Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

55 and over Skin Care issues
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:50 am      Reply with quote
I would like to start a topic regarding those of us that are 55 and over. To me, it would be nice to find out what works or doesn't work for our age group. A large percentage of posts about a product or rave does not include the age of the poster. It is my belief that those posting who are in the 20's, 30's, 40's and early 50's do not have the same issues as we do. This is just an idea and if you think it's not a good one I will ask the moderators to delete this.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:03 am      Reply with quote
Hi there Frodo, sounds good to me. I fall into this category, not sure how or when it happened but would like to know more about what other' 3rd agers 'think and use.
Think
saladgirl
5% products discount

Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:52 am      Reply with quote
Sounds like something I would really benefit from too. One product designed for 50+ which I found totally useless was Lancome Platineum Hydroxy with Calcium. I fell for the ads, sucker that I am. Much better to get information straight from the women who use the products to tell what works and what doesn't. Count me in!
4sons
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:09 am      Reply with quote
Not ot argue, Frodo ... I mean, I know when I'm not wanted Sad , but I'm curious about the differences in skin care issues between those who are, perhaps, a mere 52 and those a mere three years older?

I DO know that aging has not been gradual for me ... I've looked incredibly youthful until last year and then WHAM. Does this mean I can expect Act 2 in three years?

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:13 am      Reply with quote
I'm not 55 yet, but it won't be that much longer. I'm in the same boat as 4sons. The aging process hit me like a ton of bricks a few years back.

5% products discount

Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:38 am      Reply with quote
I have to agree that the "mature" skin changes really started about 50. Prior to that, my skin was in pretty good shape, and in my mid-40's I just figured I was going to be lucky. Now at 55, I have real issues I want to tackle...at least try to before I cave in and resort of plastic surgery!
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:42 am      Reply with quote
Over 50 is good for this thread because it hits us all at different ages. I always looked very young for my age. When I was 51 people still thought I was in my late 30s. Then, at 53, suddenly my skin, my body, all went South. I'll be 57 in October and I look like I'm pushing 70 (well at least I think so--especially today).

Overall, I am making more progress so far this year in turning back the clock than I have in the previous 3 years combined.

The only things that are going to do it, ladies, are Daily supplements (Vit. C big time!), Topical Vit. C (I recommend Candessence Triple C),Skinbio's CPs and either a BQ or a DPL. These work and I'm tossing everything else except my Sea Kelp.

A

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:49 am      Reply with quote
I have to agree with Ari on this. I don't use vit. C serum, but I am using everything else and it seems to be helping.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:51 am      Reply with quote
I agree totally with all you girls. I'm 53, and always looked at least 10 years younger until about 2 years ago and it's frightening how you wake up one morning and don't recognise yourself! My neck, which I have never had a problem with, is suddenly looking crepey and old. I am lucky in that I don't have deep lines but the skin under my eyes and my neck now give away my age. Thank God I found this forum Shock
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:54 am      Reply with quote
salli wrote:
I have to agree with Ari on this. I don't use vit. C serum, but I am using everything else and it seems to be helping.

Sal, you have to take Vit. C to get the full benefit of the CPs. Try it and see what a big difference it makes. It will take about a week for your body to start utilizing the vitamin C, after that, things improve ultra fast! It's like the CPs went on steriods. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:59 am      Reply with quote
I don't need to hear this! It's my B-day, I need to hear happy stories about the 50's. According to Arielle, I only have 2 good years left before I disintegrate!!!Aaach!!
This is too depressing...

As for the goods, I can only reiterate C serums & matrixyl. I haven't done CPs yet, but I'm planning to start.

One product I have to comment about: Patricia Wexler's serum. Now I'm not crazy about the texture but this really helped fight the 'sink and the sag'. I used it when it first came out. Results were obvious within a month. I'm not using it now, since it's hard to get it shipped from the states. I wonder if any one else used it. It's based on MMPIs & Niacyl and I haven't been able to find other products containing it. There are reviews on MUA, but it's annoying when 20-year-olds review something meant for us.
salli
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:06 am      Reply with quote
Ari, I do take 1 gram of C everyday, actually since I'm a (dare I say) smoker I was considering bumping it up another 500 mgs just for good measure. Another thing that hasn't been mentioned yet is MSM. Ari just got me started on this recently and I was talking to Nanci at NCN and she was telling me that Dr. Pickart recommends 1000 mgs. per day of MSM in addition to the C.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:22 am      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
I don't need to hear this! It's my B-day, I need to hear happy stories about the 50's. According to Arielle, I only have 2 good years left before I disintegrate!!!Aaach!!
This is too depressing...

As for the goods, I can only reiterate C serums & matrixyl. I haven't done CPs yet, but I'm planning to start.

One product I have to comment about: Patricia Wexler's serum. Now I'm not crazy about the texture but this really helped fight the 'sink and the sag'. I used it when it first came out. Results were obvious within a month. I'm not using it now, since it's hard to get it shipped from the states. I wonder if any one else used it. It's based on MMPIs & Niacyl and I haven't been able to find other products containing it. There are reviews on MUA, but it's annoying when 20-year-olds review something meant for us.

Puddin', you missed my point and I'm sorry for that. I didn't know about the CPs and DPL 3 years ago. I was trying all that junk with Argireline and anti-age "stuff". You actually CAN turn back the clock with CPs and DPL (or BabyQ)! These don't just "halt" or "reduce" the appearance of aging, they reverse it!

A

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:33 am      Reply with quote
Marina, don't panic darlin. Ari's telling you the truth. I have only been using the DPL and cp's for about 3 weeks now. I can tell you that I really do look alot better. My lines are getting better and my general skin tone and color are better already.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:41 am      Reply with quote
Hi Girls -

Not officially ready for this thread agewise, but my sister is and she's having the same issues some of you are. So, excuse my ignorance, but I want to clarify -

CP = Copper Peptides? If so, who has good ones?

So you apply CP's but take the C internally?

I assume if you're also taking MSM it should be an Ester-C? Or at least that's what I've read so don't go by me! Very Happy

The BQ is the infamous Baby Quasar, right?

I want to load my sister up with this info.

Marina -

I love Wexler's skin calming mist - smells sooooo nice and really sets my MMU. I don't think I gave the serum enough of a chance.

Maria Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:48 am      Reply with quote
Maria

Best CP's are Pickart's at Skinbio. Also, NCN has sells them (same price as skinbio) and sells the DPL.

Didn't know it needed to be ester C.

Yes, you apply CPs and take C internally.

BQ means Baby Quasar.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:52 am      Reply with quote
salli wrote:
Maria

Best CP's are Pickart's at Skinbio. Also, NCN has sells them (same price as skinbio) and sells the DPL.

Didn't know it needed to be ester C.

Yes, you apply CPs and take C internally.

BQ means Baby Quasar.

Yep, ester C. I've started getting my SkinBio CPs, etc. from NCN, too. Nanci's a doll and I want her get my bidness.

Both the DPL and the BQ are pricey. But, when you think of all the stuff you won't be buying anymore, either one of them will pay for themselves quite quickly.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:52 am      Reply with quote
salli wrote:
Marina, don't panic darlin. Ari's telling you the truth. I have only been using the DPL and cp's for about 3 weeks now. I can tell you that I really do look alot better. My lines are getting better and my general skin tone and color are better already.

Are we talking the real CPs or the namby-pamby ones for us chickens-GHKs? How much are you diluting. Quick...I'm a few hours older already!

Sorry, I didn't read the post that followed (senior moment) but how much are you diluting? I don't have the luxury of time for uglies...

I know..I'm annoying today..I'll be normal again tomorrow..promise Embarassed
salli
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:55 am      Reply with quote
Marina, Nanci at NCN started me out of regular CP serum once a day for a few weeks and then we bumped it up to twice a day just a few days ago. This is the real deal here. NCN besides have wonderful customer service and great prices owner is a registered Aesthetician.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:57 am      Reply with quote
Happy Birthday Marina!
Well, I'm almost 52 and I have to say that within the last few months, I really have noticed my skin going for a dive. I also think that I'm using way too many products on my face. The creams, acids, oils, on and on and on. I started using CPs in Nov. and think I'll start with Super CPs now. I do use topical vit. C and also take 1000 mg. a day.

I'm getting frustrated because I've tried so many products, but I think I will cut back and use only CPs, vit. C. and maybe spring for the DPL unit (wait till hubby finds out about that!) Oh, and I just can't give up seakelp either.
I do think also, that I spend too much time looking into a magnifying mirror stressing out about all the changes in my skin. Gotta stop that! Of coarse, having a husband who is only 41 doesn't help. Most people do think we are the same age, so maybe some of these products actually are working.
I think simplicity might just be the answer.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
How are you guys using the Seakelp? I'm only using it for my hair right now since I don't know to incorporate in skincare.
salli
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
My nite program:

clean face
DPL
cp's
skb
dab of emu

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
salli wrote:

Are we talking the real CPs or the namby-pamby ones for us chickens-GHKs? How much are you diluting. Quick...I'm a few hours older already!

Sorry, I didn't read the post that followed (senior moment) but how much are you diluting? I don't have the luxury of time for uglies...

I know..I'm annoying today..I'll be normal again tomorrow..promise Embarassed

LOL same promise I've been making all day.

If you've never used CPs start off slow--either start with the GHKs or start with a 50/50 mix of the Super CPs and distilled water. Build up from there over several weeks-reducing the water. Your goal is straight Super CPs. After that, if you tolerate the Super CPs for a couple of months, move up to Super COP and start slowly with that as recommended.

Sea Kelp is pure nutrition for hair and skin. Mix some in your day cream, night cream and, especially, your eye cream.

JMHO

A

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
Wow! Glad to see you guys having fun on this thread. I am 61 but don't mind at all to ask the moderators to change it to 50 plus. Ruth, I didn't mean to leave you out or for that matter anyone. So, what do you think? 50 plus? I guess with all said, all I want is to be able to listen to those with the same issues as me and others in this age group.

Edited to add "Very, very close to 61, can't figure out why I would want to push it. Shock

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with many of the comments expressed about suddenly waking up one day with major changes taking place in my skin (including skin on other parts of my body too!). It's definitely a wake up call. I will be watching this thread!

My own process is that for many years I had decent skin, not even the dreaded teen breakouts, and had many compliments on how clear it was. It has changed significantly in the last 3 years (I'm 57, and not taking any hormonal supplements, definitely in menopause!). Sagging and permanent smile lines are noticable, loss of the plump rosy look. Suddenly, I'm on the hunt for products to keep the march of time at bay...

Vit C; trying different brands as it is very drying and some brands made me break out.

Retinol; trying Avene and PSF. Don't know yet if I can tolerate it.

DMAE; use occasionally. Don't know if it's really doing anything.

Trying to use fewer chemical products. Test with Dr. H products was a bust, and my skin is just now recovering from that trauma! Now testing PSF.

Hopefully, we can learn from each other...

Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:41 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |