Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

55 and over Skin Care issues
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:29 am      Reply with quote
kd,

I love my Quasar SP but it's an expensive investment. The DPL looks great and I like that you just sit in front of it - for lazy treatment Smile

I got my Quasar SP for beautification and more so I invested the money in it. I'm involved in learning Energy Medicine [EM] (a la Donna Eden,www.innersource.net) so I wanted a multi-purpose item that I can use to trace meridians (of Chinese medicine), stimulate points, etc. Once I start doing EM with more people, the fact that the Quasar SP is portable is a + as well.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:40 am      Reply with quote
lunarmm wrote:
kd,

I love my Quasar SP but it's an expensive investment. The DPL looks great and I like that you just sit in front of it - for lazy treatment Smile

I got my Quasar SP for beautification and more so I invested the money in it. I'm involved in learning Energy Medicine [EM] (a la Donna Eden,www.innersource.net) so I wanted a multi-purpose item that I can use to trace meridians (of Chinese medicine), stimulate points, etc. Once I start doing EM with more people, the fact that the Quasar SP is portable is a + as well.

lunarmm - good for you!!!! I admire you for your quest.

5% products discount

Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
Hello everyone,

I'm a long time member but I;don't post very much..
English is not my first language...
My name is Dia, I'm from the Netherlands, smoker
(heavy) Sad and not much sun Wink because this is Holland..much rain..
I'm 50 years old..
Since I have a computer I never used skincare I can buy here..Thought U.S.A. things were better..
I tried "peelings" burnt my face off..ordered Cellex C for years ago (now I can order it in Holland..)
I tried Plazan cream..was not very impressed..
Then I saw a thread (here or on another forum) about "pearl creme"
Did a search on Google..I found "reve du perles" but I could not order that because I'm not a therapist
Then I found Simengdi.
you can only buy it on E-bay .
I cant post "links" but when you search for
"wuxi siyuan..you can find the web-site.
I ordered the cream..on E-bay..It "looked" very "Chinese" it's a gel with "pearls" and gold..
There is no exactly ingredients-list..
The box says mainingedients are "bio-gold, ginseng, ganoderma, pearl, vit. E, hyaluronic acid.
I'm using it now for 2 weeks..and my skin looks fabulous..
I'm also using a acupressure-pen (ordered in the U.S...) and I'm very impressed..
My skin looks so healthy now..
I'm so impressed that tomorrow I'm going to a TCM..he is doing cosmetic acupuncture...

best regards
Dia
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
Cool for you, Dia. I'm interested to hear how the experience with cosmetic acupuncture goes. Maybe you can continue to do treatments at home with your acupuncture pen. Let us know! I'm a big fan of TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine)!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
mozaik wrote:
kd, i just used the contact us option

mozaik - I tried contacting dianayvonne again using the "contact us" and with no luck. Is anyone else having trouble getting questions answers from dianayvonne?

5% products discount

Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:16 am      Reply with quote
Dia, Someone mentioned to order Retin-A from Horison drugs, which I did recently. You can always order things from other places.

I am pretty new to these forums and geat topic guys!
I am currently using Retin- A, but have ordered CP from the skin bio site, which I am waiting for now.

I tried to mail them today, but both of their E-mail addresses don't seem to work on their website?

Here in the Netherlands many things still seem to be on prescription, its like being in the dark ages LOL.

Thanks for all the info!

Libby
kd
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:36 am      Reply with quote
libertybelle wrote:
Dia, Someone mentioned to order Retin-A from Horison drugs, which I did recently. You can always order things from other places.

I am pretty new to these forums and geat topic guys!
I am currently using Retin- A, but have ordered CP from the skin bio site, which I am waiting for now.

I tried to mail them today, but both of their E-mail addresses don't seem to work on their website?

Here in the Netherlands many things still seem to be on prescription, its like being in the dark ages LOL.

Thanks for all the info!

Libby

Are you saying that Horison drugs emails are not working?

Retin-A requires a prescription in the US (at least in all the places I know of). I live in So. Cal and travel over the border into Mexico to buy it (cheaper and no prescription required).

5% products discount

Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:11 am      Reply with quote
Sorry, didn't explain clearly. I meant that my mail to the skin bio site got returned. I mailed them a short while ago and my mail went through, so I assume it was a computer problem, probably on my part

In the Netherlands many over the counter creams like canestan or Hydrocortisone cream you cannot buy here. Pretty dire actually in that respect.

I was mentioning to Kia that she could order from abroad Smile
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:27 am      Reply with quote
Dia wrote:

Then I saw a thread (here or on another forum) about "pearl creme"
Did a search on Google..I found "reve du perles" but I could not order that because I'm not a therapist
Then I found Simengdi.
you can only buy it on E-bay .
I cant post "links" but when you search for
"wuxi siyuan..you can find the web-site.
I ordered the cream..on E-bay..It "looked" very "Chinese" it's a gel with "pearls" and gold..
There is no exactly ingredients-list..
The box says mainingedients are "bio-gold, ginseng, ganoderma, pearl, vit. E, hyaluronic acid.
I'm using it now for 2 weeks..and my skin looks fabulous..
I'm also using a acupressure-pen (ordered in the U.S...) and I'm very impressed..
My skin looks so healthy now..
I'm so impressed that tomorrow I'm going to a TCM..he is doing cosmetic acupuncture...

best regards
Dia

another place where you can get pearl cream is at http://silkenpearl.com/
I'm waiting for my first order so can't say anything about it + we are different age groups anyway, but there have been raves about it on the forums... but I don't think it contains gold.. HTH Smile

Hope you update on the cosmetic acupuncture and let us know what it's like and what it does for you!!

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:31 am      Reply with quote
libertybelle,

Just a warning. US SkinBio seems very overwhelmed / short-staffed, so it may take quite a while to get an email response to questions. I emailed the US website on 6/7 and still haven't gotten a response. Luckily, I got most of my questions answered elsewhere (from other customers). The US SkinBio site does warn that it has a longer turnaround time now due to the high demand for their products.

I've heard the Canadian SkinBio site is much more responsive currently.

5% products discount

Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:39 am      Reply with quote
Thanks lunar Smile I guessed they may be busy.

May I ask how people use Retin A alongside CP?
I am using retin A 0.01 and its ok as long as I wait 30 mins after washing before using it, I'm using it every night each 2 days and only a pea sized amount. I have ordered the CP from skin bio and wondered if anyone can give me some tips on how often it should be used in conjunction with the retin A.

I'd be greatful, thanks Libby
Dia
5% products discount

Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:27 am      Reply with quote
another place where you can get pearl cream is at http://silkenpearl.com/
I'm waiting for my first order so can't say anything about it + we are different age groups anyway, but there have been raves about it on the forums... but I don't think it contains gold.. HTH Smile

Hope you update on the cosmetic acupuncture and let us know what it's like and what it does for you!![/quote]

Hello,

Yes, I will let you know the results.
All I can say now is that it is sometimes a little painful Smile
Tomorrow I have my 2 appointment.
In the meantime I'm reading the book from Ping Zhang...

For the ladies who have the pearl-powder already, I found a very nice recipe in the anti-aging therapy book
mix one teaspoon pearl-powder with an egg white and a half teaspoon of honey.
leave 20 min. on the face

regards
Dia

Dia
kd
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
libertybelle wrote:
Thanks lunar Smile I guessed they may be busy.

May I ask how people use Retin A alongside CP?
I am using retin A 0.01 and its ok as long as I wait 30 mins after washing before using it, I'm using it every night each 2 days and only a pea sized amount. I have ordered the CP from skin bio and wondered if anyone can give me some tips on how often it should be used in conjunction with the retin A.

I'd be greatful, thanks Libby

Libby -
if you email Nanci @ NCN Skin care professionals she will respond immediately and will answer every one of your questions, including using Retin A. She carries CP's, etc., and ships world wide.
Dancing

5% products discount

Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
If u google rooibos, u will see it is a tea with higher antioxidant effect than the green tea. I called a Co that produces it, and the lady(very nice service) said that using the tea bags on the face and eyes .has anti-inflammatory effect +antioxidant. Anyway, i thought to tell u about something that seems to be very effective and inexpensive.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
Great info!!!
Just ordered and received the DPL from NCN ... will you let you know the outcome.

Have been very impressed with everything else, including the sample Nanci sent of the new mineral foundation she has. Luckily it matched my skin tone, but I'm wearing it today and my skin looks flawless and it's lasted in the 90 + degree heat.
It was soooo easy to apply (started with finger tips, then out of curiosity tried cosmetic sponge - two different effects -both great).
If this keeps up I may retire my Laura Mercier.
Thought I would pass it along... something that's good for the skin and looks good, too!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
kd,

I'm looking forward to hearing your experience with the DPL. Enjoy Razz

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:51 am      Reply with quote
I have a question about brown spots. I have some that have been there since my early 30's I think (particularly left side of the face) but they are not that bad. Would still like to get rid of them. But the spots that bother me the most are the ones on my lower face/chin area from years of hormonal break outs. I had thought that was over but now that I am perimenopausal I am getting more. I feel like a teenager again sometimes! I always have a layer of healing red marks over older brown marks these days. Obviously I have to get the acne stuff under control that has just started but what about the pigmentation? Does anyone have an opinion as to whether or not this is best attacked with some sort of lightening serum or better with peel?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:51 am      Reply with quote
Maybe this thread will be of help:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=302202#302202
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:19 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Maybe this thread will be of help:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=302202#302202

Keliu

Wow this stuff sounds like it works faster than other. Since I am not that bad I could probably see marked improvement even before the trip. Thanks a lot!
kd
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
For those of you who have used the DPL and CP's, what was the difference that you saw both short term and long term?
Just started using the DPL over the weekend and want to pay attention to the changes based on your input. Very Happy

5% products discount

Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
Hello.
I have just spent about two hours reading this entire thread from start to finish. Whoosh...I need to get up and do some jumpingjacks!

I have been compiling a pretty extensive list from this two hours of study, and now plan to call Nancy and try to order the spoken-of products and gadgets.

I already have such an extensive skin care regimen (and much money invested in it all) that I hate to start over. However, I do think I have learned a lot here.

No matter how many TCA and lactic peels I've done, I still have "marks" on my skin. I also use a vit c serum daily (Philosophy).

Somewhere I've just missed something.

My primary, primary concern is depression of the nasal labial folds (nose to mouth folds). It seems like the only true solution for this is injections. Am I right?

Thank you for this wealth of information.

My shopping spree begins...
mishie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
SunRose good luck with your new regime, you won't be disappointed when you contact Nanci she is amazing to work with.

Let us know how your new products are working our for you once you have used them for a while and what you would recommend.
SunRose
5% products discount

Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
oops, I just realized I did have a few questions after reading. Forgive me if the answer was already addressed...my head started swimming after the first hour and a half Smile

What is NIA24? Is there some good info. or a thread I can read on this?

What is MSM?

Was it decided that the most efficacious Copper Peptide was Pickart's and "Linda's"?

I think that's all for now..

smiles..
Bellezza
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Everyone!
I'm new here and I'm so excited to have found this site, I can't tell you.
I've been reading this thread till my eyes hurt... and have made a list of things to buy.

I'm wondering if anyone has experience with mesotherapy. It is a non-surgical treatment for cellulite and fat deposit, but it can also firm and tighten skin in the neck and facial areas. The Dr. I consulted said she can inject vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and amico acid by pricking the surface of the skin. A little deeper injections are used for corner of mouth & lines.
It's recommended to have a treatment once a year.

I was thinking of giving it a try but after reading this thread I'm wondering if buying the Baby Q and using it after I apply vitamins to the face will eventually produce the same results.
Any advise?
Thank you all
Bellezza
cmayes71
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:49 pm      Reply with quote
For those using the DPL, please post any results you are getting.

Cindy
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:44 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |