Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
DermaRoller
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
ko6kin.
5% products discount

Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
Always wanted to ask long-term-"rollers",who been rolling/stamping for a year or more. Do you see any results, are there the improvements?
Thanks
Smile
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
ko6kin. wrote:
Always wanted to ask long-term-"rollers",who been rolling/stamping for a year or more. Do you see any results, are there the improvements?
Thanks
Smile

Honestly, this is the best thing I have ever done for my skin. But I think you need to understand the wound healing cascade, the required topicals to maximize results, and not overdo it to see the best results.

5% products discount

Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:51 am      Reply with quote
For cleaning a 1mm dermastamp, is it sufficient to use hot soapy water and then soak overnight in 0.5 chloramine-t sterilising solution (from owndoc)?
flipper
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:07 am      Reply with quote
What topicals are most effective immediately post 1.5 roll? I know this has been discussed before, but I am not sure how to find it through the many posts. I just did my first roll and used Infadolan per Owndoc. Should I do vitamin C or Retin A directly after, or should I wait a day or two when the skin is not so sensitive. Also, I have seen some dermarolling sights that recommend using Neosporin or some antibiotic directly after to avoid infection. Anyone do this?
lindsay123
5% products discount

Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:40 am      Reply with quote
As far as i'm aware it's generally advised that to wait a few days before applying topicals like vit c or vit a. Some people do apply them straight away or the same day, but the absorption (and thus irritation) is increased dramatically. Vit c and vit a are deemed as the most effective when rolling / stamping. People also like using copper peptides. No idea about Neosporin and i've not come across it in any of my reading. Infection would most likely be caused by the instrument you're using and it not being clean - you don't risk skin infection post roll on the skin itself, if that makes sense (as in, you don't need to 'disinfect' your skin post roll etc). But i might be wrong.
flipper
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Lindsay, I did wait a full 24 hrs before applying Vitamin C and an additional day before adding Retin A. So far I can feel the top layer of my skin is a bit dry, but I figure I will exfoliate in a few days if it doesn't correct itself by then. I don't want to over do it with irritation. I did try copper peptides years ago and didn't see any benefit, so I stopped. Maybe I should try again with rolling. I am considering the shorter needles for product penetration.
lindsay123
5% products discount

Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:56 am      Reply with quote
Just a thought, you could try Vit a and Vit c non acidic derivatives instead. It would certainly decrease irritation but still give your skin what it needs. I think Dr. Fernandes recommends non acidic versions actually. I'm using a serum with magnesium ascorbyl phosphate a few times a week instead.

I just did my first stamp. Only in two places as i wanted to see what it would be like and how my skin would react. 1mm without numbing cream. The pain wasn't bad at all but it was uncomfortable in a, 'why are you doing this?' kind of way. I heard a couple of pops and saw one or two bits of pin point bleeding. My skin is now a little red. I'm not particularly squeamish but i do feel a bit 'funny'. I'm hoping it's just first time nerves etc Sad
AngelaE8654
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
Thanks Cookie...looking into it.

Looks like the Fernandes book is now available:

amazon[dot]com/Illustrated-Guide-Percutaneous-Collagen-Induction/dp/1850972532/ref=reg_hu-rd_add_1_dp

I wonder if the Setterfield book was delayed until this was released...just a speculation, who knows.

BFG

$185 for a book?!?!?! I haven't seen those type of prices since I was in college. Shock Shock Shock

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
AngelaE8654 wrote:
Barefootgirl wrote:

amazon[dot]com/Illustrated-Guide-Percutaneous-Collagen-Induction/dp/1850972532/ref=reg_hu-rd_add_1_dp

I wonder if the Setterfield book was delayed until this was released...just a speculation, who knows.

BFG

$185 for a book?!?!?! I haven't seen those type of prices since I was in college. Shock Shock Shock

The USED Obagi dermatology text book I have sells for $250 - $725. Total craziness!

http://www.amazon.com/Obagi-Skin-Health-Restoration-Rejuvenation/dp/0387984690

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
AngelaE8654 wrote:
Barefootgirl wrote:

BFG

The USED Obagi dermatology text book I have sells for $250 - $725. Total craziness!

amazon[dot]com/Obagi-Skin-Health-Restoration-Rejuvenation/dp/0387984690

I agree. Those prices look like they might be aimed at the "college crowd", who is more used to that type of price for a textbook. The $185 book talks about "free 2-day shipping for college students".

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone have any experience with DNS Titanium rollers?

Thanks, BFG
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
Those of you using the My-M, where are you purchasing them? I found a couple suppliers via Google but I'm hesitant to buy without a recommendation.

Apologies if this is redundant, but I did a site search and didn't get any results.

Edited to add... I'm confused by the prongs on the charger (that IS a charger, right?). Is this what most of you are buying?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Korea-Made-Auto-Microroller-Motorized-Skin-Theraphy-MTS-Roller-Needle-MY-M-/200714179241

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
Lowbrowscientist wrote:
Those of you using the My-M, where are you purchasing them? I found a couple suppliers via Google but I'm hesitant to buy without a recommendation.

Apologies if this is redundant, but I did a site search and didn't get any results.

Edited to add... I'm confused by the prongs on the charger (that IS a charger, right?). Is this what most of you are buying?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Korea-Made-Auto-Microroller-Motorized-Skin-Theraphy-MTS-Roller-Needle-MY-M-/200714179241

Hi Lowbrow, if you scan through the link below you will see where some people bought them. I think I bought mine for the Ebay seller Bethany used but can't really remember.

The prongs on the charger are for a European power plug. You will need a US converter/travel plug.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=47313&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=75

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
LBS,

As far as I know, most My-M claimed to be made in Korea sold by local Chinese companies are not the authentic My-M. They are made in China and the quality varies from one to another.

Mine is a lemon and cannot pierce the skin at all; though I have got a replacement.
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD and summer2004, thanks so much for your help! As tempting as it is, I think I'm going to stick with the manual dermastamp and rollers for now.

There's a lot to be said for very intense rolling (meaning, more intense than I can probably do in one treatment with conventional rollers), but I'm reasonably certain that I can get similar results - albeit in a longer time period - if I just keep at it consistently and roll as intensely as I can every 4 to 5 weeks for an extended period.

Apologies again for missing this info; I know how tiresome it can be to answer the same questions repeatedly Embarassed

Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
Hi folks! I use a .5 mm dermaroller for skin texture improvement and I was wondering whether anyone has any experience with using both dermarollers and an HF tool of some sort at the same time?

I've read that HF helps the healing process, but I'm not sure if it would further improve the little wounds I'm creating with the dermaroller or if it's something I should avoid using for a few days after dermarolling..

Any advice would be much appreciated!!
LauraLizzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
I am trying to decide if I should do a dermal needling this week or a big deal chemical peel.

I have done 2 dermapen/skinpen treatments but never tried a serious peel.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:24 pm      Reply with quote
wagashi wrote:
Hi folks! I use a .5 mm dermaroller for skin texture improvement and I was wondering whether anyone has any experience with using both dermarollers and an HF tool of some sort at the same time?

I've read that HF helps the healing process, but I'm not sure if it would further improve the little wounds I'm creating with the dermaroller or if it's something I should avoid using for a few days after dermarolling..

Any advice would be much appreciated!!

I use a HF (and I think you mean - high frequency??) and I would not use the two together. I would want the dermaroller to do its thing before I introduced another product like a HF. Wait a few days (5?) before trying the HF.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:08 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone seen or used one of these? It is an adjustable Dermastamp. It goes from .25mm to 2.7mm. The head looks bigger/more needles also. I am not sure how you would sterilize it though. I think that could be a big problem and it is too expensive just to throw away. I like my MY-m but someone else might be interested.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MTS-Derma-stamp-adjustable-needle-0-25mm-2-7mm-/181079982626?pt=US_Skin_Care&hash=item2a29354222

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
Has anyone seen or used one of these? It is an adjustable Dermastamp. It goes from .25mm to 2.7mm. The head looks bigger/more needles also. I am not sure how you would sterilize it though. I think that could be a big problem and it is too expensive just to throw away. I like my MY-m but someone else might be interested.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MTS-Derma-stamp-adjustable-needle-0-25mm-2-7mm-/181079982626?pt=US_Skin_Care&hash=item2a29354222

I had a dermastamp (not adjustable) with a larger head like this one, and found it very unwieldy to use. I personally would not recommend it as I didn't feel you consistently got the desired penetration across the entire head.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:56 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone ever posted before and afters for the dermarolling? I may get a My-M. I just had my second VI-Peel with the boost and want to enhance my results. I don't want to waste my time and money if something isn't going to work.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
I do think needles lose their optimal level of sharpness relatively fast when penetrating skin. So the big derma stamp, imo, is probably a good idea rather than particularly efficient in practice.

Rapid turnover of needles is best, I think. Wink
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone know how soon after a roll I could get a peel done? I've never done a peel before, but use Retin A and a 2% BHA regularly.

I plan on doing a good roll next week and wonder how soon after I could get a peel from my derms office. I believe they've said to not use Retin A for a week before the peel. Considering that, are we still suppose to use vit A & C after a roll for a week or so?? (Even though I like to add CPs instead of the C)

5% products discount

Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
What dermaroller do most people use? I see the Dermaroller and then other needling devices, like Genosys Microneedle Roller http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0043JIFCY/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A63N9OY5VFBWV

The Dermaroller is not currently sold in the US I think? The US website says it is under construction. Is that one better than let's say the one I posted above? Is the Dermaroller made in Germany (I think I remember reading that somewhere).

Thanks!
LauraLizzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
Does anyone know how soon after a roll I could get a peel done? I've never done a peel before, but use Retin A and a 2% BHA regularly.

I plan on doing a good roll next week and wonder how soon after I could get a peel from my derms office. I believe they've said to not use Retin A for a week before the peel. Considering that, are we still suppose to use vit A & C after a roll for a week or so?? (Even though I like to add CPs instead of the C)

I would say 2 weeks.

Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:00 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |