Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

DermaRoller
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:48 am      Reply with quote
sanju
Please read all there is on dermarolling ( even just this thread only, if you have little time) particularly Bethanys posts and read her links, because you can do damage by rolling far too frequently.

Go to owndoc website for rolling protocols and if you really want to roll properly then buy Dr Lance Setterfields book "the Concise guide to derma needling" then start, but please dont just depend on Youtube Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:10 am      Reply with quote
i purchased my derma roller a couple weeks ago did first roll and now i am waiting to do another..i bought it for the stretch marks ..but now i am wondering if it will ACTUALLY help my belly and the sagging skin..after pregnancy my belly is very loose ..did any of you actually see improvements for the saggy skin on your stomach...
or does anyone else have any other remedies

any ideas or feedback would be greatly appreciated!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:04 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Just came across this article which mentions both DrS and DrF - I don't think it's been posted before:

http://www.lneonline.com/featured_article/archive/?201202

Thanks...I'll check this out!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:30 am      Reply with quote
Well, tonight is the night Bad Grin
Iam going for the 1mm roll, lots of emla,(probably the rioja too) and the environ products.
Maybe infandolin(spelling) if I need it. Then the 1-5 days clear with just that,then cps, reluma and maybe my baby quaser.

After 7days I can restart the .25mm product penetration rolling ( if I can cope with it)
and we are back in business Bad Grin Rolling Eyes

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:41 am      Reply with quote
10Sylvia5 wrote:
Well, tonight is the night Bad Grin
Iam going for the 1mm roll, lots of emla,(probably the rioja too) and the environ products.
Maybe infandolin(spelling) if I need it. Then the 1-5 days clear with just that,then cps, reluma and maybe my baby quaser.

After 7days I can restart the .25mm product penetration rolling ( if I can cope with it)
and we are back in business Bad Grin Rolling Eyes

Good luck!!! Let us know how it goes. I am still just using a small roller for enhanced penetration only.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:47 am      Reply with quote
will do, she says nervously Exclamation

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:37 am      Reply with quote
well nearly time my face is nicely numbing, feel like a weird plastic dummy (no change there then)

Kids finished eating watching Bolt, puppies asleep soon to have dermaroller freedom( now I need the vino)

Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:09 am      Reply with quote
First photo Aug 2011
imageshack.us/photo/my-images/341/august2011d.jpg
Second photo June 2012, 4 dermarolling sessions 2.0 mm.
imageshack.us/photo/my-images/832/june2012.jpg
Sorry for the links but I can't post url
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
I am now on the other side of the 1mm roll great divide.

With the environ serum and infaldolin on I look like one shiny , greasy lobster Laughing

I did roll harder this time ( using Bethany as inspiration) I got blood spots all over my forehead and chin, but the ckeeks must be made of leather, cos they just went very very red , no blood. I even went over them twice ( if you know what I mean)

I did need emla it was Sore Exclamation Exclamation

but, according to my "Bible" you dont have to really bleed profusely, to get the reaction we are all looking for.
I guess Im just not a bleeder, or the little rolls Ive been doing have toughened up my cheeks.

Either way ,Im still going to stick with the protocol and wait till day 5 to put on the cps and the reluma, its really whats happening under the surface thats important.

Was glad of the vino though, Rolling Eyes

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
Sylvia,
Did you put anything on your skin after your roll? Will you do any topicals until day 5?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
Erg
I had a shower, for about 15minsish, then put on the environ hydrating serum , then the infaldolin ointment.

I think I will add in the environ eye gel day 3
and the environ cquench 4 day 2

then day 5 the other stuff.
At the moment it feels fine really, a bit tight and prickly but thats it

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
Great, thanks for letting me know.
I am getting up the courage to do a deeper roll!
Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
erg wrote:
Great, thanks for letting me know.
I am getting up the courage to do a deeper roll!
Smile

How deep is deeper erg? Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
Go for it , it is never quite as bad as it is in your head Bad Grin

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
actually , yes how deep is deeper Question

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
I am just using a 0.25 now for product penetration. Once I get past the sneezing fits I think I might move to a deeper roll! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
Glad it was manageable Sylvia! Wink Are you softening your skin in the shower beforehand and holding it taught as you roll? That helps with more even pinprick bleeding IME.

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
thats a relief, after reading DMs post I suddenly had a panic

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:37 pm      Reply with quote
Firefox,
I steamed my face before I rolled,and kind of held my skin tight as much as I could.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
Firefox
on reflection, I could have held it tighter, thanks , next time I will.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:41 pm      Reply with quote
10Sylvia5 wrote:
thats a relief, after reading DMs post I suddenly had a panic

Sorry no panic, I just won't go beyond the 1mm. personally, I know some brave souls do for face of course. I know there are the longer ones for stretch marks and the like! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
no I wont either 1mm is big enough for me, shxxxt, Im only rolling every other month what on earth would it be like with any longer, Id need to be comatose Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
yea, 1 mm is max for me too.
Unless a professional was doing it... although, surprisingly no derms/spas around here offers it!!

Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
erg wrote:
yea, 1 mm is max for me too.
Unless a professional was doing it... although, surprisingly no derms/spas around here offers it!!

Smile

That is strange in a way, I was checking a few for pricing on the Vampire Facelift close to me and many (most) offered needling! Maybe it is where the demand is? Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
10Sylvia5 wrote:
Go for it , it is never quite as bad as it is in your head Bad Grin

No it's not! I did a 1mm roll on Saturday night. I tried to press as hard as I could - which isn't what is recommended, you're supposed to use medium pressure. I didn't use any numbing cream. I only managed to produce one tiny blood spot. My face was quite red afterwards, but subsided in a couple of hours. The next morning there was no trace of redness but my skin was very slightly tender.

I also apply sunscreen and makeup in the days following a roll - I wonder how this fits into the protocol? But there is no way I'm going without makeup for five days!

Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:31 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |