Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
55 and over Skin Care issues
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
killy
5% products discount

Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:55 am      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone. This is my first time on this site and really enjoying it.
I've stated using a 0.5 Derma roller - just used it 3 times and see a big difference in the texture of my skin. Also do Facercise which is a great exercise routine for the face - it has helped my neck and chin also around the eyes. I tried the derma roller on my hands first as I was a bit apprehensive about using it on my face, but the results on my hands were really good.....when you pulled the skin up it went back immediately !!!! Great news !!!
dnemke

Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:19 am      Reply with quote
I have not tried the dermaroller yet, for some reason i think about holes in my face ! I will be 60 in May. I aged alot between 55 and now - almost overnite. Shall we start a new thread for us older gals/guys ?
killy
5% products discount

Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:39 am      Reply with quote
I'm in my early 70's and often taken for much younger. I used to line dance but got fed up with that and started excercising every day - so thought if that helps your body why not do the same for the face. The derma roller is good - I did a lot of research before buying one but am now very glad I did. If you look good you feel good !!!
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:13 am      Reply with quote
suzyIQ wrote:
Hi, I am new to this forum and have been reading all the post I can. Some really good advice here. I want to start using Vic C serum or cream for face and neck. Could anyone recommend a good product for me to start with. Thank you all Very Happy

I would like to suggest two brands, Skinceuticals or VivierPharma.

I think you will really notice a difference after three months.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:18 am      Reply with quote
bettinfla wrote:
Once I reached menopause -- the big Miss M I call her -- everything went downhill. I woke up one day, looking 50 when I went to bed and woke up looking 60. I didn't get it. My advice is take many supplements, vitamin C, e and of course antioxidants and natural horomones (Suzanne Somers). Use a clarisonic -- and PRAY for strength to accept what you wake up with!!!

I like your advice! I have seen on the televison that Cheryl Tiggs said that she uses tamanu oil because it help keep her pale skin calm and heal any irritations. I think that is important too. If our skin is reactive, we need to keep it calm and remove any redness.
MaryM

Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:39 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I just joined I am 67 in good health and I thought I have always taken good care of my skin moisturizers always cleansing before I go to bed all the things that are suppose to keep your skin looking good. I seem to have a lot of irregular bumps on my face they are skin colored and started on my chin area I they seem to be spreading they clump together. I noticed recently I now have some on cheek. At first I though they might be a pimple that wasn't coming to a head but they weren't red or pink and when I squeezed them nothing came out I just made the skin around them red like skin does when we squeeze our face. I noticed there is a ridge of skin on mu nose also it looks like the skin is getting thicker? Help
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:59 am      Reply with quote
MaryM wrote:
Hi, I just joined I am 67 in good health and I thought I have always taken good care of my skin moisturizers always cleansing before I go to bed all the things that are suppose to keep your skin looking good. I seem to have a lot of irregular bumps on my face they are skin colored and started on my chin area I they seem to be spreading they clump together. I noticed recently I now have some on cheek. At first I though they might be a pimple that wasn't coming to a head but they weren't red or pink and when I squeezed them nothing came out I just made the skin around them red like skin does when we squeeze our face. I noticed there is a ridge of skin on mu nose also it looks like the skin is getting thicker? Help

Maybe you shouldn't squeeze and start some form of exfoliating. You could use AHA, or a peel and with time, perhaps that bump will dry out, peel and you will get some new skin.
MaryM

Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:44 am      Reply with quote
I was interested in the derma roller Killy mentioned and wondering what produced she uses with it. I looked at the site where you can purchase it and they recommend using with a serum or moisturizer?
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:30 am      Reply with quote
MaryM wrote:
I was interested in the derma roller Killy mentioned and wondering what produced she uses with it. I looked at the site where you can purchase it and they recommend using with a serum or moisturizer?

I am not familiar with derma roller, and in fact, I am afraid of needles, and wouldn't like to puncture holes in my skin.

Maybe someone could help.
killy
5% products discount

Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Mary M

I use Infadolan ointment from Sarah Vaughter's online store and it seems to do the trick - after looking up quite a few reveiws. I have now ordered the diy serum c from Sarah. I don't think you can better the price and the advice you get from this forum.

Go for it girl.!!! wave
skinglowgal

Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:19 am      Reply with quote
I love all things skincare so much at 50 I went back to school to be an esthteician. For me - there are no miracle creams, and I have tried almost everything. I use my light stim.

I dermaroll. I have been on retin A my "whole life' practically. I always to acid peels and I think or so I have been told I have great skin. I do have a patch of hyperpigmentation on my cheek and hand that I constantly work with. I just found this site and love it.
Saggy Baggy Elephant

Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Frodo! I am 57 and use prescription Tretinoin .25% at night, and Kosmea Rosehip oil around my eyes plus Jurlique age defying eye creme. Day time I use Jurlique age defying moisturiser and same eye routine. Cost is a big issue for me, so it has to really work. The tretinoin creme is making quite a difference. I must say though, lifestyle is a major contributor to your skin's health and appearance. I have been applying moisturisers since I was 13, as has my daughter now.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
skinglowgal wrote:
I love all things skincare so much at 50 I went back to school to be an esthteician. For me - there are no miracle creams, and I have tried almost everything. I use my light stim.

I dermaroll. I have been on retin A my "whole life' practically. I always to acid peels and I think or so I have been told I have great skin. I do have a patch of hyperpigmentation on my cheek and hand that I constantly work with. I just found this site and love it.

I understand that the new findings and recent esthetician beliefs are that too much acid, retin-a, etc. and combinations of these over time are damaging and thinning to the skin. Apparently this contrasts the older beliefs.

Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
skinglowgal wrote:

I understand that the new findings and recent esthetician beliefs are that too much acid, retin-a, etc. and combinations of these over time are damaging and thinning to the skin. Apparently this contrasts the older beliefs.
Yes, that is the nature of acid, and I agree. Being aware of your ever - changing skin, be it natural or self - induced is sensible. Not all lines are bad either: they are your history of life! I love smile lines, but I dislike frown lines.
taz46

Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
I am 67 and have spent my summers until the age of 52 in the hot Texas sun in a bikini. I have used retin-a religously since I was around 40. My skin is so oily I don't even use moisturizer but I do use light drying products from Mario Badescu and powder to even out imperfections. (I am dealing with milia). I just won't be without the retin-a. I was told the other day by a nurse that a new doctor seeing me for the first time commented there was no way I was 67. Maybe it's just good genes. I'll probably wake up tomorrow and look 90. All the posts are wonderful and helpful. THANKS
taz46

Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry, but one more thing. I get my retin-a from India.
existential lady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
So how does one get retin-A from India. Please share.

Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
Hello, I'm AQuest and this is my first visit. I hope I'm doing this correctly. I've been going crazy trying to unravel all the info on age reversal products. It seems they make one product for one function. I also have to look for the drugstore brands or brands that can be purchased online for a reasonable cost. I can't by 5 at 20 dollars a pop. Retin A was the product I really wanted. But, after a total hysterectomy in 2006 (I just started Post Menopause HRT one month ago) rapid aging seemed to kick in. I'm 58 now. My skin is sagging and thinning. I never see the deep pores and veins running all over my chest until I'm in the store with a top that is just below the collar bone. I looked in the review mirror once and was shocked at the holes all over my face. I have deep wrinkles between my brows and my smile lines and oh my neck is going too fast....gobble, gobble. I've heard of DMAE, Peptides, retn A and Alph whatever.
I was a sun worshiper until my son was born, so I baked until age 34.
That's me now...today. My question; what ingredients would be most beneficial for me. Do the post menopause, with Testosterone and Estrogen hormone replacement therapies help thinning skin? Can I help my turkey neck? Is it too late. I aged so much faster than my mother. I hope I don't sound vain. it was just such a shock to realize why people no longer exclaimed, "No way!" when I gave my age. Now I say 58 and no one blinks. LOL sort of. Thank you for listening. Any feedback is so appreciated. I will read as well. Thank you all.

Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
The best thing you can do is RELAX! Believe it or not, ageing is normal! Mirrors have a lot to answer for… Who you are as a person will be reflected by your body, so cheer up and enjoy exploring what 58 has to offer! Your lines and skin are a history of your life; some regrets and lots to have good memories of. No excuse though not to nurture a healthy body inside and out at any age, no matter what it looks like. Very Happy
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
Aquest - my best advice to you is to search the archives of this forum. The most helpful information will like be more than a year old, but still valid as the science has not changed much.

There is lots of info here on hormones and their impact on skin and places to do your research…also effective strategies for combatting signs of aging.

Also, my advice is to be careful to do your own research here rather than just taking the advice of one or two (including me!)……truly, it's easy to lose time and money here. lol.

BFG

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
There are many great suggestions on this thread. I take meticulous care of my skin and have for many years. I make my own creams and do my own facial exercises and use sunscreen, retin-a, niacinamide, etc. But in my opinion, it's more than just the face, it's the whole body.

When you look at someone it's how they walk and hold themselves that gives their age away. It's their posture as viewed from the side especially. Look to see whether the ears are in line with the shoulders and the shoulders are in line with the hips. The neck shouldn't jut forward.

One of the most important things is to walk with a purpose! Old people tend to walk sunken down in a collapsed fashion. If I could recommend one thing to reverse the signs of aging I would say fantastic posture will take years off your looks. Walk as if you know where your going (even if you don't!) and pull up out of your hips, straighten yourself up. It uses more calories as well. You'll look years younger.

I'll just shut up now.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
Tiptoedancer wrote:

Old people tend to walk sunken down in a collapsed fashion.

Unfortunately, many old people have scoliosis and osteoporosis so couldn't stand up straight if they wanted to. That's why I exercise and take HRT and lots of supplements. My late mother started getting dowager hump in her fifties and her sister has lost five inches in height.
Tiptoedancer
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
SoftSkin wrote:
Tiptoedancer wrote:

Old people tend to walk sunken down in a collapsed fashion.

Unfortunately, many old people have scoliosis and osteoporosis so couldn't stand up straight if they wanted to. That's why I exercise and take HRT and lots of supplements. My late mother started getting dowager hump in her fifties and her sister has lost five inches in height.

Oh so true. My mother had a dowager hump as well and lost several inches in height. One needs to start exercising early in life and make it a habit like brushing teeth. I think that's why I'm so adamant about exercise and posture after I saw what it did to my mother. Bad posture effects lungs, digestion and perhaps bladder control. Posture is like a building block to health.

I use compounded testosterone cream at 2% to keep me strong. I love it. I haven't had any side effects like growing hair on my face. Some ladies have had this problem.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:04 am      Reply with quote
I wonder what the lowest dose of testosterone patch would be. I am not a fan of creams, preferring to slap on a patch every few days and forget about it.

My gyn gave me a Rx for compounded testosterone a couple of years ago but the dose was so low I didn't notice a thing. My testosterone level is 0 according to my last blood test so I really need to do something. If she doesn't increase my dose I may buy something from Inhousepharmacy in India myself.
Tiptoedancer
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
SoftSkin wrote:
I wonder what the lowest dose of testosterone patch would be. I am not a fan of creams, preferring to slap on a patch every few days and forget about it.

My gyn gave me a Rx for compounded testosterone a couple of years ago but the dose was so low I didn't notice a thing. My testosterone level is 0 according to my last blood test so I really need to do something. If she doesn't increase my dose I may buy something from Inhousepharmacy in India myself.

I'm well into menopause and my testosterone levels sank like a lead zeppelin filled with boulders. I don't use much though, about 1/8th of a teaspoon daily, just enough to make me feel better. The testosterone I use is compounded and doesn't have some of the side effects other testosterone has. Or so I'm told.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:45 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |