk".. Laughing )

LOL. I had no control and looked at the 1mm and had a good laugh at me, they are so small!

Cheers! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Lotusesther wrote:

My goal is the lower face & neck. (I keep seeing the picture Beth posted in my minds eye, but I think she used the larger size.) Oy! Shock

I have a .5 mm too and it's doable! But I do have a nice glass of red wine with it, for encouragement and instant reward Very Happy
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
Shastagirl I had seen that but not read it for ages so the reminder was much needed, thank you. Cool

Giggling away here Kassy. I have treated myself to a (very average) New Zealand sauvignon blanc after my dermarolling session this afternoon. Any accusations of 'drunk' towards me have a gain of truth. Embarassed IMO you and DarkMoon will be fine, you are both pretty hardcore.

ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
Lotusesther wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:
Lotusesther wrote:

I have a .5 mm too and it's doable! But I do have a nice glass of red wine with it, for encouragement and instant reward Very Happy

I think you'll find the 0.5 manageable. Most likely you won't have any bleeding from it. I don't. It'll sting a little. You might get some sneezing when you roll your forehead. And you'll be red for a few hours afterwards.

I just took delivery of a 1.0 roller and a 1.5 dermastamp, and I'm looking at those with a little trepidation. I'm going to try icing first. I did get emla, but would like to see if I can handle it without. The ice aupposedly provides some numbness...I hope so!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
Lotusesther wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:
Lotusesther wrote:

I have two things in my favor a really high pain threshold and thick skin!

I only bought the Emla cream for use with the 1mm once I work up to that! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
Lotusesther wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:
Lotusesther wrote:

Kassy, you are correct....the bloody pic was from a 1.5mm! Very Happy

5% products discount

Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
I was wondering if it's okay to use vitamin e oil after dermarolling? I'm using a 1.5 mm needle on my hips and thighs for stretch marks. The following day after dermarolling I apply a shea butter-based mixture that I made myself that has vitamin e oil. Was wondering if this was a good or bad idea? I heard that using Aloe Vera is a bad thing after dermarolling for stretchmarks since it can cause the body to not produce as much collagen . Was wondering if this is true with vitamin e oil? Also, has anyone used lavender oil for stretch mark treatment?
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
understatement wrote:
I was wondering if it's okay to use vitamin e oil after dermarolling? I'm using a 1.5 mm needle on my hips and thighs for stretch marks. The following day after dermarolling I apply a shea butter-based mixture that I made myself that has vitamin e oil. Was wondering if this was a good or bad idea? I heard that using Aloe Vera is a bad thing after dermarolling for stretchmarks since it can cause the body to not produce as much collagen . Was wondering if this is true with vitamin e oil? Also, has anyone used lavender oil for stretch mark treatment?

I heard that rosehip seed oil is excellent for stretch marks.
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
understatement wrote:

Quite the reverse: aloe vera has proven collagen inducing properties, as well as being healing and anti-inflammatory. There are links to published research at the start of the 'Name that Fantastic Active' thread - see Rileygirl's and my posts. http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=44821
The most often recommended post-rolling products contain vitamins A, C or D. Vitamin E can be helpful alongside but IMO you are missing a trick to rely on that alone.

bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
understatement wrote:

Have you read up on how dermarolling actually works and what actives are recommended by the professionals for the best results?

Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:04 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |