Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)
55 and over Skin Care issues
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
salli wrote:
Mel, I've never used the BQ. I use the DPL. They are both the same technology and yes I definitely feel that it is pushing the ingredients in further. I have it on the advice of a skincare professional that there is a dermatologist that uses this same light technology with copper peptides and is having great success with it.

ok thanks a ton, I just started the cp and BQ, having done it once with great results, I am about to resume...got sidetracked with headaches ect....
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 3:34 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using this method since I was told about it and along with my peels I do think it is making a difference. I cannot remember who gave me the advice but I was ready to bin my BQ.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
I really think this approach is helping. I have seen a significant difference in my 11's - they are almost completely gone since I've been using the DPL with the serums,etc.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
salli wrote:
I really think this approach is helping. I have seen a significant difference in my 11's - they are almost completely gone since I've been using the DPL with the serums,etc.

I saw a huge difference, that lasted for days, from just one use. Now alot of that was plumping, but hey I'll take it however I can get it. So I am going to mark my calender and do a 2 week test, and stick too it. My prob always ends up the 30 mins it takes, its not that I can't find the time, its that I end up lazy and think ohhhh I'll do it tomorrow...
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
m.april wrote:
Hi BluesHeart - I'm beginning to get suspicious of the proliferation of anti-aging products that claim to be based on wound-healing treatments and technology -- seems to be one of the latest marketing gimmicks to me. And I couldn't find ingredients listed for these products -- maybe I missed them though.

But having said that, I'm all ears to hear what you think of the samples you try! Keep us posted!

I agree April. I did look at the ingredients and I don't see anything spectacular.
http://www.lathene.com/index.asp?PageAction=Custom&ID=28#glossary1
salli
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
Mel, what I really do love about the DPL is that I can do my entire face in a 9 minute setting. I don't need to move it around. My skincare professional recommended that I use it twice a day. I'm very impressed with the results I've gotten.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
salli wrote:
Mel, I've never used the BQ. I use the DPL. They are both the same technology and yes I definitely feel that it is pushing the ingredients in further. I have it on the advice of a skincare professional that there is a dermatologist that uses this same light technology with copper peptides and is having great success with it.

Ah the DPL... that's the one with the panels right? Before I bought the BQ, I was soooo torn between the two. On the one hand, I liked the idea of just sitting in front of the DPL, but then I thought I might get more bang for the buck since the BQ is moved directly over the surface of the skin, so I got the BQ. I'm very pleased with it and I'm generally not a gadget gal. I'm soooo glad the DPL is working for you Salli. You're quite right - same technology and, from our results, it looks like a very effective one Wink
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
I am not over 55 but I am going through menopause so I think I am ok here. My body is going through some horrendous changes at the moment and my lovely Dr who is a lady does not like HRT so she will not let me have any. Anyway I got some cream that is supposed to help with the wayward hormones. I haven't tried it yet and I cannot remember what it is called (memory problems) but I will let you know if it helps.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
DPL is great. You keep your face about 1/4-1/2 inch from the panels. The panels are also detachable. Sprained my ankle a few months ago and could not get it to stop hurting after several weeks. I detached one of the panels and used it on my foot - just to see. I was amazed. It stopped hurting the next day. Could be a coindence, but I've heard of the BQ being used for the same thing. I too am not much into gadgets - but this one does work.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
Loops, have you asked her about bio-identical hormones? They are compounded for your specific needs and are considered much safer.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
loopylori wrote:
I am not over 55 but I am going through menopause so I think I am ok here. My body is going through some horrendous changes at the moment and my lovely Dr who is a lady does not like HRT so she will not let me have any. Anyway I got some cream that is supposed to help with the wayward hormones. I haven't tried it yet and I cannot remember what it is called (memory problems) but I will let you know if it helps.

Maybe 4sons will chime in as she, I believe, uses an alternate to HRT. I personally dislike HRT but am using it at a small dose and only every other day. Some days I am just a total b!@#h though. The "horrendous changes" as you stated are the pitts.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
loopylori wrote:

Loops, is it Progesterone? That stuff has made a world of difference to me. It regulates everything very nicely. I found out fairly recently (last 2 years or so) that regular fat cells also produce estrogen. But, it's the supply of progesterone that really declines and causes problems as we age. Just a thought.

A

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
Salli I will ask. Thanks

Frodo I will ask. Thanks

Arielle. It is progesterone and I am really hopeful. The reviews were very good for it.

I appreciate all the advice.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
where do you get the BQ and DPL. Do you recommend one over the other?
salli
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
I personally like the DPL because it doesn't take as long to use. That is the biggest plus for me. Hopefully, I won't be scorned for the rest of my reply. You can purchase a DPL at NCN Skincare. I'm not sure about the BQ - I would just google it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
Arielle wrote:
loopylori wrote:

Loops, is it Progesterone? That stuff has made a world of difference to me. It regulates everything very nicely. I found out fairly recently (last 2 years or so) that regular fat cells also produce estrogen. But, it's the supply of progesterone that really declines and causes problems as we age. Just a thought.

A

Checking medicine cabinet....I've got estrace (.5) and prometrium (100). Am I covered?
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you everyone!!! I have been not so faithful using my Baby Q. Now that I am using CP's I think I will try applying my CP's then using the Q for product penetration.
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
Arielle wrote:
loopylori wrote:

A

Checking medicine cabinet....I've got estrace (.5) and prometrium (100). Am I covered?

Yeah, you're covered (especially if that's what your doctor prescribes). Are you taking the estrace because you don't make enough estrogen? The prometrium is the progesterone equivalent which is the great hormone balancer and regulator.

A

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
Arielle wrote:
marina wrote:
Arielle wrote:
loopylori wrote:

A

Yeah, you're covered (especially if that's what your doctor prescribes). Are you taking the estrace because you don't make enough estrogen? The prometrium is the progesterone equivalent which is the great hormone balancer and regulator.

A

I really don't know. He gave them to me because I was literally a basket case in his office..and the fact that I wasn't sleeping nights. I'd wake up at 3 and wanted to kill DH for daring to sleep so soundly while I felt like I was in a steam room. I must say it took care of that problem fairly well.
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
marina wrote:

I really don't know. He gave them to me because I was literally a basket case in his office..and the fact that I wasn't sleeping nights. I'd wake up at 3 and wanted to kill DH for daring to sleep so soundly while I felt like I was in a steam room. I must say it took care of that problem fairly well.

ahhhh. THAT was the Progesterone....best thing in the world for night sweats and hot flashes.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
Hey marina, if you aren't sure call him and he can run a blood test on your levels. Then you will both know for sure.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Salli. I think he wants to 'reevaluate' me now anyway..it's been about a year. He dosen't like HRT either. I'm putting it off..I'm afraid he'll take them away. I guess I should find out though.
4sons
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:

Maybe 4sons will chime in as she, I believe, uses an alternate to HRT. I personally dislike HRT but am using it at a small dose and only every other day. Some days I am just a total b!@#h though. The "horrendous changes" as you stated are the pitts.

Yup. I take bioidentical progesterone and a blend of two estrogens. Is it perfect? Nope. But it does enable me to work without breaking into rivers of sweat and has allowed me to do what I need to do in my life at this stage.

Will I do this forever? Hopefully not ...

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
Would anyone know what would be easier to use the Baby Q or the DPL?

I am looking for the one that is the least complicated to operate. TIA!
tthagen1
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
i'm sorry if this is a dumb question. but can someone please tell me what the DPL is and what the BQ is. What are the differences and why would you use one over the other one?
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:46 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |