Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
55 and over Skin Care issues
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
Smoky,

Sal and I have found our Holy Grails and they are the same. Worth looking into.

A

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
I truly second what Ari said. This regime has actually provided me with results already and I've barely gotten started. Interestingly enough, other than investment in BQ or DPL which will last for a very long time, it really isn't very expensive.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
Hi ladies and Happy Birthday marina!!!

So far I've been fortunate not to have experienced any dramatic decline in my skin yet, even at age 55, and I attribute this to long-term and faithful photo-protection. But gravity and time will have their way eventually. Now you've got me scared that I'm going to wake up one day and look 20 years older than I do! I don't doubt this could happen, especially if health issues present themselves.

I'm not sure I agree that specific products and procedures are universally beneficial since everyone's skin, genetics, history and habits are different. I don't know if I'll ever try CPs, or any kind of photo therapy, or lots of supplements, or argirelene. Then again, what I used and what worked in my 40s is different from what's working for me now, so who knows? Sunscreen and exercise are the only constants so far that continue to offer benefits. More recently, I've liked using CE+Ferulic and retinaldehyde products. But now I'm experimenting with NIA24 and liking it, though it's way too soon to judge if it's worthwhile. Like I've said, my skin is in very good condition so I'm not expecting dramatic change. My goal is to keep it in good shape so that when the time comes for a face lift, I'll enjoy optimal results. I've seen women with extensive photo damage who've gotten face lifts and they still look old. Jeez, I don't want to spend that kind of money and still look like hell.

My opinions could change in an instant if I suddenly experience a dramatic decline in my skin condition. As it is, I'm just a little bit droopier along the jaw and upper eyelids (and a few other fleshy areas Wink ) than I was when I was younger. I've had the same fine lines around my eyes for years and years. My hands have suffered most, and are bonier and more venous looking. I'm getting some of those blue varicose veins around my ankles too. And of course I have more grey hair.

Dermablend can cover those ankle veins, a good colorist (and in-between touch-ups with a great product called ColorMark) can take care of my hair (plus less-frequent washing and drying helps). SS, CE+F and retinaldehyde have kept lines, pigmentation and more droopiness at bay so far, and maybe NIA24 will be a new and regular addition to the arsenal. Macadamia oil (recent discovery) helped with this past winter's dryness. Gold Bond Ultimate Healing Skin Therapy Lotion does a decent job on my hands. I apply SS on them too, but I'm really bad about wearing gloves while doing household chores -- plus I cook a LOT and so my hands are often in water. I've recently started taking glucosamine/chondroitin/MSM supplements for occasional stiffness in my knees. I take Vit.D since I'm such a photo-phobe.

I check the forum often because all of the products I use are things I've heard about here. This is a better resource than anything else I'm aware of -- EDS is the greatest!
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
April (and everyone else), I've never been an outdoors girl and when I did go out I usually wore sunscreen. BUT, I just found out in the last couple of weeks that computer screens are a big source of UVA. I've just started getting "spots" of photo-damage and that's the only thing I can attribute it to since computers have been my life since 1984. So, it's sunscreen for me alll day long, now.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:
Wow! Glad to see you guys having fun on this thread. I am 61 but don't mind at all to ask the moderators to change it to 50 plus. Ruth, I didn't mean to leave you out or for that matter anyone. So, what do you think? 50 plus? I guess with all said, all I want is to be able to listen to those with the same issues as me and others in this age group.

Edited to add "Very, very close to 61, can't figure out why I would want to push it. Shock

Thank you!!!

Ok. I'm so on the fence about that BQ. Lots of $$$ but I'd love not to use so many products!

Here's what I do.

What do you guys do for those lovely under eye circles? Do you use your BQ there are well? And on your neck?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
4sons wrote:
Frodo wrote:
Wow! Glad to see you guys having fun on this thread. I am 61 but don't mind at all to ask the moderators to change it to 50 plus. Ruth, I didn't mean to leave you out or for that matter anyone. So, what do you think? 50 plus? I guess with all said, all I want is to be able to listen to those with the same issues as me and others in this age group.

Edited to add "Very, very close to 61, can't figure out why I would want to push it. Shock

Thank you!!!

Ok. I'm so on the fence about that BQ. Lots of $$$ but I'd love not to use so many products!

Here's what I do.

What do you guys do for those lovely under eye circles? Do you use your BQ there are well? And on your neck?

See, the reason I got the BQ is that it's portable and I can use it allllll over, if I want. Anything that's going to build collagen and thicken up our thinning skin is going to help with the circles. So, yes, I do use it around my eyes avoiding the eyeball itself.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Arielle. I read that big long thread on this and there definitely seem to be some devotees, but I'm wondering if people have tried it and NOT seen any results. Also, it sounds darned complicated to me. Do you know if there are any online demos of the thing?

Thanks again!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
4sons, there is also the DPL that is easier to use and faster. It isn't as portable as the BQ.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
salli wrote:
4sons, there is also the DPL that is easier to use and faster. It isn't as portable as the BQ.

I take it that's the big 'un?

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:19 pm      Reply with quote
Yep, it's big. The panels are detachable so that they can be used in other places. I really like it because it only takes 9 minutes. You just sit there and it does your whole face at once.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
4sons wrote:
Thanks, Arielle. I read that big long thread on this and there definitely seem to be some devotees, but I'm wondering if people have tried it and NOT seen any results. Also, it sounds darned complicated to me. Do you know if there are any online demos of the thing?

Thanks again!

I used the Quasar SP for 3 months and returned it as I was not seeing any results except for the pain on my left calf so I returned it (James is a sweetheat) and bought the lightstem for my leg. I am using it on my face but still no results but it's great on my leg.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
4sons wrote:
salli wrote:

I take it that's the big 'un?

It's not the SP Ruth that sells for $1,600 plus it's a different one that sits on a table.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
There's my issue in a nutshell. I'd hate to shell out the $$$ and see no results. Anyone else that has tried it and returned it? Thanks for letting me know, Frodo. While I'd LOVE to toss half my arsenal of face stuff, I'm leary.

What are you using on your face with success now?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
I tell everyone I am 55, and they all say....damnnnnnnnnnn you look great! So can I join?
4sons
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
So. You get up every morning, gaze at your visage in the mirror, squinch your eyes shut and hope???

Am I reading you correctly???

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
4sons wrote:
There's my issue in a nutshell. I'd hate to shell out the $$$ and see no results. Anyone else that has tried it and returned it? Thanks for letting me know, Frodo. While I'd LOVE to toss half my arsenal of face stuff, I'm leary.

What are you using on your face with success now?

Ruth, the Quasar Baby or SP is returnable after I believe 3 months so if it doesn't work you would get your $$$$ back. I think it's worth a try. A lot of people are having success with the Baby which is around $450, but don't quote me on that.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
4sons wrote:
So. You get up every morning, gaze at your visage in the mirror, squinch your eyes shut and hope???

Am I reading you correctly???

Yes, I am having an awful time right now with my mug. I have an appointment on May 16th to start C02 treatments. Not sure if I will keep it, but I have seen the results on 3 people and they look fantastic. The Dr. that does it is quite knowledgeable as her forte (sp) is reconstructive surgery, mostly with women who have had their breast(s) removed. Just kinda down in the dumps right now, it will pass. Chocolate usually puts me in a better mood. Smile

I need to search (unless one of you knows) the person that recently had, I believe flaxel done, and on the thread someone mentioned an RX to get that I believe started with a "B". Not only has my face gone to hell and back but my memory has gone south as well. Shock

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
4sons the DPL also has a 2 month return policy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
m.april what are you hoping to achieve with the NIA24? I am not too familiar with the product other that I thought it was for age spots.

5% products discount

Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks to all the great people and review on EDS, I have found a system which I think..I hope..may be having some positive effects in terms of brightening, skin tone, tightening.

AM
Glycolic Wash
Skinceuticals: CE Ferulic
Skinceuticals: B Gel
Obagi Eye Cream on lids, undereyes, and a little touch all over
F2F LE..just a bit since it's a little heavy for me
ULLE

PM
Glycolic Wash
PSF O2
Skinbiology Copper Serum (the mild one since I'm a newbie)
Obagi Eye Cream
ULLE
Renova

I'm also using the L2K lip system with great results and Jan Marini Eyelash old formula..wow!!

I did try the Baby Q, but I am one of those people whom it did nothing for. It tooks tons of time, but I really saw no improvement. Maybe I didn't give it enough time.

I am eagerly reading all the posts on this thread. Thanks to everyone for all the great input.
existential lady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
Hi guys, I'm with you. What is DPL and NIA???
Still not long enough on this forum to know everything. But I welcome this topic we certainly we have are own issues that need addressing.
For my age I think my skin looks pretty good, but Remergent DNA repair really helps it, since I found this forum. Men actually sometimes look at me again. Laughing Ari, you tried to guide me to a moisturizer, many thanks. I tried Decleor Nutri-delice at a store near me yesterday. It smelled just like tahini that I put in hummus! Too nutty for me! I got a sample of Angelique balm and it restored my skin for today, though I doubt I could use it more often than once a week. Still looking, although now it's almost summer and SS may be enough.
Do you put CP serum all over your face? I have Super Cop and am slowly working on all my sun spots, skin tags, keratoses, etc. etc. My husband who was a medical man used to say that all my skin should come off and we could start over... Not funny, he didn't even see the worst of it. Anyone have that problem with their skin? Anyway, since finding the forum, I have hope that I can do something about looking less than my age. So thanks, ladies, and let's keep caring about one another. It helps to know that we are not alone. Cheers! (Hope some of my questions get answers--thanks!)
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
Ladies - Sorry to intrude, but I notice that when you talk about taking Vit C internally, you all agree C ester. May I ask why? I have just been taking regular Vit C (I am using CP's) so I wonder the benefits of the C ester.
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Ladies - Sorry to intrude, but I notice that when you talk about taking Vit C internally, you all agree C ester. May I ask why? I have just been taking regular Vit C (I am using CP's) so I wonder the benefits of the C ester.

The ester form is supposed to be more bioavailable because it is both water and oil soluble.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
4sons wrote:
I'd hate to shell out the $$$ and see no results. Anyone else that has tried it and returned it?

Hi 4 sons,
I purchased both the DPL (~$350) and the BQ (~$450). I couldn't decide, so I purchased both to compare. My plan was to see which performed better, keep it and return the other. Unfortunately, I never saw a difference with either. Both companies accepted the return and refunded my money without complaint. The BQ people were very kind and told be that there is a small percentage of people for which light therapy just doesn't work. boo hoo Crying or Very sad

The DPL system was much faster and easier to use, but it seemed to me that the BQ system incorporated more research into the wavelengths and placement of the LEDs. Again, the points were moot with me because my skin decided to be stubborn!
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
Arielle wrote:
rileygirl wrote:

The ester form is supposed to be more bioavailable because it is both water and oil soluble.

I didn't know that, but I am sure that has been posted somewhere at sometime. Guess I will have to get some tomorrow, hope they make chewable.

Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:33 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |